Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Against Oblivion. (3.5 D&D, Game is dead ) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:03 pm
Ishazi
Dion Necurat
Ishazi
Dion Necurat
Ishazi

Saint said play nice so I will and not continue this line of the conversation. So Mr. Fancy Paladin pants how are you and who's your god?

Again, purely in jest. I'm only kidding, hence the emote.

My character follows teachings of Justice and Mercy; as a result, he's immersed himself in the teachings of Heironeous, Pelor and Raziel. It fits since they're all allies.

Um did you read the pantheon in Saint's post I don't think any of those gods exist in his setting.

Um yeah, still doesn't change the fact I follow the teachings of Justice and Mercy.

In any case, the pantheons I listed are for a mechanics perspective. The build requires me to be followers of these people.

Oh sorry I hadn't looked at your character sheet so I didn't know that you were referring to the mechanics only. But I have a question when did a Jewish/Christian Angel become a God in D&D? (of course I am referring to Raziel)

Not exactly a deity, but one that is close enough to godhood. Essentially, the Fist of Raziel (one of the prestige classes needed for the build) is an order of knights that follows in Raziel's example.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:11 pm
Okay so here is some back story on what is going on.
It has been 20 years since the Imperial civil war also known as the Inquisition of Mage's. Hundreds if not thousands of mage's were hunted down and killed because they refused to serve the empire as living weapons. The Empress's cousin Odium who also happened to be a mage (I am using it a general term for arcane spell casters) raised a army and over threw the empress and placed herself upon the throne. She restored peace and prosperity to the empire. Meanwhile the kingdoms of Ratenah and Jenativa were going through their own troubles. The king of Ratenah was assassinated and replaced by by one of his generals a man by the name of Eli Liet who introduced the practice of Oblivion worship to the people there. In Jenativa a strange illness broke out that caused thousands to die. They couldn't find a cure and before anyone could anything to stop it's spread people began rising as wraith's. Not the incorporeal undead creatures most people think of but strange evil monsters partly composed of flesh and mist. These wraith also seem to have some strange affinity for Oblivion. They over ran the kingdom in only a few short years. Reports have started to come in that these wraith have been spotted near the border of the empire and have even attacked some people. The empire has begun to prepare for war against these horrid creatures but many fear that should Oblivion himself appear as many ancient prophecies for tell all will be doomed.  

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Ishazi

6,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:13 pm
Dion Necurat
Ishazi
Dion Necurat
Ishazi
Dion Necurat
Ishazi

Saint said play nice so I will and not continue this line of the conversation. So Mr. Fancy Paladin pants how are you and who's your god?

Again, purely in jest. I'm only kidding, hence the emote.

My character follows teachings of Justice and Mercy; as a result, he's immersed himself in the teachings of Heironeous, Pelor and Raziel. It fits since they're all allies.

Um did you read the pantheon in Saint's post I don't think any of those gods exist in his setting.

Um yeah, still doesn't change the fact I follow the teachings of Justice and Mercy.

In any case, the pantheons I listed are for a mechanics perspective. The build requires me to be followers of these people.

Oh sorry I hadn't looked at your character sheet so I didn't know that you were referring to the mechanics only. But I have a question when did a Jewish/Christian Angel become a God in D&D? (of course I am referring to Raziel)

Not exactly a deity, but one that is close enough to godhood. Essentially, the Fist of Raziel (one of the prestige classes needed for the build) is an order of knights that follows in Raziel's example.

Which book is that in?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:15 pm
Mongooseh
All hail Kain he is the best and his book agrees with me.

Death is the only truth all things shall come to a end even this Kain.... My character is a bit of a dead pan snarker.  

Ishazi

6,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:19 pm
Ishazi
Dion Necurat
Ishazi
Dion Necurat
Ishazi

Which book is that in?

Book of Exhalted Deeds. I'm still looking up info on Raziel; he might be in Complete Divine.

EDIT: Nope. Still hunting.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:27 pm
This is what is considered to be the whole of all the knowledge anyone really has about Oblivion.
The Legend of Oblivion and the first world.
From the Nexus of the Aether came the first and from him all things did spring. He created the Heavens and the Hell's and all the planes of existence. He did fashion the gods to govern his creation. Once done he did depart into the realm of Eternity. The gods wishing to please there maker did create life to fill his creation. On a plane of chaos they did place these creations and called it the mortal realm. This did not please the maker for the gods creations were flawed and weak. They succumb to death. The maker sought to destroy mortals. The gods did not wish this to happen so they did go to war with the maker. All of the gods were no match for him. He sundered the world of mortals but the gods had a plan. They stripped him of his ability to take form and cast him into the furthest plane of existence. They then took the pieces of the first world and made many but three they chose to prepare for the makers return. It would be on these worlds that the war against oblivion would fought. The gods knew for oblivion to return he would need a vessel to contain him and of the creatures in existence only one possessed the potential to do so. Mortals. But to bind himself to a mortal vessel would leave him vulnerable for it would make him mortal as well. It was declared by the gods one would come that could kill him. This person would be Oblivions bane.
Writings of The Sage Holbian. 323 A.o.A.  

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:32 pm
Ishazi
Dion Necurat
saint odium
Dion Necurat
saint odium
yup

Well that's good. Only time where that will be a detriment is for Lantern Light. I have to wait a full day after sex before I can use it again.

Fapping doesn't count

I'm aware; the rules are pretty clear on that. However, given we have a hooker in the group ( razz ), figured it would be a good idea to note.

I never said I was a hooker.
I think we're going to get along juuust fine pirate  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:50 pm
I finally done my equipment and due to being indecisiveness I defaulted to buying a bunch of scrolls and wands and a fine hat.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:12 pm
Mongooseh
I finally done my equipment and due to being indecisiveness I defaulted to buying a bunch of scrolls and wands and a fine hat.
Hats are always a nice accessory.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:24 pm
purest_heart
Mongooseh

Hat of disguise means ill never need another hat again.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:13 pm
Mongooseh
purest_heart
Mongooseh

Never is a bad word you shouldn't say.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:22 pm
dramallama
saint odium
Mongooseh
purest_heart
Mongooseh

At the least I'll never need another mundane hat since hat of disguise can be any head wear.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:28 pm
Mongooseh
dramallama
saint odium
Mongooseh
purest_heart
Mongooseh

At the least I'll never need another mundane hat since hat of disguise can be any head wear.

you should have it be one of those hats with the propeller on it.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:30 pm
So unless someone else wishes to join I'll be starting in the morning after I get home from work. Please quote this if you need more time.  

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:46 pm
So I will repost the map when I start so everyone has a chance to look it over when we begin. If there are any last minute question I will be on all night. You can pm me if you want.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff