Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 10-sided dice: 7, 3, 4 Total: 14 (3-30)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:46 pm
More explody Init, with extra dice incase of more EXPLODY  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:38 pm
@ Go Competition:

Judging from Sumi's small frame, which seemed malnourished upon closer examination, it's probably not an illness, so much as she is naturally unhealthy. With as much attention as it appears she pays book, one might argue that she's a victim of Bad Health.

"I'm... I'm fine. Let's just play the game. There's not many moves left, so let us play it to the conclusion."

Realizing that she had followed her pre-determined battle plan through to the end, she saw that it had not worked out for her like she had expected it to. At this point, her strategy crumbled, and she was simply on damage control.

{Games: Go check with void point for +1k1. 56(!) vs TN 30, still 2/3 failures}

When she put her mind to it and started making decisions for herself, she did not do so badly; whether or not she learned this lesson though, it came a little too late in the match.

Kyumi, your TN is 30!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Agent Sinistra rolled 4 10-sided dice: 5, 5, 8, 9 Total: 27 (4-40)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:20 pm
@ Go Competition:

Rain Yupa
Judging from Sumi's small frame, which seemed malnourished upon closer examination, it's probably not an illness, so much as she is naturally unhealthy. With as much attention as it appears she pays book, one might argue that she's a victim of Bad Health.

"I'm... I'm fine. Let's just play the game. There's not many moves left, so let us play it to the conclusion."

Realizing that she had followed her pre-determined battle plan through to the end, she saw that it had not worked out for her like she had expected it to. At this point, her strategy crumbled, and she was simply on damage control.

{Games: Go check with void point for +1k1. 56(!) vs TN 30, still 2/3 failures}

When she put her mind to it and started making decisions for herself, she did not do so badly; whether or not she learned this lesson though, it came a little too late in the match.

Kyumi, your TN is 30!

Upon recognizing that Sumi was not actually ill, Kyumi relaxes some. She resists the slight urge to give Sumi a bad time about not taking better care of herself, if only because she, herself, is not the paragon of healthy living, no matter how much she tried.

"Of course. It's pointless to delay any further." Kyumi answered before starting an attempt to capture as much territory as she could in the last few rounds of the game.

((4k3 + 1k1 (1 void point); 24 vs TN 30; 3/3 Failures. ))  
Agent Sinistra rolled 3 10-sided dice: 2, 7, 6 Total: 15 (3-30)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:45 pm
(( Rolling the extra; 1st is the roll being kept, rest are in case of explosions. ))  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:51 pm
@ Go Competition:

As the last of the stones would be used up at the table, it would be a downright close call. It was not readily apparent who was the victor until actual territories were tallied up, showing that Asako Sumi had come out ahead by the slimmest margin.

"It appears I am the victor. Although... I confess it doesn't feel like one. I did everything I was supposed to, but... it didn't turn out like it was supposed to. In truth..." She would hang her head a bit down at what she was about to say. "In truth, I've only played against tutors before, never competitively. I thought, if I had studied hard enough, it would have been enough..." she would sound downright disappointed with herself.

Winner: Asako Sumi
Winner: Asahina Kenichi

--------------------

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Later...

After Kyumi and Sumi would report back to the Magistrate about the results of their match, it would seem the two gentlemen playing, Kenichi and the Dragon named Makoto, were still finishing up. After a few more minutes, Kyumi would overhear that Kenichi had won, likewise by a small margin, much to Makoto's surprise.

After hearing their next matches, Kyumi would find herself paired with another Phoenix woman; however, unlike the timid, tiny Sumi, Toyoko carried herself confidently and proudly.

"Hi! I'm Toyoko! Isawa Toyoko! It's a pleasure to meet you!" she would say to Kyumi, bowing. "I promise to make this game sporting for you, on one condition." She wound wink and waggle a finger at the Lioness. "And that's only if you tell me all the details about your match with Kenichi. I want to hear all about it!"

She didn't seem all that interested in starting the game, so it would be up to Kitsu Kyumi to determine the terms!  
Sutiiven rolled 6 10-sided dice: 1, 3, 5, 10, 4, 10 Total: 33 (6-60)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:41 pm
Hisashi made a slight "Hm" as Ide Jiro was just "building the tension." Such an interesting development it was, for he had not taken the Unicorn Emissary to be one for... ahem... dramatics. But no matter. The debate would continue on.

"Forgive me for diverting back to Doji-san's comment... but I feel that such an theory as his about the increased land is not entirely without merit. Sure, more land would allow conflicts to be farther apart."

He would then raise a hand, index finger up in emphasis.

"However, I do not think that this is a boon. The further the distance, the longer our allies are away from home. If, say, the outsiders we have conquered rise up and attempt to reclaim their lands - lands that we ourselves are fighting over! Our numbers will be dwindled... an area of under-defended territory could be taken before we would have time to call them back for assistance."

He would then open himself up again and shake his head.

"We are a strong people, but if our warriors are off fighting another clan for territory, say, three days travel away, by the time we sent for our allies to return... our very lifestyle could be destroyed by a different enemy."

He would finish off the tea in his cup, and sit the empty vessel down to build some tension of his own.

"Is that worth the extra territory? I think not. No change in internal conflicts, increased threat from external conflicts. Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but it seems... how should I put this... as if we're trying to spend our koku on too many plows and not enough seeds."

{Courtier Check 34 vs. TN 15 - 6k3}  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Sutiiven rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 3 Total: 9 (2-20)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:42 pm
Exploding Dice  
Psychofish rolled 3 10-sided dice: 3, 7, 3 Total: 13 (3-30)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:24 pm
Martial Competition

"Ah, I was afraid that might come off untoward."

Maintaining the distance, the cloaked bushi drew the katana from his side- flicking his cloak open to reveal light armor, showing some signs of wear recently- and if one looked closely, what appeared to be a bit of only just drying blood near the places where the red kimono beneath that armor was parted.

"It seems another body was desired to balance the bracket. I did not feel it fair to flaunt my return to the others whom luck did not favor in the first round."

And with that, he reached one hand up and pushed the hood away from his face.

"I am Ujina Denbe. It is an honor."

[3k2 Initiative: 10]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:32 pm
@ Martial Duels:

"We've asked the competitors from the first bracket that did not win their first rounds; two were unwilling to compete, and one was unable." Seppun Benjiro would explain to not only Zanzen, but the rest of the samurai gathered here. "Ujina Denbe was the only one to accept the challenge of competing again, and wins the draft by default. When you are ready, gentlemen, you may fight!" And with that, the Magistrate would signal the two bushi to go!  
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 7, 7, 4, 5, 5, 7 Total: 35 (6-60)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:24 pm
Kojiro's hands trembled in anticipation as his match was called forward. I hope to give you a better battle than I gave Lord Hida, Lion!" The Scorpion bushi said as he bowed to his opponent.

Initiative= 21
6k3. Drawing exploding dice from non kept dice.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Raganui Minamoto rolled 8 10-sided dice: 6, 1, 9, 6, 8, 9, 6, 5 Total: 50 (8-80)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:31 pm
"I see. But pushing yourself can lead to weariness." Taking a moment to consider the man, the Crane moved in quickly, unleashing a flash of steel in an arc from Denbe's left hip towards his right shoulder, the sword sheathing again just as fast.

Attack: 8k5

38 to hit.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 6 10-sided dice: 9, 2, 5, 2, 10, 3 Total: 31 (6-60)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:37 pm
Not sure of his defense, so I'll roll damage.

6k2 = 28 if it hits.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 9, 9, 2, 9, 7 Total: 36 (5-50)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:39 pm
EXPLOSION

extra incase of more explody... taking 1st  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 3 10-sided dice: 7, 3, 7 Total: 17 (3-30)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:59 pm
Seichiro smiled, then bowed down to the Scorpion. "We shall see. For now, let us enjoy the bout, shall we?" He quickly drew his Katana, ready for action.

6K3 Initiative  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games