Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Evil of Ravenholm - Chapter 1: The Dark City Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:16 am
"You would be" Hars confirms. "Very well, who am I to turn down the treat of a gentleman?" Hars says producing her own dagger. She makes it clear that any cuts to her skin will be returned in kind, she'd rather just share the use of the elf, but doesn't feel inclined to return steel outside of full combat. However the elfwoman might surprise.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:35 pm
Pelloth sighed at the sight of the weapons, "I would rather this not consisted solely of pleasure and not of pain." then looking to the battered elf, "My apologies if that is what you were expecting. As much as I enjoy carnage, i had my fill of it in Paolun. Fear not for although i am gifted at dealing sorrow, so too am I good at granting ecstasy."  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:14 pm
Hars sheathes her dagger "That's all I'm looking for tonight, I've already slain well today." She waltzes forth and puts her arms around both Pelloth and the elf. "Come you two, lets have our fun." As she speaks the exaggerated wounds fade from her face.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:31 pm
Pelloth smiled as he dropped the remaining coins in his hand onto the bar before sliding Hars to his side and wraping his arm around the other elven maiden saying, "I paid after all," then heading to the stairs he said, "I must warn you though. An expression I have heard often on this surface world is 'Once you go black, you never go back.'"

((sorry, I had to XD))  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:49 am
((end scene! Fun+sleeps=moving on!))  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:49 am
Phew! And what a night it was! Pelloth and Hars wake side by side on a straw mattress, the elven prostitute nowhere to be seen. Sooner or later, all five of you are sitting downstairs in the Bloodstone Tavern, being served breakfast by Murder; who is burning the candle at both ends apparently.

After breakfast, you wait in the Tavern for a few hours, (uneventful unless you post otherwise) and then you head out to The Gate to meet Daelos. After heading through the streets of The Dark City, being careful to watch out for pickpockets and cut-throats, you greet the Bloodstone Stalker. He is on the inside of The Gate and is wearing his hooded cloak, which is shielding him from the patter of rain. "Greetings, are you ready to go to the ruins? The Ashen Mountains can be...trecherous." You're not sure you like the way he phrased that last part, but he then turned and sharply said, "Let us go."

Almost as soon as you are out of the Gate, you see a sight you wish you didn't see. Gathered about forty foot away from you are about a dozen humans and demi-humans. At their head, is Dregthuk, wearing a dark grin as the rain falls on his head and drips down his face. "Where do you cunts think you're going then?" He gazes round at all of you and looks at Daelos quizically. The Bloodstone Stalker then says to you all, "Do you have some sort of beef with this imbecile? Because if so, hurry up and deal with it so we can go." Daelos then walks to the side and leans against the wall of the city. Dregthuk laughs deeply, "Typical elf, always staying out of conflicts they can't handle." He then brings his gaze back to you five, "Prepare yourselves!" He then draws his sword and commands his men to do the same.

Roll Initiative!

((I know I said I would do this, but since I probably won't be back on for a couple of days, you may as well do it razz roll it in the DRThread and then you can post it here along with you inevitable battle cries. I apologise that I have no map or initiatives yet, but I am at uni and must be going soon and do not have my stuff ^^ Do your initiatives and I will add Dregthuk and cronies and a map ASAP))  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:34 am
"Sheesh, first he won't let us in the town, and now he won't let us leave. I think he's got a crush on you Hars." Pelloth said as he took out his rod, then finished saying, "Oh, and I resent that elf comment, and I find it ironic you say it as you bring a dozen men to kill five."

((Init 16))  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:44 am
Gerash just sighed at the hobgoblin's bluster. They should have killed him the first time. He'd be sure to remedy the mistake now. He once again scooped his pitch-black orb from the magic bag at his hip and cradled it as he considered how best to start killing the lot standing before them.

((15 init))  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:39 pm
((Init 18 )) "Don't be so jealous, Pelloth. He just wants a chance to screw himself. Its not an uncommon fantasy among narcissists." Hars had still been wearing his elfmaid face, but he drops back into his changeling male. Apparently talking to women was a distraction for Dregthuk, and Hars would rather minimize the a*****e's prattle during combat. Any killing blows might be preferably delivered by a lady's hand, Hars would keep his face loose for now.

"Poor guy didn't bring enough, I'd say. Too bad for him."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:07 pm
At Pelloth's statement, Cain once more fell to the floor in hysterics.

"He can't fight without a group of henchmen behind him! He's like a sissy girl!" The Kenku screamed as he rolled around on the floor.  

joe-dude667

iDragow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:20 am
Slowly, Grashuk unsheathed his blade. The broadsword seemed to glow with an inner source of light. "Just remember, Dregthuk, when you're impaled on the tip of my sword: It is not we who are going to kill you this day, but your ego. It has finally found you a battle that you are not going to be able to intimidate your way out of, or cower away from."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:33 am
--1--2--3--4-5-6--7--8-9--10-11-12-13
A 0--0----Ge------P-----0--0--0--0---0-----
B 0--0----H----C---------0--0--0-0---0----- 0 = The City Walls/Inaccessable.
C 0--0-------Gr----------0--0--0--0---0----
D---------------------------------------------
E---------------------------------------------
F----------------------------------------------
G---------------------------------------------
H----R----K--D------------------------------ 2,4,5
I----------------S--R----------------------- 6,7
J--R-R----R-----R-R----------------------- 1,2,4,6,7
K-------R-----R-------R---------------------- 3,5,8
L----------------------------------------------
M----------------------------------------------

Initiative Order
1. Hars [18]
2. Grashuk [18]
3. Pelloth (16)
4. Skar
5. Gerash(15)
6. Dregthuk
7. Cain (13)
8. Random Thugs
9. Karz the Impaler

Dregthuk lets out a battle cry and lifts his sword in the air.

Let the battle...begin!

Map Key:
H = Hars
P = Pelloth
C = Cain
Ge = Gerash
Gr = Grashuk
K = Karz the Impaler (A gnoll with duel katar)
D = Dregthuk
S = Skar (Dregthuks right hand...gnoll)
R = Random Thugs (Made up of humans, hobgoblins, bugbears, tieflings and elves)

The little lines ( - ) DO NOT represent one space each, they just hold out the space. Just look at the A1 or D5 markings for the imaginary squares. For convenience, next to the lines witht the enemies on, i've written which numbered squares that are occupied. Don't hesitate to ask me for clarification.  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:17 pm
((I applaud you for your effort, sir))

"Gerash, thin out this rabble, won't you? Grashuk, let's take it to the man."

Hars rushes forward to the nearest space adjacent Karz and Dregthuk. In a fluid motion he draws out both shortblades and lashes them at both gnoll and hobgoblin.
((Dual Strike, @ 21 vs Karz, 4 damage, @ 15 vs Dregthuk, 9 damage, hit or miss both are marked))  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:16 am
"I thought it was MY job to come up with the tactics...," Grashuk said with a slight grin. He decided to follow it anyway, since it was sound advice.

Charging across the battlefield, the Warlord came face to face with the Hobgoblin who had been giving them so much trouble. "You should have listened to me more," Grashuk said, swiping his blade at Dregthuk's left leg, forcing him to come even closer to Hars.

However, as he lashed out, his foot slid in a cow pattie, and the Bugbear lost his ground. He fell face-first into the grass, not only thoroughly embarassing himself, but also giving his opponents a much easier target to hit.

Quote:
Move Action: 4 spaces South to end at G5.
Standard Action: Viper's Strike on Dregthuk.
Attack: 1d20(1)+11=FUMBLE! Grashuk falls prone!
Effect: If the target shifts before the end of my next turn, he provokes an opportunity attack from an ally of my choice (Hars).

iDragow

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:09 am
--1--2--3--4-5-6--7--8-9--10-11-12-13
A 0--0----Ge------P-----0--0--0--0---0-----
B 0--0---------C---------0--0--0-0---0----- 0 = The City Walls/Inaccessable.
C 0--0-------------------0--0--0--0---0----
D---------------------------------------------
E---------------------------------------------
F----------------------------------------------
G---------H--Gr--------------------------------
H----R----K--D------------------------------ 2,4,5
I----------------S--R----------------------- 6,7
J--R-R----R-----R-R----------------------- 1,2,4,6,7
K-------R-----R-------R---------------------- 3,5,8
L----------------------------------------------
M----------------------------------------------

Initiative Order
1. Hars:
2. Grashuk: prone
3. Pelloth: Initiative
4. Skar:
5. Gerash:
6. Dregthuk: marked by Hars
7. Cain:
8. Random Thugs:
9. Karz the Impaler: 4 damage, marked by Hars

Hars' blade clatters harmlessly into Dregthuk's shield, the hobgoblin narrows his eyes and grins evily at the doppelganger. But Hars has more luck with the rabid looking Karz. The short sword cuts a small wound in the gnolls flesh.

Meanwhile, Grashuk falls foul of a pile of droppings left behind by one of Ravenholms few cows; what bad luck!  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff