Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Q & A Thread: Questions Answered Here Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:16 pm
John Egbert Thor
Okay so I am a level one cleric. Me and my party just defeated our first boss and someone tossed me a interesting idea. We want to bring the boss back to life and use her as kind zombie person epic thing. We are in the cave with her and a bunch of her dead servants. I have a bag of holding I cant put her in for temp storage. We have a wizard, a cleric (me), a fighter, a rouge, and a ranger. Any ideas? My friend suggested a scroll of revival but this might leave her with free will. Any ideas from anyone? Need ideas before the game tomorrow at 2.

... reading everything above, it seems like you are going through a LOT of effort for something that is effectively a temporary meatshield. Why do you want to zombify your enemy so badly? I don't think it's worth selling magical gear for.

You get better spells as you become a more powerful cleric. It's part of the growing process to advance through the crappy spells towards the awesome ones.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:22 pm
purest_heart
WhimsicalXellos
John Egbert Thor

Indeed. And I don't know of a way off the top of my head to make an undead out of a body that would let it keep its abilities and not keep its free will at the same time. Likely the required spell would be pretty high level.
Curse of Vampuracy. Its an 8th level spell I think and turns the recently dead(as in yet to be buried and no form of decay yet) or dieing person into a vampire. A high level evil/negative energy neutral cleric would then be able to control them with their control undead power. The upside is that through them you could control an entire clan of vampires much like a vampire elder does. Downside? Intellegent undead are generally pretty resentful to such forms of control and break free at the first chance given and turn on their former master.

Also vampires don't lose any of their class or racial abilites and are generally the hardest to kill undead creature in any tabletop system I've seen.

I love you.  

Luigi Egbert

Neophyte Tycoon

9,325 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:26 pm
I agree with Rain on this one. If you want to control some undead play an evil cleric and hope to run into some skeletons and other weak undead creatures. Zombies are generally a waste of time, money, and if your playing 3.5, valuable HD control limit. Any PC or NPC can only control up to twice their HD in monsters, meaning you can only control 2 1HD monsters or 1 2HD monster. All zombies have at least 2 HD and gain no feats from them or any kind of skills from having more. Basically they are sacks of HP for the enemy to beat through.

Don't get me wrong, a nice meatsheild is really useful, but the party fighter should have that covered.

John Egbert Thor

I love you.

Your welcome but be forwarned. Your not likely to be ABLE to control ANY vampire, let alone if the baddy could even be one. Under standard 3.5 rules heres how control of undead works:

There is the HD rule I mentioned above but there is also Turn Resistance(which vampires have) along with a nifty little rule for te creation of vampires.

ALL vampires have at least 4 HD with a turn resistance of 6. If the person you are turning doesn't have 4 HD they become a creature known as Vampire Spawn and automatically have 4 HD. Vampire spawn are near mindless and lose all abilites from their past life, like other undead.

Turn resistance 6 means that the vampire gets a +6 bonus to resist control of the Control undead class feature. This is considerable because it is added onto the vampires already considerabley high willpower which was augmented by becoming a vampire in the first place.

Controling a vampire you did not create yourself by vertue of being a vampire is VERY difficult and usually leads to TPD(total party death).  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:32 pm
purest_heart
WhimsicalXellos
John Egbert Thor

Indeed. And I don't know of a way off the top of my head to make an undead out of a body that would let it keep its abilities and not keep its free will at the same time. Likely the required spell would be pretty high level.
Curse of Vampuracy. Its an 8th level spell I think and turns the recently dead(as in yet to be buried and no form of decay yet) or dieing person into a vampire. A high level evil/negative energy neutral cleric would then be able to control them with their control undead power. The upside is that through them you could control an entire clan of vampires much like a vampire elder does. Downside? Intellegent undead are generally pretty resentful to such forms of control and break free at the first chance given and turn on their former master.

Also vampires don't lose any of their class or racial abilites and are generally the hardest to kill undead creature in any tabletop system I've seen.

Can you link me to the spell? I cant find it using google. And I just want to keep the boss lady. She is a parody of one of my favorite characters.  

Luigi Egbert

Neophyte Tycoon

9,325 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:40 pm
John Egbert Thor
purest_heart
WhimsicalXellos
John Egbert Thor

Can you link me to the spell? I cant find it using google. And I just want to keep the boss lady. She is a parody of one of my favorite characters.
The spell is not OGL and is found in either the Book of Evil Darkness or Libris Mortis 3.5 books.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:13 pm
purest_heart
John Egbert Thor
purest_heart
WhimsicalXellos
John Egbert Thor

The spell is not OGL and is found in either the Book of Evil Darkness or Libris Mortis 3.5 books.

Do you mean Book of Vile Darkness? I couldnt find Evil Darkness.  

Luigi Egbert

Neophyte Tycoon

9,325 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:34 pm
John Egbert Thor
purest_heart
John Egbert Thor
purest_heart
WhimsicalXellos
John Egbert Thor

Do you mean Book of Vile Darkness? I couldnt find Evil Darkness.
Yesh sorry mind typo.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:43 pm
I am in a 3.5 game. We are researching ways to gain immortality. Any suggestions? Like artifacts or something? My DM would appreciate it since we are all kinda scouring and looking for ways.

Also thanks for the help earlier.  

Luigi Egbert

Neophyte Tycoon

9,325 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200

Mamoru Shigehito

Tricky Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:23 pm
John Egbert Thor
I am in a 3.5 game. We are researching ways to gain immortality. Any suggestions? Like artifacts or something? My DM would appreciate it since we are all kinda scouring and looking for ways.

You could try Dread Necromancer, although it would require 19 lvls for a simple phylactery. This helps turn into a lich, which stays alive as long as the phylactery is still unbroken.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:39 pm
Fire fox The Overlord
John Egbert Thor

You could try Dread Necromancer, although it would require 19 lvls for a simple phylactery. This helps turn into a lich, which stays alive as long as the phylactery is still unbroken.

We have already discovered a lot of ways. The one you mentioned being one. After doing some research being a lich is a bit of a downside, being undead and all. Turning into a Elan or a Ent was a better choice for me.  

Luigi Egbert

Neophyte Tycoon

9,325 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200

Mamoru Shigehito

Tricky Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:01 pm
John Egbert Thor
Fire fox The Overlord
John Egbert Thor

We have already discovered a lot of ways. The one you mentioned being one. After doing some research being a lich is a bit of a downside, being undead and all. Turning into a Elan or a Ent was a better choice for me.

However don't forget about the Maurt that will come after people that try to avoid death. A large lawful construct given the task to chase after those that abuse ways to avoid death.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:55 pm
John Egbert Thor
Fire fox The Overlord
John Egbert Thor

Warforged, works as well. Same with, Deathless.  

Xun Ira

KounetsuDeb

Wrathful Reveler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:40 am
This isn't so much a game question, as a guild question but I'll ask it anyways.

On the guild home page, there is a list of active games and then it says when it was last updated. According to when it was last updated, it is some time back in 2011. I could've sworn I saw some games on this list that are much, much newer than that, based on thread creations. Perhaps I'm losing my mind.

My question to you guys: is the front page currently up-to-date?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:59 am
Popcorn Faerie
This isn't so much a game question, as a guild question but I'll ask it anyways.

On the guild home page, there is a list of active games and then it says when it was last updated. According to when it was last updated, it is some time back in 2011. I could've sworn I saw some games on this list that are much, much newer than that, based on thread creations. Perhaps I'm losing my mind.

My question to you guys: is the front page currently up-to-date?
No, it isn't up to date. And to be honest, I don't exactly know who would update it.  

Xun Ira

KounetsuDeb

Wrathful Reveler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:15 pm
Xun Ira

That's easy. As far as active members, just Rain.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff