Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:43 pm
"Knowledge is Power"

"The best defense is a good offense"

User Image

Arnold Cloud
Thoughts:
Desires:

Arnold walked down the street after leaving the book shop, minding his own business. He needed to make some new friends, for he really didn't keep in touch with his old ones, due to the fact that he was entirely too busy to do so. The only good friend from school that he had however, died a couple years ago when he tried to domesticate a dragon, which everyone knows is a near impossible task. Arnold still misses his best friend to this day, but that still didn't give him the right to be anti-social. He would just find his way around and meet some people. A lot of people seemed to be interested in him anyway, due to his position in the ministry. A lot of women liked him, but there was never a girl who was down to Earth. They always had their head stuck up in the clouds. He wanted a girl who did not think much on the future and just thought about what they could do now to make life better, but to find a girl like that is to find a needle in the haystack, nearly impossible. But there is an emphasis on the word nearly, showing that it was indeed possible, unlikely, but possible.

Arnold was having a fairly good day. He was doing some reconnaissance in Diagon Alley, making sure everything was in order. It seemed so at that point. Diagon Alley never really had something going wrong. There really hasn't been much lately in the activity department. That's okay though, it makes his job easier.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:19 pm
User Image
User Image

Bailey swept through the streets of Diagon Alley with a lighter mood than she had upon arriving, and the pockets of her emerald green cloak were considerably lighter, as well. Her mum was finally getting the business she desired at Gladrags, which had finally resulted in a much-needed deposit at Gringotts.
Swinging her arms to the beat of a song that had been playing in an endless loop in her head since morning, the woman crossed the street to avoid a crowded vendor, and spotted one of her fellow co-workers as she went.
The man's face had always appeared to her so familiar, ever since she had been hired on as an auror. However, much to her agitation, Bailey couldn't manage to come up with a reasonable idea of where they might have met. She hadn't recalled his name from her school days, but she could have been wrong. For all she knew, perhaps he had been just another customer at her mother's shop, a face that had happened to stick with her.
She nodded her head and greeted him with a quiet,
"G'day, Arthur," as she passed him, his features seeming to strike a resemblance even more so at his notice of her acknowledgement.
As she had passed him, her mind began to ramble off into the sunset, until she spotted a quidditch display in one of the shop windows. Weedling her way over to it, she realized that none of the brooms nor equipment were actually real. Instead, they were merely figurines made to serve as toys for children. Smiling at the creative idea, her eyes lingered on a life-like snitch made of rubber. The sight of it instantly reminded her of the real-size snitch that still sat on her bed-side dresser. It was composed of intricately carved wood and flawless details, and on the bottom was a heart-felt thank-you inscription. It had been a graduation gift from one of her former teammates back at Hogwarts.
Her smile flourished now as she tried to recall the boy's name--he had been considerably younger than her, and she sometimes found it hard to keep track of all those she had coached throughout her seven years. What was it..? Cramer... Collins... Cloud! Devin Cloud! That was it. She thought to herself happily, tightening her cloak as she took one last look at the snitch.
Just as she was turning back to the street, she caught another glimpse of Arthur in the reflection of the shop window, which stopped her in her path. "Cloud..." The name sounded more familiar than ever now on her tongue as she tried to remember Arthur's last name, however, she wasn't sure if she had ever known it to begin with. Nevertheless, the fresh image of Devin in her head had finally answered her question of why she thought Arthur to be familiar.
Turning on her heels, she headed back towards him, with no idea of whether or not he was actually related to Devin, but fully intent on finding out, simply to satisfy her stubborn curiosity.
"Sorry to bother you, Arthur, I'm sure you're probably busy. It's just...well, I have the most tenacious suspicion that you might be related to one of my former housemates back at Hogwarts. He was younger than me, but I coached him on the quidditch team... Devin Cloud?" She asked politely, studying his features now more than ever. They really did look similar. If it weren't for his dark hair so unlike Devin's golden locks, Bailey felt as if she would have been positive in her assumption.

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:41 pm
"Knowledge is Power"
User Image
Arnold Cloud
Thoughts: Why did she call me Arthur?"
Desires: To Go Home

Arnold chuckled as the girl who was slightly younger butchered his name. He has never heard Arthur hefore, but honestly, he found it excruciatingly funny. He knew that she would figure out that she messed up his name after a few moment. He decided to shorten that time period by telling her.

"Uhm...Bailey...hate to tell yuh this, but my name is Arnold," he said to her, chuckling at her mistake. That's when he was caught by surprise. She had said something about his brother, Devin. Devin was always the kid that Arnold loved the most, but he wouldn't tell anybody else that. He then turned back to Bailey, ready to answer her question.

" Yes indeed, I am his brother. What a small world this is," he said, looking around as they walked.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:41 pm
User Image
User Image

Bailey cringed at Arnold's response. She knew his name was Arnold--of course his name was Arnold! How could she have messed up such a simple name? Rolling her eyes at herself for getting her co-worker's name mixed up with that of her boss, she gave the man a sincere look and a much due apology. "So sorry, hun. Have a lot on my mind today. You know how it is..." Her plea sounded true enough, but she couldn't help but feel bad. However, as soon as Arnold answered the question she had sought, she couldn't help but be distracted.
"Really? Small world, indeed. That means you're Josh's brother, as well? And another quidditch star, no doubt?" Her playful tone diluted her words as she spoke, though she hoped she didn't cross any lines by mentioning his famous brother. Bailey could still remember how Devin had been a little reluctant to mention Josh, and she only hoped she didn't raise any similar feelings in his brother.

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:37 pm
"Knowledge is Power"

User Image

Arnold Cloud
Thoughts: So much work to be done
Desires: Get some sleep

"It is quite alright, it happens," he said, chuckling. It was rather funny that the girl mistakened his name for his boss's even though they were both completely different. It actually made Arnold's week in a way. Lately, it seemed as if he was stressed 20 of the 24 hours during the day, for the other four he was usually sleeping. So, Arnold really needed that laugh to get his mind off the recent events. Auror was most definitely an arduous occupation, but he was glad to have the position, for it had many, many perks to go along with it, and it was most definitely a rush.

"But yes, I am Josh's brother. But no, I wouldn't call myself a Quidditch Star. I was not a star, but I was very good nonetheless. If I hadn't become an Auror, I may have went on to become a Quidditch Player for England, but I would not have made first string," he admitted to her, bringing back memories of his school years. He missed them at times, but he was on to bigger and much better things now. He looked at her, wondering what her answer to his wonderful little anecdote was.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:56 pm
User Image
User Image

Bailey couldn't help but giggle at Arnold's response. "If you're good enough to make it into the International Quidditch League—no matter how much you actually get to play—that qualifies you as a star in my book," she commented, a bit bewildered now as she wondered how so much talent could fit into a single family.

"So..." she began, wondering if the question she was about to ask was too personal for a couple of co-workers. "You have an older brother to look up to, and a younger brother to look up to you. Sounds like a steady pattern building. Is it just you and your two brothers, then? No sisters?" She couldn't help but ask, though she knew she was beginning to pry a little too deep into this man's life, considering she had barely ever talked to him before now.

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:49 pm
"Knowledge is Power"

User Image

Arnold Cloud
Thoughts: Finally
Desires: Some friends

"Well, we actually have three more people in our family, but two of them are adopted. We have my biological siser, Krystal, who is actually a Hit Wizard; so you could imagine the rivalry there. My other little sister is Selena. And then there is little Calvin. Poor boy has been through lot. Other than my parents, that pretty much rounds out my family. Do you have any siblings, if I may ask of course," he asked her. If he was going to get a little personal, then she would too. It was only fair. He chuckled at that thought. He honestly enjoyed that this woman was talking to him. He needed a friend, for he lost many of them because of his work. He couldn't keep up with them.

They stood on the sidewalks of Diagon Alley. Finally, Arnold looked like just another civilian. Except, instead of gossiping, he was getting to know a seemingly very nice woman. He kept eye contact like he usually did, for he always knew eye contact met comfort between the two socializing and that they were interested. He made sure it wasn't a stare that would creep the girl out however. That was the last thing he wanted to do. Scare his coworkers.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:55 pm
User Image
User Image

Bailey was surprised to hear that Arnold had such a large family--something she had always dreamed of. "Wow, adopted? That's so generous. And it must be nice having such a large family," she mused, pausing for a moment before considering her own side of the story. "Well, actually it's just me. My dad left my mum before I was even born, and she never got remarried so...yeah. But my uncle Braylon is pretty immature, so it's kind of like having an older brother. " Her sweet voice blended well with her laughter, and her smile grew wider as she thought about the fact that Braylon truly was a child at heart.

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

AirRoa

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:47 pm
Invidia pressed her nose against the shop glass. Peering pass the display of books into the musty interior. The grime, however, got in the ways much to her annoyance. Leaning away she glared at the offending dust, she muttered, "I figured Flourish and Blotts would be in better care... instead its all dusty."

"Invidia, stop that this instance. We already have all your school books order and it is unbecoming for a lady of you're standing to press their nose's against disgusting window," her mother chided.

"It wouldn't a disgusting window if they clean it up a bit,"Invidia replied as she walked after the retreating figure of her mother.

Dodging around another person, she came up beside the hurrying form of her mother. Once she was sure she was within hearing distance, she said after her, "Mum, if we've already gotten my books and such. Shouldn't we done? I don't fancy being out and about today, it looks like it might rain here."

"Dear, we've only got a bit more shopping to do. Then we'll be off to home and done for the summer, okay," her mother replied, but she too shot a glance towards the sky. Her pace picked up a bit.

She too sent a cautious glance up at the sky, whose grey clouds seemed to swirl far too low to the ground for Invidia's comfort. She continued to eye them suspiciously into she bumped into something. Stumbling back, she somehow managed to keep herself from tripping.

"Mind, where you're going?" she muttered and then glanced toward the strange.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Diana couldn't help, but raise an eyebrow at the accusation. She hadn't been the one sky gazing a minute ago. She paused for a moment, wondering if there were standards of etiquette for situations like these.

"Oy, Dia darling, where have you wondered off too!" sang a deep voice far off ahead.

She shrugged, really this no time to consider if there was. Stopping her inspection of the curious girl she simply murmured, "I do find cloud gazing interesting and these do seem particular heavy...so I suppose I ought to apologize. Your cloud gazing is far more excusable then my feet dragging. Sorry bout bumping into you then."

With that she started off, hoping that she find her Uncle somewhere in the mass of robes and people.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It took only a second, then Invidia was back on point. Turning quickly, she tried to find the girl, the first girl her own age, that she had ever met. In truth, she had bumped into her, but what really mattered was that she wasn't like any other girl she had ever met. It was a pleasant change from the snide comments or the underhanded smiles.

"Wa-wait a minute!" Invidia hurried the other girl. She scrambled between two tall witches, who were having a conversation and then spotted the girl's dark auburn hair disappearing around yet another figure. Hurrying forward, she just managed to clasp the other girl's arm.

"Yo-you can't just wonder off... you have wait for me to accept your apology. Proper etiquette skills and all that. So your apology is accepted, Miss..." she trailed off to allow the other girl to fill in the blank.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Knightingale, though I suppose you could call me Diana... I figure we'd best get to know each other, else you're running after me seems weird," Diana said nonchalantly.

For a moment she simply stared at the other girl. Then said, "Where are your parents? I can't imagine you came to Diagon Alley by yourself."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Invidia blinked, then turned around she couldn't see her mother anywhere. Still turning, she almost hoped that somehow her mother had merely passed her. Instead she saw the varied colours of green, purple, and beyond of the robes and outfits of those along the Alley.

"Oh, hell," she muttered then turned back to her friend. She meet her eyes for a moment and then said, "Well, I was here with my mum, but I seemed to have lost her and well I don't fancy walking around here by myself...so..."

She wasn't sure what to do, she had rarely gone anywhere by herself. This was the first time she was a lone, with a practical stranger. Who, while rather kind and didn't seem unstable, didn't seem nearly as worried. She had been rushing off somewhere earlier, Invidia recalled then sighed, "Well I suppose you've lost your relative too. So what do you think we should do? Want to search for them?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment, Diana just stared at the girl. She was an odd one, for a moment Diana almost felt like she too she go off searching for her Uncle, but she didn't. Perhaps that made her just as odd.

"Are you hunger? We could go to the ice cream parlour... since I've got a bit of a coinage on me," Diana suggested presenting her coin purse to the other girl. The other girl, wasn't really a nice thing to call a girl you were offering to buy food for. For a moment she glanced up at the sky trying to figure out how to handle that. Then decided that just asking was the best course, "You mind sharing your own name? I don't fancy calling you 'other girl' or 'girl' all the time."

Invidia raised an eyebrow at the purse and then shifted her gaze to the girl beyond it. She was staring off into space, which reenforced Invidia's notion that the girl was just a touch off. Still, she was offering ice cream which was better than wondering about aimlessly. Shrugging she figured that her mother would just come to find her. She didn't need her really, not now that she had gotten her robes, wand, and books. Everything else didn't require her to be around.

She smiled as she looped her arm through Diana's lank arm, "My name is Invidia Thorn and I hope you don't mind, but I've been eager to try one of those sundaes."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:44 am
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

Fourth Year, Slytherin Seeker
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

Long ivory fingers swayed to the rhythmic beat of her wave in tangent with Devin’s own, a parting signal to the family of her closest friend as they absorbed in the world of the magical street and all of its grandeur, Diagon Alley. A serene smile graced her features as her pale green misted gaze focused upon the many intricate window shops and the decorated displays featured within. The warm, crisp sun beat down from the crystal blue sky overhead scarcely kissed with generous puffs of white marshmallow clouds. The warm weather had provoked her decision for a sleek white sundress of simple cotton silk that twirled with ease, and a petite handbag that held the smallest rustle of coin, a small and common bronze key that unlocked a vault at Gringotts that her father had given her just at the start of summer, and her wand of Hornbeam.

”Where should we go first, Devin?’ She inquired with a chipper chime, a bounce of sway in her step as she gliding along past the commotion of hoots at the owl shop, and towards Weasleys Wizard Weezes, Quality Quidditch Supplies, and Florean Fortescues ice Cream Parlour. ”joke shop,” she pointed with a pearl white nail, ”—or ice cream parlour?”

Desires: Excitement
Troubles: Indecisive

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image

Does what I'm wearing seem to shock you?.....
Well, that's okay
'Cause what I'm thinking about you.....
is not okay
I've got it on my mind to change my ways
But I don't think I can be anything other than me
No, I don't think I can be anything other than me

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:45 pm
User Image

Richard Drage
First Year - Unsorted
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Rick sighed as he walked through the street. His brother just had to come with him, and what made it worse was that he decided he was going to be his shadow. His father was currently buying his school supplies, which left him with an opportunity to wander around the busy thoroughfare. He just wished at this point that he could at least ditch his little brother and go look at other things. He looked over to the Quidditch store, trying to decide if he wanted to go in there or not, when he spotted the ice cream parlour. "Hey, Jacob, you want to go get some ice cream?" He figured he might be able to get some time to himself if Jacob was at least somewhere else, so he waited to see if his brother would go for it or not.

----------------------------------
State: Annoyed
OOC: ...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:03 pm
User Image

Jacob Drage
9 Years Old

`•» »-(¯`v´¯)-»

Jacob stuck his tongue out of his mouth when his brother asked him about ice cream. He remembered that was a trick Rick used often to try and leave him behind. "You'll just end up leaving me again, just like last time." He pouted then, wishing his brother would at least let him in on where he was going to go. He knew his brother needed to get his wand, and he was wanting to see what kind he got.

State: Curious
OOC: ...

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:10 pm
User Image

Richard Drage
First Year - Unsorted
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Rick sighed as he looked at his brother. Guess he'd used that particular trick one too many times, he thought. "Fine, we'll both go, but I want to see what's in the quidditch shop at some point. I know I can't have a broom, but it couldn't hurt to take a look, right?" He then looked over at his brother as he nodded and the two of them made their way to the shop.

State: Annoyed
OOC: Next post in Florean Fortescue's

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:26 pm

𝖂illiam 𝕯ante 𝕹ott the 𝕿hird
User Image

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

Side by side, the two had more in common than one would ever notice, from the perilous golds of their eyes to the chiseled and hardened facial structure barren into a grim and straight faced line. As the weeks of summer passed, the young heir to the Nott castle had grown at least a plummeting five inches, sky rocketing from just barely past the five foot to an average height for a male his age. His grandfather had told him that some of the more unfortunate men in their line were susceptible to this late, and rapid, spurt of growth. Not only that, but the round childish caress of youth had lingered from his bones, leaving a hardened and square jaw. But his auburn tresses still fell naturally and boyishly, framing those golden eyes. Those lithe muscles that had always been there seemed more defined and lean.

”If you keep like this, we’ll have to get you two different sets of robes for school before come fall,” the elder Nott depicted with a casual nod of note. Beside him, the young heir could only shrug his shoulders; after all, it was about time.

”Grandfather,” Tay called unto him as they strode side by side, glancing to and fro at the many shops and products glistening through the windows, striding past long winded conversations of quidditch and crups. ”Where have you been after all of these years?”

At that instant, Theodore paused to offer a smile of warm sentiment on his age worn and hardened features, beaten and weathered down by life’s tragedies. ”Maybe one day, I’ll tell you, now come along.” The elder man ushered to his grandchild.

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image
𝕿heodore 𝕹ott the 𝕾econd

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games