Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Fool's Grove [4e] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 36 37 38 39 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Arc Vembris rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:15 am
((Arcana would be more appropriate here in the Feywild, +3))  
Oshi the Killer rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:54 am
Arcana +1  

Oshi the Killer

SkyCore rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

SkyCore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:40 am
Arc Vembris

((is that where we are? sorry I'm still not up to speed on everything yet... also never been to this plane before... Shadowfell briefly, but otherwise I've never had a plane hopping game before....))

Quote:
Arcana Check: +6, why do bards train in arcane... with my Int its a waisted skill...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:37 am
PrismCity
Arc Vembris

((is that where we are? sorry I'm still not up to speed on everything yet... also never been to this plane before... Shadowfell briefly, but otherwise I've never had a plane hopping game before....))

Quote:
Arcana Check: +6, why do bards train in arcane... with my Int its a waisted skill...
((Technically, you're just in a forest, but you're facing down formorian experiments, which means they're connected to the feywild, as is most likely the grove itself, somewhere. there's only two monsters in the adventure that aren't fey. also, that 20 says arcana's your best subject, so maybe not so wasted.))

All three of you recognize the rabbit things as being Al-mi'rajes, the subject of joking stories among gnomes especially, they aren't known for being especially violent unless provoked. Sora even recalls some of the specific stories, the rascally rabbits are known for evading even the most capable hunters, tormenting ducks and taking wrong turns on extended journeys. When provoked they are known to charge with their horns, and when they can't hurt their enemies they are capable of burrowing very quickly through the ground to escape retribution.

The technicolor cow is known as a Stench Kow. Those who have ever encountered one claim it is the livestock of the nine hells, but it is exclusively a formorian creation. The smell wafting toward you from it is only the tip of the ice berg, Sora's heard stories of people being crippled by the stench alone, making it easy for the Stench Kow bulls to gore anyone who gets close. Like regular bulls, they're known to be quite ornery, and charge victims as well, even if they aren't suffering from the smell.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:10 am
Brother Mercutio would overlook the creatures in the distance, then at his teammates. Then something clicked.

"Er... you're not going to agitate them as well, are you? 'Cause, it worked out so well for you guys the last time it happened."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:19 am
"Fawks doesn't plan on hurting the little rabbits. But from what I hear the cow sounds like it could be fun to fight with " Fawks laughs.  

Oshi the Killer

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:58 am
Colbertron is simply glad that he doesn't see smell. "Yes, probably best that we interview our guests from off-stage."  
SkyCore rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:17 am
Quote:
Perception Check: +9 (27) to Search the bodies of the fallen enemies as well as search the area south of the Stream.

SkyCore

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:25 am
The rubble from the envelopers seems of little more worth than dry clay. the squirrels each have a tiny bow and quiver of tiny arrows, you could probably keep them all in your pocket, and aren't sure who might find use for them, other than vicious squirrels in need of armament.

The ruby dust near each of the carbuncles looks like it was probably valuable once, but it's now so fine as to be worthless, unless, of course, you want some very pretty sand as a souvenir. If only the others had thought to rip the gems out of the little bastards' heads when they were still alive.

There's nothing else of note in the grove, but in your searching you manage to determine that the invisible wall trapping you in the grove surounds the area almost completely (forming the limits of the map I posted in combat) only a section about ten feet wide proves permeable, right where the worn path meets the stream (the square with the log and the one next to it will let you go north, everything else is invisible wall).  
SkyCore rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:31 am
((Well since I'm suddenly an expert))

Quote:
Arcana Check: +6 (22) on the Invisible Wall.

SkyCore

Oshi the Killer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:41 am
"Fawks wonders if we should go ahead and work on turning that cow into haggis?" Fawks ask with a bit of impatience.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:59 am
PrismCity
((Well since I'm suddenly an expert))

Quote:
Arcana Check: +6 (22) on the Invisible Wall.
As you have discerned the hard way, the dweomer than forms this wall is meant to keep the residents in, and not to keep stupid adventurers out. As you examine it, you can determine that it actually forms a huge dome over the whole grove. In addition, the grove itself seems to be sectioned off into three parts, the one you are in now, the small garden, and the area immediately around the ruined structure beyond. This third section seems completely closed off for some reason, perhaps the way through will be revealed when you get closer.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
veccna rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

veccna

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:59 pm
studying his surroundings after the bloody battle taking a rest till he felt better, he approached the third section cautiously.

(not sure what I am rolling for, whether its perception or arcana)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:42 am
veccna
studying his surroundings after the bloody battle taking a rest till he felt better, he approached the third section cautiously.

(not sure what I am rolling for, whether its perception or arcana)
((you can't get to the third section of the grove, the second one and an invisible wall is in the way. also, how many surges are you spending during that rest, so i know what your HP is? don't forget you spent one while you were away thanks to the bard.))  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:57 am
((If I had a dollar for every surge I didn't use, I'd have a bajillion dollars! Or seven. I forget which.))  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 36 37 38 39 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games