Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
THE ANGST ZONE (Use this, for the love of internetz! ><) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angst?
  I'll post it wherever the hell I want!
  Please, just keep it in this thread.
  Tell me all your troubles and I'll do my best to help you feel better. *hugs*
  Can it, emo! ><
  Huh?
View Results

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:18 pm
Rol, have you talk to your girlfriend and asked her why she hates the idea?

Agent I'm the eldest child, I have 10 years+ on my siblings, and I know how it feels to see your siblings be spoiled and you get $20 worth of something. You're right that it's not the gifts, or at times lack there of, that hurts. It's seeing your siblings, one Christmas each of my siblings for a seperate gaming console extra controller and a few games each, have thousands spend on them and you getting a blanket or worse something that doesn't cost them anything. As if you're not important enough to go out and really look for something special for.

I understand that my siblings are still kids and my parents want to make it the best possible Christmas for them, but I'm still a child of theirs too and it would be nice if they, even just once, spent as much on me as they do one of my siblings.

Another thing that tears me up a bit, and I try and ignore it, is that I didn't get to go on our grade 8 grad trip but my sister does this year. My parents also promised that they would make up for it by going somewhere that I wanted to go, and I wanted to go to marine land, never went.

In short Agent, I'm not a middle child but I do know how you feel.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:43 pm
In my family I was the second to stop reciving masses of gifts. my cousine was the first.
the reason was as follows: You are adults now and need Useful gifts not toys.

Every year I say "What the ******** dad" with my bro as we feel its not necessary to go from Comics, Lego, Nintendo(and/or other consoles) to Hammers and nails because you went from 17 to 18.

My mother (I love her so much) loves being childish so she actually sent me a calender with little toys in it this year and I betcha she got me some silly toy as she did for my birthday =]. (I got Gumby and Pokey).

Your older sibling may just be needing the right things so they give it to him and your younger sibling still wants and "deserves" toys for being young.

you are in between with neither mortgage house or anything "big" so the "Usefulness" of gifts for you become difficult to find, at least thats what I am assuming it is.

Many parents go into the "you are an adult now" fase  

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:57 pm
I'm not a fan of the "You're an adult now" phase!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:05 am
I'm in love with a man that I can never marry and will most likely never have children. I'm stuck in a job with no sign of promotion ahead of me, but no real time to go to school to get the degree I need. I have nobody to dance with and am in the worst shape of my life.

I'm gonna go get some animal style fries and a milkshake. BRB  

Indigo Project

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:18 am
Pffft, I'm, ah, considerably older than you, and -I- still love my "toys". Hammers and whatnot, while quite useful and great to have, I would be loath to give as gifts, and would be taken aback to receive AS a gift. smile

Shram
In my family I was the second to stop reciving masses of gifts. my cousine was the first.
the reason was as follows: You are adults now and need Useful gifts not toys.

Every year I say "What the ******** dad" with my bro as we feel its not necessary to go from Comics, Lego, Nintendo(and/or other consoles) to Hammers and nails because you went from 17 to 18.

My mother (I love her so much) loves being childish so she actually sent me a calender with little toys in it this year and I betcha she got me some silly toy as she did for my birthday =]. (I got Gumby and Pokey).

Your older sibling may just be needing the right things so they give it to him and your younger sibling still wants and "deserves" toys for being young.

you are in between with neither mortgage house or anything "big" so the "Usefulness" of gifts for you become difficult to find, at least thats what I am assuming it is.

Many parents go into the "you are an adult now" fase

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:04 pm
I was extremely lucky this year. I'm still 17. 18 in January. So I still count as a "kid". What my parents did was still spend the same for each kid (I'm the youngest) except the items just changed. Now, we ask for electronics a lot like I need a camera this year. But, with our family, they switched to the whole "pull out of a hat for a person" idea and luckily, because of JUST getting under the cut, I get gifts from everybody this year. It'll suck next year, but that's ok. It'll work out. We feel your pain!!  

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:16 pm
I'm just totally happy (this SO doesn't belong in this thread XD) that I'll get to see everyone this year! I get to see GTR, I'll get to see my family and spend time with my favourite aunt and uncle, AND I get to finally meet Shram! We've hung out with Liz before and she's super awesome, I can't wait until they come!

Back on topic, GRR I have too much energy and I've been using it to clean all day. Even my sister in law asked if I took speed or something. rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:43 am
God-Raped-Me
I'm just totally happy (this SO doesn't belong in this thread XD) that I'll get to see everyone this year! I get to see GTR, I'll get to see my family and spend time with my favourite aunt and uncle, AND I get to finally meet Shram! We've hung out with Liz before and she's super awesome, I can't wait until they come!

Back on topic, GRR I have too much energy and I've been using it to clean all day. Even my sister in law asked if I took speed or something. rofl
good news for you, I have your tobacco and rolling paper =]  

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:24 am
Oh hey, I forgot about that ! Awesomeness! I'm just super stoked for you two to come visit. Hopefully the skunky smell is gone... The dog was sprayed and they thought that keeping the dog in the back room would be a good idea...... stare

Also I had another $150 stolen from me.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:35 am
I dislike using 'Reaction images' but this is pretty much how I feel right now:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Some things are just...not fun to do.  

Alarias-Fan

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:02 pm
*sigh* I'm really... well, more confused than anything else. Here goes:

I was supposed to go over to my girlfriends today. However, this morning my mother had a massive panic attack. Now, she probably would have done alright without me today, but I chose to stay home and help her out instead of being an a*****e. As it turns out, there was no way I could win today.

After a bit, my girlfriend texts me and asks if I'm coming over. When I tell her no, I'm staying home, she freaks out, going on and on about how it's not fair and s**t. Now normally, since I did have the option, I would have given up and gone over there. But, I got pissed and stayed home instead.

It wasn't long before her brother and cousin started harassing me, which I was in no mood for whatsoever. After arguing with her cousin for a while, I finally told them to piss off. I also stated that since they were being so immature about it, I would not speak to anyone but De over the situation.

Well, that didn't go over well. Deanna's brother mike called me (on De's phone so I would actually answer) and demanded that we talk. When I told him no, He basically told me to shut up and listen, which is when I hung up. I'll be damned if I'm going to take orders from a 15-year-old with a superiority complex.

this was at 5:11 p.m. and it is now 9:00 p.m. and I have heard nothing from my girlfriend. I have told her that I am ready to talk it over (with her and her alone) when she is ready. Both of our parents are disabled, you'd think that if anyone would understand that she would.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:49 pm
Your girlfriend isn't being reasonable. neutral And her family getting involved? For the love of God, that's just ridiculous.

I don't see what's confusing. Your mom needed you. End of story. Your girlfriend needs to grow up and not throw a tantrum when you don't do what she wants. Especially since she apparently has a family member who also needs assistance...  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:54 pm
Confused about what I did wrong, I guess. I don't see a better way I could have handled it, but I obviously did something wrong confused

EDIT:OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD It gets worse! Crazy stalker broad found me on Facebook! gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:41 am
Stupid question probably, but did you tell your girlfriend that your mom had a panic attack and you wanted to be sure that she would be fine? If you did tell her, you did nothing at all wrong and she's being completely psychotic!

As for crazy stalker chick, you don't have to add her on Facebook! 3nodding  

God-Raped-Me

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:51 pm
Yeah, I told her, but she still freaked out. Also, I did deny the request. I've told this chick several times to leave me alone, maybe this time she'll get a clue.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff