Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rising Stars Writing Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild built for writers of all skill levels to learn to become better writers. 

Tags: Aspiring writers, Fun writing games, Creative writing classes, writing feedback, Good literary works 

Reply Rising Stars Writing Guild
(POST HERE FIRST) Introduce youself here!!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FiREFLi STUDiOS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:23 pm
1) What experience do you have as a writer and as a literature critique?

Well, I have always been writing stories and such. I have dabbled in poetry and lyrics, but fiction seems to be my strong point. At least that's what I like best. As far as critiquing goes, I have more experience in critiquing visual art works, though in my writing class we are working on a critique assignment right now, though I'm a bit lost with that...

2) What part of the guild interests you the most? Where do you think you'll be spending most of your time here?

I look forward to having the opportunity to post my writing and getting feedback on it. I also look forward to reading everyone else's stuff.

3) What do you want to do with the skills you get from this guild?

Hopefully I will gain the skills and confidence I need to one day get published. I also want to make lost of good friends!

4) Anything else you want us to know about you?

I am also a visual artist. I enjoy doing character designs for my stories. I also really enjoy making things with my hands; ceramics, books, jewelry, clothes, etc...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:44 pm
Well, um, I've written things for a website called Literotica, (which is not suitable for kids!), and I've also edited for other people on there. I also write a lot of essays and short stories.

2) What part of the guild interests you the most? Where do you think you'll be spending most of your time here?
To me, the most interesting part is the classrooms. I love to write things and have them critiqued because it helps me grow as a writer. And I love to critique people because it trains my mind to find mistakes in my own writing.

I'm actually hoping to write a book one day. Hopefully I can become a better writer.

Um, not really =D

Shebango

SoldierInTheLordsArmy

7,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:46 am
1) What experience do you have as a writer and as a literature critique? (unofficial stuff on the side like hobbies counts too. Don't be afraid to say you're just getting interested in writing if that is the case.)

I've been working on novels for three years now but haven't finished any of them. As a critic I have some experience because I often look over peoples papers before they hand them in.

Discussions about how to make my writing better mostly.

Hopefully become a better writer and editor.

If you want to know something about me, just ask.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:05 am
1) What experience do you have as a writer and as a literature critique? (unofficial stuff on the side like hobbies counts too. Don't be afraid to say you're just getting interested in writing if that is the case.)
I am just interested in writing, well unless english class counts?

I am not sure yet. I am still checking it out.

I just want to be a better writter so maybe I can share my work with someone.

There isnt much else to know, but you can PM me if you do want to know anything...if that made any sense...  

fallen harts

1,500 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

jijithehuman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
I got interested in writing when i was in school, my teacher praised my work and i started to develop an interest in literature.

I think i would spend the most time in the forums page the most!!
XXDD. I like to see what people post on the guild page!! (Cause im
very curious!)

hmmm...
I would like to show my improvement or anything that i gained from the guild to spread it out to other people.

Hmm...
not anything else...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:43 pm
I've written short stories and I finished my first novel for Nanowrimo, but I quickly dumped it when I realized it just didn't work. So i didn't bother to edit it.

The most interesting is the classrooms and the Personal Files. That's very neat; It's like a personal blog for your writing. I'll be spending most of my time learning from what I can here.

I hope to get a better grasp on plot, characters, style, and just writing itself. And to put all I can into my new current project.

I like weird, insane stories and characters with quirks. Just who I am. And if anyone mentions Twilight to me, I will rant and bash it with my might.  

FeliaFalls

BlackArx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:19 pm
I've written short stories in several websites. Lots of essays and I'm currently writing my first novella. I've done editing for other young writers and translated literature from English to Spanish as a hobby.

I'll be mostly posting my original work for a little con/crit. I might also check out the classrooms.

Get better and better each time. I want to have at least 2 completed novels by the time I'm 20.

Don't be afraid to ask anything. If you need any help proofreading or style editing we could work something out biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:31 pm

-I truly love writing, mainly, novels, but I also work on the occasional play, movie or poem. As far as critiquing, I'm not expert but I love to help where I can, speak the truth and point out what I can find both good and bad.

-I'm more towards prose, I'll critique as much as I can, and hopefully get a few for my own bits of work posted up.

-Improve my writing ability, mainly grammar and spelling. Spell check is not all that great and does not exist in real life.

-Other than writing I role play as well, for fun and inspiration, like a free writing exercise. I'm a college student, I live in new york and I'm really into games. As much as I like video games and writing I'm a party girl still >.<  

Issari

beautifuldream8

5,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:27 am
I love writing my own stories. I like to wonder and dream of the things that I see. I read books that talk about people's lives so that's what I write about.

I am interested in trying new ways of writing stories and I like knowing that I will be crituqed and informed in my weaker areas. I will absolutly spend most of my time in the Original Stories forum.

I want to expand my imagination and to get help with my dialogue.

I like having you all comment on my work and I am happy to be a new member here. I am a quiet person, but I exress how loud I am through my stories.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:40 am
) What experience do you have as a writer and as a literature critique? (unofficial stuff on the side like hobbies counts too. Don't be afraid to say you're just getting interested in writing if that is the case.)
Umm... I had some stuff published at my old school, and I was What do you want to do with the skills you get from this guild?in the newspapers a few times. Mostly, I write for myself. a lots of fanfic. I also beta-read alot.
2 What part of the guild interests you the most? Where do you think you'll be spending most of your time here?
Being able to get feedback on my stories, cause hardly anyone ever comments on fanfic sites.
3 What do you want to do with the skills you get from this guild?
improve my writing, and to explore my skills.
4.Anything else you want us to know about you?
I loves comments, I'm not easily angered by constructive critisim, and my spellcheck has been busted since 2001. NOT KIDDING.  

Lovely_Dead_Trash

Rygeor

Amateur Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:18 pm
Im mostly a newbie when it comes to writing. I was hoping I could develope and flourish in this guild ^^

By far the classrooms ^^ Im eager to learn and develope my skills.

Umm. Hmm. Id probably use them to better myself, my skills, gain skills, etc. Im also sort of interested in possibly writing a book or something. (Several of my friends write scripts and the like, and im sort of interested in making something of my own.)

Im going to be in Gr12 this September. So I may be focusing on school more, and use the skills from here to improve my English mark. (Which, is my lowest mark atm xD Im more of a techie, scientific kind of guy xD)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:33 pm
Im currently trying to publish a book, and I have many ideas for books, I go on sites with rp to practice describing and I write tons of poetry.

FICTION AND POETRY!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin

Publish a book, enter writing contests.

At times my poetry can become really dark, but im a bright person  

iSqueeze

Sh3LbZ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:45 pm

I have been interested in writing for about a year now and have dabbled in it occasionally but I have recently wanted to get serious about it so I do not have very much experience I am afraid but that is one of things I am hoping to change by joining this guild.

I will most likely be spending most of my time either in the Classroom subforum or the Original Works subforums, hoping I will better my writing by getting advise from other aspiring writers.

I wish to use the skills I learn here to continuously better my writing and carry them with me for a very long time.

My works are generally a bit dark and depressing, they are also very short because I can't focus too long on something with out losing interest. Which is something I would like to change in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:03 pm

Hello! I am xx_Spazztic Unicorn_xx.
You can call me Spazzy, or you may call me by my real name, Patti.

1. What experience do you have as a writer and as a literature critique?
I'm in my fourth High School English class, next year's being the highest level possible-- AP Language and Literature. And I'm super psyched! English has always been my absolute favorite class, and without it, I'm not sure where I would be.
I had taken an interest in writing at an early age, writing my first poem at the age of eight or so and getting one "published" (which was really just having it posted, since I agreed to write a poem for one of their themes) on a website when I was eleven or so. I was thrilled, and loved the fact that people were looking at a work of mine and were envoking feelings through it. I wanted to keep making people "feel" like that, so I kept writing. I've branched out to short stories and essays and things now, but poetry is still my love. I've gotten poems published in school newspapers and various other local places, and one went to win an award in my middle school years, but nothing too big.
I'm not a star poet, I'm a starving poet, and no matter how many of my poems go published (or unpublished, for that matter) in the future, I will always be a starving poet. I want to gobble up the world and everything in it to be able to spit it back out again and help people listen to it, understand it, and feel something for it.

2. What part of the guild interests you the most? Where do you think you'll be spending most of your time here?
I'll probably be sticking to the poetry section a lot, but I'll be wandering around, looking for things to critique, edit, people to help, maybe try my hand at short stories again, etc.
I'll be everywhere and anywhere, if I can.

3. What do you want to do with the skills you get from this guild?
As mentioned above, whenever I write, it doesn't matter to me how many awards it gets, if it's approved by everyone, or if it's the newest and most unique writing out there. I only want to be able to take the tangle of what's inside of me and unravel it so that I can cut words out of it-- words that others can read, feel for, and connect with. I want to evoke feelings from my readers, make them think deeply about themselves, the world...
I don't want to make a huge change with what I write.
I don't want the world to magically be better with one exsquisite poem.
The world needs lots of small, but good poems.
Lots of small, but good poems that touch lots of people who have a small, but good impact on the world.
Through poetry I have been spoken to through many different languages, many tones of voices, many thoughts and sounds.
Their words have buried themselves into my heart.
And now,
I want to be that speaker.

But the future is too far away. Time to think of the present!
So, at the moment, I'm hoping to better get a grasp of how I can better put myself out there-- how to challenge myself in writing. I'd also like to explore a few more styles as well as genres. I've lost my previous touch with short stories and now don't seem to have the will or attention to write for a long period of time, so I definetely would like to to change that. I certainly never want to find myself in a situation where I'm bored with my writing, so hopefully this will-power problem will go away with a little practice.

4. Anything else you want us to know about you?
As you can see, I utterly and completely overdo it when I am writing things out. I also am a perfectionist, so I check it, double check it, and triple check it for mistakes. Even when it's a minor post. Call me thorough. Call me ridiculous. I call myself both. When I write, I write a lot. I'm sorry if I bore you, or if you get bored trying to get to the end of my writing.
Don't give up! I'll try my best to make it worth it.
For the meantime, keep in mind that I am awfully, awfully superfluous.

So if you've read all the way through this, congratulations!
As a reward, if you PM me with any questions-- absolutely any at all-- I will answer them!
:3

lalkaleliel

Spork_All_The_Way

4,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:56 am

I've always been interested in writing, but I was super bad at it until about 5 years ago. I've gone through a couple Creative Writing and Journalism classes since. As far as editing goes, I help my mom with whatever she happens to be writing at the moment by going over it for mistakes in grammar and flow.

I don't really know. I enjoy many types of writing, so I'll probably spread my time out in between many facets of the guild.

I just want to write a lot, and maybe complete a few more short stories. I seem to have trouble with longer stories, but maybe that's something I can fix while I'm here.

I use writing as a catharsis of sorts, it's how I release my pent up emotions. If I write something extremely angry, it's because that's how I was feeling at that point in time. I'm not bipolar or anything, I just tend to exaggerate what I'm feeling when I pour it into writing.  
Rising Stars Writing Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff