Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 2a: Akatsuki/Dawn Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Tei Kae rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 7 Total: 16 (2-20)

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:12 pm
Earth Roll Go!  
Tei Kae rolled 2 10-sided dice: 8, 3 Total: 11 (2-20)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:14 pm
Attack roll go!!!

Katana/Unskilled 2k2 = 11

This was so not her style. How about one of those Bushi doing their damned job already. She swung again, and was growing more and more frustrated. Even as a shujenga he was out of her league. "Bushi! to me!"

Because her player doesn't really know what to say in this situation!  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:44 pm
Round 5

51 - Agasha Ryuden, 18 damage, Grazed (-5), Wakizashi drawn, Full Attack Stance
22 - Shosuro Miyako, 12 damage, Grazed (-5), Katana drawn, Blood Commanded (-0 penalty), TN+5 from being Guarded.
11 - Heichi Escapee, Katana drawn, 8 damage, Nicked (-3)(-10), Guarding Miyako
4 - Enthralled Teenager, 16 damage, Hurt (-10), Dagger Drawn
X - Heichi Ninsei
X - Heichi Prisoner, Katana drawn, 32 damage, Out

--------------------

Miyako tries to call for reinforcements, but a fierce battle rages on behind her - it is uncertain if anyone heard the call. Regardless, she would attempt to make another attack towards Ryuden, her arc wide and predictable.

The Bushi who was already by her side tried to take a defensive, protective stance. Unfortunately, that puts his attack roll in the negatives and no longer poses a threat to Ryuden.

"What a time..." Ryuden would start to say as he readied his short sword. "... where the Buke think they can rule a world without dirtying their hands by using the very blades they've been charged with. Here, let me show you..."

Ryuden goes into a Full Attack stance, and pushes past the Bushi to get to Miyako. He spends 2 free raises to add to his attack roll.

Attack roll: 30 vs TN 18, 12 damage.

"... how it's done." With his blade slicing viciously into Miyako's side, she is left Grazed and bleeding!

And then he directs his intense stare down at her, trying to force his will upon her once more.

Raw Earth Roll of 28

Miyako, resist Blood Command, and go! You and your Bushi minion each have three free raises against Ryuden!  
Tei Kae rolled 11 10-sided dice: 1, 7, 10, 5, 3, 4, 3, 3, 9, 3, 10 Total: 58 (11-110)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:33 pm
Resisting Blood Command: First 2 Rolls: 2k2 =8
Second 3: Using 3 Free Raises to move into Full Attack with 2k2 +15= 28
Last 6: Using own 2 Free Raises to increase Damage = 4k2 +10 =23

The pain racked Miyako's body as she moved to the offensive in a much more dramatic way than she was used to. At least if she was going down, she wasn't going down without a fight. She was a Scorpion! As her blade swung true, she had to pray it was enough for some of the Boar to escape even as she felt the earth coming up to meet her. Maybe one of the Samurai she'd recruited would do some more damage.  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:23 pm
Round 6

49 - Agasha Ryuden, 34 damage, Injured (-15), Unarmed
22 - Shosuro Miyako, 12 damage, Crippled (-20), Katana drawn, Blood Commanded (-0 penalty), Full Attack
11 - Heichi Escapee, Katana drawn, 8 damage, Hurt (-10)(-10), Full Attack
4 - Enthralled Teenager, 18 damage, Injured (-15), Dagger Drawn
X - Heichi Ninsei

--------------------

Blood Command result: -20 penalty

Pushing past the crippling pain Miyako felt, she pushed herself into a drastic charge in an effort to wound the Maho-Tsukai before her. It was a desperate gambit; however, it was one that would not pay off, as Ryuden easily sidestepped the blow that he had goaded Miyako into.

The Bushi would stop guarding her and attempt to capitalize on Ryuden's open spot, putting all 5 free raises into accuracy. His reckless attack would pay off, forcing Ryuden to spend a void point to dodge a rather vicious wound, reducing the damage dealt down to 16!

"Nnng... enough of this!" Ryuden exclaims, dropping his wakizashi and grabbing a scroll. He quickly begins to mutter, raising once to choose both active opponents as targets of the spell. "Drain Soul!" he chants, as corrupt earth spirits leap from the wounds of the constantly-withering teenager and begin to whirl around Miyako and the active Bushi.

Miyako's and the Bushi's Staminas are reduced by 1. This sets the Bushi to Hurtsville, and Miyako is currently crippled! The duration of this spell is 5 minutes.

The corrupt spirits seem to wither both enemies of Ryuden, causing Miyako to weaken and emaciate. Her own strength seems to leave her, leaving her just barely enough to allow her to continue standing.

Not able to take another simple action this turn, Miyako is spared the wracking pains of Blood Command!

Miyako, go!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:42 pm
Knowing that she couldn't handle anymore and really shouldn't have in the first place, as the blow struck, Miyako's mind was still going. Ninsei! He was the only one who was capable of leading the Boar. She'd had her try at taking down the Mahosuki. So instead, she backtracked, trying to get back to Ninsei, even while dealing with her own wounds. Letting the one Samurai keep him as busy as possible, she'd head towards him if she was able.  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:01 pm
Round 7

49 - Agasha Ryuden, 34 damage, Injured (-15), Dagger Drawn, Full Attack
22 - Shosuro Miyako, 12 damage, Crippled (-20), Katana drawn, Blood Commanded (-0 penalty), Full Attack
4 - Enthralled Teenager, 18 damage, Injured (-15), Dagger Drawn
X - Heichi Ninsei
X - Heichi Escapee, Katana drawn, 18 damage, Out

--------------------

Miyako, now in a state of concern and panic, turns and retreats back towards Ninsei. All around her, she could hear the Boar getting beaten down and recaptured. Yells, screams echoed in this hall; not death cries, but cries of terror and hopeless defeat.

She hears the bushi make a kiai shout as he rushed forward to attack, but he almost immediately grew silent.

Ninsei was still ahead, but had fallen to his knees, his left arm still braced against the wall. His head hung down from the kneeling position, and if he was still alive, he was unconscious and from his pallor, hanging on by a thread.

Hurried footsteps sounded from behind Miyako; not a run, but a determined, malevolent walk. Everything was falling apart!

Miyako, go!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:06 pm
"Where's a Kami blessed Hare when you need one," She muttered, trying her best to help Ninsei to rise even as she kept her guard up as best she was able. Even if she was going to be struck down, it damned well wouldn't be from the back. "Come on, Ninsei-sama. The Boar need your last breath and you have sworn it to them."

But she couldn't burden herself with the man too much or she'd not even stand any chance of defending them both. She really wished she knew more about the Mahosuki, but it seemed her education and life would likely be brief.  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:18 pm
Ninsei was so heavy... oh so heavy... slumped over her shoulder, weapon in hand, she turned to face the coming enemy.

As she turned to face Ryuden, he quickly closed the distance, whacking Miyako hard across the face with the butt of his weird curvy knife, and everything became black, the floor rushing to consume her.

--------------------

The first sensation Miyako would get would be the cold feel of metal against her backside.

The second would be the burning tightness of rope against her wrists and ankles, holding them tightly to the sides of the thing she was laying atop of.

The third thing would be the cool, damp air against her naked, exposed flesh as she lay face up.

"Master, she stirs!" a voice would say.  
Tei Kae rolled 16 10-sided dice: 9, 10, 8, 3, 6, 3, 10, 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 5, 4, 9, 9 Total: 96 (16-160)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:48 pm
5: Agility/Sleight of Hand 4k2 Just to see if she could get free without being too obvious - 1 raise =20

11: 9k4 + 5 Deceit/Awareness =41
Free Raise +1 raise: to give as much disdain as possible.

As she woke, she pulled her own emotions together and mustered as much disdain as she could manage in her uncomfortable state. "Well, I didn't know Mahotsuki used -that- particular blood for spells. The ultimate corruption, hmm? No wonder you have to resort to blood magic, nice revenge on all those rejected suits."  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:12 pm
The bonds would be fairly secure and taut, giving no leeway to escape with that roll.

Agasha Ryuden would be standing not too terribly far away; his back was not to her, but his attention had been elsewhere. Turning to face her, he would listen to her words - before rolling his eyes.

"I am not some untimely ronin, Scorpion. I am a samurai, as you are. Your body has not and will not be used in that fashion. Tell me, how good are you with your history?"

Turning to face her, he had a strange, curved dagger in his hand; not unlike one of her own tanto, it seemed more ornamental than functional. It glistened in the torchlight with bloodstains, a tiny droplet working its way down the edge.

After hearing her response, he would look her body up and down - though not in a sexual way in the slightest, so it was probably a good deal more uncomfortable. "Tell me, what do you know... of the Anvil of Despair?"  
Tei Kae rolled 11 10-sided dice: 2, 5, 1, 6, 8, 2, 3, 10, 10, 6, 10 Total: 63 (11-110)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:17 pm
Miyako absolutely refused to squirm or show any discomfort under the man's gaze and kept her own steadily upon him, her disgust still showing. "I know that Ambition and the other Kenchi were forged upon it. Most Samurai children know that."perhaps only Scorpion children with a morbid sense of curiosity but what her Father didn't know she read wouldn't hurt him. Still the urge to protect her hide overrode even still.

