Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Fool's Grove [4e] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 36 37 38 39 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

veccna

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:54 am
((OOC: I'm sorry all I've been gone for far too long. My parents i guess didn't have the money for the internet bill so they took it off till they paid. Now everything is better though, sorry for mid turn cutting out and being gone for aweek sad  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:36 am
veccna
((OOC: I'm sorry all I've been gone for far too long. My parents i guess didn't have the money for the internet bill so they took it off till they paid. Now everything is better though, sorry for mid turn cutting out and being gone for aweek sad
if you'd like to continue playing you're welcome to, given how that last fight was going before rain jumped in, 6 players might not be out of order. see my last post for current state of affairs in the grove.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:43 pm
"Well, moving on then." Colbertron leads the way deeper into the grove.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:45 pm
"That was a weird welcoming party" Fawks laughs out loud and then follows the Warforged further into the woods.  

Oshi the Killer

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:30 pm
"Perhaps they will be more friendly elsewhere," Vanguard said in disappointment, feeling a tinge of sadness as he looked at what little seemed to remain of the friendly carbuncles. But something had killed them all while he had been trying to keep himself safe from the strange grabbing things.

It made him a little sad, and a little angry, but there was nothing to be done for his poor little friends now.

Once more, he seemed ready enough to follow his allies lead, however, watching to see if they would continue now or rest.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:37 pm
"Hold up!" Mercutio suddenly shouted out, waving an arm as he jogged over to the rest of the party. "I'm Brother Mercutio, missionary of the Holy Bastion of Luminosity! I came here to investigate the wrongdoings of Fomorians, who have been active in these parts in recent years! Though, I'm not sure if you gentlemen had noticed, there's this really odd door standing alone not far from this battlefield!"

At that moment, he would turn and start jogging back to the door. Actually, he started jogging a little to the left of the door.

"You guys should check it out! It has my name on it and every*WHUMP!*  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:02 pm
As Colbertron begins to head north, he is able to take in the entirety of the grove, as would anyone else who looks northward, through the lose bunch of trees you're currently surrounded by. A small stream loops into this area from outside the clearing and meanders happily north. A single, old, gray log with no bark allows one to cross the stream to another path. That path wanders toward the dilapidated structure you saw before entering the grove. Rows of a root-vegetable and fungus garden flank the path near the stream and northward, dotted in several places with worn stones that look suspiciously like grave markers. The northernmost rows are covered in winding beanstalks that are taller than a man. Bunnies, large for their ilk, wander the garden, feasting on chutes and leaves. Each of the beasts has an enormous spiral horn jutting from its furry head. Across the path from the beanstalks looms a grassy knoll and a sinister tree. Near the tree is a hideous, grumpy cow with a hunched back, orange hair, a green mane, and bulging eyes that have a vicious gleam. You think you can smell it from here, and that smell isn’t just manure! Perhaps a breather would be in order, before jumping head-first into more potentially vicious and bizarre wildlife.

((Map. the grey-green circle is the knoll, the squiggly lines are the beanstalks, which block line of sight. purple dots are the horny rabbits, the big orange one is the big orange cow.
if anyone wants a short rest, say so. i won't stop you from running in there with any encounters spent or damage you have. won't advise it either, but won't stop you.))  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:20 pm
"Oh s**t!' Fawks turns around and says "Fawks is sorry he forgot about you and the bird dude." Fawks laughs.

"Nice to meet you Brother Mercutio and singing bird dude I'm Fawks.".

Fawks sits the head of his maul on the ground.

"Fawks thinks that we might want to take a breather. We traveled far and some of us are not in mint condition." as Fawks stands there with obvious arrow wounds still bleeding.  

Oshi the Killer

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:23 pm
"Very well, when we come back from the break! Is a horny rabbit a happy rabbit? Stay tuned!"

Colbertron waits, watching the remainder of the grove, unmoving while the others rest.

((spends no surges, regains encounters))  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:57 pm
"Bird... Dude...?" The Kenku squawked in a mixture of shock and disgust, "What an inelegant description..." The Creature ruffled its feathers as it tried to shake away the unsettling words.

There was a small puff of smoke over his shoulder as a small red feathered parrot popped into existence, it let out a loud caw then spoke, "GAW, pin cushion has holes in his head GAW!" it said, then shook its small body. As its feathers ruffled about their color shifted from Red to Purple, only its small hooked beak remained the same yellow shade.

The larger bird creature chucked slightly at the joke. He wasn't sure if the others would pick up on the meaning, but tried to play it off so as not to insult the Maul wielder. After clearing his through he spoke again, "It is my pleasure to greet you fellow travelers, I," his tone became harsh and slightly annoyed for a moment, and he spoke with Fawks voice as he said " 'the Bird Dude...' " He spun around with grace and flare as he danced his way toward center Stage, his voice changing back to normal and with a slight song to his words he announced himself, "Am Sora, master performer and Wordsmith, at your service!" He took a bow.

As the Kenku preformed his Dance and introduction the Parrot clinging to his shoulder mimicked his movements as if they has rehearsed this spectacle. after the bow the bird chimed in, "Will preform for food, GAW! or give him 5 gold and he might just shut up for 2 minutes GAW!" half way through its feathers shifted color again, this time to blue.

Sora stood and shooed the parrot of his shoulder, "That's about enough our of you..." the Parrot took flight and landed on the ground several feet away. "Well if you folks do not mind the bird brain, I would very much like to join you on this little adventure."

"Who you calling a Bird Brain, Bird Brain! GAW!"

Ignoring his color changing familiar he continues "...Perhaps we can get to know each other better over a short break." taking his Lute in hand Sora began to play a restful tune.

Quote:
Minor Action: Summon Familiar.

Racial Ability: Mimicry - Mock Fawk's Voice.

Song of Rest: During a Short rest Allies that can hear me Play regains an extra 4 HP each time they spend a Healing Surge.

Taking a Short Rest - Regain encounter Powers.

SkyCore

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:07 pm
Seeing most of them relaxing, the warforged settled in to do the same, settling about the pond to watch the water cast ripples as he poked at it, even though it was devoid of any especially interesting life like the ones they'd just been so unfortunately been forced to end.

"It is good to meet you, friend Mercutio, friend Sora. It will be good to have your company,"

Vanguard seemed to feel his capacity for eloquence exhausted at this, and relaxed silently otherwise, contemplating and relaxing as his mecha-natural strength returned to him. He decided that he especially liked his two newest friends. The Brother was energetic and a curious sort. He liked the Wordsmith even better- he had a curious creature friend whom Van was quite happy to observe quietly, and his music was especially soothing.

[1 Healing Surge: Regain 14 HP]  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:28 am
"Sora it is then. Fawks believes your the first of your kind he has met. Of course today seems to get only weirder." Fawks leans his maul against his leg and points with one had behind him as the other removes the tiny arrows sticking in the gaps in his plates. Once done Fawks seems to be feeling a tad better.

"Whatever these Forman.... whatever the hell they are they are doing some serious drugs. Does anybody know what they are and they're purpose?" Fawks lets out a chuckle picking up his hammer once again.

Fawks uses a Healing Surge 13 thanks to Sora for the extra 4 leaving Fawks with 22 HP total.  

Oshi the Killer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:21 pm
Brother Mercutio needs no HP or encounter powers restored, but he'll take the rest regardless.

Rubbing his face, he would return to the group. "I, ah... I come bearing bad news. Apparently, some sort of invisible force field seperates us from the rest of the world, the only break in which seems to be that doorway. A door, might I add, that seems impossible to open."

Through the mayhem of the last battle, he hadn't really noticed Sora's entrance, or at least took much note of it. But without the rapid pace of melee dancing around him, he was able to take in more of his situation.

Kneeling behind the Lute-playing Kenku, the Invoker would poke the creature curiously in its back. "Are you a creature of this fantastic realm as well? You don't seem as belligerent as the rest... Tell us, mysterious Sorabird, what manner of trap have we wandered into?"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:51 pm
While Continuing to play the Bird Creature turned toward the priest, "My apologies kind sir, But I fear I have little Knowledge of our current situation. I was rather hoping one of you would fill me in on our present predicament..." He said in harmony with his tune.

"GAW! We're boned!" the parrot squawked as its feathers turned yellow. It hopped off the ground and flew over to the resting Construct, and perched on the Vanguard's shoulder. For a moment Sora was afraid that his Familiar was about to mistake the Warforged for a park statue...  

SkyCore

SkyCore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:19 am
((well if everyone is ready lets move on. I guess its safe to assume that the creatures up there are hostile. maybe someone could try a Nature check on them, mines probably too low.

Strategically, it might be wise to start with Ranged Attacks and spells and try to lure then to our side of the stream.))  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 36 37 38 39 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games