Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Legend of the Five Rings - Time for War Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:18 pm
Quote:
Earth Becomes Sky

Earth Mastery Level 2
Duration: Instantaneous
Area of Effect: 1 Boulder
Range: 50'

Casting this spell convinces the Earth kami to hoist up one of their brethren (in the form of a boulder) and fling it at a target no more than 50' from you. There is no attack roll, as the kami's aim is unerring and its smashing power is all but unstoppable. If the target has a carapace rating, the spell ignores it up to the value of your Earth Ring (e.g. if the target has Carapace 4 and your Earth Ring is 3, the target has Carapace 1 for the effect of resolving this spell). The projectile has a DR equal to your Earth Ring in rolled and kept dice.

Glad I listened to Rain and took this spell. I mean geez hit a TN 20 with the spell cast and that's it HIT. 4k4 damage.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:44 pm
Rain Yupa
BegrudginglyGood
I'll call dibs on this one: Describe a very famous samurai.

And finish it tonight! Otherwise I'll be more than my normal lateness to work.

And then there was 1!

This will be really quick, since I have to run. But it should give you an idea and I can refine it later.

Previously known as Usagi Tami, one of the fearless Hare bushi, but now known as Moto Tami after marrying into the Unicorn's Moto Family. She truly shows how graceful and agile the Hare fighting style is, effortlessly leaping great distances to find solid footing among difficult terrain, to attack, and to leap back again out of harms way. Even against other Hare bushi, Moto Tami is well known. Her flowing and effortless style is graceful and beautiful, but also very dangerous to those she is attacking.

During the latest battle with the Bloodspeakers, Tami was one of the Hare bushi that left their homelands and fought bravely against the rising threat. It was during this battle that she fell in love with Moto Miko, one of the Moto family's strong and dedicated bushi. She has made his home within Unicorn Lands her new home, having married into the family soon after the battle. They are yet to produce offspring, and both continue to battle for their Clans.

It was during a recent battle that she saved the life of a General's son, the main event that caused her to become famous outside of these two Clans. Even if she is considered to have just got lucky, and not to be truly that great by suspicious and jealous Clans.  

BegrudginglyGood

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:04 pm
I'm still recovering from being sick (I'm not ACTUALLY sick but I have a lingering cough that leaves me with a headache) so I'll add that to my list probably tomorrow.

But since that's the last NPC, I will need more background information from all of you now.

The year is 1171. The Crab Clan has been under siege for weeks now by the largest army of Shadowlands monstrosities that has ever been recorded. Tales tell that these beasts are throwing themselves against the Kaiu Wall in an unprecedented frenzy, more coming on a daily basis. The Crab have suffered significant casualties, and have requested assistance from the other Clans - namely the Unicorn and Lion, but anyone who is willing to lend aid.

Matsu Harumoro, Moto Rais, Utaku Ayano

Your clans are known as two of the most militarily powerful, and the call for aid comes as somewhat of a shock - the Crab have never asked for assistance holding the wall before. Regardless, your daimyo have chosen to send you, as well as others of your Clan, to aid the warriors of the south. Describe why you were chosen, and how this news and event has impacted you.

Kuni Tsuneo

You were not serving on the Kaiu Wall when the reports of attacks first started coming in. Things have apparently gotten very bleak, and it took until just now for you to be recalled. What were you doing up until this point? What are your feelings about the dilemma of your brothers and sisters?

Bayushi Juri

Your husband has heard of what has been happening to the south, and has appealed to your daimyo to return and serve on the Wall during his former Clan's time of need. What is your feelings about this? Do you go at his side? Does your daimyo send you in his stead? Describe how this has impacted the two of you.

Mirumoto Genjo

A Dragon, of all people? The Dragon have always had mysterious motivations, unpredictable by all. Why does this Clan, so far removed from the Kaiu Wall, send you and other samurai to help hold it? Isn't the Lion and Unicorn enough?

Tsuruchi Hana, Asako Ginjou

The Mantis have been allies with the Crab, and word has even gotten to the Islands of Spice & Silk about what has been happening at the Kaiu Wall. Though, the Mantis were recently engaged in war against the Phoenix, you are being asked to sail to battle once again. Meanwhile, the Phoenix have suffered from the War of Fire and Snow against the Dragon, followed by the War of Fire and Thunder against the Mantis. Now, your beleaguered Clan is being called upon to lend magical support to help the Crab, of all clans.

Both Clans have suffered a lot in recent years. Yet, you were among those chosen to help the Crab. How does this impact you? Why were you picked? How does this make you feel?

Shou

Hey, wave man! That's a nice blade you got there. You know how to use it?

Ronin being recruited in major battles is not uncommon. How is Shou roped into this mess? Was he paid? Threatened? Drafted? Promised something?  
Paidi tou Selini rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:09 pm
Age roll, go!  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:24 pm
Matsu Harumoro

When the call for aid went out, the Lion sent many. Harumoro was but merely one. For his Daimyo's purpose, sending him filled many goals. By sending Harumoro, she could refrain from sending one of her few other shugenja, keep one of her better officers at home, and get rid of the source of any Scorpion taint that Harumoro had brought into her court.

As for Harumoro's own part, he thinks that it's better he is sent instead of Chiaki. Besides, he may have a chance to finish things with his rival if the Phoenix send him as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:50 pm
The Scorpions are generally not made for war. We are information gatherers, and at that, we are secret keepers... we are supposed to keep the Clans focused on a common enemy, but separate enough to keep them from attacking the emperor. Personally hateful of her husband, Juri made a counter point in secret to the daimyo. She implicated that forcing her to stay, and letting her husband get his sorry rear killled would be counter productive to the marriage they made in the first place. However, her counter-point also sent her a little bit of a backlash as well. She was chosen in her husbands stead to go and assist the Crab clan. Although frustrated with her words "backfiring" on her, it might be possible to find her lover there for a short time, and at that, she might be able to deal a blow to the shadow and the strange unity that is rising to deal with this crisis. Once it's over, Scorpion will have ensured the continuing conflicts between clans.  