She tried to think of what she knew and how things were piecing together. There'd been something about that much Maho being a big deal to be able to create weapons of that magnitude. And there was still no proof. And now she knew that the Agasha wanted blood sacrifice...

"You're going to sacrifice the entire Boar clan, aren't you?"
Why was there a hint of sadness in her voice? It wasn't as if they weren't already dead in her time. She'd gotten caught up in saving her own skin...which was really what she needed to be focusing on right now in the first place. As much as her positioning would allow, her face farrowed into thought. "And probably myself as well, but I think you'll have a problem there."

Deceit/Awareness + (1k0)+5 (social)+ Free (voice) +1 raise for buying some time.
8k4 = 50  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:03 am
((Actually, if you want to stall for time, Etiquette (Conversation) is the skill to roll. I just don't see how Deceit is being used in this situation.))

As Miyako would notice around Ryuden, several Boar samurai idled about, observing with only the slightest interest. Even as she mentioned their sacrifice, no recognition of that implication seemed to register on their faces.

"Yes, I do. And yes, I did. When we come from, that horrible, beautiful action was taken centuries ago, long before I was born. I have come back to complete that cycle, to ensure that the loop of history completes itself."

Miyako, you seem to have gotten him talking for a bit.

"You might even say that I'm giving more for the Empire than you ever would have. Who knows what the implications of a broken time loop would be - the Rokugan we both know could be gone. You and I might not even exist. Rokugan might not even exist." Kneeling down to grab at a pile of garments that Miyako would recognize as her current belongings, he would pull out her mask.

"Far more noble a task than the paltry courtly parlor tricks that you Scorpion engage in, don't you think?" Holding her mask up for her to see, he would flick it over her body, to the opposite side of the Anvil that he stood.

Do you follow it or stay focused on Ryuden?  
Tei Kae rolled 11 10-sided dice: 2, 2, 5, 7, 1, 3, 1, 3, 7, 4, 7 Total: 42 (11-110)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:19 am
Miyako's eyes stayed focused on the Shugenja as she listened to him rant and even after he threw his mask to her. "I may engage in paltry parlor tricks, but if you truly understood your part, you would not mock it so. As you say, the loop completes itself. But if you study a rope, you know that it is made of several cords of material. A piece if you will, and each piece that is woven into that rope is part of it, and each part taken from it weakens it. Just by bringing me here, you took a chance on weakening the rope."

She paused thoughtfully. "Though I still don't understand that piece. Why did you bring a Scorpion here? And why the girl? It would seem to me that like a lie or secret, each new person that knows about it, makes it that more likely to be found out or changed." After all, she thought either he'd brought her there or something else had that could change the game. And there was a little girl involved as well.

Etiquette/Awareness + (1k0)+5 (social)+ Free (voice) +1 raise for getting info while buying time.
8k4 = 23  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:36 am
"Bringing you here? You came to me. You inspired that failed jailbreak, didn't you? It crumpled as you had. It seemed only fitting to spill the blood of someone so feisty upon my new Anvil. Unless you mean to this time? I didn't bring anyone; we goaded the buke until a magistrate came looking, and spilled his blood to complete the ritual. We went through a lot of Crab until this Phoenix came along that had the right ancestry."

Crossing his arms, he would tap his chin with his left hand. "I'm guessing that you wandered into the portal as it was still fading. It must have not been an instantaneous effect as we had thought. When I get back to the present, I'll inform Yajinden-sempai." Shaking his head out of a thoughtful daze, he would return his attentions to Miyako.

"Oh! What girl? You mean the one I was chasing before? She ran off with some of my scrolls, concerning the proper curses required for the Anvil. I committed most of them to memory, and though I was nervous, after the first couple sacrifices, I'm now confident I can do them without the scrolls. Still, I have a couple of her Clansmen looking for her as we speak. They are rather valuable, nonetheless."

Around that time, a young, feminine series of shrieks could be heard. Pausing to look towards the stairwell, Ryuden would wait until a samurai of the Boar came, unceremoniously carrying Heichi Omiko under his arm as she kicked and fought.

Looking up to see the scene before her, the color would drain from her face and she would begin to scream and scream and scream. Ryuden seemed unbothered by this.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff