Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Fool's Grove [4e] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 36 37 38 39 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:12 am
Rain Yupa
((If I had a dollar for every surge I didn't use, I'd have a bajillion dollars! Or seven. I forget which.))
((well that one i figured out on my own, since you didn't even get hit. he, on the other hand, had 22 damage.))  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:24 am
"GENTLEMEN! I need to ask you lot a question, before you guys run off and pull aggro. Right before the fight ended, I heard this... voice in my head, as if telepathically. I think it was one of those golden armadillo things. Maybe the rest of the creatures can do the same? If we play our cards right, they might be able, and more importantly, willing to show us a way out of here. I'm sure they'd much appreciate that, then you guys increasing your ration counts by a few days." Brother Mercutio would shrug, hoping for some sort of reasonable response to his idea but not banking on it.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:33 am
Anyone who made their arcana check and wants to ruin the invoker's day will know that is not the case for the al-mi'rajes and kow, at least.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:45 am
"Gaw! Tokhel Hen taash or or shagalaar!" the Parrot said in Goblin, still perched on the Warforged's shoulder.

Sora approches the log over the river, "Quite you! I'm not sure what this Aggro is or why you think we would want to pull on it..." he stats to mumble to himself for a moment, "Sounds rather perverse to me..." Then turned to the rest of the party and addressed them normally, "At any rate, we might be able to avoid a confrontation with the smaller creatures if we do not aggravate them, the large Orange beast however is likely to attack us if we approach. And Unfortunately it would appear these Magical Barriers are designed to keep people inside. So for the time being it seems we are trapped in here."  

SkyCore

Oshi the Killer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:44 am
"Fawks thinks the building over there might have clues and plus the cow has XP written all over it." Fawks chuckles.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:47 am
((If this were any other game, i'd be yelling at you guys about roleplaying, but i'm quite amused that in the fool's grove, the fourth wall is optional.))  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:46 am
((Already noted Vanguard spending one healing surge during the song, which should put him at 41/42HP and 12/13 healing surges remaining.))

"The squirrels and changers attacked unprovoked," Vanguard responded uncertainly to the holy man, rising and coming to look at the creatures across the way as well. He, despite his knowledge of the nice furry things in the forests, did not recognize these. They looked like some things he knew, but very different too.

"I would like to try to find more friends before more enemies. But I am not as hopeful that they will be open to the idea anymore."

He shook his head to add to the negative, lacking any recognizable expression or inflection to his voice to do so. Portraying emotion was very tricky, especially since his face did not move like fleshy humanoid faces, and he spent so much time not in civilizations. The forests were calmer and less prejudiced. But that did make it tricky coming back to try to talk to people again.

So, Vanguard unslung his spear again and held it relaxedly by his side, looking across at the large orange creature they were discussing.

"If only it should attack us, then we should attack only it, I think. Then we can look for a way out on that side of the bridge as well."

Vanguard moved to take point, but did not step onto the bridge yet, looking to his other more armored companions for agreement on the idea. He was used to taking orders when fighting in groups. But he though he was learning to discuss very well.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:18 pm
Sora joined Vangaurd at the log and waited for the others to join.

((do we have a marching order planned out?))  

SkyCore

Rain Yupa rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:47 pm
((Arcana +2, to see if I have any sort of inkling about these creatures. Well, I'll be... ))

"You gentleman can take the lead. Though, if you do not wish to provoke them, I wouldn't cross that log armed to the teeth. Don't say I didn't warn you!"

Brother Mercutio falls prone to sit on his keister a little off the path, and watches.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:14 pm
Anticlimactic, unfortunately, but entirely reasonably, Vanguard paused and looked at Brother Mercutio in a way that suggested he might have blinked if he had possessed eye-lids.

"No?" He sounded, very faintly, confused. "What do you think we should do?"  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:23 pm
Lifting a hand skyward dramatically, he would speak loudly, and proudly "Why, my dear Warforged, there can be no chance at peace unless an attempt is made! If you go into every situation with the apparent intent to kill, how can you expect other beings to not react in kind?"  
Rain Yupa rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:26 pm
((I'm... not entirely sure if I should back that up with a dice roll. But I'll do it just in case.

Either +6 for Diplomacy, or +1 for Bluff, depending if you guys think I'm trying to strive for peace, or just yanking your chains. I'll let you interpret Bro Merc whichever way you want.

Diplomacy 14 OR Bluff 9. neutral Not the most convincing argument you guys ever heard...))  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:42 pm
((Passive Insight 11, I'd probably toss on a penalty because you fought with him so in Vanguard's head you're clearly his companion now, in his unit and all...

...I guess he'd believe you either way. >____>))

Finding this quite reasonable, Vanguard did exactly what everyone else was probably trying so hard to avoid, and put his spear away on his back, relaxing visibly, and stepped across the log all by himself, taking the first stop off of it and pausing with empty arms held out in a peace gesture, in order to address the small rabbit like creatures with his very best attempt at making his face resemble a smile.

"Hello rabbit creatures,"

He greeted in mono-tone tinged with a slight hint of cheer.

"My name is Vanguard. I do not want to fight. My friends are looking for the way out. Do you know it?"

Poor Vanguard didn't seem to realize the odds of this ending poorly.

[Probably doesn't matter, but Nature is +6 and Diplomacy +0. I forget if I can use nature on animals for this in 4e.]
[Nature=22, Diplomacy=16]
[Stop 1N of log]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:30 pm
you're gonna need a DC10 acrobatics check to cross the log with bark worn off over a flowing stream first. if you fail you land in the stream and it's athletics at the same Dc to haul your a** out.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Psychofish rolled 2 20-sided dice: 3, 6 Total: 9 (2-40)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:22 pm
((Alright, rolling twice, disregard the Athletics check if the Acrobatics check succeeds. Assuming I'm not allowed to take 10 on this; if I am, I'll do that for the acrobatics instead.))

Vanguard climbed to the other side, possibly a bit wetter for the journey, but entirely unbothered by his display of clumsiness or the dampening, and proceed to try and make friends all the same. Assuming no OTHER negative consequences, should he take the dunk, that is.

[Acrobatics: 1d20+1=3, Failure.]
[Athletics: 1d20+9=15, Success.]

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 36 37 38 39 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games