Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:01 pm
One drawing of lots later...

When Kaichiyo's partner of Daigotsu Shoichi would be called, he would smile at her, doing so until she realized it was so. Then, without saying a word, he would give her her space and sets off, presumably to prepare.

Gendo, around the time you can maneuver behind Shoichi, he actually starts walking away. You're not even sure he saw you. Are you... er... are you going to shadow him?

Around this time though, pretty much all of you see the Usagi woman (still in her inappropriately short thigh-cut style dress) looking around, stretching her neck up to peer into the lot of gathered samurai. "Excuse me, are you Shi?" she would ask someone. One head shake later, she would move on.
"Shi?"
"Do you know a 'Shi'?"
"Excuse me, I'm trying to find my partner..."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:33 pm
Gendo would move instead towards the Hare girl. "Shi is a monk that came with us. He is..." He would just look around from his height advantage before pointing out the monk. "There. I would like a word with you later, though."

He would then begin looking for his partner.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:15 pm
@ Gendo: The Hare would immediately back up a few paces as you approached, Gendo, blanching slightly, then even moreso when you mentioned who Shi was.

"I... I... I-I-I..." she stuttered, tears welling up in her eyes.

She turned and ran out of the room, bumping into a spider man with a very messy topknot and hair too long to support it well, and a length of chain fell from his sleeve, still connected to... whatever... but the weighted end would hit the floor with a thud.

He would look around and discretely wind it back into his kimono and keep walking like nothing happened.

But yeah, the Usagi would vacate quickly. Shi, you spot her at the last second.

@ Naohiko:

Around this point, a Mantis woman finally finds you, and approaches you. She seems pleasant enough at a glance, and isn't, like, glowering at you or anything. Her make-up is fairly well done, and her hair is tied back with an elegant band that makes her locks descend down her back like a waterfall. She would have a scroll satchel at her side. "Hiiimura... Naohiko?" She would guess, and upon confirmation, would bow in greeting. "I'm Moshi Ruri, and it appears that you and I will be partners. We have a lot to talk about!" She seems more excited for this event than you are.

@ Gendo:

Soon after, you're able to find your partner, or at least, one of them? You do come across a pair of girls, identical twins, who seem equally distressed. They are petite things, for sure, and give off a mixed message of being raised well off, and coming from homely roots. They have matched brown hair, loose and unbound, down to their waists, and seem overdressed - an odd thing to say, since they are less dressed than the Crane courtiers. They just don't wear it well.

Agasha Mai is standing with them - you personally saw her only briefly, speaking with Kaichiyo yesterday before the Mantises happened. "See, look, here he comes. I told you not to worry; chin up!" Mai would wave Gendo to approach. "I'm guessing by the mon that you are part of Kaichiyo's coterie. Gendo? If so, yes, this is who you're looking for. I'm Agasha Mai, by the way." She would bow.

"Ah~! I'm sorry, I've never heard of the Himura family before, I did not know what to do. It is an honor to make your acquaintance."
"Ah~! I'm sorry, I've never heard of the Himura family before, I did not know what to do. It is an honor to make your acquaintance."
The twin women would speak and bow in unison before you.

"That's Kiyo, I'm her sister Kayoko. She'll be your partner today, if that's all right."
"I'm Kiyo, that's my sister Kayoko. I'll be your partner today, if that's all right."

They seem to be trembling, somewhat. (nm, you have bad vision!)

@ Shi:

After a minute or so, a Crane would walk up to you - Kaichiyo, you're standing right there too so you overhear this.

"Are you, Shi? No, I suppose you must be," the man would say, after a momentary examination, with a deep voice, fitting his larger physique (not tall, per se, but just "big"). He is lightly armored, and bears the mon of the Daidoji, and has a brustly mustache. "Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but, ah, your partner is in the other room, requesting to withdraw from the competition. It would kind of screw you over, so, ah, we figure we should hear from you on this matter. The girl seems pretty shaken up, though." He then mouthed silently, 'I think it's the scar', and gesture with his thumb across the underside his own chin.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:17 pm
Kaichiyo's eyes went wide in disbelief as she heard the names called out. She shook it off long enough to give Shoichi a bemused shrug and nod to his overly clear "I told you so", but as soon as he walked away she cast her gaze to the heavens with an expression and silent prayer that screamed 'Whhhyyyy!?'

She was in the middle of making a mental note to ask Shi how many years she would have to spend in a shrine to make up for whatever transgression the Fortunes were punishing her for, when she noticed her little roommate looking around. Unfortunately she wasn't the first person to address the issue, but she was at least there soon enough to stop things from getting worse.

"Nownow, be nice to the poor girl." she chided Gendo as she approached, giving the Usagi a little wink. ...and immediately watching her bolt again. She was good at that, it seemed. "...what in jigoku's name did you brutes do to her? Just... keep your distance for now. I'll handle this."

And it would seem she didn't have long to wait before the aftermath came running in on a Daidoji banner. With a heavy sigh she approached the harrowed men and spoke up. "This is all just a big misunderstanding. Would it be okay if I talked to her?"  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Raganui Minamoto rolled 6 10-sided dice: 10, 3, 10, 2, 9, 10 Total: 44 (6-60)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:31 pm
He bowed back. "Himura Gendo. It is good to meet all three of you." Looking at Kiyo he nodded. "May the hunt be interesting and a good time for all."

"Twin Sparrows are nice
Softly fluttering this day
Voices of fine song."

Poetry - 4k3

Holy 45 Batman

Wish I had called a Raise...  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 10-sided dice: 3, 9, 4 Total: 16 (3-30)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:32 pm
Sploder Dice  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:59 pm
The Kraken bushi would sigh as the little rabbit runs off to kami knows where. That...was going to be a challenge. A big challenge. It seems the fates had crueler challenges for the Kraken though....Naohiko saw that Daigotsu Shoichi was partnered with Chiyo-chan and he drew a Mantis for himself....Gendo was lucky enough to draw one of the Sparrow twins and seemed to be charming them...although his haiku was fine, it seemed like he was trying to get them both at the same time. Dammit Gendo. What did you do to get all the good Kharma?

Himura Naohiko would have no chance to reflect on that further as he was greeted by his own partner for this event....who seemed to be a Mantis shugenja who was entirely too happy. Something was rotten in Second City.... Big smile and try to get through it. Naohiko COULD be overreacting. He hoped he was. The Kraken bushi would bow in greeting. "Ah yes, I see that we might, Moshi-san. So, tell me, have you been to the Colonies?" Naohiko opened politely. From what little he knew, the Moshi holdings were concentrated in the old Rokugan empire.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 7:55 am
Shi would smile at the Daidoji, pull up his clothes to mask his scar a bit, they would almost instantly fall and reveal it again. "Ah yes, the scar is rather intimidating. I would like to have a word with her if I may, but I fear that she will run again, maybe if you were there she may not be so inclined to."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:20 am
"Shi-san..." she began, exasperatedly rubbing her temple, "As I recall you and Gendo were the ones chasing her. Do you understand what we need to talk to her about? It was a misunderstanding. She's done nothing wrong, so none of you needs to interrogate her." she cast a look back at Gendo, but found that he was too far away to hear.

With an exasperated sigh that came from the constant conflict with her own protectors since arriving here, she softened and tried the only tactic she had left, "Please, just wait here a moment. I'll fix this."  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:57 pm
@ Shi, Kaichiyo:

The Daidoji would look back and forth from Shi, to Kaichiyo, and back to Shi. "Ahhh..." he would start, trying to cut in. "We are in a bit of a hurry. I want to say it's up to Shi-san's discretion, since it doesn't appear you belong to the Hare's clan nor this Monk's brotherhood, miss. But I confess, there seems to be more going on here than I'm aware of." A pause. "Just... just figure it out quickly, okay? Shi, if your partner won't show, we'll be forced to disallow your involvement, unless you find a replacement partner in the meanwhile." He would then awkwardly and apologetically smile. "Sorry!" With a bow, he would leave.

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Ruri's gaze would travel from yours to just over your shoulder over and over. Soon, it appeared to ignore yours altogether, as she was watching the exchange between Kaichiyo, Shi, and the Daidoji with interest.

"Yes, the Colonies," she would reply with partial interest. "They were a good idea........"

Suddenly, she catches herself, flushing slightly but for a moment. "Ack! My apologies, Himura-san. What was the question?" For the moment, you once more had her full attention.

--------------------

@ Gendo:

The Suzume sisters would turn beet red.

"P-p-please excuse us!"
"P-p-please excuse us!"

they would say in unison, bowing deeply, before retreating, still bowed.

Agasha Mai would laugh in response. "Hahaha! Himura-san, what was that??" She would quickly unfurl her fan and shield her face as she began to giggle-laugh a bit harder now. "Please... please tell me that's not how the Kraken greet one another in the Colonies. It sounds like a fairy tale!"

She doesn't sound disrespectful, but genuinally amused at what you did to the Suzume.

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Moshi Ruri's gaze now begins to drift to where Gendo, a Phoenix, and two very embarassed Suzume stand, the latter two retreating.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 1:42 pm
"Oh," Shi would say with discontent in his voice, "I see what is going on here. I expected subterfuge to be present at a court event, but nothing so blatent as tigging the games. One would think that had this been a fair contest that there would be a contigency plan, but apparently I need to go have a discussion of manners with a young Hare." He would march out of the room and drop the facade, loosening up and begin looking for Usagi, Ichi. "Usagi? Is this a Hare clan custom? I am unfamiliar with your clans customs, but the game today was meant to be a scavenger hunt, not hide and seek. If you come out now we may still have a chance at winning even." He debated sitting outside her room again.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 2:23 pm
"I enjoy poetry." He just tilted his head and looked at the twins, smiling lightly.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:49 pm
"...I see you are interested in my clanmates." Naohiko commented as he tracked the shugenja's gaze. "Well, the big one is our smith, Himura Gendo-san, He works along side his father at the forge. I believe he made the tsuba to the blades in my daisho, if you wish to see the quality of his work. Apparently he is quite the poet as well." Naohiko would turn Ruri's attention to Shi, as he stalked off after the Usagi maiden. Shi is the caretaker of the small shrine on our little island. I do not know much about him. He just arrived fairly recently, and my brother is more the religious type than I am. " Finally, the Kraken bushi marked out his superior. "And the best for last, Himura Kaichiyo-hime will follow in her mother's footsteps, kami willing. She is our brave and bold leader and...." Naohiko's voice would drop conspiratorially. "The best chef outside of the Soshi family....or so my father says. Don't let anyone know that or we'll end up having cook offs for days. I don't know about you, but I can't eat that much!"  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:43 pm
Kaichiyo stood, mouth agape and expression bewildered as the monk completely ignored her and walked off ranting like a madman. Yes, that had to be it. The man was completely mad. It was starting to seem that the girl staying hidden and away from this crazed monk was for the best. She'd been through enough trauma already. If she managed to find the girl later she could fix most of the problem, but this seemed to be one problem that could not be solved without her mother's help. And oh would that woman get an earful about this. To say the young princess was fuming was almost an understatement.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:27 pm
@ Naohiko:

Ruri's attentions seemed more focused on Naohiko now, fo' realz. Honest, this time. But for good reason.

"I see... yes, I think I'd like to hear more about your kinsmen and traveling companion. Perhaps as we scavenge the city of Kyuden Doji! If we do well, maybe even over tea later?" She would smirk.

--------------------

@ Naohiko, Gendo:

You two are pretty much set to go for the start of the Scavenger Hunt. Suzume Kiyo (you think) will return to you, Gendo, after a few minutes of chatting with her sister. We just have to tie up a few loose ends before we begin, however.....

--------------------

@ Shi:

The Daidoji was returning, but was shocked as Shi stormed passed him, leaving a frustrated Kaichiyo in his wake. He would double time it to keep pace.

When Ichi would turn and see Shi storming towards her, she would backpedal a few steps, white as a sheet. One man, a Kakita, bleached hair in a traditional topknot and handsome features stained only by his determined gaze, would step before Ichi seemingly out of instinct, his hand going towards his blade but not actually drawing it.

"Look, sir, I don't think you- he started to say, but was cut off as Ichi did step around him and before Shi (from a safe distance).

"Why won't you people leave me alone?!" she actually yelled at him, raising her voice momentarily out of anger, before quickly covering her mouth. She quickly grew flustered again, and continued. "I made a mistake, I apologized kinda and you guys attacked me anyways, and you got me in trouble and and andthingshavenotbeenfunatallsinceyouarrivedandifIgooutonthisHuntwithyouyou'rejustgoingtohurtmeIknowitandasamuraitrustsherinstinctsandI'mtiredofbeingharrassedbyyoupeoplesojustjustjust GO AWAY!!"

The Crane all nearby exchange uncertain glances at one another, at least one of them not clear on everything she just rambled off in a single breath before that last shout.

"Umm..." the Daidoji would hesitate.
"Uh..." the Kakita would pause.
"Oh dear..." Asahina Masanori would mutter quietly.

Kioko would still be off to the side, petting Setsuna while in a zen state, oblivious to any of this.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

Shoichi would walk back over to Kaichiyo amidst her stressing out, and presented her with a blueish coat, a haori. "Here you go, Himura Kaichiyo-san. Sorry that this is the best I can do on short notice, and it's kind of borrowed by the Crane so they'll need it back, but you really should dress up. What sort of husband would I be if I let my future wife catch a cold during a silly game." True to his word, the garment was clearly of Crane design and decoration, complete with the clan's mon on the back.  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games