Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Galaxy Cauldron

Back to Guilds

A Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Guild, and haven for Otaku Senshi 

Tags: sailor moon, otaku senshi, bishoujo, magical girl, senshi 

Reply The Galaxy Cauldron
Thoughtful Questions 11/02/09 ^_^ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:30 pm
I don't believe in "survival of the fitttest," most adamently do not, not agree. *shakes head*

It's true that it is present in nature, but I believe human beings are supernatural - that is, above nature, they have a spark of the divine and the ability to transcend base insticts.

Chosing a sick person to die over heatlhy people seems logical, but it is a hop, skip, and a jump away from eugenics. I believe the term "slippery slope" applies here. One day, you chose someone sick to die because "he is going to die anyway," and the next day you chose someone a little less sick because "his life wouldn't be as worthwhile as a healthy person's," then someone mildly sick because "in my opinion, his life isn't as valueable as a perfectly healthy, undisabled person's," and so it goes until people's lives are less and less valued because of a religion or the color of their skin. xp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:57 am

I love reading all of your answers! I thought it was a really creepy episode.

What ends up happening is when Girl 1 is telling Girl 2 that Girl 3 is going to die anyway because she is so sick (this is after 6 days of no food, warmth drink etc), Girl 2 eventually agrees with Girl 1. Then they are given the hammers. Girl 2 is like no I cannot do it! Girl 1 starts telling her about her mom and how much she must miss her etc. Then in the middle of this little speech, Girl 3 stumbles up and slams the hammer into Girl 1, killing her. They are set free and the person is caught etc.

Left me with mixed feelings. I wonder if that is considered self defense?

Luvshyne

Feline Exhibitionist

7,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:42 am
LuvTyler13

What ends up happening is when Girl 1 is telling Girl 2 that Girl 3 is going to die anyway because she is so sick (this is after 6 days of no food, warmth drink etc), Girl 2 eventually agrees with Girl 1. Then they are given the hammers. Girl 2 is like no I cannot do it! Girl 1 starts telling her about her mom and how much she must miss her etc. Then in the middle of this little speech, Girl 3 stumbles up and slams the hammer into Girl 1, killing her. They are set free and the person is caught etc.

Good grief!

Is that a true story?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:17 pm
GreenInkling
LuvTyler13

Good grief!

Is that a true story?

Every episode of Criminal Minds is based off a real crime so yes...
I would assume so... confused Have you ever seen that show? I have seen some pretty crazy ones...

Example: There was this psychiatrist who was killing whole families (only ones with a husband, wife, son, daughter and dog). So far, he had killed 2 families when they caught him trying to kill the 3rd. (He was killing them because his wife had left him and he suffered some sort of breakdown. He would contain the families in the house when they were supposed to be on vacation (so no one knew there was anything wrong). Then he would sit down to dinner and other weird odd stuff before killing everyone in front of the father before he would kill the father). He would take a trophy-- the wedding rings of the fathers. To tie him to the murders they had to find where he kept those trophies. They did. At the end of the episode they spilled out the box to reveal there were at least
15 wedding rings in the box (meaning there were 12 other families he had killed). The episode ended with the sound of the rings on the table.

Luvshyne

Feline Exhibitionist

7,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Nariana

Hygienic Genius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:25 pm
O!!!!!!o......Whoa. That is too disturbing-sounding for me. >___> And no, I don't think Girl 3 used self-defense because Girl 1 hadn't tried to attack her yet...

The family man is just jealous that he doesn't have all that. >x( Wow....

Love you guys' avis! ;P  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:49 pm

It is not graphic or anything. I like to watch it because in the show they "profile" the suspects. (What he looks like, his personality, the way he acts (organized or messy) the way he dresses, his place in society (higher up person or lower on the ladder) etc. I find that SO interesting and I love watching how they are right.

Luvshyne

Feline Exhibitionist

7,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Nariana

Hygienic Genius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:22 pm
>x| Hmmm...That does sound different...Maybe I'll try to watch it.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:17 am

Okay! I thought of posting this question in class since it brought up a somewhat heated debate.

What do you think of Obama winning the peace prize? Why do you think he won it? Should he have? Why or why not? What do you think of the Peace Prize itself (why do you think we give people the Prize)? A good or bad thing? Why?

Luvshyne

Feline Exhibitionist

7,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Nariana

Hygienic Genius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:49 pm
Finally someone mentioned it!

I think the Peace Prize is a show of major effort in...well, making peace around the world. I think he deserves it for the most part. He meets up with different world leaders and tries to discuss...peacefully xD with them. From rumors I've heard, he's getting our boys out of Iraq. Woot! I don't think he's been the president long enough for things to actually show, especially getting things past Congress and Legislative and all, but I'm sure he'll get some good stuff going on soon. ;3

Okay, how was that? I am not usually good with things related to politics and whatnot. xP  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:42 pm
As of yet, I'm undecided.

At first I was surprised because President Obama hasn't actually done a lot thus far, but someone told me that someone can win a Prize for holding peaceful beliefs and encouraging others in their beliefs, so now I'm not sure.

What exactly did he win it for? Did they say?

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

Nariana

Hygienic Genius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:07 pm
I think it was for peaceful efforts. I'm not totally sure.

I love you guys' avis. Chibiusa (right?) looks very cute. Luv's scheme looks cool.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:57 pm
Yup! Chibiusa!

And blue and black is a really hard color scheme. Every time I try it, my avatar looks mediocre, if not outright ugly.

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

Nariana

Hygienic Genius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:36 pm
Yay! I've never seen someone cosplay her like that on Gaia. ^^ I think you should enter her!

I don't have the items to make great avi color schemes, so I usually cope with mediocre. :/  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:05 pm
It's for the effort of peace and wanting everyone to get along and probably like one of the few people that most people look at and go 'wow' because he's inspirational.

Personally, -he- didn't think he deserved it.

And when you think of the opposition he has- there's a reason it doesn't look like much. Because it's a struggle to get a lot of people to agree even on -ONE- issue. Especially when so many are just dead set-no matter what types- to just go against it just for the sake of the party and not the concerns of the people.

Like I tell everyone- he's only been in office for one full year. Not much can be done -especially with his oppositions.
So what he HAD done so far in an incredibly short amount of time is actually impressive because of all the legal tape and the whining of the media and everything.

Not saying he's perfect or anything, but it's something to consider. He's president. Yeah, but that doesn't mean he's like..god and can magically fix everything...

*Slightly venting...v.v; * I've heard it too many times from some of my friends when they complain about him.

And I keep thinking "Dude..there's more then just Him! it's him then you have the people under him and then those people under them and then so on so forth. It would've been different if he was like...king. But he's not."

And I kinda feel sorry for him. 'cause he is doing his best. And being president kinda is like being the nation's whipping boy. Something go wrong? Blame the president (even if it's not his fault).

They're no calling it 'Obama's War'... how can it be his war when a year ago it was Bush's?

Argh... <<;

other news.... ^-^ Hi~  

Luamervara

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
The Galaxy Cauldron

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff