Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:36 pm
Gendo would sigh, today was just not his day. Pardoning himself, he'd go towards the sound swiftly.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:47 pm
With nothing better to do and a whimpering Setsuna, Naohiko would search Gendo to give him his mutt. Although the day was not over, Naohiko felt this strange inner surge of pessimism. He'd keep silent though....lest he utter those words that have doomed so many.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:51 pm
@ Naohiko, prior to him reaching Gendo and Gendo reaching him:

"Setsuna-kun, what's wrong?" a voice would say to the howling puppy that Naohiko held, while everyone was staring with glaring eyes.

It was Doji Kioko, pouting slightly as she leaned forward. She looked up to Naohiko, and asked, "I don't know where Gendo-san is, but... may I try?"

--------------------

@ Shi:

Yeeeaaahhh, her roll is higher than 13.

"My name is Tansho. Susumu Tansho. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. And trust me, the last thing I'm interested in is fighting."

Shoichi would walk by, and Shi, you will see him shoot Tansho the dirtiest look. She simply smiles politely at him as he walks by, and walks by he does.

"There's not much to say about me, Monk-san. That darling clansmate of mine is a great source of entertainment for me - far more than these silly games - and I simply wished for his attempts to go unimpeded. Nothing more. Hopefully you will forgive my forthrightness with you," she would explain casually, as if making small-talk.

She would smile up to Shi once more, and follow up with, "Think of it as allowing Benten to do her work on earth. As a monk of the Brotherhood, surely, you appreciate the Fortune of Romance's judgement far more than that of a mere samurai's. For all you know, they were destined for one another, their entire lives foretold and intertwined in the stars themselves." She would giggle.

--------------------

@ Gendo:

You're on your way baaAAACK IT'S THAT SPIDER HE GOT BY SHI HERE HE COMES! He smiles and waves in Kaichiyo's direction.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:15 pm
Gendo just keeps moving, towards Setsuna, pushing past the Spider.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 2, 5, 7, 9, 7, 9 Total: 39 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:22 pm
Redfaced and embarrassed by Setsuna's racket, Naohiko did his best to bow towards the Doji heiress. "Setsuna-san pines for Gendo-san. Like any good samurai, he wishes to serve his lord, my lady." He would then carefully extend Setsuna towards Kioko, unsure of what the panicky puppy would do. He attempted to....glare a message into the dog's brain.You are about to be held by one of the most beautiful women in the world, dog. If you don't screw this up, you will have people literally wish to be you. Don't mess this up. To Kioko, he would say, "Sure...sure. Oh! by the way, is it permissible to have one's animal with one during this event? I'm sure if Setsuna-san could be near Gendo-san this would not happen."

OOC:
Awareness/Animal Handling to transfer Setsuna over to Kioko without Setsuna twigging out further. 4k3 w/ 2 dice for explosions. Tradition, hey?
Raises called: 1 to insure Setsuna's comfort
Results:21-5  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:41 pm
@ Gendo:

The howling abruptly ceases.

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

The howling abruptly ceases, as Setsuna begins to pant happily once he is in Kioko's clutches. "Oooohh... Setsuna's so... so soft!" Kioko would squeal, hugging him to her, which he didn't seem to mind. "I could just hug him forever!" she exclaimed, shaking back and forth. Setsuna looked up and gave her a few licks on the underside of the chin, which seemed to send her to happyland shock and she squeed rather audibly.

After a few moments of ignoring Naohiko, she did suddenly realize she was addressed. "Oh! I don't see why he wouldn't be. I mean, if it was an event he could interrupt, like if it was horse racing or the like, I could see it being a problem, but not for this. But I'd be more than delighted to hold on to Setsuna-kun for you, if that's why you weren't participating. I saw you speaking to the staff about judging. I wasn't taking part in either, I had other matters that require my attention, though Setsuna-kun is more than welcome to accompany me."

--------------------

@ Gendo:

So Shoichi gets by you, he doesn't seem to be phased by you, but the howling stopped - which is weird, since he's usually inconsolable while you're separated. Are you still going back to Setsuna?

@ Kaichiyo:

"Good morning, Himura Kaichiyo-san! How do you fare this day, my love?" Daigotsu Shoichi would great you, smiling and bowing slightly in greeting. "I see you were interested in the Scavenger Hunt, and as fate would have it, I was thinking of signing up too. I think it would be a perfect opportunity for you and I to get to know one another! What do you say?"

Kaichiyo, your warriors have failed you.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:06 pm
While somewhere in Naohiko's mind, a little voice was telling him that chances were high that Kioko would try to abscond with Setsuna to Gendo's great displeasure, and another little voice was worried that Setsuna may do something that would cause a whole lot of blue samurai to descend on poor little Megumi Tenpi, Naohiko could not see why he shouldn't let Kioko take care of Setsuna for the afternoon. "Why, thank you., I really appreciate it. I'll be sure to let Gendo-san know where he can find Setsuna-san after today's event." to Setsuna, Naohiko would say, "Be nice for Doji-hime, Setsuna-san. I'm sure Gendo-san will give you a treat if you behave well!"

With that, Naohiko went off to find Gendo to tell him what's up.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:46 pm
Craaaap. Foiled by a woman and a dog. Of all the useless...

"Daigotsu-san! Fancy seeing you again... so soon..." she would respond, bowing in turn as she struggled for composure. "Delightful as that sounds, Doji-hime's appeal spoke to me, and I've become quite enamored with the prospect of leaving this to fate. I'm sure we'll have other opportunities to chat. Or perhaps the Fortunes will favor you regardless~"  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:20 pm
Gendo would just keep on towards the direction it was coming from previously.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:53 pm
As the Kraken samurai moved towards the place where lots and partners were assigned, he kept a look out for his huge, one eyed clanmate. When he saw Gendo, the smaller warrior would join up with him. "Gendo-san! I did not realize how attached Setsuna-san was to you. Lady Doji offered to help with him and I accepted. Setsuna-san apparently liked the idea of spending the day and receiving all of her attentions. Lucky dog. When the event is over, I should think you could find Setsuna with Lady Doji. At any rate, They won't have me as a judge, so I'm competing. Where's Kaichiyo-hime?"  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:58 pm
"Line... Setsuna staying with her would be good, for now. Let her get to know the dog type for later puppy handling." He nods to himself before turning and moving back to Kaichiyo

He would only stop when he made it behind Shoichi, just looking down at the man.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:08 pm
Naohiko nodded and followed his taciturn compatriot back to their princess and felt the need to face palm. There had been no number 13 since the Kraken Samurai had arrived. Darnit.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:36 pm
Before they get back, because it's not THAT close (probably a good 1.5-2 minutes)... (Also I was waiting on Shi but that's not working either!)

@ Kaichiyo:

Daigotsu Shoichi would frown slightly. "As much as I would like to try and talk you out of it, Himura Kaichiyo-san, what kind of husband would I be if I tried to deny you what made your heart happy?" Shoichi would smile broadly, and gestured towards people who were handing out the papers with numbers on them as lots.

"Then I shall enter in the same manner, and let us see if Benten herself, or perhaps Hotei even, blesses us by keeping us together!"  
PupSage rolled 5 10-sided dice: 4, 9, 8, 8, 7 Total: 36 (5-50)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:47 am
"The thing of it is Tansho-san, Benton also teaches that love is a two part dance, and given that display I believe that your clansman is dancing with himself. Thats not romantic love, that is unrequited love. And your clansman may find himself on the wrong end of a weapon if he continues down that path. If only he were as subtle as you and able to use his body to try and manipulate Kaichiyo-kun. Unfortunately subtlty doesnt seem to be his forte." He smiled at her and said, "I think that I will opt for drawing lots. I dont need people questioning the company that I keep."

3k2 Awareness/Courtier 17  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:17 am
Susumu Tansho would release Shi's arm, stepping back, and bowing respectably.

"I'm sorry you feel that way," she would say, not specifying as to what exactly she was referring. "I won't keep you, then. I'm actually not going to compete - too much walking in the snow. I wish you luck, Monk-san."

She turned to leave, pausing. "I'm sure you'll do fine, Monk-san. You are as eloquant of a speaker as you are a singer, it seems." She would smile to him, turn, and walk away.  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games