Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 1 - Beast of a Thousand Knives (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:04 pm
Tapana Woods

User Image

image made by: Wildweasel339
original image {x}

...Kuori's arrow sails through the air toward the fox's bush, even after the paladins nimble attempt to interrupt it. However, the adorable little fox manages to react just in time and dodge the incoming arrow, which then imbeds itself in the stalk of the bush.

Adrik would chuckle to himself. "Hunrgy already Kuori? But the Tiefling does bring up a good point. Our actions here do not reflect upon the town, but their is no reason to bring the ire of this magical forest onto ourselves, unless we absolutely have to."  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:01 pm
The fox's ears twitched as the arrow sunk into the stem of the bush she was hiding under. Realizing that she had been discovered again, the little critter darted deeper into the brush, skittering away from the trail. Keeping something large between herself and the humanoids, like a tree trunk, the fox continued to watch. If she had seen right, it looked like one of them had tried to stop the one with the bow...it seemed that these folks might not be after her, just on edge.  

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:18 pm
Gloom stepped between the two. "Now now you two." He looked at Revenge and said, "Its not nice to touch other peoples toys. There is a perfectly good chance of that fox rushing out and biting one of our ankles, or Aldrik's chin."  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:58 pm
Revenge would sigh, though mostly out of relief, as the lack of a deathcry meant that the creature was not hit.

"I've heard tales of magical forests before. I have no idea what level of sentience it might have. I confess, my reasons were somewhat selfish; I'd rather the forest see me for my actual position, and not simply as an invading aggressor."

He looked at the bones once more, making a face of displeasure. "The last thing this paladin wants is a ravenous drider and a squadron of angry Poas with their army of treants. One disaster at a time, please."

He would look towards Gloom and Kuori, and shrug. "Sorry, as it were."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 7:22 pm
Tapana Woods

User Image

original image {x}

Adrik would chuckle once more. "I've never seen another dryad from the forest besides Poa, but the day we do will probably be a bad day. Now don't get in too much trouble while I'm gone. I'll be back shortly once I've alerted the guards as to what has been found."

The dwarf turns around and walks back down the trail the group had blazed through the forest and is quickly out of sight. Revenge, Kuori and Hakka all notice the forest around them has become ominously quiet after their confrontation. Yet, through this new silence they hear something in the distance north of them. It is difficult to pick out, but every once in a while the sound of a soft melodic voice singing to itself would drift to their ears.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:18 pm
Quote:
"I've never seen another dryad from the forest besides Poa, but the day we do will probably be a bad day."

Quote:
It is difficult to pick out, but every once in a while the sound of a soft melodic voice singing to itself would drift to their ears.

"... damn it."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:34 am
"And what about that Revenge? Gonna stop me from shooting this one if things go south?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:18 pm
The paladin would smirk to himself, turning to face the direction of the sound.

"No, no, foxes aren't birds," he explained, with a hint of humor in his voice. "Don't worry though; if whatever is up ahead migrates, I'll shield you from it, Kuori."

And with that, he would begin to move towards the sound, since no one else had gone to move yet.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:38 pm
Tapana Woods

User Image

original image {x}

As Revenge trudges forward through the underbrush the voice becomes more clear. It sounds like that of a young woman or girl. She is singing in a language he does not understand but her words do sound peaceful. Revenge cannot see the source of this voice through the thick underbrush but he can tell he is close by. She doesn't seem to have noticed his presence yet either.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:33 pm
Quote:
Revenge, Kuori and Hakka all notice the forest around them has become ominously quiet after their confrontation.

Gloom sunk behind the group, apparently oblivious to everything, drawing his rod and holding it in his hand. All he had in his head was burning this place to the ground.  

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200

Ryssa Blackblood

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:27 pm
The singing caught the fox's attention, and her ears twitched once more, trying to pinpoint the location. She crept through the underbrush slowly, carefully, (Stealth 21) to try and get closer. She wanted to see who was singing with such an enticing voice. (Perception 9)  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:35 pm
As Revenge would seemingly start to put distance between himself and the others (?), he would begin to wonder a bit about the music.

Quote:
Nature of 24 to know about what it might be, if it's applicable to a nature setting.

Quote:
Arcana of 9 to know blah blah blah the check probably fails.

Quote:
Perception of 14 to see if I can single out the source, and/or as clear of a path as possible to get to the drider girl.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:35 am
Ooc: Lets roll out all of the stocks.

Kuori reached up to a low handing branch and climbed up into a tree. (Athletics 12+12=24) With her new vantage point she began to creep towards the source of the sou d to get a better view of it. (Perception 19+11=30) Her brain began to think about what she knew of the surface world (Nature 4+13=17), as well as what she knew of the creatures in the underdark(Dungeoneering 5+15=20). As she sank into the shadows of the teetops to hude her position.
(Stealth 5+11=16)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:17 pm
Tapana Woods

User Image

original image {x}

As Revenge listens to the mysterious voice, it sounds like nothing more extraordinary than that of a normal human girl. He detects no magical charm or fey influence. Whoever it is, they simply have a nice voice. Though his vision is mostly blocked, Revenge feels that if he were to squeeze through the bush wedged between two trees, about twenty feet in front of him, he would be on top of the source of the voice.

Kuori has no problem shimmying up a nearby tree. The branches grow thick and dense, good for supporting her weight but not the best for trying to see through. Still, Kuori is able to get a good vantage point about thirty feet above the ground. The forest seems to stretch out endlessly in front of her, yet she immediately notices there is a small hole in the canopy. Roughly two hundred feet away from her vantage point is a small clearing that contains a pond. The voice is clearly coming from that spot. The voice sounds like that of a normal human girl. As Kuori focuses her gaze on the spot she sees a flash of blond hair through the trees but nothing further. With as dense as the tree growth is, Kuroi feels she could try to move towards this location while staying aloft. However, it would be difficult to do it quietly and require some some skill (an athletic and an acrobatics check) to move from tree to tree.

Thava follows Gloom as he heads after Revenge. The little fox seems to go unnoticed by everyone but Kuori, who from her treetop position notices the little creature slink in the direction of the voice.

Hakka can tell what direction the voice is coming from, but it is hard for her pinpoint its exact location. As she moves closer though, its location becomes more clear and she feels it lies beyond a large clustering of trees and bushes.

((Anyone who has moved closer to the voice can attempt a history check to identify what language the voice is singing in.))  

Kowsauni
Crew

Ryssa Blackblood

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:51 pm
Hakka moved up to the thicket and stopped there, motionless. She simply listened, trying to see if she could understand the singing at all. (History 16)  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games