Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Quality Quidditch Supplies Open, Hiring, and Summer Sales! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:06 pm
User Image
User Image

There is no life - no life without its hunger;
Each restless heart beats so imperfectly;
But when you come and I am filled with wonder,
Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity.

↷Salems Alum ↶American Half-Blood ↶ Married to Milo Abrams ↶ Father of two

Wyatt enjoyed the summer months in his store because of the constantly streaming revenue from kids arriving back from school and some overcompensating adults. It also didn't hurt that he had finally gotten some part time help in the form of older Hogwarts students and of course his own children. Though Laili would rather spend her time with Milo at his store tending to owls and such, Dris still spent a greater part of his time here either helping with customers or attempting to dye himself a newer brighter color. Today though he was mostly on his own with his temp hire helping to put out the wares like the newer brooms, gloves, and such. They always ran out of gloves close to the summer so he learned to order an extra case in advance. Currently he was in the back going over more orders, paperwork, etc while his temp dealt with the customers. The kid was fresh-faced and had the after smell of a pimple potion but was alright as far as his personality and had a decent understanding on how to sell stuff. Plus he could do math which was sort of a major thing regarding sales. He was so engrossed with his paperwork he nearly missed the teen knocking on his door looking curious and awkward. "Uh, sir? There's some kids asking for Mr. Abrams up front." Wyatt frowned a bit wondering if he meant his own kids but he was sure even for a joke that they and Milo wouldn't send the teen to get him. They'd just come to his office themselves much like a certain annoying pretty-boy seeker. Either way his curiosity got the better of him and he grabbed his cane that had been leaning against his desk and minimally hobbled his way towards the front. The dull throbbing pain and phantom spasms usually flared up once a month in the summer months, nowhere near as constant as it was in the winter and today he had felt it the moment he slid from the bed that morning. It was the main reason he had decided to keep the kid up front while he could semi-rest in the back. When he finally arrived he spotted a blonde boy talking animatedly with a blonde girl in a wheelchair which was certainly an odd sight since most injuries were fixed with magic before it could result to such a thing. She might've been a muggleborn or perhaps in just such bad shape she had to be given a wheelchair. He could sort of relate given the current form of his knee. "Afternoon, I heard you needed to speak with me?" Wyatt asked with bemusement as he observed the pair more. He wondered what it was they needed from him that they couldn't get from the temp.

Cara MiaKitty

Devlyn Maycry

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up to more than I can be.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:35 pm
User ImageUser Image

Are you insane like me? Been in pain like me?
                                                                    Do you
                                                                    tear yourself apart to entertain like me?
                                                                    Do the people
                                                                    whisper 'bout you on the train like me?
                                                                    You can't
                                                                    wake up, this is not a dream

Aleah was immediately distracted from her grumpy thoughts by his excited chattering. She grinned, watching him speak enthusiastically. She shrugged at his words though. "I'm not really sure what I need. I mean I can't really ask my doctors, hey what broom would be best for my condition." She mentioned. "They'd think I was talking about sweeping and tell me I shouldn't be sweeping in my condition." She rolled her eyes at that. 'her condition' like she was some terminal cancer kid. She was fine. Well not fine fine, but she wasn't going to die! Its not like a dislocated shoulder could kill her! And she only had type 3. It wasn't like her blood vessels were suddenly going to explode!

She thought for a few moments. "I mean I'll probably need back support and leg support thats more stable... kind of like...leg braces but attached to the broom? I dunno... hopefully the broom dude will be more helpful than the two of us." She teased him. She shrugged at his last question, and at that moment Mr. Abrams appeared. She shrugged and pointed at him. "I'm sure he can answer that." She smiled at him, noticing his cane. Weren't wizards supposed to be all healing or whatever... not that they could fix her but the minute magic could change genetics she'd be worried. That was going a bit far. "Hi! I'm Aleah Toller. Gid... something or other.... reccomended we come to you. We're looking for a broom that uhh.... doesn't kill me... so I can play Quidditch." She gestured awkwardly to the wheelchair, and shrugged. She wasn't sure what all to tell him. "What exactly do you need to know to help us?"

These voices won't leave me alone,
                                                                    Well my heart is golden, my hands are cold,
                                                                    Are you deranged like me? Are you strange like me?
                                                                    Do you call
                                                                    yourself a hurricane like me?
                                                                    Low on
                                                                    self esteem, so you run on gasoline.

░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
ooc:

Cara MiaKitty

Yukina101

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:56 pm
User ImageUser Image

Ƒιƒтн ƳєαяƓяуƒƒιη∂σяƇнαѕєя

Gid had been walking along Diagon with Scoots by his side. The dog looked excited to get sunshine and Gid was happy to have his beloved pet with him. After looking into shop windows for a while, Gid went into his favorite store. Of course, it was the quidditch supply shop. Though, he liked the stuff within, his favorite reason to keep showing up was the super nice owner. He helped when no one else seemed to want to, and because of him, Gideon found his skill as a Chaser. Gid examined the broom care kits, needing a few things from it. Perhaps he'd get one for his girlfriend as well? Maybe she'd like a nice surprise? He pondered it, debating how much he'd have to spend on new robes and books.

Tʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇs ɪɴ ʟɪғᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ᴄʀᴀᴡʟ
Lᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢʀɪᴘ, ᴛʀɪᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ғᴀʟʟ
Wʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀɴ ᴏɴ ɴᴏ-ᴏɴᴇ ᴇʟsᴇ
Tʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ғɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ
I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴠᴇ ɴᴏᴛɪᴄᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ
Wᴀʟᴋɪɴɢ's ᴇᴀsʏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ ɪs ғʟᴀᴛ
Tʜᴇᴍ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇᴅ ᴏʟᴇ ʜɪɪʟs'ʟʟ ɢᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ
Yᴇᴀʜ, ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ Lᴏʀᴅ ɢᴀᴠᴇ ᴜs ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴs

Sσ ωє cσυƖɗ Ɩєαяη нσω тσ cƖιмв
The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:32 pm
User Image
User Image
𝒇𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓽𝓱 𝔂𝒆𝓪𝓻 𝓰𝓻𝔂𝒇𝒇𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓸𝓻 𝓻𝒆𝓼𝒆𝓻𝓿𝒆 𝓴𝒆𝒆𝓹𝒆𝓻

Kimberly wandered the streets of Diagon Alley alone, spending the day shopping while her sister was at the library. Honestly, it was a bit strange to be here without her twin, since they were usually always together. They were fourteen now though, so she figured it was time for them to start splitting up every once in a while. As she walked along the street, looking in shop windows, the teen spotted a familiar face. In the Quidditch Shop, of course, was none other than Gideon Reid, one of her Quidditch idols! Other than Pru, he was the teammate she looked up to the most. He was alone, perhaps he was shopping for school or for parts for his broom? Regardless, she didn't think he would mind the company. Prancing into the shop, Kim waved excitedly at her older friend. "Hi Gideon! Oh my gosh, is that your dog? It's so cute! Can I pet it?" she exclaimed, hopping over to squat down near the dog. It was in a wheelchair, which was either ironically planned or bizarrely coincidental, seeing as the dog belonged to her crippled friend.

Sometimes I have dreams. I picture myself flying above the clouds, high in the sky.
                                                    Conquering the world with my magic piano, never being scared, but then I realize,
                                                    I'm supergirl and I'm here to save the world, and I wanna know who's gonna save me?
                                                    I'm supergirl and I'm here to save the world, and I wanna know why I feel so alone?

x x x x

OOC: . . .

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:50 pm
User ImageUser Image

Gid was still debating on the kits, though he'd changed his issue to if he just wanted to buy the few items he needed. He didn't need new tweezers or scissors or heck, the case itself. He reached out to compare waxes when he heard someone behind him. The teen turned to look, spotting his teammate there. "Hey Kim. How's it going?" He grinned at the younger brunette, then looked down at Scoots, who was slowly wagging her tail. He nodded first, then spoke up. "You sure can. Just don't pet her bum. She doesn't much like it. She's a lovable old girl, though. Her name's Scoots." He watched Kim crouch down beside Scoots, and the pup lovingly nuzzled against the girl. She did love being loved, after all! And on a nice walk too? What a better day! "What brings you here? Need stuff for Keeping? I mean, you've got a good shot at being main Keeper this year! That's ace!" He liked Kimberly, as she was always super peppy and excited, even if she'd never played in the games. It was nice to have her as support if nothing else. Honestly, he had hopes that she'd be their new Keeper, as she'd been trained by Pru, and that woman was like a wall when people tried to score against her. It was astounding, really.

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:20 am
User Image
User Image

Kim squeaked when Gideon gave her permission to pet his dog. Gleefully, she patted the small creature's head, petting her and scratching her ears. She seemed to like it, which was good. Kim always had a love for animals, especially dogs. "Scoots is such a cute name! She's so precious!" the brunette commented, standing up fully to face her friend. "Well, Kiley decided to spend the day at the library, I think she's researching some artifact or something, so I thought I'd hang out in Diagon. I saw you through the window and figured you wouldn't mind the company. I hope that's okay?" she added with a sheepish grin. Surely he wouldn't mind. If he did, she could just go to another store. It wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Gideon asked her about Quidditch, mentioning her high chance of making starting Keeper next term. Kim blushed, clearly nervous at the thought. "Y-Yeah, I guess I do have a good shot. Jameson might take it too, depends on how we do at tryouts. Pru trained me really well, though, and I'm going to try my best to make first string, if anything just to make her proud, you know?" For the past three years, she had been training and working towards finally making it to first string Keeper, but now that the chance was upon her, she was nervous. She was afraid of letting her team down, because she was no Pru Lowery. She was just Kim Umber, a rookie who hadn't played in any actual games yet. Kim hadn't told anyone her worries though, except for Kiley. She didn't want to ruin her confident proud lion image. "Maybe we can run some drills this summer. Practice makes perfect, but you don't really need to practice that much since you're already so good at the game. So I guess I need to practice, is what I'm saying," the teen added with a laugh.

Sometimes I have dreams. I picture myself flying above the clouds, high in the sky.
                                                    Conquering the world with my magic piano, never being scared, but then I realize,
                                                    I'm supergirl and I'm here to save the world, and I wanna know who's gonna save me?
                                                    I'm supergirl and I'm here to save the world, and I wanna know why I feel so alone?

x x x x

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:54 am
User ImageUser Image

Gid grinned at Kim's excited little squeak. She seemed super excited to pet Scoots, so he allowed his dog to be loved on. All the while, Scoots was cuddling and nuzzling in hopes to garner more pets. Silly dog, but Gid knew her loving antics well. Kim mentioned her sister deciding to spend the day at the library, and Gid mentally noted that that was probably Rhys' locale. He hadn't spent time with his friend over the summer yet, so perhaps he'd set a date to do just that. "Yea, I could always use a bit of company. Besides, you're super nice, so it can't be a bad day." He grinned, seeing that the girl looked a bit nervous. She didn't need to be worried, did she?

After asking about the upcoming Quidditch season, Kim looked even more nervous. He remembered his terror before his first game, but that was in his first season. She had years of practice under her belt. She mentioned Jameson making the spot as well, then added her practicing with Pru. "You've been working your butt off for this, Kim. Just... do the same at Tryouts. I'll make sure you get a chance to shine at tryouts." He grinned, remembering last year's tryout when he and Kim were faced against each other multiple times. "As for Pru... Make yourself proud. Don't worry about other people. If you are doing the best that you can do, you're already doing better than some people I've seen." He added a confident smile, hoping to boost her morale. She needed a boost, and he was hoping to help. He looked back at the bottle of broom wax, looking over when Kim asked about running drills. "Uh... maybe. I live in a muggle suburb. Not really anywhere to practice by me. If you know a place, I'd be game.... unless it's a super far drive. I don't want to make mum drive way away..." He laughed, cheeks a bit pink. He wanted his own driving license, but he wasn't quite old enough. Next year, though! Then again, he'd have to get a special kind of car... or keep hoping his mom liked driving him around.

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:16 am
User Image
User Image

Kim grinned at Gideon, her cheeks blushing a little. He seemed to have so much faith in her skills, but she had never played in a real game. Sure, she played against him and the other Gryffindor Chasers at tryouts, and they were pretty good. It wasn't a real game though. She knew the Ravenclaw Chasers were tough, and Slytherin's were fierce. "Thanks Gid, I really appreciate it. I'll make sure to give you a run for your money," she replied with a chuckle. Turning to look at the broom kits, the teen wondered if she should purchase one. She did have her very own broom to take care of now, so it made sense.

Glancing over at Gideon again, Kim tilted her head, thinking. "Hm, you have a good point. I imagine you don't live anywhere near Dover... I'll have to ask my mum. Maybe she knows somewhere close to you that we can use for practicing." Kim didn't want to inconvenience her friend or his mum. If they had to drive a long way, she would just live without the extra practice. Reaching into her pocket, she counted out the little bit of money she had brought with her. "I think I have enough to get one of these broom service kits. My Nimbus is looking a little rough," she said, picking up the kit with her free hand.

x x x x

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:27 am
User ImageUser Image

Gid was glad that Kim was grinning. He wanted her to feel confidant in her abilities. She was really good, but it was going to be a tricky year. New Captain, new Vice Captain... new Keeper. He didn't think any other positions were getting replaced, but you couldn't ever be sure. Kim said she appreciated the peptalk, so Gid grinned. "Not a problem at all, Kim. And be sure that you do." He chuckled, knowing Kim was a fierce competitor. Heck, it'd be just about as hard as passing a quaffle past Pru, and that was near impossible on its own.

After mentioning the difficulties with practice location, Kim agreed reluctantly, but said she'd ask her mum. "Yea, it's not fun to live far away. And I live in Wales, by the way. Llandeyrn to be specific. Probably... a 4 hour drive?" He shrugged, not really thinking his mum would want to drive that far in addition to having to drive him to London in a month. That was a lot of petrol... and he didn't have money to chip in. Nor did he know where they could play quidditch without getting in tons of trouble. The girl promptly started counting out change to get a broom care kit, then said she probably had enough. He grabbed the bottle of broom wax and one of polish, then looked at the girl. "If you're a few knuts short I can chip in. I was gonna get a new kit, but I only need these two, so it'd be silly to buy another kit. And you can always use mine too, since I got mine kinda for free." He grinned, remembering the shopkeep's kindness. Still a really cool dude! Gid looked at the younger Gryffindor and smiled, hoping she wouldn't object so she could get the kit.

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:33 pm
User Image
                                                This ain't a song for the broken-hearted
                                                No silent prayer for the faith-departed
                                                I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd
                                                You're gonna hear my voice
                                                When I shout it out loud

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Gґуffїпdоя Cнa₴єя || Capтaїп || ₴єvєитн Уёaя

════════════════════════

Joel wandered into the shop, his broom slung over one shoulder and his other hand in his pocket. He'd been getting some drag on it over the last year in games, and he wanted to get it looked over before the new season started. That, and he needed a new pair of gloves and broom servicing kit since he had run out of the polish and such in his old one. Not that he minded having to replace it, but he just didn't like that he had run out of any of it during the season. The seventh year stretched a bit as he looked over the people assembled and grinned. Oh hey, there was Kimberly and Gid. Actually, this was a perfect time to talk to Gid considering that he was going to have to catch the guy sometime soon anyway. He walked over to the two, giving a wave and grinning. "Hey Kimberly, Gid. Fancy seeing you two here. Checking out brooms or getting them serviced or something?"

He didn't think that Gid needed a new broom. Then again, he figured that any broom Gid would have would need to be customized for his problem. Which, he needed to actually assess who was going to try and be on the team anyway. He knew Gid didn't have any issues beyond being paralysed from the waist down, but that hadn't affected his performance, and neither did that cause any issues with his playing. He did have a feeling that he was going to get some people on the team hating his guts however when he made a few announcements though. Not that he didn't think that people with disabilities couldn't do sports. There was the Paralympics, for crying out loud! Just, he didn't think some people should be able to play if it seriously risked their health.

════════════════════════
                                                Location: Quality Quidditch Supplies
                                                Thinking: Hey, this might be easy for me to do.
                                                OOC:
                                                Scrum

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

This is for the ones who stood their ground
                                                For Tommy and Gina who never backed down
                                                Tomorrow's getting harder make no mistake
                                                Luck ain't even lucky
                                                Got to make your own breaks

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:39 pm
User Image
User Image

Kimberly looked up at Gideon and smiled. He was offering to help pay for her things? How generous and sweet! Her cheeks tinged pink a tad, but she quickly returned to normal to avoid suspicion from her elder Lion. "Thanks, Gid, but I think I have just enough here. I, uh, really appreciate the offer though! You're very kind!" she exclaimed. Kim knew her friend had a modified broom, but she didn't know that the shop owner had modified it for him. That was pretty nice of him, she thought. And he gave him a service kit for free, which was equally as nice. The door opened, the bell ringing throughout the shop, as another customer entered. It was Joel, their new Quidditch Captain. "Oh hi, Joel. I was doing some shopping and saw Gid was here, so I thought I'd give him some company. Plus, I needed a service kit for my Nimbus. I've gotta make sure my broom is in tip-top shape if I'm going to try for starting Keeper this year, ya know?" she said sheepishly. She didn't want to sound like she was expecting to be put on the starting team to her Captain, especially since it could easily go to Jameson instead of her.

x x x x

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:22 pm
User ImageUser Image

Gid grinned quietly, simply nodding as Kim said she wouldn't need help with the kit, but appreciating the offer. "Well, that's what friends are for, right?" He grabbed the slightly larger bottle of broom wax, then turned a bit when the bell over the door chimed. It was Joel! Imagine the odds! The boy looked over at a set of gloves on the rack beside them. When Joel indeed walked over to them, Gid looked up. "It is odd to see us all here together. Mine's not getting serviced. I figured out how to fix the mounts and all by myself. Well, Rhys helped. He's good at repairing stuff like that." He grew a little smile at the thought of his best friend. They'd have to hang out again soon. He paused when he realized he was suddenly rather silent. "Ah, I was here for broom wax. Debating on new gloves too. What brings you by? Excited for being Captain?" He grinned at the older male, wondering how prepared he was for the new year. He also had to vote for a new Vice Captain. Secretly, Gid thought it would be Jazzy, as she always had a mind for strategy. He also thought Kimberly or Aster would be a good choice, but he figured Joel would announce it at tryouts. It was sure exciting.

The Shiny Furret

Diamond Wales

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:13 pm
User Image
                                                This ain't a song for the broken-hearted
                                                No silent prayer for the faith-departed
                                                I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd
                                                You're gonna hear my voice
                                                When I shout it out loud

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Gґуffїпdоя Cнa₴єя || Capтaїп || ₴єvєитн Уёaя

════════════════════════

Joel nodded toward his two younger team-mates, glad that they seemed to be getting ready for the new season. He could honestly relate to getting a service kit, since that was what brought him into the shop anyway. He nodded toward his broom when he was asked about what he was doing. "Getting my broom serviced, hopefully. I ran out of some supplies for my kit and I have to pick myself up a new one since that really caused a lot of drag from not being able to service my broom, and no, I don't think the captain thing's sunk in yet. Mostly because I'm half-expecting Pru to look over my shoulder and give her own two cents about what I'm doing." Which that was entirely reasonable, he supposed. He had been her vice-captain for years, and the fact that now he wasn't was a bit mind-boggling. He looked over the gloves Gid was considering. "Actually, those too. Mine are nearly worn to death."

He then considered the best way to approach the topic of picking his vice captain without making it seem like that was all he was thinking about, which it honestly wasn't. He just knew that he had to ask the kid eventually before he ran out of time and had to scramble for a new one. "Hey Gid, dumb question. What do you think about being the vice-captain for the team? I mean, you're prety good out there, and you can probably spot things I'll miss. What'cha think?" Joel was hoping Gid said yes, since he didn't want to look at the others again to figure out who to choose. He was certain if push came to shove, he could always ask Jazzy, after all. Girl had a mean swing on her for sure and definitely knew the game as well.

════════════════════════
                                                Location: Quality Quidditch Supplies
                                                Thinking: Hey, this might be easy for me to do.
                                                OOC:
                                                Scrum

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

This is for the ones who stood their ground
                                                For Tommy and Gina who never backed down
                                                Tomorrow's getting harder make no mistake
                                                Luck ain't even lucky
                                                Got to make your own breaks

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:33 pm
User Image
User Image

Kimberly nodded at Gideon, smiling widely. She was glad to have so many good friends now. Most of the students in her grade were her friends, and she considered Gid to be one of her best friends. At the mention of new gloves, Kim turned towards the stack of them all and pondered buying some. She didn't think she had enough money with her that day to buy those and the service kit, though, so she would have to come back for them later.

As Gideon and Joel conversed about his new captaincy, Kimberly wondered if she would ever be given that honor. She doubted it at this point, seeing as she was a fourth year and hadn't even played a real game yet, but she could still dream. Dazing, Kim almost missed Joel asking Gideon what he thought about being the new Gryffindor Vice Captain. She gasped, grinning from ear to ear, practically bouncing right out of her shoes. "Gid would be a great Vice Captain! He's an awesome Chaser and everybody likes him and I would follow his lead for sure!... That's what I think, anyways," she said, trying to calm herself down. She looked to Gideon with starry eyes, hoping he would agree to their Captain's proposal.

x x x x

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:13 pm
User ImageUser Image

Gid laughed when Joel confessed he felt like Pru would show up out of nowhere to give her own say. Honestly, he wasn't sure if she would or not. "There's a very real chance she'll show up. It'll be exciting to get a fresh take on the captaincy, though!" He grinned, hoping to make Joel feel more confident... even if he'd had years of experience as a Vice Captain. When the older Chaser mentioned needing gloves as well. "I mostly need them because my fingers are getting too long to fit. Perks of being a teen, eh?" He smirked, looking at his hands a bit. He definitely needed to go up at least one size.

At the mention of a dumb question, Gid looked over at Joel, ignoring the gloves for now. He asked what the younger chaser thought about being Vice Captain. Wait... was he asking Gid to step forward and take an official title?! A huge grin was spreading on the Gryffindor's cheeks as Kim interjected, saying that he'd be great. Apparently he was a good chaser and everyone liked him. That brought a little blush to his cheeks. He doubted everyone liked him... "I'd love to be the Vice Captain, Joel. I think it'd be pretty ace. And... thanks for trusting me enough to ask. It's pretty cool." He smiled again, still in a bit of awe. Honestly, he figured Joel would pick Jazzy since she had an authoritative tone and pretty much everyone respected her. But... it was being given to him, meaning he clearly had some skills that would be of use as a Vice... and eventually Captain! It was so cool! "And thanks for the vote of confidence, Kimmie! It's nice to know you've got my back!" He pat the girl's shoulder, then nodded again at Joel, just in case.

The Shiny Furret

Diamond Wales

Diagon Alley