DeathAdams

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:16 am
Utaku Ayamo

Describe why you were chosen.

When the call for aid went out, Ayamo had just finished training many of the youngest Battle Maidens. They were the future of her family, and developing their skills was of high importance. It had been a week long ride, living off the land, and getting spiritually in tune with their steeds. The Utaku horses as well were in training, just as much as their riders, and the endurance ride had tested the control and trust the pairs had.

Upon return, her daiymo had called for several of the battle tested and trusted shitome to meet with her. The fact that the Crab were asking for aid showed the importance and danger to all of the Clan lands. Although suspicious, the Unicorn Clan would not be the ones to turn down a request for help. They were warriors, a fine cavalry that wouldn't be cowards, and stay at home whilst others went off to war.

How this news and event has impacted you.

The news shocked Ayamo greatly, however since hearing the words of her Daiymo, she feels greatly honored to have been chosen to fight in the name of her Clan against the Shadowlands. Although not the highest in rank, her skills and honourable actions have spoken of great strength of character. The Daiymo personally see's a lot of herself in young Ayamo.

Ayamo has promised to act honoroably and be a leading example to her students, and to show the other Clans and the Shadowland that the Unicorn Clan is not to be trifled with.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:22 am
Kuni Tsuneo

Tsuneo wasn't doing anything (in truth he was meditating and drinking heavily with an old Hida at Meidichi) when he heard the rumours of a great battle going on for days at the Kaiu wall. So he set out for the wall from Meidichi and met the messenger whom had been sent out for him half way there. Despite the dilemma that is going on Tsuneo is feeling a mixture of anger at how bold the shadowlands are being and a bit glad that he could do something to help during his clans time of need.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:53 am
Shou

Shou had been visiting around the area when he was approached by an official-looking man who appeared to be wearing a Crab mon. The man went on a long spiel about how important and great the Kaiu Wall was, which Shou was unfortunate in the fact that he had no way to excuse himself, before asserting that every blade should be used to defend such an important structure in the Empire. The Crab were looking for anyone willing to protect the innocent from the Taint.

Shou refused, saying that the Crab would never go around asking for help and that something must be up.

The man, after a long pause, gave in and explained the situation in more detail. He told of the horrors that would await anyone venturing near the Wall these days. He told of the look in the eyes of those monsters as they continued to tear at the Wall. When he saw that Shou was still reluctant, or what he thought was reluctance, he offered to pay Shou handsomely for his services.

The former Sparrow shook his head and politely refused the coin. He didn't need to be bribed to do what was right.

He put a hand on his katana and asked,

"Where do I sign up?"  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:19 am
Ginjou has always been generally free-willed in his exploits and choices. However, he is also hungry for new experiences. Perhaps knowing this, his master sent him to assist the holding of the wall. Ginjou was both honored and intimidated by the order. New experiences within the realm of the empire were one thing, but did creatures of the shadowlands have any concept of honor or dignity? He was apprehensive about finding out how he would fare in a battle without these tenets. However, the battlefield is also a place where new acquaintances can be made. He greatly looked forward to the varying cultures and outlooks he would experience when called to serve among the other clans. Perhaps he could learn a few things along the way and gain another step toward his own notion of enlightenment.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:19 am
Psychofish

Paidi tou Selini

These are the only two people I'm waiting for updated backgrounds from, or confirmation that they've done so at least.

I've been sick this past week, with the last couple days including a pounding headache. I'd consider myself about 97% better as of right now. I'm not around Monday, but Tuesday I plan to start this.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:48 am
I'm going to keep track of my character sheet and info here from now on so I don't have to go page hunting within this thread.

Also, a question: Ginjou has Luck x2 Advantage, so I can reroll whatever I want twice a session. What's a session in this format?  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:08 am
A session is a thread.

When I create the subforum, things will be easier to keep track of.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:11 am
Also, we will likely be having a 9th player as well. One of the players in my Monday Night game wants in on this when I described to him this setting (despite the fact that most of my group prefer to ignore everything that happens in the metaplot after Iweko I becomes empress, for some reason*).

He sounds like he will be making a Mirumoto. He's not on Gaia yet, so his account will be newish when he signs up.

*I know the reason, but I think I'm just the most tolerant of the metaplot of the group.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:49 am
Turned some assignments in, and I'm getting a better handle of doing things in a timely fashion for/with Tabi, and the situation with the orphaned kittens is getting figured out, so there's a little less chaos now.

I had one exam today, and have an online one to prepare for and take sometime between now and tomorrow night. I have exams Thursday as well, but given my comfort with the subjects, I shouldn't need quite as much preperation.

Hoping to finish Rais' background and intro blurb today or by tomorrow evening. And then I guess I can try to finish his equipment during my break on Thursday if I can't get it done before then. I had been considering other mechanical tweaks, but other than adjusting True Love for a different disadvantage (that I'm trying to determine the exact nature of, some kind of compulsion or driven or combination) reflecting the new insight on the character his one ancestor gave in light of his persona that far.

Something regarding the fact that he's determined to stack up lots of glory, both to vindicate his ancestor's (extremely) unorthodox method of Iaijutsu, and to impress the ladies. Especially the ones who know how to fight.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff