Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Saved RPs
Brink of Delusion; Crystal's Shine ((Full)) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like my new picture for Gio?
Yes
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Better than the first one at least
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
I can find a better one! *Posts an image in the OOC*
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Draconia Crystalis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:05 pm
(Perfect, nothing needs to be changed.)

Gio had quietly taken a place off to the side once Miya began to explain what was going on. It was certainly quite the endeavor they had before them, and he didn't know if he was up for it, but he would try. They would probably face dangers that no ordinary human could match on their own. They were all also entirely different kinds of people, and he wondered if they would be able to get along at all. Some people already seemed to be at a distance from everyone else.

The Ice Bearer, Orin, had brought up an excellent point. How was it that they were supposed to control the Crystals? He may or may not be able to even do it depending on how things turned out, but how would the others learn about powers that no one had previous knowledge of?

For a moment he felt a snap of pain in his head, making him put a hand to his forehead. It was as though a part of his brain had just snapped open, and he felt a rush of memory enter his mind. He saw himself, with white hair, and blue eyes. Probably possessed by Animus. He knew it was Animus when he remembered the entity's voice.
"The strength of your resolve, resolve to protect one's self, and resolve to protect others. Anything you strive for with all of your heart. That is your power."

He broke into the conversation to answer Orin's question with this new-found information. "I think.... I think Animus said once before that the power of the Crystals is unlocked by the strength of will. The stronger your determination to do something, the stronger the Crystal becomes." He wasn't sure if what he had remembered was real, but he thought it at least made sense. Crystals were supposedly strongly fed by emotion, and in the tales Glorion Crystalis told of the past, people of dark intent, people of greed, and people of selfishness had risen to power by the darkness in their hearts, but because of that overwhelming darkness, the Great Crystals decided to forsake the world and take the blessing of magic away from all but the chosen few Crystal Bearers. That was what scripture told.

But he had a question of hie own that he was wondering, and was probably the most important thing for the moment. "But what are we going to do first? I think that is an important question to answer, since the beginning leads to the next thing, and the next thing, which leads to the end. Lots of our questions will probably be answered by actually beginning this journey."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:27 pm
Kasumi listened to the conversation. She looked at her crystal around her neck. This could be the start of a great adventure for her but she was contimplating on it. She wanted to learn more about the crystal power and herself. 'But fighting others? Im not sure if I can do that.' she thought to her self. She felt a shock as she felt Suri eyes on her. She looked at Suri but said nothing. 'He bears the lightning crystal. Water and lightning don't mix well.' she thought as she adverted her eyes from him. 'They all look like strong fighters. Will i just be in the way if I try and go with them?' she thought, her eyes saddening a bit.  

hinastar

Draconia Crystalis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:02 pm
Gio felt his gaze drawn towards Kasumi, and saw that she was looking very disheartened because of the conversation. She looked like such a gentle woman, so he imagined the idea of fighting was not something she felt comfortable with. He walked over to her, and stopped short just a few feet in front of her.

He scratched the back of his head, feeling his usual awkwardness around women come up again. "Um.... What's wrong? You look like you don't like the idea of fighting..." He smiled awkwardly as he continued, "I can't say I like it either. I'm no good at fighting, and barely know enough to keep myself alive.... but the way I see it.... I mean, the mindset I plan to have in order to do this... It's to know that I will never fight for the sake of fighting. For me, I can only fight to protect something, to protect someone, or to stop injustice. If I don't try... I'll feel even worse for being a helpless fool that hid in the corner."

He thought for a moment, and added, "And if that doesn't help you, then from what I've heard water is supposed to have healing properties. You could provide support from the back instead of harming others."

He then gave a bit of a goofy grin, hoping a little bit of cheery attitude would help her, "Of course, whether you want to take part at all is your choice. Unlike me, you aren't utterly obligated just for being a Crystal Bearer. The way I see it, no matter what, it is your choice and no one can force you. Am I right? I don't care who says what about fate and not having a say in the matter. I don't believe in predestination. The future is made by choice."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:08 pm
Yes, Rodrigo Dragoni was sure Jolyre would make good on her words. Revenge was not always the most honorable or telling way to answer questions, but it did seem to settle one's emotions. Sometimes. Rigo had been shocked at the change in Gio two years ago, and massively confused. He had wanted to yell at Gio, but when Gio seemed clueless about the event, he had kept silent. And now, it was all out. And now, apparently, there were things to do with the gathering of the Crystals.

That was right. Animus had uttered those words that Gio echoed in the battle against the mantis earlier. Will. Heart. Soul. All those related ideals, something that was rather close to Nero Angeal tradition. Wait. How did Gio know? Maybe Gio had access to Animus's actions or maybe even some of his memories.

Anyhow, it seemed they had a group of very different people gathered. Miya's explanation was vague, and Orin's summary of the task at hand only reaffirmed the lack of details that they knew. Was it really fate that they had gathered, that Gio was the host for the Crystal of Fate?

Clearly, Rigo wasn't the only one uncomfortable with the atmosphere. The Sahagin also seemed wary and perhaps a little shy. Gio, however, was doing his best to reach out to her. Choice, Gio. It sounded so welcoming, but Rigo didn't see their situation as a choice at this point.  

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

hinastar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:27 pm
Kasumi looked up at Gio when he approached her. 'he is human but not a crystal bearer. what is he doing here?' she thought. "No not really. I never had a reason to learn to fight." she said. "Yes it does have healing properties but I haven't learned many of them." she sighed. Her answers were short and to the point. She didn't really feel like talking to anyone. As Gio continued talking to her she began to listen carefully to his words. The way he talked to her about the situation made her smile. She laughed at his grin, her feeling of worry seemed to go away. "Yes I guess your right. Thanks." she smiled as her ears perked up. "Your name is Gio right? Why are you here? You bear no crystal but you seem interested in this adventure."  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:16 pm
Gio shook his head, his smile only slightly shrinking, "I'm not a Bearer, you're right. But I have no choice but to take part in this. I was willing to die just a moment ago, but someone is placing his hope in me, so as much as I want to, I can't die yet. Not until the Crystal I carry is no longer inside me." He put a hand to his heart, knowing that that was where the incomplete crystal lay. It glowed as his thoughts went towards it, a shine coming from his chest, eerily lighting the underside of his hand.

It felt like the Fate Crystal was trying to speak to all of its brethren. This wasn't Animus, it was the Crystal itself.

He was surprised when he saw that it started to cause all of the crystals to shine brightly, far brighter than his chest, since the Crystal within him was incomplete. Each glowed the color of their element, fire red, ice aqua, water blue, lightning orange, wind green, light white, and darkness purple. The glow was pretty intense. "It looks like the Crystals are resonating."

Gio looked over to Miya, and asked, "Animus said something about the Eidolons. Legends say that those are the Elemental Spirits that once lived in this land in the time of the Great Crystals. When the Great Crystals left, the Eidolons died out. What does all that mean?"

((If you need my help with the answer, Denyala, please PM me, but I'm sure it should be easy to explain however you view it.))  

Draconia Crystalis

Denyala

Stone-cold Lunatic

10,150 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:57 am
< smile >>

As she expected, the responses were varied. Orin easily restated her main points, emphasizing how little she had told them. Well, she couldn’t learn for them. Part of being a crystal bearer was discovering how to be one, in your own way. Although the basic task was similar, each had to find their own way there.

“Yes Orin, that sums it up neatly,” she smirked to herself before adding, “And don’t forget the Earth Bearer that may or may not even be aware of their status.” Or might be dead, she added in her thoughts with some unease.

Surprisingly, Gio spoke up. "I think.... I think Animus said once before that the power of the Crystals is unlocked by the strength of will. The stronger your determination to do something, the stronger the Crystal becomes." Miya nodded silently to this. Will was extremely important in handling the crystals. Miya’s own stubbornness and fiery personality had aided her in the past. That was before she’d gone through what she did and lost that spark. Her crystal had been difficult to control in those dark years, but things changed, as they always did, and she found her control growing stronger once again. In fact, she wouldn’t be surprised if she wasn’t getting stronger than in the past.

The water bearer and Gio spoke back and forth for a bit. Gio was doing a good job of explaining and motivating the girl, so Miya stayed silent. Though not a crystal bearer, Gio might yet prove useful, as a leader… Although the fire bearer wasn’t quite ready to become a silent follower.

"It looks like the Crystals are resonating."

Miya looked down at her crystal in genuine surprise. She’d sewed her crystal into the palm of her leather glove. Opening her hand, the light shown as it hadn’t in years. She couldn’t help but smile. It was comforting, like an old friend. She glanced around the room seeing all of the bright lights. It was almost like her crystal was happy to be reunited with its brethren.

"Animus said something about the Eidolons. Legends say that those are the Elemental Spirits that once lived in this land in the time of the Great Crystals. When the Great Crystals left, the Eidolons died out. What does all that mean?" Gio asked her, looking at her for answers.

Miya looked at the boy in silence for several long seconds, gathering her thoughts. “Eidolons were great spirits that embraced and embodied their element. I’m not sure if they were created by the crystals or were born for them. These Eidolons protected the crystals, acting as servants and guardians. When the crystals left the world, the Eidolons followed,” Miya paused to glance at her palm again, “Without something to protect, they had no purpose. Without the crystals, the Eidolons had no great power to draw from.” The woman stopped, realizing she wasn’t giving a clear answer. “Without crystals, there can be no Eidolons,” she finished simply.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:16 pm
Jolyre was right. The water bearer, Kasumi, was completely inexperienced. As a fighter and with social skills, apparently. She trusted too fast it seemed. Whatever. It wasn't the Angeal's problem. Gio said something to Kasumi and the crystals all lit up in response. Embedded skillfully into her right gauntlet, Jolyre lifted up a bladed wrist to let it shine in the room with the others. Hers was bright, being the light crystal, but all were equally intense. She returned her attention to Gio and Miya who were talking about the Eidolons. she'd read about them in a few scriptures during her studies at the Glorion Crystalis. They'd housed thousands of documents, but a only a rare few contained information on the spirits, and even then, the notes were vague and often made up of biased religious guesswork.
“Without something to protect, they had no purpose. Without the crystals, the Eidolons had no great power to draw from. Without crystals, there can be no Eidolons.” Miya finished. How enigmatic and vague can a person be? Jolyre found it irritating.
"Okay. That's what they are and how they disappeared. What help is that? We're here. The crystals are back. So, according to your logic,the Eidolons should be back as well. Summoning them seems to be more pressing than learning their history." she said impatiently from her corner, shadows cast across her from the glow of the crystals.  

MadameDPomp

Greedy Lover

Jest_A_Clown

Dapper Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:43 pm
Everyone was taking it in as they could, forming their own guesses and assumptions, even voicing them to the others. There was much work to be done, apparently, but while they all had the separate tasks of unlocking their crystal's power, they also had a responsibility to get along...eventually. Suri took note of Gio talking to the disheartened Sahagin, Kasumi, and smiled. "We're all in this together, whether we like it or not. Gio has been placed at the center of this group as someone we need to protect. Being at the center, he's in a prime position to be the one that slowly helps us to bond together. Maybe one day, he'll be a good leader." Suri thought with hope. While the others talked, he decided to assess the damage to his chest door, letting it swing open most of the way on almost silent hinges. As he thought, it was a minor fix, the hinge-barring had been bent out of place. Suri could have fixed it now if he had his tools about him, but those were in his pack...his pack was lost to the wreckage and the winds.

Thinking back on that, he suddenly felt like he had been stabbed in the heart as he remembered the fact he had forgotten in all the excitement; "I killed two people..." he thought sullenly. His demeanor became almost as hard as the metal he was made of, only softened by the sad slant of his eyebrows as he stared into nothingness at his feet. He didn't mean to, he couldn't even see them until it was too late. "It was in self-defense" he thought to reassure himself. But no matter the reasons, it didn't take the sting away. He'd literally exploded two humans, incinerating them with an electrical energy overload. Not even their cyborg parts had remained intact, blowing apart and melting away. "Self-defense...it was them or me." Suri thought again, but the thought lacked force behind it. He had no problem killing beasts and monsters, he could slaughter hundreds of them because they posed a threat to humanity. But humans killing one another just always seemed wrong to him. Life was horrible and dangerous enough, why should we kill each other? But it happened regardless, and when Suri had to, he would take another sentient life to save his own.

His attention was drawn from his memories as his, and everyone else's Crystal started to shine brightly, casting a myriad of colors upon the walls and ceiling. Everyone's light together, it was warming and comforting, Suri looked down to his own light, shining from his open chest where it lay embedded amidst coils of metal, wires, and synthetic crystal, and smiled. "Self-defense" he said quietly, and was content for the moment. Looking at everyone's gift, Suri felt he had the strength for whatever came at them. Actually tuning in to the conversation, he found they were discussing those...'Eidolons' that Animus had mentioned. Suri mentally cursed, he was missing important information! After listening though, he'd surmised info on the Eidolons was pretty vague and scarce to begin with, but they were definately connected to the Great Crystals of the past. Then Joylre said that since the crystals were back, so should the Eidolons, and that they should be working to summon them.

Suri suddenly had a thought on that subject, so he interjected in a level tone, directing it to both Miya and Joylre. "From what I've come to understand, what we each have in our possession is only a remnant, a tiny piece, of each of those 'Great Crystals' right? If the Eidolons drew their power from those things back then, can they be reborn to draw power from such tiny pieces that remain?" he asked with an inquisitive expression. " I don't claim to know nothin about those Eidolon things, but I assume they were great, big guardians that required alot of power to draw from. If we are able to bring them back through these," he said while tapping his exposed Crystal, "I doubt it will be in any physical form right?"

((Kinda goin out on a limb there, let me know if needs editing at the last paragraph))  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:52 pm
((You're alright. Everything fits well within the correct context. And Denyala, keep in mind when answering Jolyre that summoning Eidolons is no easy task, and most if not all of them except your character are not capable of it yet. Not to say none of them could right now, but it is something learned instinctively when it is needed, as all Crystal power is learned.))  

Draconia Crystalis

Denyala

Stone-cold Lunatic

10,150 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:52 am
<>

Miya turned slowly to look at Joylre. For the first time, her face showed signs of anger. The woman did not have a wealth of patience and this girl was getting on her last nerve. If the girl didn't want her advice or training, she'd be happy to show her the door, by force if needed. In fact, she hadn't spared in some time, she might enjoy the exercise. The previous light crystal bearer hadn't been nearly so annoying.

Before Miya could voice any of these thoughts, Suri spoke again, which distracted and deflated the woman's temper. Miya took a small breath to calm herself. 20 years ago, Miya would have instantly been on the girl and someone would have had to drag her off. It's amazing what time does to one's control, and Miya was thankful for it.

Suri brought up a very good question. The cyborg reminded her a lot of herself and she knew she'd have no trouble with the lightning bearer. He had made a very good estimation considering the information he was given. As usual, Miya took a moment to gather her thoughts before answering. She turned to the man, forcing herself not to look down at his crystal. It'd been a long time since she'd seen it, or any of the crystals. It reminded her of harder, but happier times... For her at least.

"It is true that the elemental spirits were stronger and easier to call in the past; at least from my knowledge. I'm old, but not quite that old. Anyway, that doesn't mean they can no longer be summoned. My eidolon, for instance, does take a physical form, but it took a long time to achieve this. At this time, I fear none of you are ready or able to summon yours..." Miya didn't want to discourage anyone, but she wasn't going to lie. "I'm confident you will all adapt quickly, even you little water bearer," she smiled over at the young bearer before continuing, "but it is not something you can learn from a book or sitting around a tavern. If I have advice or knowledge I'll freely give it, but knowledge is earned, not taken. To unlock your crystals and one day call upon your eidolon to aid you, you must grow and learn naturally. If a scroll or elder could teach you, we wouldn't be very special would we?"

Miya had had no need to call Ifrit for many years now. She missed him greatly; his flame and spirit were like her own. She could use that familiar presence now. Being surrounded by new crystal bearers after her long self inflicted solitude was taking a toll on her. She longed for a long nap or a stiff drink, but knew she wouldn't have a chance to anytime soon.

"The greatest teacher shall be the journey. To begin the journey we must have a destination. Has anyone heard whispers of fate crystal shards? Or perhaps rumors of the earth crystal?" Miya had only a vague idea of the location of a fate shard, so she felt it best to let another decide their first destination. If no one had heard anything, she'd be very surprised...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:14 pm
Orin Beleren

Orin stood still with his arms crossed as he listened to everyone's conversation after speaking his mind. After a hearing Gio and Kasumi talk Orin sighed quietly to himself as he looked at outside through the window. I can only hope those two can pull their weight in this journey even if they are non-combatants... Orin thought as he continued observing the rest of the Bearers. Orin noticed his Crystal that hung from his neck glowed brightly than before but decided that it was probably resonating from the presence of the others.

"In other words, these Eidolons are then the physical manifestations of our Crystal's Elements. Summoning is quite a hard art to learn, much less master. How long did it take you before you were able to summon your Eidolon?" Orin asked his question was aimed at Miya. "And to your question, I do not think any of us know the location of a Fate Crystal. But I would assume that he or she would be residing in Renara, if he or she is still alive at all. After all, it seems that our crystals are matching our homelands terrains." Orin said to Miya concerning her question.

Vizzion

Black Claided Cat

Dapper Lunatic

17,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:36 pm
Enter- Alane Shoudu

Alane with great wide eyes took in everything that the Crystal bearers were saying. She felt bewildered at the talk of 'Eidolon's and 'Fate' Crystals. From what she knew about Harrier and his crystal, no matter how odd it was to him, there was one for every element and then its opposite. What would Fate have? Time- no. Ill bringing? Of course not. That was just stupid. But the most curious of it was to the woman was the Eidolons

“So,” Alane pipped up from her sitting position next to Harrier. Her friend looked down at her when she spoke, curious to what she had to say. “These Eidolons are like... the crystal's companions? And after you have reached equilibrium with your element you can summon them? Do they help us with their knowledge or are they just summons?”

She was ever so curious. It was true half of what they were saying was flying right under her nose, but Alane was intent on understanding it. Maybe with understanding their purpose she could understand why Harrier seemed to not like to talk about his Crystal, and maybe just understand her long time friend even more. She had a lot to understand, she realized with a small laugh. But Alane would come with on their journey. Odd however it was that she wouldn't be the one up front, but calming at knowing she didn't have to step out of her turf of comfort. Unlike Harrier who would have to go out on a limb with the others, but Alane figured that she was there to help him socialize. It was comical how in the end she was still the only normal one. It was found that Gio would be the Fate (there was that crystal again, Alane could feel a headache forming) host. And even though she knew that he might not want to be babied, he needed protecting. A tough journey was ahead and from what she saw he was incapable of protecting himself. Even Alane knew how to throw a punch and use a dagger.

Thinking about the travels Alane started thinking things off in her head. So far the first thing would be the Earth bearer. And she could tell that most were worried if the guardian was still alive. But they would need supplies to travel into Renara, they had deadly creatures there like Adamantite, Diresaur, Treant, Malboro and Ring Wyrum. The Wyrums weren't that bad, Alane had tackled quite a few and knew their soft spots. But she dreaded the bloody Charybterix, the annoying Avions of the jungle. It was almost as bad that it looked like the few scholar Giants seemed to make up the most random names for their creatures. At least Tylem made sensible ones like Vulture, Wolf, Hyena and Cactoid.

And then it would be the long journey for the Fate shards...

Realizing that Alane was going off into her head about what they were going to do she almost forgot the now. She caught herself just in time to hear the others reply.

Exit- Alane Shoudu  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:24 pm
Kasumi looked at Miya and smiled. "Yes Im sure I can. I catch on to things pretty quickly." she said as she examined the crystal in her hand. She looked around at everyone and then back at her crystal. 'Its like one big family gathering.' she thought as she held the crystal close to her heart. A family reuniting. She wished that would happen with her family. She quickly shook off the thought. 'No I need to be strong. I will get stronger and gain more knowledge. I want to be like them and help.' she thought.  

hinastar

Denyala

Stone-cold Lunatic

10,150 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:03 am
<>

Miya absorbed the questions directed at her. Seems they were far more interested in the summoned creatures than their crystals. She couldn't blame them, after all, they had their crystals and there was little mystery left in them. The crystal bearers were at the point were they simply had to master them, not discover them. Eidolons on the other hand, were new and impressive. Miya couldn't argue with that.

"It took me quite awhile to summon Ifrit. When I was finally able to do it, it was during a troubling time. It's amazing what one can do when one is given no choice," Miya said simply. She'd been in a dire situation when she was finally able to summon the fire beast. She hadn't been the first, nor the last, crystal bearer to summon her eidolon. Miya didn't yet want the others to know that she'd been the fire crystal bearer in the previous generation, that would lead to questions she wasn't willing to answer.

Miya turned to Alane. She was a curious one, smart too. "That's a good way to look at it. They are like companions. As to how they act, it depends on the summoner I believe. Ifrit fights with me and we rarely ever sat down and shared knowledge, but I feel thats because we are both of fire and prefer physical power to mental power. If knowledge is more important to you, or needed, I'm sure your eidolon will share and teach what it can. Each crystal is different, just like elements, and just like us." Miya didn't want to delve into things she didn't fully understand. Each crystal bearers' relationship with their eidolon was uniquely their own and they couldn't use her as an example for themselves. Ifrit, with his strength and fire, was suited to Miya, but would be of little use to Kasumi for instance.

"Im sure soon you shall each unlock your own Eidolon," Miya said again, her mind beginning to wander. What should their next step be? She had hoped they knew of a good place to begin, but none had volunteered as of yet. Also, many might need to prepare to travel. Miya herself had been traveling aimlessly for many years, so she was ready to leave at the drop of a hat. It may have been a lonely time, but Miya had become well versed in how to travel between the regions. In fact, the woman was beginning to feel uncomfortable being in such limelight. She enjoyed sharing her knowledge, but had been isolated for so long that her social tolerance was limited...  
Saved RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games