Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
☆ We'll Answer Your Questions Here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:03 pm
sweatdrop Is there a good guide/thread that helps users understand the concept of "bribing"?

I get really nervous when an artist says "bribe", as too low an offer gets rejected by the artist, but too high an offer and you may end up overpaying for something. I end up leaving any shop that says "bribe".

Speaking of shops, anyone have a shop or artist to suggest? I'm hosting a holiday event for another guild and looking for artists who might be willing to draw a few avatars. Funding is limited though.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:35 pm
Darkerdemons
sweatdrop Is there a good guide/thread that helps users understand the concept of "bribing"?

I get really nervous when an artist says "bribe", as too low an offer gets rejected by the artist, but too high an offer and you may end up overpaying for something. I end up leaving any shop that says "bribe".

Speaking of shops, anyone have a shop or artist to suggest? I'm hosting a holiday event for another guild and looking for artists who might be willing to draw a few avatars. Funding is limited though.

I've never seen a guide for bribing. It'd be a rather shallow guide if there were one. I can give you a few tips though:

1. Do your research and see what other art shops are asking for and what other users are offering. Pay attention to the quality of the art as well. This will kinda give you a ballpark range of what the current art price average is.

2. If you still aren't sure what you should offer, wait a little while and see what other people are offering are offering that particular artist.

3. Art prices are constantly fluctuating, so sometimes you can get away with a lowball or need to offer a little bit higher than average to get your order accepted. It really depends on the personality of the artist. Do what you can to learn about them and see how flexible they are. Some are pretty lenient with prices, some stern.  

Auriga La Shock

zOMG Knight

81,050 Points
  • Graveyard of Achievements 500
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:13 pm
Auriga La Shock
Darkerdemons

I've never seen a guide for bribing. It'd be a rather shallow guide if there were one. I can give you a few tips though:

1. Do your research and see what other art shops are asking for and what other users are offering. Pay attention to the quality of the art as well. This will kinda give you a ballpark range of what the current art price average is.

2. If you still aren't sure what you should offer, wait a little while and see what other people are offering are offering that particular artist.

3. Art prices are constantly fluctuating, so sometimes you can get away with a lowball or need to offer a little bit higher than average to get your order accepted. It really depends on the personality of the artist. Do what you can to learn about them and see how flexible they are. Some are pretty lenient with prices, some stern.

biggrin Thank you for the advice Auriga!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:45 pm
emotion_zzz I'm tired and just want to start participating in the holiday event, but all the topics are locked for me and I can't make a thread. All the instructions say 'make a post' or 'make a thread' (can't do any of that though). What is Step 1 for participating in the Gaia Holiday Event? Read the staff notice. Everything was halted.  

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

Iunacat

Adorable Master

7,975 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:44 pm
SO basically, i want to know a few things. My name is Blazing-luna2002, and i am leader of my own guild.
1: What can you do with the guild money? other than buy forums
2: What is the easiest way to get members for my guild?
3: What is the best way to get your guild members to be active?
We post a lot daily and still nothing.
4: would any of you be willing to join my guild?

I hope you see these and answer them ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:20 pm
blazing-luna2002
SO basically, i want to know a few things. My name is Blazing-luna2002, and i am leader of my own guild.

1. Guild announcements cost money, and that's taken out of your guild account.
Um, you can rent a chat space for your guild members to meet up in a Towns-like environment. Basically, the space is rather blank, but people can walk around within the space and chat just like on Towns.
Edit; The guild account is rather useless otherwise. That's why guilds (like this one) often have a treasurer account mule and ask for donations to be sent to an account... so that the money is available to use in guild contests and such.

2. You can make a thread to recruit others in the Guilds forum.
Problem is, I don't know how active that forum is anymore, really... but it's a shot.

Also, according to the official guilds guide, you can advertise by: "Advertise your guild in the GGN Disccussion forum [coming soon]. Put a link in your sig. Send out invites to interesting people. Make sure you have an appropriate category and that you have relevant keywords in your title and description so users can find it easy during a search."

Also ;D you can advertise to NSTGers through their announcements. It costs gold, but it's cheap! Advertising in the NSTG Monthly (post 2), would add your banner to an announcement like this.

3. I've found the best way to keep members active... is if you stay active. Always have discussions available. And XD contests and games help. People like free things. ;D
Who posts a lot daily? And where? I'm not sure what you mean here.

4. I am x --x; kinda stretched thin so I wouldn't make a good guild member of any new guilds. XD; I'd be inactive.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Iunacat

Adorable Master

7,975 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:19 pm
sdrawkcab
blazing-luna2002

Um, you can rent a chat space for your guild members to meet up in a Towns-like environment. Basically, the space is rather blank, but people can walk around within the space and chat just like on Towns.
Edit; The guild account is rather useless otherwise. That's why guilds (like this one) often have a treasurer account mule and ask for donations to be sent to an account... so that the money is available to use in guild contests and such.

Problem is, I don't know how active that forum is anymore, really... but it's a shot.

Also, according to the official guilds guide, you can advertise by: "Advertise your guild in the GGN Disccussion forum [coming soon]. Put a link in your sig. Send out invites to interesting people. Make sure you have an appropriate category and that you have relevant keywords in your title and description so users can find it easy during a search."

Also ;D you can advertise to NSTGers through their announcements. It costs gold, but it's cheap! Advertising in the NSTG Monthly (post 2), would add your banner to an announcement like this.

3. I've found the best way to keep members active... is if you stay active. Always have discussions available. And XD contests and games help. People like free things. ;D

4. I am x --x; kinda stretched thin so I wouldn't make a good guild member of any new guilds. XD; I'd be inactive.

I mean in my guild we post daily. And id love to have you in my guild even if you where barely active. ^^
here is the link:
https://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/blazing-shadows/g.451475
I will check the advertisement out as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:22 pm
blazing-luna2002
sdrawkcab
blazing-luna2002

I mean in my guild we post daily. And id love to have you in my guild even if you where barely active. ^^
here is the link:

Haha, persistent! Sure. I'll join now and check it out another time.
And, ah, okay. I guess I was wondering about the 'still nothing' comment. So, you're saying that your guild is active, but you don't get many join requests? That's... pretty typical if you guys aren't out in the forums also, advertising the guild. No one will know you exist.

And oh! Here's another idea. Prep for the next site-wide Gaia event (Valentine's Day) or any other event you guys like. Make a thread in that event forum and plan for you all to post there... chat with people... or just generally keep it active. Have some sort of contest or giveaway running in that thread. Anything fun with an incentive.
Event forums get a ton of traffic.
And just like... say that it's hosted by the Blazing Shadows guild. And that people are welcome to join if they'd like. ;3 Sooo~ you all can have some fun and might gain some new blood as people stick around for the contest.
... Maybe have certain pages like "first post on page 7 gets this!" "3rd post on page 12!" ...Or whatever contest you guys would like to hold. You'll want it to be something that can span a few days tho.. and not won in the first hour.
... Usually people make some sort of rule that you must have made 5 posts in the thread beforehand... so that you don't get snipers winning. But hey, that might be too much to keep up with. Anyway XD; you'll also get a lot of people bumping a thread that's advertising your guild for you. ;3

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Iunacat

Adorable Master

7,975 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:36 pm
sdrawkcab
blazing-luna2002
sdrawkcab
blazing-luna2002

here is the link:

Haha, persistent! Sure. I'll join now and check it out another time.
And, ah, okay. I guess I was wondering about the 'still nothing' comment. So, you're saying that your guild is active, but you don't get many join requests? That's... pretty typical if you guys aren't out in the forums also, advertising the guild. No one will know you exist.

And oh! Here's another idea. Prep for the next site-wide Gaia event (Valentine's Day) or any other event you guys like. Make a thread in that event forum and plan for you all to post there... chat with people... or just generally keep it active. Have some sort of contest or giveaway running in that thread. Anything fun with an incentive.
Event forums get a ton of traffic.
And just like... say that it's hosted by the Blazing Shadows guild. And that people are welcome to join if they'd like. ;3 Sooo~ you all can have some fun and might gain some new blood as people stick around for the contest.
... Maybe have certain pages like "first post on page 7 gets this!" "3rd post on page 12!" ...Or whatever contest you guys would like to hold. You'll want it to be something that can span a few days tho.. and not won in the first hour.
... Usually people make some sort of rule that you must have made 5 posts in the thread beforehand... so that you don't get snipers winning. But hey, that might be too much to keep up with. Anyway XD; you'll also get a lot of people bumping a thread that's advertising your guild for you. ;3

Ill look into these ideas, thank you. But you can also look at the guild once you are in and make some suggestions then. if you are free and willing to help..  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:03 am
Is there a way to learn image mapping here? o3o the one you guys do when you send your newsletters? I kinda wanted to earn honest gold/platinum here in gaia.. and I think Image mapping thingy might help me earn more than just bumping..  

Kimochii Sandayuu

Newbie Raider

3,900 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:43 am
    Hi there! I learned everything about making an image-map from this guide.

Kimochii Sandayuu
    Is there a way to learn image mapping here? o3o the one you guys do when you send your newsletters? I kinda wanted to earn honest gold/platinum here in gaia.. and I think Image mapping thingy might help me earn more than just bumping..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:49 am
Ebania
    Hi there! I learned everything about making an image-map from this guide.

Kimochii Sandayuu

Thanks ebania biggrin  

Kimochii Sandayuu

Newbie Raider

3,900 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50

Kimochii Sandayuu

Newbie Raider

3,900 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:21 pm
Ebania

are you paying for your hosting? Was wondering if free hosting in angelfire would still work?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:27 pm
eek I've never heard of or known about image mapping before =O It sounds like sorcery to me  

Auriga La Shock

zOMG Knight

81,050 Points
  • Graveyard of Achievements 500
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:27 pm
    I'm not paying for my hosting, but I don't know if that's because Angelfire grandfathered in everyone who had an account before beginning to charge, nor do I know of other hosting sites that are free to use. User Image

Kimochii Sandayuu
    are you paying for your hosting? Was wondering if free hosting in angelfire would still work?

☆ Questions and Assistance

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff