Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[M&M 2nd edition] 1 AZ - Issue #1 underway! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Brains
  Brains
View Results

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:57 am
The sub-forum for this game is now active.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:28 pm
1 AZ is a go :3  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:23 am
i posted in the OOC thread but i figured i would post here for good measure, so, do you still have room?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:32 am
about the zombification, what are the rules for it. could someone, say, have caught the disease, but survived thanks to some untested medication but with some odd side-effects?

EDIT: along those lines, could mind control be applied to Zombies, and if not, could i possibly have a power that was Zombie Control? Also, it doesn't really say, but as it is a free action to sustain, can one possibly be controlling multiple beings at the same time a/o can the area extra be applied?  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:27 pm
The rules will be houseruled. Basically, if you contract it, you will turn into a zombie between minutes and several days after the initial infection, depending on the severity and closeness to the heart. In short, if you're bitten and/or infected without the Immunity power, you are screwed and might as well say goodbye to the character.

Immunity prevents you from turning into a zombie simply by being bitten.

If you want your super powers/power base to be from untested medication that prevented a full change, you can have that smile I'm going to throw my chips into the background though and suggest that the medication is no longer available. Why not, I'll leave up to you.

For Zombie Mind Control, simply use Mind Control with the Limited: Zombies Only drawback (-1 PP/rank). Controlling multiple zombies via having it be a Sustained duration is possible, as long as you are aware of the limitations of Sustained. Also, being Lasting, they will get continuous saves vs the effect. It is a standard action though, so it's still 1/time. The Area extra will allow you to hit more at a time as per normal rules.

Yes, there's still room.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:39 pm
This just get's more interesting with every post. Both this thread and the actual IC thread.  

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Cathy Lee

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:31 pm
This sounds like fun. May I join?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:59 am
Sorry for my delayed posts, everyone. Tuesday I spend helping someone move, and didn't get back til around 1am. Wednesday I got up at 5:30-6am, went to upstate new york and then drove back, getting back, again, at 1am. Then I was up at 6 the following morning to get ready for work.

A combination of exhaustion and computer frustrations every night ended up making me turn in around 10am every night, so I was able to check the games I'm playing in, and post in I think usually 1 I'm running. I have to go to the DMV to renew my license, which I was going to do first thing this morning. But it was the first morning which I didn't actually HAVE to get up.

So, one 12 hour sleep later, I'm feeling refreshed and postponing my renewal until tomorrow morning instead. Instead of Tuesday/Wednesday off this week, I have Monday/Tuesday, so I should have plenty of time to get all the posting I need!

Via PM, I've been helping Vorastix build a character, since he had a lot of setting-related questions that would influence it. That's been taking up time each night as well. But he's just giving me a preliminary sheet (I'll be auditing it right after this), so looks like we'll have a fifth player. And maybe a sixth!

Cathy Lee

Yes smile  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:15 am
Excellent!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:29 am
Rain Yupa

Cathy Lee

Yes smile
Thank you. I've got my character ready (Mackie helped me).
This is Goldie  

Cathy Lee

Friendly Shapeshifter

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:06 am
Cathy Lee
Rain Yupa

Cathy Lee

Yes smile
This is Goldie

Max skill rank for PL 5 is 10, and you have 11 ranks in Diplomacy. >_>

Mental Link should be a Power Feat under Challenge/Mind Control, not listed seperately under Feats (which are meant for mundane feats). It's important for factoring in any Alternate Powers, if you ever go down that route.

Same with Subtle.

I have you at 75/75, so good job smile You just need to fix a couple things listed above, but it's good to go. I'm kind of sad at the lack of Charisma score though.

Now, for another matter. The current 4 PCs were invited and asked by the military to investigate an empty nearby city, and Goldie was not, how would YOU like to be introduced into game?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:34 am
Rain Yupa
Cathy Lee
Rain Yupa

Cathy Lee

Yes smile
This is Goldie

Max skill rank for PL 5 is 10, and you have 11 ranks in Diplomacy. >_>

Mental Link should be a Power Feat under Challenge/Mind Control, not listed seperately under Feats (which are meant for mundane feats). It's important for factoring in any Alternate Powers, if you ever go down that route.

Same with Subtle.

I have you at 75/75, so good job smile You just need to fix a couple things listed above, but it's good to go. I'm kind of sad at the lack of Charisma score though.

I'll fix the skill thing and move the power feats. I don't have the extra points for the Charisma, though sad

Rain Yupa
Now, for another matter. The current 4 PCs were invited and asked by the military to investigate an empty nearby city, and Goldie was not, how would YOU like to be introduced into game?

She can meet them on the road, on her way to back Raleigh (where she lives) after caring for her (now deceased) grandmother, who had been too sick to move into town.  

Cathy Lee

Friendly Shapeshifter

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:41 am
Well, Cathy, nice to meet you, and it'll be nice to have you aboard.

And Rain I just thought of something. How differnetly would the military's stand off with crazy pete have gone if they'd had one of june's scorpions? In my head I keep imagining the guy surrendering his resources after running out of ammo.

But that is a question that doesn't matter, since the event was in the past before ISSUE #1 started.

What's really getting to me is what will be the reactions of the military personel that are witnessing june and her scorpion walk through the camp? Just thinking about it is making me fall out of my chair laughing.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:43 am
OK, I moved the skill point and the power feats, and I managed to shave a few points here and there to raise her Charisma a bit.  

Cathy Lee

Friendly Shapeshifter

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:56 am
Wire_Colossus
Well, Cathy, nice to meet you, and it'll be nice to have you aboard.

And Rain I just thought of something. How differnetly would the military's stand off with crazy pete have gone if they'd had one of june's scorpions? In my head I keep imagining the guy surrendering his resources after running out of ammo.

But that is a question that doesn't matter, since the event was in the past before ISSUE #1 started.

What's really getting to me is what will be the reactions of the military personel that are witnessing june and her scorpion walk through the camp? Just thinking about it is making me fall out of my chair laughing.

The military hasn't gotten desperate enough to start seizing resources. That would cause strife between them and the civilian populace, and it's much easier to protect people who aren't actively rebelling against you.

Not saying they wouldn't stoop to that eventually. But they haven't gotten that desperate yet is all I'm saying.

If JUNE wants to rob Crazy Pete, then we need to talk. smile Also, I'm sure they were alarmed at first at seeing the scorpion, but figuring zombies walk the earth, they've gotten used to it.

As long as you don't walk it up to them and try to harass them with it. >_>'

HAS June shown off her scorpions before?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff