Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Ephemeral Skies (3.5; Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:51 pm
y'knoww, monk allows for good stealth and whatnot, plus it benefits from a high wisdom, which is likewise true for the PW  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:02 pm
But the main reason I also wanted Urban Ranger/ Psychic Warrior was a simple ability synergy: Archery Combat Style and Bonus Feats. Archery lets me pick my foes off at long range with added kick thanks to the combat style I chose, while the bonus feats of the psychic warrior allow me to dramatically increase my close-up melee fighting.  

Slave Xaccheus

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:58 pm
Ranger combat style is really no more special than a fighter taking the appropriate feats. Go fighter/monk and you can build all the sneaky archer you like, or go PW/monk and do the same with a softer HD and some powers, plus Psionic Shot  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:19 pm
Not to mention, she has yet to okay the Ranger class as a substitute, Nor has she gave the okay on the PW.  

glitterboypilot

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:58 pm
Hence, I am the waiting.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:48 pm
And, again... I had the option of nominating the Ranger or PsyWar when I originally composed the criteria, and I didn't. So I'm gonna go with no. Sorry , EC.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:22 pm
Okie. Unarmed and Unarmored weapon master with some mad ranged feats coming up!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:23 pm
I do hope you arm yourself with a bow, unless you're planning on going for the Hadoken feat tree  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:52 am
Or I could just go with unarmed combat feats and psionic feats only, which would make me uber powerful in close. Archery and what not is fun, but I've got psionics for long range. By the time I get those shots off, he'll be up close and personal. Which is perfect.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:28 pm
I don't recall PW having many ranged attack powers, particularly since I'm playing one myself.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:06 pm
Breath of the Black Dragon and Exhalation of the Black Dragon are the only two I know of. Unless if he takes the Expanded Knowledge feat...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:19 pm
DING! GBP got it. I'd play a human, we get six feats right off the bat, I get monk bonus feats to take the street fighter rip-off style, and then do whatever with the bonus feats from psychic warrior and human.  

Slave Xaccheus

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:25 pm
And let me guess, you are going to pull a lot of you Expanded Knowledge feat powers from the Kinesist's list.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:35 pm
Nah, just one or at most two. I'd also take the proper feats for Return Shot, so I basically turn any attacks thrown at me into their own attack from me.  

Slave Xaccheus

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces