Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Cartographers
L5R - Cartographers - Crane Lands, Ezura Province Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:14 am
((No perception or investigate roll required on that one? Since he's still got a few days, tell me what sort of rolls I might have to make for what's packed into those. Tsuyoshi's not one to sit around.))

Psychofish
4k3 Perception/Investigation: 26

Well. No one watching. Hmmm. Had he... just been paranoid? He was some peasant trying to kill an imperial after all, maybe he was just crazy... but Tsuyoshi turned the mind over in his head until---!

...no, he didn't remember anything. But, he would remember that name at least. He likely had some time before the Imperial would be back. Taking the rest of the day, he'd give the area a quick skim for any signs of others having been there, then do some scouting, not ranging far from the the areas they'd explored already, to try and give himself a little bit better of an idea of what they might find in any direction traveled. Once dark started to fall, he'd return to the village and ask the peasants if any other persons had traveled through the area recently, trying to see if there might be other samurai, or even peasants, passed through that might give him some hint whom could have had this man so nervous. He'd alert them about the body on the road, and go to sleep.

If he had leads of any kind, he had something to chase- otherwise, he'd check the slopes to see if he could return to his duty guarding Miya-sama again (and maybe enjoy those springs for an evening?) before heading off to continue exploring, trying to range a little further and make some sketches of places Miya-sama hadn't seen yet, attempting to doodle them and some notes down to help her with her map making! Unless he came across other individuals he could question or signs of life he could use to try and track someone, that made a fine means of spending the time productively, he thought.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:19 pm
@ Chiharu:

You won't be prevented from returning to cleaning the springs, but your friendly kami would remain where it was. For a while anyways, before it whisked off to do whatever it does when it's not being a pest.

--------------------

@ Tusyoshi:

When you do search around, it takes some time, but you find one place along some bushes where it looks like it was freshly imprinted. Could be coincidence, but it looks like there might have been some truth to the man's claim. But unfortunately, whoever was here is gone now, and left no trace of where they went.

When getting back to Efude and asking who has traveled through here recently, they would inform you that you are the first travelers they've had since they relocated back here. They would seem concerned about the body just left on the road, but they weren't eta so they seemed at a loss about what to do about it themselves. They seemed equally perturbed when you fall unconscious into a deep slumber immediately as your conversation ends.

For the sake of getting the party back together, Tsuyoshi does not find anything immediately interesting in his vicinity, though that might be simply GM fiat bad luck on his part.

--------------------

Two days later...

It is particularly sunny the last couple days, and Tsuyoshi manages the trek back up the steep back to Ebisu Hot Springs. It is late afternoon by the time you arrive at the plateau.

Since Chiharu and Ayame were kind enough to assist in cleaning the hot springs, they would be enjoying a relaxing soak in them currently (unless they declare otherwise).  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:02 pm
Tsuyoshi hadn't tried the slopes when they looked like a stream of mud, but the moment they started to look like they might hold weight, he tested them. This was a poor idea the first day- but the following one, he made it up the slope, eventually coming to the temple at the top, arriving mostly clean, and smiling at the temples, and his... oh, they weren't there. Still, he'd be more than happy to greet the monk, after no more company than chasing ghosts and short conversation with the peasants for some time.

"Good morning. May the fortunes bless you, I am happy to say that Ebisu gave me strength to travel the slopes again today, though I fear it may mean it is time for us to bid you a final thanks for your hospitality," he bowed, though the last part would of course be all the Miya's discretion. It was a hot spring, which he'd have to figure she'd be all about over rough travel, but she had seemed quite focused about her task as well.

"Could you show me to my companions?"  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:42 am
It required a great effort of Chiharu to finish the cleaning. Her mind were promptly distracted by thoughts and sounds other than the hot springs. Yet, she managed to do the job (os so she believed) once the tools she used were stored the shugenja felt tired. She went back to the cliff where she sat down to enjoy the view.

"This seems like a good place to fly kites. Many colorful ones, it would look nice"  

GustyFox

Paidi tou Selini rolled 18 10-sided dice: 7, 4, 5, 1, 1, 8, 7, 10, 5, 8, 10, 1, 4, 8, 1, 5, 5, 8 Total: 98 (18-180)

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:03 pm
Two days of work! Whether it was spending time helping to clean up the place, spending time exploring and gazing off in any direction she could find, and finally sitting down each night to draw up the map drafts from the areas they'd visited thus far, Ayame had plenty in this little resting period to keep herself busy with. Though she seemed to have some trouble with point 16, the region in which they were ambushed, on account of how little they'd investigated what with being ambushed and put into distress. Conversely point 14 turned out stunningly well, considering she'd spent so long here.

When all was said and done, relaxing in a hotspring on this final day was blissfully rewarding, and the busy little Imperial did not squander a second of it, whether her Crane companion decided to join her or not. And considering there were only women present here, she didn't bother wearing any sort of bathing suit while she was at it.

[Intelligence/Craft: Cartography w/void for +1k1, 6k5 vs TN ?? x3
Roll 1: 7, 4, 5, 1, 1, 8 = 17
Roll 2: 7, 10+9, 5, 8, 10+2, 1 = 51
Roll 3: 4, 8, 1, 5, 5, 8 = 30]  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:16 pm
@ Ebisu Hot Springs:

When Tsuyoshi would arrive, the elderly monk from the other day was sweeping the path to the house. "Oh! Welcome back, Doji-san," she would greet him as he approached. "Oh my," she would say, smiling broadly at his request. "This young generation certainly is bold. Asking to be brought to his female companions while at least one of them is bathing in the hot springs." Placing a hand on her cheek, she would smile up at him. "It would make me a poor host to allow such an altercation of indecent nature. If you are that robust, even after that hike, then I'm sure I can find you some 'honest work' that Ebisu would be happy to bless while you wait for them."

Tsuyoshi, the choice is yours. A Willpower/Etiquette (Courtesy) roll to resist the seduction attempt from the monk who's probably older than your grandmother, or a Perception/Investigation (Notice) roll to see Chiharu by the cliffside across the plateau, her back to you and her gaze turned skyward.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:44 pm
Tsuyoshi was chipper enough at the bright reception, even as that smile froze in confusion as she complimented him - bold was good, right?- and continued on to leave him quickly suddenly slightly alarmed at the turn of the conversation, then very alarmed, smiling all too nervously and making an uncertain sound as he glanced around nervously and-

OhthankthekamitherewasChiharu.

"That's- that's most kind of you, Monk-san, but I believe I see one of them now. I shall go speak with her, and happily wait to speak with Miya-sama at her leisure. Okaythankyouforyouraid-"

And bowed hastily, excusing his exit toward the Crane he all but directly pointed to in order to pave his escape.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:18 pm
@ Crane:

The monk would not say anything, though Tsuyoshi would feel her eyes on him as he am-scrayed.

Chiharu, Tsuyoshi's back!

@ Imperial:

You think you hear Tsuyoshi's voice from the incredibly soothing, relaxing, heated waters. If you were down any void points, you're back to full now. It's glorious in here, though perhaps not the best environment to encourage your mapmaking. That involves getting up and leaving.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:16 pm
Tsuyoshi beat a retreat, trying to get out of there before he made things more awkward- or the monk did. Well, now he knew why she'd been so aggrieved at his leaving. Choosing not to dwell on the loneliness of life at an isolated mountain temple either, he approached his clan mate, pausing behind her to stare off into the same direction she'd been looking at the distance, before turning back to her with a small smile.

"The slopes are passable again. I am glad to see no dangers befell the three of you in the time I was away. I presume all is well with you and Miya-sama?"  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:58 am
Chiharu mind was absent, she didn't noticed the approaching magistrate until she recognized his voice. She turned to him, bowing respectfully while greeting:

—Welcome. It is good to see Doji-san again.

She rose with a mild smile looking away:

—Doji-san is the most kind on worrying about us, gladly we are all fine. Miya-sama is well. After the storm, the sky is clear again. The horizon so distant, I imagine how far we are traveling. Good to hear we can continue.

The shugenja would glance at Tsuyoshi briefly, checking if the aid of the kami was necessary. She felt like her duty to keep her companions well:

—How was your jorney? Is everyone fine at the village?

GustyFox

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:43 pm
The tiny Miya perked up at the sound. Ooooh the voice of internal conflict. She coooould go check to see if that was her wayward Doji companion. There was no denying how curious she was to find out what came of the interrogation considering how unsettling it was to know someone wanted her dead. Buuut at the same time the water was so delightful. The temptation to stay here another day was strong, but... Duty called, and she had a long road ahead of her. With a mighty sigh she pulled herself from the spring, dried off, got dressed, and went out to see what the commotion was about.

And she was quite grateful that her suspicions turned out to be true, because getting out of the springs would have been far worse if it was for nothing.
"Tsuyoshi-san! You're back! How is Rakurai? What news of the interrogation? Feel free to enjoy the hotsprings today for your diligence in seeing to everything while we relaxed here, we can depart tomorrow, but in the meantime I wish to know absolutely everything!"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:55 am
Tsuyoshi smiled a bit distantly at her reflections, glancing at the horizon. It was all pretty, and he quite liked it from the priestess, but he wasn't certain what he could contribute, which tended to make him antsy. Fortunately, there was plenty else to make him uncomfortable with little wait, beginning with a nervous expression as she mentioned the people at the village- who were fine, last he'd seen them, but reminded him of the bandit's warning, and the strange girl who had never taken shelter.

"For the moment, all seems well there. It has been fairly peaceful. Perhaps not so much as here, but once the storm passed there's been little of note there-"

He was just starting to get the hang of this relaxing and watching the horizon thing when the Miya approached, bringing a flurry of excitement and rapid speaking that he would normally have been much more accustomed to!

"Hai! It is good to see you both are well, Ayame-sama." First names, after he'd just gotten used to sama-ing her properly? Oh, perhaps because Doji-san-ing them would have gotten confusing?
"Rakurai-sama was content last I saw him, I know little of horse care but the village has taken good care of him, though I am sure he will rejoice to be reunited. As for the rest-" he glanced about, though he couldn't imagine he could have been stalked all the way up that mountain without noticing it, if he was still being followed.
"Is there someplace you would prefer to discuss this?"

If not, or after moving if they were simply to sit for tea, he'd take a breath and then go over the rest.

"He didn't know much, but confirmed that he acted under threat on the lives of those he knew. He did provide a name... or a part of a name? Shiori. If... that means anything to you, I am afraid I do not know it. Besides that, he indicated we had been stalked. I found signs that someone had indeed been trailing and watching me move him, but was unable to find more than this."  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

GustyFox

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:32 am
Chiharu bowed respectfully to the Imperial when she arrived, but remained silent. The temperament of the shugenja seem to have hanged like the weather. During the storm she was eager to read, write, do stuff... now, her eyes would find a flock of birds flying gracefully accross the blue sky and contemplate it deeply.

She almost lost her pace in following her companions to the tea room, but rushed right behind them. Taking her place in seiza in order to listen the news.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:05 pm
The tiny Imperial pursed her lips impatiently, good as it was to know her horse was okay. Doubly so when he suggested they go discuss this someplace else. The temptation to declare that here was just fine was strong indeed, but she managed to resist it and nod instead. He'd had a long trip and probably wanted to sit down and relax a bit. She couldn't blame him necessarily, and her life wasn't any more on the line if she waited a few minutes.

Her expression didn't get any less concerned at the news when they finally did settle down inside. One name. She wracked her brain hard on that one, searching through her extensive files of memories and coming up with basically nothing. Part of her was relieved that it wasn't someone she knew. That meant it was politically motivated rather than personally. Those were perhaps easier to deal with. Still... "That's it? Mrn... I suppose the interrogators need time to work. We'll stop by Kyuden Doji in a few days if your Daimyo does not send a missive. I want to report this to my Lord as soon as possible and I'd like something substantial to report. The sooner we can get a Seppun involved the better. Not that I don't trust your protection, but... well, it's strikingly unusual for someone to deliberately target a Miya. We range anywhere from messengers to public stewards. It just... makes no sense."  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:33 pm
The Crane felt a bit relieved that he didn't have to worry about anyone listening in on them from here- he'd been a hint paranoid since the issue had initially come up, and as long as the mystery enemy didn't know of his advantage it seemed best to keep it that-

He winced visibly in the middle of the Imperials reply.

"Ah... Miya-sama..." he shifted uneasily where he sat. "I... agree, that if you do not know who this is, it must surely be an attempt to slander the Crane, attacking the most vulnerable Imperial on our lands and under our protection, or to prevent the maps being redrawn for some reason. But the bandit... he is dead. He became upset that we were being followed on the road, and that innocents would be killed if he was delivered. He offered me what he knew of this fiend that I would strike him down... in mercy and hopes of keeping secret our knowledge, I agreed."

Mid way through he shuffled back without rising from his knees, and bowed over- putting his head to the floor.

"Please, forgive my rash foolishness Miya-sama, I knew his words to be honest and forthcoming, and did not think you would have need to question him further."

His plea and explanation ended there, but he kept his head against the floor.  
[L5R 4e] Cartographers

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games