Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour ~ Open ~ (Now Hiring) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
GAVIN SELWYN ____.______
Sixth Year, Prefect _________
Ravenclaw Seeker _________
════════════════════════ _____

The day dragged on and on. Gavin paraded after his mother and sister in and out of clothing stores with an especially long detour at Madame Primpernelle's. By the time they reached Madame Malkins Robe Shop, his sister, Ophelia, hinted at the need of a new dress for the upcoming charity mum would be hosting and it seemed like the perfect opportunity to shoot himself in the foot just to go home. But thank Merlin, he already had better plans. ”Mum, might it be alright if I buy my own supplies while you two get fitted?” he said pointedly and before his sister could finish her debate on the pros and cons of hats in the summertime. ”I don't need much.” His mother huffed, said something that sounded like a 'no' but eventually twisted around into a 'fine' so long as he agreed to meet them outside of The Leaky Cauldron in two hours' time just to “check in.” Gavin would've made a face but knew that would've changed his mothers mind, so just agreed anyway as he huffed the entire walk down the alley muttering under his breath.

If he was going to see Reyna at Florean's in half an hour, then he needed to burn through his shopping list, and fast. Gavin rushed in and out of Flourish and Blotts, thankful to only need a few new textbooks for his NEWT level electives, considering his older brother had most of what he would need anyway. Then he rushed through Wiseacre's, it was the best one-stop shop for everything he might need (and a few things he wouldn't.)

Gavin reached the threshold of Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour only several minutes late and pushed through the door. He dropped a small set of bags on the table before taking the seat across from Rey and smiled sheepishly. ”Reyna, so sorry I'm late, it was a bit harder to get away from my mum and sister than I thought.” It had never occurred to Gavin to be honest, or maybe it had and he was just being selfish. He didn't want his mother to meet Reyna; what if she went into full “matchmaker” mode and interrogated Rey? He couldn't put her through that. ”How's your summer been so far? I miss school already, can't wait to go back.” It was simpler, easier. He didn't have to worry about charity gala's, extravagent birthdays, upscale summer barbecues, an art auction, and at least two engagement parties all packed into three months. Not to mention the busy bees running around their manor trying to get everything in order for his older brother's upcoming (but still no date) wedding. It's like the bloke actually wants to drag his moment in the spotlight for as long as humanly possible. ”Oh, have you ordered yet by the way? Every time I come here I always get the same thing: a chocolate milkshake. Maybe one of these days I'll mix it up, but, I do love their milkshakes.”

╔════════════════════════════╗
WHEN:: Summer of 2038 】 【WHERE:: Florean Fortescue's
WITH WHO:: Reyna

╚════════════════════════════╝

oyehh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:07 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxIce Cream Parlor
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxWaiting for Tiernan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxConcerned
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

тнєу ¢αℓℓ мє α мєиα¢є тнєу ѕαу тнαт ι'м ¢υяѕє∂xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          вυт ѕσмєтнιи' αвσυт мє ιѕ мαкιи' 'єм נєαℓσυѕxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ѕσ ℓιѕтєи αи∂ ℓєαяи ι нєя∂ 'єм ℓιкє ¢αттℓєxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ¢αυѕє ι'м ѕυяяσυи∂є∂ ву ¢σωαя∂ѕ αи∂xxxxxx
                                                          ι ∂σи'т gινє α fυ¢к ωнєи ι ωαℓк ιитσ вαттℓєxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceMerc arched a brow at Tiernan when the Ravenclaw joined her, snorting slightly as she crossed her arms. "That bad, huh? Hey to you, too." It wasn't that she didn't know she probably looked like something was bothering her, because she knew she did. She wasn't exactly great at masking her emotions, not did she care to be. Lying about how you felt was stupid, and messy, and it complicated everything. Still, from the way Tiernan had greeted her, you'd think she was carrying a big cardboard sign that said 'the end is nigh' while wearing a tin foil hat.

spaceAs far as 'something horrible,' she didn't exactly know what to say. So, she just shrugged, and then after a moment replied,
                                                          "Nothing horrible you don't already know about, I wager." Given how easy it was to piece everything together herself, she'd be willing to bet Tiernan knew plenty about what'd happened to her housemate. They were friends, and Tiernan wasn't really the sort to have her head in the sand about stuff. Merc didn't think she was, anyway. "It's not anything new, just something I didn't know about. And now I do know, and I can't really do anything about it, so I figured-"

spaceShe cut herself off, uncrossing her arms to wave her hands in front of her. "Wait, sorry. Getting ahead of myself. Like, nothing happened to me, or whatever, if that's what you're worried about. It's Glynn. I know you guys are friends, but, uh... How close are you, exactly? 'Cause I didn't know who else to talk to, but I might be barking up the wrong tree." She was willing to admit that she was going on a scrap of hope that they were close enough for Tiernan to hear her concerns, and possibly take some sort of action. Barring that, maybe Tiernan could tell her who she really should be talking to. That'd be useful information.

spaceShe regarded the Ravenclaw for a moment.
                                                          "Okay, so, last year I saw you talking to him at the train station, right? And I was like 'woah, who's this guy with blue hair?' because hello, his hair is blue, how did I not already know about him, right? So one morning I go down to breakfast and he's there, and he's alone, and I was, you know. Me." She paused for a second, again feeling the pang of regret. She didn't want to change herself, not ever, but she could admit she wasn't perfect and that sometimes being herself wasn't the best thing. This was definitely one of those times. "So I introduce myself and start asking questions, 'cause I'm curious. But I keep putting my bloody foot in my bloody mouth and making him super uncomfortable, like, moreso than I normally make people. And he's getting weird about pretty normal questions, so I figure there's something to it that I don't know about, and should back off. But apparently I made him feel bad because he thought I was uncomfortable, because I sorta just bailed on him once I realized I apparently was incapable of talking to him without making an arse of myself."

spaceTruth be told, she still had no clue why he'd followed her and tried to apologize, since she didn't see how he could've been even remotely at fault. She was the one who'd just gone deer-in-headlights and exited, stage left, and rather ungracefully at that. She didn't get how that could be his fault. "Anyway, so he follows me, yeah? And tries to apologize for making me uncomfortable, and I'm like 'what, no, I made you uncomfortable, that's why I left, it's fine,' but he kept trying to like, fix it, I guess? But like, let's just say it's pretty obvious I should probably keep my distance and not bug him, because I basically felt like I was playing the game where you stab a knife into the table between your fingers faster and faster while you're trying not to stab yourself, and if you cut off a finger, you lose. Except I feel like if I lose, he's the one getting a finger cut off. You know?"

spaceIt occurred to her too late that Tiernan might very well have no clue what she was talking about. But then, it wasn't like she hadn't explained it. Except the part where it's a game, but then, Merc didn't think it was really a game either. People just acted like it was because they were bloody stupid. Even she wasn't that bonkers. "Point being, and I do swear I have a point," she said, words rushing together slightly. She knew she'd been rambling quite a bit, and had no clue if Tiernan knew anything about this. For all she knew, Glynn had mentioned it. Part of her figured he would've said something, at least 'tell your weird friend to leave me alone', but then she remembered that he'd chased her down to apologize for something that wasn't even a little his fault and figured that wasn't likely. He might've at least brought it up and said it was weird, or that he felt bad, though.

space"Okay, so, one of the things I asked him was, what he likes to do, you know, for fun. 'cause I was trying to get to know him and all. He's your friend, and I'd never noticed him before, that's weird, especially with the hair and all. But he couldn't give me a straight answer for even that one, and look, I read up about everything, now I get it, but... Okay, he's got some major issues, but like, a guy needs hobbies? You know? He seemed really down and awkward about everything and maybe that was partially me but it had to've been partially him too. The down part, anyway." She didn't think she'd made him depressed, not at first, anyway. Maybe as the conversation progressed. But he'd seemed pretty down the whole time. Though, she supposed that his trauma was explanation enough for that. "Someone, not me, obviously, but I think someone needs to like, help him? Not in the therapy, 'do you want to talk about it/I'm always there for you' kinda way, which I bet he's probably sick to death of all things considered." She would be, at least. She might be wrong about it in regards to him, though. They obviously didn't have much, if anything, in common. "But, like. He doesn't know what he likes to do. Like, in general? And that's not healthy. So, I figure you, or maybe you could pass this along to someone closer to him, I dunno, but someone should like. Take him out into the world. Introduce him to new stuff. You know? Find him something to have fun with. That sotra thing." She stopped, finally, and realized she hadn't stopped talking for what seemed like a very long time. Well, to be fair, she'd had this whole sort-of speech more or less planned out already. It was practically a script. She just hoped Tiernan had followed all of it. And cared enough to actually listen, since she hadn't exactly given her the option of opting out. Oops.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxι ¢αи ѕмєℓℓ уσυя fєαя - тнє σиℓу яєαѕσи тнαт ι'м нєяє ιѕ тσ ωяєαк нανσ¢
                                                          xxxxxxєνєяувσ∂у ρяαуιи' тнαт ι'ℓℓ ¢нαиgє, уєαн мαувє σиє ∂αу
                                                          xxxxxxxxx вυт тσмσяяσω ι'ℓℓ вє вα¢к αт ιт ¢αυѕє вα∂ нαвιтѕ тнєу ∂ιє нαя∂
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxωє ℓινє fαѕт ωє ∂ιє нαя∂, gσ αgαιиѕт мє уσυ'ℓℓ ∂ιє нαя∂

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

The Forgotten Weasley

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:54 am
User Image

R E Y N AxxxW H Y T E

SIXTHxYEAR xxxxxxSLYTHERINxPREFECTxxxxxxBEATER

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Rey looked up when she heard the door open and smiled when she saw that it was Gavin who rushed in to take a seat in front of her. "That's alright, I hadn't been waiting too long," she tried reassuring him. And she didn't mind the wait, it was certainly a nice change after the chaos that was having her cousins—specifically one cousin—over, although, thankfully, he was quieter than last year. "Took me a while to convince my parents too, so I started as soon as we arrived." Her smile turned more mischevious as she said this, she didn't usually play the part of a brat now, which made it just a bit more fun this time. "My summer's been fine, and while I do miss Hogwarts, it's nice to finally take abreak from books for a while," she admitted, laughing sheepishly and rubbing the back of her neck. Rey'd hardly opened a book since she came back, which was quite unusual, but after practically living in the library, she didn't now if she could stand to read another, until she had to, of course.

Rey snorted when Gavin said he'd mix things up someday. "Can't deny that, everything here tastes amazing. Especially their coffee ice cream, I'd take that over a chocolate milkshake any day," she sighed dreamily, mostly for effect. She wouldn't say no to a milkshake, but coffee ice cream was one of her weaknesses. Grabbing her bag, she got up from the table. "I haven't ordered yet, thought I'd wait, but now that you're here, let's hurry before the line gets too long?" She was mostly joking, but fortunately, there wasn't too many people in line and soon, Rey got her ice cream before retaking her seat. She closed her eyes to savour the first bite, humming appreciatively, before taking another, her eyes now focused on Gavin. "So, did anything interesting happen recently? Beyond, you know, actually surviving the OWLs?"

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                          a txxFlorean Fortescue’sxxxxxw i t hxxGavin
                                                          f e e l i n gxxeagerxxxxxw e a r i n gxxcasual clothes

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                      ━━━━
                                                      Yeah, this is isn't my best, sorry -.-"

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:17 pm
I wear my long black dress and a veil of disaster,
Flowers in my hair, crowned forever after...
We shall be through in you.
The day has come to an end;
Page and waves of time-
The ocean has come to meet you.

𝓉𝒾𝑒𝓇𝓃𝒶𝓃
𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓉
𝓎𝒶𝓍𝓁𝑒𝓎

RAVENCLAW PREFECT │ SIXTH YEAR │ PUREBLOOD

Tiernan tapped her pale fingers impatiently when Merc failed to get to the point in what she would have deemed a timely fashion. Really, why did people always do this when having serious discussions? Who, what, when, where? Four simple questions. It wasn't hard. "You're going to need to be a bit more concise," she said, raising an eyebrow when the blue-haired girl finally reached the topic of... Glynn? Since when did Merc and Glynn associate? If anything, she would have thought that Merc would find the serious boy exasperating, and that he would find her either overwhelming or very irritating. Glynn was basically sixty years old at heart, and Merc dressed like a radioactive rainbow.

"Glynn and I are as close as he lets anyone get," she shrugged. "Maybe that's unfair of me, but he was never- he was never the most extroverted and talkative of people, even before his... troubles. I don't know. He and Arnemetia always seemed close, perhaps she knows more, but if she does, I doubt she'd tell you, Merc, no offense." She still didn't understand why Merc was suddenly fixated on the Ravenclaw boy, but the mention of blue hair made sense... sort of. She supposed the Gryffindor was the type to get excited about something like that. Glynn should have dyed his hair a less obnoxious color, but maybe it was a sign that he was feeling a bit more... hopeful?

"Glynn gets weird about a lot of 'normal' things," she agreed. "Given his past, I mean. At this point it's a given that he'll probably get uncomfortable at some point in any casual conversation, so I wouldn't feel too terrible. Then again, I'm used to making people feel uncomfortable and not caring. Although I do care about Glynn. I just think he... Glynn knows what he needs, and mothering or hovering over him worrying is not going to help him. He needs a sense of security." Tiernan refused to feel as though she'd failed as a friend. Alright, maybe she had, and maybe Glynn had been crying out silently for help for ages, but she hadn't known what she'd known until it was too late, and there was no point in repeating the past. She was not going to harass him into 'branching out more'.

She was surprised that Glynn had gone out of his way to follow Merc and apologize, though. That was a little unexpected. Not that Glynn was ever purposefully rude or brusque, but he was a Ravenclaw, not a Hufflepuff. "What a lovely metaphor," she said dryly. "And reading about it in the newspapers does not mean you get it, Mercy. No one's going to 'get it'. His father hurt him. Badly. Repeatedly. People got hurt trying to help him. That's not something you forgive, and not something you forget. I wouldn't be able to, anyways. He might never get over it, not really, and if he doesn't, we just have to accept that nothing we say or do is going to make him better. He has issues because someone gave him issues, and he might seem 'down' but do you know what I think?"

She shrugged. "I think he's furious, under all the rest of it. I would be. I'd be so angry I wouldn't even know how to think straight anymore. I think he's very, very angry, and he needs to eventually find some way to hurt a dead man, or he's going to explode. And you're right, he does need hobbies. Crafting a crude facsimile of his father and setting it on fire might count as one. But I suppose going to see a film or two might help too. But Medusa knows that person should not be me. I tend to aggravate people. Glynn likes me well enough, I suppose, but I don't think that our friendly platonic relationship should be tested by the flames of 'you really need to get a life, now that your old one is ruined'. If anything, you should invite him to go roller-skating or something. And then perhaps throw bottles at a wall outside the rink later." Tiernan stepped up to place her order of ice cream, and then patiently waited for the other girl.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Waiting on the shore,
Restless tide will come and take you...
We shall be final in you.
Like rivers they feed all the rain drops and spring...
And nobody knows what tomorrow may bring.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:01 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxIce Cream Parlor
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxConcerned

spaceMerc wished she could've 'been more concise' as Tiernan has requested, but frankly, she wasn't sure how to do that. Whenever she got fixated on something, excited or whatever you wanted to call it (excited seemed the wrong word in this case, maybe invested?) she tended to ramble on. It was a bad habit, she knew. She'd tried to cut it down, but unfortunately, her impulse control was lacking in practice. In theory, she could manage. When she tried to, though, she usually failed.

spaceTiernan's comment that she doubted Arnementia would talk to her was met with a nod and an odd noise, one that seemed both aggravated and in agreement.
                                                          "See, that's the thing. I know you guys are friends, and we get along alright most of the time, which is why I'm talking to you. I didn't really see him spending any time around anyone else I could've talked to about him, I don't know any of his other friends and I'm... me." She shrugged. "I mean, I know I'm obnoxious. I doubt if pretty much anyone else would've put up with me enough to even discuss it. You barely did, and you're used to me." Of course, she hadn't exactly given the Ravenclaw any time to assimilate to the conversation, which might be partially at fault. But, she wasn't about to be offended by Tiernan getting short with her. Again, it wasn't as though she wasn't perfectly aware of how she could grate on some people. And she did try not to, at least when it came to relationships where people had no choice in the matter. She intended to master the art of controlling herself by the time she had co-workers to worry about annoying, for instance. But as far as friends went, she figured that if she had to act like a completely different person to have them, it meant she couldn't have them at all. If they were only friends with the fake her who was calm and collected and not jumping off of walls... Well, they weren't really friends with her, now, were they?

spaceShe gave an exasperated huff and threw her hands up when Tiernan said she couldn't 'get' it, thinking that the Ravenclaw was misinterpreting her meaning, perhaps purposefully to make a point.
                                                          "I didn't mean I understand what he went through," she snapped. "I just meant that, when I talked to him, I thought it was weird how everything I asked seemed to upset him. Then I read up, and was like 'Oh, yeah, he's horribly traumatized, I might as well have been walking in a field of land mines'. Thanks, I'm not stupid enough to think doing a bit of digging to satisfy my curiosity and concerns magically granted me a perfect comprehension of what's going on in the guy's brain." She barely suppressed the urge to roll her eyes. She didn't exactly think that explaining the whole thought process qualified as 'concise', but whatever, she was just being nit-picky because the accusation had annoyed her.

spaceAt least they both seemed to be in agreement that coddling wasn't what he needed, in the slightest. She did think for a moment that the older girl was implying there was nothing to be done, period, in which case Merc was ready to tell her that she was a horrible friend. Just because you couldn't just make someone be over something horrible that'd happened to them, didn't mean you shouldn't try to make their current and future existence better in whatever way you could. But, she managed to squash the urge to shout that, and instead let the girl continue talking. If only because she was actually very curious about what she had to say regarding what she 'thought' was going on.

spaceThere was a long moment of silence, a unique experience for Mercy, while she considered it. She hadn't thought he seemed particularly angry, really, but she didn't know him at all so what did she know? Then again, Tiernan's whole thing was a calm, detached demeanor that was masking a wealth of rage, so of course she saw that in another person as well. She knew Tiernan had a lot of anger in her, and for good reason. The Gryffindor was skeptical, but not entirely convinced that she was wrong.
                                                          "I think that sort of thing is usually good for just about anyone," she said finally, tone far too glib for the conversation they were having. "We're always told that anger is this evil, toxic thing, and instead of people going 'yeah it sure is, I need to get that out of me stat' when they feel it, they just... try to pretend like it's not there, until they explode." She crossed her arms, expression thoughtful. "If you're right, I'm not sure if I'm grateful that I wasn't enough to tip him over, or bothered by it. On the one hand, at least I wasn't so horrible as to push the buttons until he exploded. It's nice not being yelled at, and he probably would've felt bad about it later. On the other hand..." She frowned, looking deeply disturbed by her own thoughts. "Just, his tolerance has got to be impossibly high, doesn't it? At least if I'd managed to set him off, that would mean he was allowing himself to feel something."

spaceThe Gryffindor gave another huff, emotional state far too erratic for something as subdued as a sigh. Tiernan's plan was solid, for the most part, but it had a major flaw. "I like the idea... except the part where I'm involved directly. I couldn't even have a conversation with him without mucking it up, and he doesn't know me at all, except as that annoying blue-haired girl who came and pestered him with personal questions he didn't want or know how to answer. I'd say maybe we could go to the cinema, since that wouldn't require talking, but like, how would I convince him to go in the first place? I doubt he's particularly interested in spending any time with me whatsoever, all things considered." Which was sort of a shame, if the Ravenclaw was right about him being angry and needing some property destruction to let it out on. It wasn't like she wasn't the queen of blowing things up, both with and without magic. Always on purpose, and in a semi-controlled environment, anyway. "Okay, so, totally respect you not wanting to risk it, but like, you basically said I was right about the hobbies. Assuming I'm right about other stuff and I shouldn't even think of going within fifty feet of him ever again, can you think of anyone else? Because like I said, I don't know him, and his friends know I don't know him, so why the hell would they listen to me? Especially with all of my me-ness."

spaceShe imagined there was a question hanging about, which was 'why do you care so much if you're not friends.' The answer to which was sort of complicated, and yet not complicated at all. She was obsessive, to a fault. She'd fixated on the mystery, and gone looking for answers. Now she had some of them, and had gone from curious to deeply concerned. Hey, don't let it be said she had no empathy. She had scores of it, in fact, which was working to her own disadvantage in this particular case. She cared about Glynn, sort of, as much as you can care for someone you've spoken to once (twice?) and are barely connected to. As much as she cared about anyone who had suffered some horrible fate at the hands of horrible people and deserved better. She'd gotten herself personally involved, and had to pull herself out, but was still invested in some kind of outcome. She didn't know what to do with the information she had, but she was pretty sure she couldn't just walk away. That didn't seem... right. At all.

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:27 pm
Page and waves of time-

𝓉𝒾𝑒𝓇𝓃𝒶𝓃
𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓉
𝓎𝒶𝓍𝓁𝑒𝓎

Tiernan smirked a little at Merc's 'most of the time' comment, but said nothing, even when the girl responded sarcastically to her point about understanding what Glynn was going through. To be honest, she was surprised the other girl hadn't gone off on her more. She was well aware that she could off as quite cold, and it wasn't just the Yaxley in her. Maybe she just didn't feel things as deeply, or consider the feelings of others as much, but Tiernan liked to think that she tried when it really mattered... usually. Her group of friends was fairly passionate, after all, considering that it included Reyna and Ivar, neither of whom ever failed to say exactly what they thought.

"It's a necessary emotion," she shrugged. "Not to sound horrifically Slytherin- I'm friends with far too many- but sometimes you need to be angry to actually get anything done. Maybe I'm just hoping that he's angry because the idea of him being too numb and beaten down to even feel that frightens me. Sixteen is a bit young to call it quits on living. I doubt you actually made him angry, though. You couldn't have known."

Tiernan than switched from that reassurance to rolling her eyes at the blue-haired girl's following claims. "You've had one conversation. There is no way to judge whether or not you two have any platonic connection without further testing, and the only way to do that is to actually converse with one another again. If you want me to write you a letter of recommendation, I will- and no, I'm not being snide, I actually will. I can think of other people, but they're too close. He'd probably think we were staging some sort of intervention- Learn to Love Yourself Again! Why don't I just invite him to come to the cinema with Alby and I... and you, and we'll see what he says?" the dark-haired girl shrugged. "The worst case scenario, he actually can't stand you and refuses, but seeing as he apologized to you for a non-insult... I don't see that happening."

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Waiting on the shore,

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:26 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxIce Cream Parlor
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxConcerned

spaceMerc agreed wholeheartedly with Tiernan regarding the importance of anger. Sometimes, you just needed to be angry. No matter what anyone (Hope) tried to tell her, Mercy knew that sometimes, anger was absolutely the correct reaction to something being done. And it certainly made people productive. The Gryffindor tended to get an awful lot done when she was doing it specifically to spite someone (Hope). She did find the idea of anyone being so broken down that they couldn't get pissed off pretty disturbing, but then, she'd already said as much. She shrugged. "I 'unno, he could've. I don't figure he would've held it against me, and if he did I'd have said it was pretty unfair. But anger's not usually rational. Whether I knew or not wouldn't have mattered if I'd hit the wrong button."

space"I guess I managed to avoid it out of luck or something, because it seemed like he was two seconds away from either a breakdown or screaming bloody murder at me. That's why I tried to leave in the first place." In retrospect, it'd been pretty rude, but at the time, she hadn't had any idea what to do. Normally she was a quick thinker, but he'd stumped her. She'd been half convinced that asking about the bloody weather would've made him uncomfortable after a certain point, and when you couldn't even safely ask about that, what were you supposed to do? Except leave, which is what she'd done. She just hadn't done it very smoothly, which of course had ensured that he knew she'd gotten uncomfortable and was bailing on him. Rude, and not in the way she liked being rude. But, nothing to do about it now. He'd apologized, she'd tried to tell him it was her fault and apologize herself, neither had accepted it was the other's fault and things had gotten increasingly awkward until they'd finally been forced to part ways. She'd never been so relieved to have a lesson to get to.

spaceThe bluenette appreciated Tiernan's skepticism regarding whether or not any and all attempts to talk to Glynn were doomed, but that didn't mean she agreed.
                                                          "I have absolutely no doubt you'd write a truly excellent letter," she said, somehow managing to sound snarky and sincere all at once. "But, like, it was one conversation where I managed to do nothing but make him uncomfortable and dig up a ton of horrible trauma he's probably actively trying to avoid thinking about. And now that I know he's got all that horrible trauma, I've got even less of an idea of what to talk about with the guy. He's probably a mess of triggers and let's face it, I'm really clumsy." She paused, then snorted. She wished the clumsiness was at least only metaphorical, but every time she thought she'd gotten the hang of her limbs, she had another growth spurt. Girls weren't supposed to be this tall. And if she heard one more person say 'you should be a model' she'd probably snap.

spaceShe considered the cinema for a moment. It wasn't a horrible idea. She was still skeptical about her inclusion, but... Tiernan was good at making sure she didn't do anything stupid. Or at least calling her out on her bullshite. And Alby was like, the least offensive person she knew, obnoxious nephews who deserve to be launched into the sun aside. She did snort slightly at the idea that he might refuse, crossing her arms.
                                                          "Nah, see, that's not what I'm worried about," she said. "He didn't strike me as that kinda person, yaknow? I was more worried about the idea that I'd walk up to him and start talking again, and he'd be internally screaming while trying really really hard to be polite and not tell me to bugger off. Like, I already made an arse of myself, no need to put him through that again. But... I 'unno, if he's alright with the outing, it couldn't hurt that much. Though, probably best if I don't pick the film, eh?" She'd admit it, she had horrible taste in films. Minimal dialogue, lots of explosions. Not horribly engaging cinema. Very... Gryffindor. Considering she would be going with three Ravenclaws, it was likely a good idea to let one of them pick a film.

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:09 pm
GAVIN SELWYN ____.______

”Well that's good.” He mumbled, almost sheepishly, in response. Honestly he had hoped to beat Reyna here, not leave her waiting. But there was nothing he could do about that, short of inventing himself a time-turner anyway. ”Oh yeah? I probably should've done the same,” he retorted with a small laugh. Not that it would've worked, but there's always that small possibility. ”Very true, that and being able to practice quidditch any time of the day.” Merlin knows he needed it after last year's turn out, losing to both Hufflepuff and Slytherin, then only barely scraping by against Gryffindor. It was rough. But he had to remind himself: it could have been worse.

”So coffee's your favorite, huh? Interesting. I don't know too many people who stray from the trinity of flavors: chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. Myself included.” Reyna was the first to mention getting in line, Gavin agreed. The line moved quickly and soon he was back in his previous seat only this time with a chocolate shake and plastic spoon in hand. ”Mmmm,” he grinned, leaned back in his seat and allowed himself to relax. ”Interesting? Well, I guess that depends on what you call interesting. I had to go to a fundraiser last week for... I'm not even sure what there's so many of them... and next week I'm to attend the Sevenoaks Art Festival. Blegh.” Gavin stuck his tongue out and shook his head in distaste. Once upon a time ago, it had actually been fun. But now? It was boring and repetitive and the people were so... arrogant. ”I mean the festival itself isn't so bad, it's the people. Only the 'elite', as they like to call themselves, are invited. But it gets me away from the house and the wedding planners—my brother's engaged—and I have a feeling his fiancee is trying to make this the 'wedding of the century' or something.” Not like she hadn't thrown those words around casually every chance she could. ”What about you? Anything fun planned for your summer?”

oyehh

[OOC: Dude, no worries! Sorry for taking so long! ]

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:17 pm
Page and waves of time-

𝓉𝒾𝑒𝓇𝓃𝒶𝓃
𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓉
𝓎𝒶𝓍𝓁𝑒𝓎

Tiernan rolled her eyes. "You're hardly going to grow more adept at conversing with him by avoiding him because you're worried about setting him off. Like I said, making Glynn uncomfortable is a fairly common experience for all of us. Obviously we don't want to go around prodding at open wounds, but it's going to happen, and knowing where the wounds are might make things a little gentler." Maybe she was being a bit hypocritical-she knew she could be a bit blase about things, but only because she felt like she had to off-set everyone else getting worked up over everything. She was rubbish at outrage on demand, anyways. Better to come up with a plan than spend her time stewing in manufactured sympathy.

"If he's not alright with it, I fully expect him to say so," she said bluntly. "Politely, of course, but I'm not going to show up at his door with a mob if he declines. Although I doubt he's ever even seen a film before, so we ought to go with something timeless, or he'll be completely baffled and it will all go straight over his blue head. And Mercy, I swear to Morgana, if you put yourself down one more time for losing your footing in one conversation with the boy, I will be forced to take drastic measures," Tiernan warned, narrowing her eyes. "Glynn's never going to come right out and say, 'Of course I don't hate you, don't be silly', so you're going to have to take what you can get with him. Operate under the assumption that he doesn't mind your company." Between the two of them, if she had to constantly reassure one or the other that the other wasn't offended and did in fact like them, she'd go mad.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Waiting on the shore,

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:46 pm
User Image

R E Y N AxxxW H Y T E

SIXTHxYEAR xxxxxxSLYTHERINxPREFECTxxxxxxBEATER

"Yeah, there's no summer without quidditch." Rey wasn't able to fly as much as she'd, what with her living in the middle of a big city, but she could always practise her batting and fly whenever she visited her grandparents. "Hope you're practising hard, or the Quidditch Cup will be ours again this year," she smirked, resting her head on her palm. She couldn't resist, and what was a little good-natured ribbing between friends? It was part of the fun of playing quidditch after all.

Rey shook her head at Gavin's response. "You're missing out, coffee's the best one, but I might be biased," she grinned. She continued to spoon her ice cream into her mouth as she listened, her brows furrowing in confusion when expressed his disgust about the festival—that actually sounded interesting—before nodding sympathy when Gavin elaborated. "Ugh, that sounds awful," her nose wrinkled in disgust. "You sir, have got the patience of saint," she declared, pointing at him with her spoon. Now she was sure Gavin had the resilience of steel; Rey knew if that was her in his place, she wouldn't last 15 minutes without wanting to hit something, preferably the people.

His question about her summer caused Rey to sigh. "Not really," she admitted. "I mean, we visited and spent family, which is usually nice, but we don't really do anything else, so it can get a little boring at times," she laughed sheepishly. They didn't usually travel, but Rey didn't mind, as much as she'd enjoy it, there was still quite a bit to do in London despite the weather, and even though she grew up in the city, she still enjoyed going out.

Looking down to take another bite of her ice cream, Rey suddenly realised how inconsiderate she was being. Didn't Gavin say he didn't usually try anything but the classics? "Oh," she started, tilting her head a bit. "Do you want to try some?" she asked, nodding at her cup of ice cream "It's quite good," she grinned reassuringly.

a txxFlorean Fortescue’sxxxxxw i t hxxGavin
                                                          f e e l i n gxxeagerxxxxxw e a r i n gxxcasual clothes

o o c
                                                      ━━━━
                                                      Hope that isn't too weird ^^"

Essy ze Ninja

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:03 am
GAVIN SELWYN ____.______

”Exactly,” he chimed along with her initial statement, then hid his smile behind a striped straw. After all, he could already hear his fathers voice ringing in his ears, 'smiles are reserved for children and mothers only.' Come to think of it, he had never seen his father smile at anyone besides his baby sister, and even then, it was rather debatable. ”Oh, believe me, we will be giving your team a run for your money this year.” As if to prove his point, he puffed out his chest and held his head just a little higher and haughtier than usual. But even Gavin couldn't hold the pose for long and broke out into a small fit of laughter and shaking his head. ”Honestly though, your team always plays so brilliantly, we really will have to step our game up if we're going to have a chance against you lot.” Gavin always thought that a bit ironic about Slytherin as a house in general. They call it a snake pit because everyone is out for themselves, and yet, they're always the team that can consistently work together to champion so many quidditch cups.

Gavin breathed out a single laugh when he said, ”I'm sure everyone has a little bias in them somewhere.” Then shrugged. As the topic of conversation naturally shifted, Gavin found himself wondering why he even mentioned his summer exploits. In some ways it just seemed gaudy, like he was showing off. But since he was complaining, he probably came off a bit petty too. His lips wrinkled in a funny line as he tried to make sense of everything before he finally realized just how flustered he was, and how much he wanted her to like him. Well, he wants everyone to like him, but this was different somehow. ”It's not all bad, I guess.” But before he could say anything else weird he just shut his mouth, nodded along, and waited for the chance to ask about her summer to get her talking instead.

He took the moment to wonder what a boring summer could look like before he said, ”Well that sounds nice though, relaxing.” Looking down at his milkshake, half a crater tore into his ice cream making that weird sucking sound with the straw so he stirred it round and round. ”Oh? Um, yeah, sure,” he said blinking quickly. Gavin leaned in closer when he took the bite, the cold taste of coffee sat on his tongue for a minute. ”Mmm, that is actually pretty good, thank you.” Clearing his throat because that totally wasn't awkward at all, right? He asked, ”So what do you for fun in between those boring times? Surely something other than practicing for quidditch?” Even he had his hobbies, little time as he had to devote to them lately. Sometimes, he actually missed being a little kid, before school and 'real' responsibilities take control.

oyehh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:10 pm
                                            Summer 2039
                                            space(♦) Dɾҽա-لҽղղą Ɛìժҽ
                                            spxxxxxxxxxce Adopted HalfbloodThird Year GryffindorReserve Seeker

xxxƜнєη ѕнє ωαѕ נυѕт α gιяℓ, ѕнє єχρєcтє∂ тнє ωσяℓ∂
                                            xxxƁυт ιт ƒℓєω αωαу ƒяσм нєя яєαcн
                                            xxxSσ ѕнє яαη αωαу ιη нєя ѕℓєєρ-
                                            xxxAη∂ ∂яєαмє∂ σƒ ραяα-ραяα-ραяα∂ιѕє, єνєяу тιмє ѕнє cℓσѕє∂ нєя єуєѕ...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Drew was fairly old enough to be wander on her own, at least in the Diagon Alley anyway. Summer was as packed as a stack of hay, so if anything happened she was certain everyone would notice it. Or well, even if she did- the people responsible will have their arses bitten by her angry family. But well, she would like to not jinx it, to be honest. Drew would like to enjoy the day and not worry about her pappa being in a certain intense emotion that he would most likely tuck inside- much to be chagrin. Maybe it was because he was so scared of showing weaknesses or maybe it was because of he had to do it for the sake of others. Maybe that was why Drew found it a good thing that Tante Arni was here, since she sometimes witnessed Arni bullying her dad into at least letting of the steam.

Another thing she had in mind while sitting down and considering the menu was wondering where the hell she came from. Well, duh, of course: mother's womb and science but. Her original gamete donors(?) before she got adopted. She was supposed to not care about it, since she pretty much saw Rubin as a real parent. Drew just wanted to know what made them decided to just dump her in an orphanage and give them a British salute that she's living a better life than them. But seriously though, she was just curious and Drew knew the orphanage she was from- she could try going there if she can. But well, she could think about that later- thought Drew doubted her pappa would be happy to hear that.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                            xxxLιƒє gσєѕ ση, ιт gєтѕ ѕσ нєανу-
                                            xxxƬнє ωнєєℓ вяєαкѕ тнє вυттєяƒℓу, єνєяу тєαя α ωαтєяƒαℓℓ
                                            xxxIη тнє ηιgнт, тнє ѕтσяму ηιgнт, ѕнє'∂ cℓσѕє нєя єуєѕ
                                            xxxIη тнє ηιgнт, тнє ѕтσяму ηιgнт, αωαу ѕнє'∂ ƒℓу-
                                            xxxAη∂ ∂яєαм σƒ ραяα-ραяα-ραяα∂ιѕє!

wιтн [herself] ᴀᴛ [Ice Cream Shop]
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                            SIGNATURE SONG 】-【 ATTIRE 】-【 PERSONAL FILES

OOC xxx
                                            ((ooc))

oyehh

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:36 pm
User Image

E L I Z A B E T HxxxW H Y T E

THIRDxYEARxxxxxxHUFFLEPUFFxxxxxxRESERVExSEEKER

Lizzy couldn't get out of the house fast enough. She felt guilty about it, leaving Aunt Eve and her grandparents alone, but Peter was there and her parents were trying to play nice and at that time, going out seemed like the best idea ever. Her parents objected of course, as did Aunt Eve, but Rey talked her into letting her go with supervision on the excuse that she needed more supplies and Lizzy had never felt more grateful to her cousin. Her parents still didn't want her to go but as far as she knew, her grandparents and aunt had more authority on account of actually being present in the last few years.

It didn't take them long to reach the alley and Lizzy wandered around with her cousin following, content to enjoy the scenery. Home was different ever since they came back, her aunt's house, her grandparents, even the bookstore, it was so sombre and serious, quite unlike before and it was obvious why. But here in the alley, the familiar colourful stores and the crowds of students and adults were a refreshing change. Rey went into Magical Menagerie for some food for the cats to keep their cover and but other than cooing over the animals, they shared a comfortable silence, at least until Lizzy spotted Drew at Florean's. Suddenly overcome by the need to talk to her friend, she turned to Rey.

"Uh, so I know you told Aunt Eve that you'll be with me the entire time, but can you, um, urgently look for a book or something? Just for a few minutes, and I won't be far," she hurried to reassure her, unconsciously glancing at Florean's before turning pleading eyes on her cousin.

Rey immediately understood and smirked slightly, although Lizzy could sense her hesitation. "And then have you suddenly kidnapped and killed, ensuring my death by my mum's hands?" Lizzy cringed at that and Rey's smile turned apologetic, immediately regretting her unnecessarily sardonic reply. "Sorry, but you know I can't let you do that. I promised."

"But it won't be long! I'll be a Florean's and there are people there, it'll be fine, please? My friend's there," she tried again, attempting to pull off the big-eye looks that cats make that she knew Rey was weak against, and it seemed to work.

Rey held out for a few moments before sighing in resignation. "Okay, fine, but I'll just be outside, you know we can't stay for long."

Cheering internally, Lizzy sent her a grateful smile before hurrying inside and making a beeline for her friend. "Hey Drew," she greeted her friend, hesitating slightly before sliding into the seat in front of her. "It's really nice to see you here, how was your summer?" She felt guilty for not talking to her, or many of her friends at the end of last year, but she really missed them.

a txxFlorean Fortescue'sxxxxxw i t hxxDrew
                                                            f e e l i n gxxhappyxxxxxw e a r i n gxxcasual clothes

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        - - - - - - - - -

Julian Galaksylph

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:50 pm
Rebecca Joanne Richardson
Slytherin Second Year
Half Blood Magic Enthusiast

Location : Florean's Ice Cream Shop

Rebecca was hoping that when she got back from school for summer break that things might be different. However, home life didn’t change much at all. As much as the Slytherin hoped her house would improve her mother’s opinion of her it did no such thing. Her mother still very much ignored her even though her father was happy to see her return. Even her sister was happy to see her although there was no surprise there.

With her mother ignoring her Rebecca found things even more frustrating. Course her mother would never allow her to go out never mind have someone come over. Every attempted to had tried to hang with Sabrina had been foiled. As it sat she was becoming increasingly bored as the days and weeks went on. Thus, she decided to sneak out of the house. Father was busy and couldn’t take her out. While mother was busy with Sabrina. It wasn’t like the women would notice her absences. Writing a note for her father, Rebecca headed for the fireplace.

At no time at all the twelve year old had flooed herself to Diagon Alley. To the freedom the alley gave her. A part of Rebecca felt bad for leaving Sabrina with their mother but what could she do. She needed to get out of that house. As big as it was the house elves were not enough company for her liking. No offense to the house elves. To take her mind of bailing on her sister she found herself at the ice cream shop. Nothing like ice cream to calm one’s guilt. Not that she needed much calming on that one.

Company : No one yet

Attire : White Sun Dress

OOC : - - -

Yukina101

Ah, child, it isn't you who are lacking, I promise
                                                  Your worth isn't measured by your house
                                                  And it isn't for your mother's sake that I tell you
                                                  Your cunning and determination will serve you quite well in
                                                  Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:57 am
Remember when we were lost at sea?
We would look at the bright night sky
Thinking of, what we could be
What we could be
How to spend our lives

» Owl Eɴтнυѕιαѕт » Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yeαr

.¸¸.•´´¯`•Since starting school, Laili had been upgraded, in a sense, in terms of responsibilities. Not just regarding household chores but also in the work sense. Like her brother, she was now working actual shifts at her dads' stores which was both awesome and horrible at the same time. She loved going to work with her Dad and his owls and she absolutely adored every owl she came in contact with, even the mean ornery ones! What she didn't like was that her newest job had her cleaning cages. And not just replacing the papers at the bottom of the cages but actually scrubbing cages. And some of them were just plain....ugh! As much as she loved the babies, they were the worse offenders when it came to cage cleanliness and to be fair, cleanliness overall. But she'd much rather do baby owl baths then clean their horribly smelly cage. Luckily though since she hadn't yet hit teenagehood (she hadn't thought she'd ever be happy about that!) she was allowed more and sometimes longer breaks, though honestly it was probably because there was no way she could get home unless she used the floo in the Leaky Cauldron. And she like living thank you very much!

So she found herself on one of her first breaks of the day with a handful of coins from her Dad telling her she could go treat herself at the ice cream store which really, he didn't need to say twice! There was a sort of long line, which there almost always was, and she very eagerly jumped into it behind a girl who looked sort of her age. And kinda familiar. There weren't a whole whole lot of redheads at Hogwarts so really it should've been easier to remember who this girl was. Finally it hit the blonde after about a minute and before she could stop them words began tumbling out of her mouth. "Slytherin! You're a Slytherin! That's why I'm having such a hard time placing your name!" Laili said brightly before her eyes and mouth widened in mortification of what she'd just said. "I am sosososo sorry! I really didn't mean it to come out like that! It's just that, I remember pretty much all the first year Hufflepuffs, 'cause I am one, most of the Gryffindors and most of the Ravenclaws, but like, I was having a hard time placing you so I figured you had to be one of the Slytherin's I hadn't really met which is a crime considering we're in all the same classes!" the blonde Puff flushed through her rambling and hoped the girl in front didn't think her a lunatic, though she wouldn't blame her at. All. "Sorry again. Sometimes my mouth says stuff before my brain can catch it. I'm Laili by the way if you weren't thinking of running for your life away from this crazy person." Laili giggled with a sheepish look.

Remember when we had nothing left?
We were strung out in the cold
Holding on, trying to save our breath
Trying to save our breath
We would not let go

murruelecreuset

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff