Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 1 Total: 7 (2-20)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:08 am
Forgot to reroll 2 more d10, since it's 5k3 I should roll:  
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 6, 2, 3, 1, 3, 10 Total: 25 (6-60)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:14 am
Kojiro restrained himself enough to let the Seppun officiator call a start to the match before drawing his Katana and stalking to the Lion's blindside and aiming a blow at Seichiro!.

6k3. Exploding dice will be drawn from unkept dice first.

Total: 22 >< Your go, Keith.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 6 10-sided dice: 8, 9, 7, 3, 6, 1 Total: 34 (6-60)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:19 am
Seichiro would swiftly evade, and quickly counterattacked, sending a downward diagonal slash at the Scorpion.

6k3+3, and I ignore your armor bonus.  
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 3, 5, 6, 7, 2, 9 Total: 32 (6-60)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:28 am
Kojiro's eyes widened as the one-eyed Matsu unleashed a strike that barely missed skewering the Bayushi through a seam in his light armor. The Scorpion took that moment to strike though.

Katana TH: 6k3

Edit: Another 22  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 6 10-sided dice: 5, 9, 2, 8, 1, 5 Total: 30 (6-60)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:37 am
He would quickly sidestep, taking the moment to do a quick horizontal cut across the Scorpion's torso.

6K3+3  
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 1, 8, 10, 1, 3, 3 Total: 26 (6-60)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:43 am
The agile warrior again dodged one of Seichiro's expert blows and growled Where's your family's vaunted rage, Matsu? If you have none to show me, then I'll show you my own!"

Full Attack! Kojiro will use both of his raises to reduce Seichiro's TNtbH to 16! (During Seichiro's turn, Kojiro will be at 15 TNtbH and Seichiro will receive three raises)

Katana: 6K3

Total: 24  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Plainsfox rolled 5 10-sided dice: 7, 3, 5, 9, 3 Total: 27 (5-50)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:45 am
Damage!
5k2

Seichiro takes 16 points of damage, bringing him into Hurt!  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 6 10-sided dice: 1, 8, 4, 4, 3, 4 Total: 24 (6-60)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:56 am
That definitely hurt Seichiro, both physically and a bit of his pride as well. Well then, no more games. He wanted Matsu fury, well, his wish has been granted. he grit his teeth, and tightened the grip on his Katana, and would strike at him, adding a loud Kiai! strike to his attack.

Full Attack Stance 6k3+3, ignoring armor, spending Void point to ignore wound penalties, using 1 of the raises to bring Kojiro's TNBH down -5, for a total of 10 to his BH.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 10 10-sided dice: 8, 6, 5, 9, 2, 8, 6, 9, 4, 3 Total: 60 (10-100)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:00 am
Using 5 raises (4 remaining ones from Full Attack and Kojiro's full attack PLUS a free raise I am granted thanks to my school Rank 1 bonus), 10k4

34 damage?!

If I actually end up killing you, can I like, show restraint with my attack? I don't wanna kill ya :/  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:14 am
A glimmer, just a glimpse of the blade, and fire bloomed across his shoulder. He almost did not believe he had actually been cut so quickly until his left hand touched the wet spot spreading from the part in his cloak. He cracked a weak smile in disbelief. Holding the wound as if he could keep the blood from spilling, and shakily raising his katana in his other hand.

"But a man who stands still goes... goes nowhere..."

In demonstration, or perhaps just irony, the bushi managed but a single step forward, and collapsed first to a knee, eyes going dull and blinking as he struggled to hold his katana high enough to strike and stand again for but a second more.

And collapsed, face down.

Today was not a good day for Denbe.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:27 am
Well, I guess I now know what he was saving his rage for Kojiro thought as Seichiro's katana sliced through his flesh.

The scorpion collapsed onto his knees in pain and disbelief. Am I unready to face you, Great Grandfather?

After that, Kojiro fully fell on the ground, face first.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:43 pm
@ Martial Duels:

Kakita Zanzen and Ujina Denbe would ready their match. Each would stare down the other, each holding the hilts of their katanas firmly. Denbe's sword would be at his side, while Zanzen's would still be SSHHIIINNNNGGGGG~!

... wut.

In a sudden bright flash and a bit of red spray, Denbe would tip over and faceplant into the ground, causing the judging Magistrate to hold his hand up to his face and sigh. That was over too quickly.

Winner: Kakita Zanzen

--------------------

After the twice-defeated Hare was dragged off, a much anticipated matchup would occur: That between the Scorpion Bayushi Kojiro and the yet-unseen Lion Matsu Seichiro! They respectfully greeted one another, and waited for the go-ahead to begin the match.

Once the signal was given, Kojiro would attempt to strike at Seichiro's blind spot; something he had grown accustomed to his opponents trying for their first strike. He blocked with his own katana, slipping away from the follow-through like an expert duelist. However, his own counterstrike was likewise evaded by the wily scorpion.

Kojiro would try to catch Seichiro off balance before he could recover, but once more missed, but bounded out of the way of the incoming blade himself. If this kept up, neither would get anywhere.

The Scorpion Bushi would attempt to up the odds, putting his all into a guaranteed strike that the Matsu could not avoid. And his strike WOULD be true, cutting into the Lion's side! But... Kojiro would realize he put a little too much effort into it, and was too close to dodge this time as a savage strike heading straight for him was the last thing he saw, before he was laid out like a punk.

Winner: Matsu Seichiro  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:42 pm
@ Courtier Debates:

Doji Koan would seem less agitated, and spoke now with a bit less bitterness in his voice. "I appreciate the recognition from the Mantis Clan. However, you make it sound like we'd be completely without military support. No matter the direction we go, the Emperor could simply order the nearest clan to build outposts no more than a day's ride away. It would almost be necessary as settlers begin to build upon the lands they find or conquer, as they will undoubtedly need supplies from our homeland to make due in the beginning." {Courtier check of 51 vs TN 15, and Ide Jiro gains a free raise from Koan's Voice advantage.}

Kan would suddenly chuckle, his weary eyes closed. Smiling, he holds a hand up to his mouth as if to stifle further laughter. "All of you DO realize that there are ways beyond warfare to accomplish these ends. Diplomacy hasn't even been considered as a viable option yet. We could simply ask to share their lands. Risking ridicule, I propose that not every gaijin culture out there is as malevolent as we're making ourselves out to be." {Courtier check of 32 vs TN 15}

Soshi Maru would flick shut her fan, turning to face Kan. "As a matter of fact, the Scorpion and the Unicorn have both spent a good deal of time outside of Rokugan, moreso with the latter than the former. There are a LOT of hostile forces out there who wouldn't mind seeing us, invaders in their eyes, wiped out to a man. To play kansen's advocate for a moment, perhaps all of these disputes could be negated if we just wipe them out first? No more threats, no more worry." {Courtier check of 12 vs TN 15... Wa wa wa wawawawawaaa!}

That's enough." Doji Kita would suddenly interject. "I believe I'll have to draw the line at genocide, thank you."

"What...? But, I... it was just a theory! I didn't-

"Thank you, that will be all." Soshi Maru's cheeks would flush a bit, and she would storm out of the debate chamber; leaving the monk Kan, the unicorn Ide Jiro, the mantis Yoritomo Hisashi, and the crane Doji Koan. "I would like to inform the rest of you that dinner will be served shortly, probably before we finish the next debate. We'll start with some miso soup, followed by a dish of rice and seasoned quail." She would pause and look to Kan. "Is that acceptable for you, Kan-san?"

He would wave one hand simply. "No meat at all, if it's possible."

"Entirely." Kita would give a nod to a servant who disappeared off around a corner. "Your views on the previous matter have been hopefully as enlightening for each other as they have been for me. But now, I present a topic to discuss that has come to recent light throughout the debate. I hope our dear competitor Yoritomo Hisashi has no objections to it." She would pause, before elaborating. "Should the Minor Clans be more closely observed and regulated, so an alliance similar to the Three Man Alliance of 1121 doesn't threaten to tip the balance of power away from the Great Clans, towards one massive unified force? Ide Jiro, you may begin."

{Soshi Maru eliminated! All TNs have been reset!}

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"... did she really have to leave?"

"Jiro..." Kita would begin to say sternly.

"Yes, yes, I understand," he would start with an exaggerated sigh. "... I think trying to micromanage the Minor Clans would be a terrible idea. Such actions would only encourage them to attempt such an alliance, one that, by the very nature of this debate, we'd be trying to prevent." {Courtier of 37 vs TN 5}

Yoritomo Hisashi, your TN is 5!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:56 pm
@ Go Competition:

Rain Yupa
After Kyumi and Sumi would report back to the Magistrate about the results of their match, it would seem the two gentlemen playing, Kenichi and the Dragon named Makoto, were still finishing up. After a few more minutes, Kyumi would overhear that Kenichi had won, likewise by a small margin, much to Makoto's surprise.

After hearing their next matches, Kyumi would find herself paired with another Phoenix woman; however, unlike the timid, tiny Sumi, Toyoko carried herself confidently and proudly.

"Hi! I'm Toyoko! Isawa Toyoko! It's a pleasure to meet you!" she would say to Kyumi, bowing. "I promise to make this game sporting for you, on one condition." She wound wink and waggle a finger at the Lioness. "And that's only if you tell me all the details about your match with Kenichi. I want to hear all about it!"

She didn't seem all that interested in starting the game, so it would be up to Kitsu Kyumi to determine the terms!

Kyumi had been a bit disappointed by the last match; victory had been so close, and yet the timid Phoenix girl managed to snatch it away. Perhaps this next game would be different; after all, this other woman appeared to be the opposite of what Sumi had been.

"Kitsu Kyumi. It's nice to meet you." Kyumi offered a polite bow. "T-There really isn't much to say about the match I played against Asahina-san... It was just a simple misunderstanding." She was more than a little surprised that Toyoko had even noticed what had occurred; Kyumi had hoped that the entire situation hadn't drawn anyone else's attention.

"Would you mind if I went first?"  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:57 pm
@ Martial Duels:

A short time later, the next round of duels would be up. Only four bushi remained, all eager to test their skills against one another. And, as chance would have it, only one needed healing after the previous round, so it would be that much quicker for the next one to begin!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Horiuchi Sayoko would be one of the first two to duel, once more eagerly clutching her Dai Tsuchi as she would await for her Crab opponent to show. He had managed to survive the test of two skilled warriors, but she would be the one to break his shell; she was sure of it.

Kaiu Kagae, are you ready to face this fierce, heavily armed, heavily armored opponent? If so, come and roll initiative!  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games