Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[SWSE] Dawn of Defiance <OoC> {Not accepting} Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Seph Baelzara rolled 5 20-sided dice: 2, 1, 1, 18, 3 Total: 25 (5-100)

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:48 pm
Rolls  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:33 pm
Well... hope that attack does something.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:47 pm
All I can say is there's no visible effect currently.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:44 am
Can I 5ft step onto the bed and shoot without provoking AOO?  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:33 pm
Yes it's the withdraw action covered in movement actions in the combat chapter. You can only make one 5' movement in the most direct route out of threatened squares.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:56 pm
well its not that straight forward since it is onto an elevated position.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:18 pm
Mongooseh
well its not that straight forward since it is onto an elevated position.

Actually I think the bed would count as difficult terrain (Below three feet off the ground. If not below half of that. However the bunk bed has another bed making a very low ceiling in affect. *EDIT: The reason splitting that hair is important is how it interacts with certain skills.*). Unfortunately you do not have acrobatics trained. It's a DC 15 check to ignore difficult terrain. Actually acrobatics would help you avoid a lot of this right here. I think you need to make an melee attack with the rifle butt or soak an AoOpp. Also since you might be provoking an AoOp regardless. You might want to brace and auto fire to catch two droids at once to help the wookie.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:21 pm
Few things:
-There is no 5' foot movement in SAGA Edition. At least, not that I can see in the Core rules. If it's there please point me to the page number. However, Withdraw is still here.
-Diagonal movement costs 2 movement, moving through threatened costs a further 2. So Lorwookar's total movement to in front of the Ewok costs 8.
-Moving onto the bunk beds would be considered difficult terrain.

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:33 pm
Fixed my post. I know we talked about that earlier I just forgot to cut that out. I'm still really surprised there isn't a free action 5' move though. >_> That's really strange.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:38 pm
Sorry about my lack of response to your question. I didn't have access to my SAGA books when I posted, and I only had internet access for about half an hour while I borrowed my mom's computer, so I just didn't get a chance to reply, because I didn't even know you were asking for it. My bad.

It behooves me, in general, to ask in general about the dark side points (and it should have beforehand, I suppose). I have no problem with Mir Eshke falling to the Dark Side. My whole conception of her was that she was a dark sider. But, of course, the question becomes whether or not you want a character who has fully fallen. I know the core rules recommend the character becomes an NPC unless the DM is willing to allow it. So, the question becomes, are you willing to allow it?  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:53 pm
Seph Baelzara
Few things:
-Diagonal movement costs 2 movement, moving through threatened costs a further 2. So Lorwookar's total movement to in front of the Ewok costs 8.

Not from what I can figure, but maybe I'm wrong. How are you seeing it?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:25 pm
Anatarei Crimsonthrone
Seph Baelzara
Few things:

Not from what I can figure, but maybe I'm wrong. How are you seeing it?

That, sir, would be a total derp moment on my part. Last time I try and count when half-asleep.
You're good. ^.^; Forgive me.

Disciple of Sakura
It behooves me, in general, to ask in general about the dark side points (and it should have beforehand, I suppose). I have no problem with Mir Eshke falling to the Dark Side. My whole conception of her was that she was a dark sider. But, of course, the question becomes whether or not you want a character who has fully fallen. I know the core rules recommend the character becomes an NPC unless the DM is willing to allow it. So, the question becomes, are you willing to allow it?

As said in the beginning, I personally have no problem with running with a Dark Side-r. However, that doesn't mean I speak for the group in their acceptance of it. So, for as long as you can keep yourself alive/active within this group, I don't mind you keeping control. Mostly because I feel it's a d**k move to take away a PC's character that they've built up and gotten to know/love.
I'll just keep notifying whenever you, or anyone else, gains a point. And just like before, if anyone is going to lower said score, especially after invoking the Dark Side so willingly, I want an exposition as to why they're removing themselves from the power they've accepted.
It's just that I don't feel it's quite right for any PC to go "Whoop! Dark side points, I'll just expend X points to lower it" and act like it never happened.
... Unless it's an accidental mark, then I'd be more accepting of it.

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:58 pm
About the only thing Mir Eshke would do is basically focus herself to tamp down the Dark Side's influence. It wouldn't be redemption/giving up the path, so much as reigning her own will over it. In game terms, it could amount to a similar overall result. Maybe. But that'd get in the way of taking the later Dark Side-based PrCs that I might like to take. razz  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:23 pm
...Okay, this is getting ridiculous, Seph. We've done our part. Its been two weeks. Get your s**t together.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers