Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The L Guild Forum
Does Your Family Know about Your Death Note/L Fetish? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you forced to conceal your Death Note love? XP
  Yes, sadly, I am!
  No, it's cool. (Monstre: "LUCKY! GAHH!")
  It's just never become an issue, so I dunno.
View Results

sugakoushi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:32 pm
For 4 months I had to hide my Death Note fetish. After I borrowed it from a friend, I waited for my turn to choose a movie for movie night and well... my dad, 2 uncles, an aunt, and most of my cousins fell in love with it. My Grandma watched it and just commented on it randomly, my mother didn''t really care for it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:31 pm
Well, no, not really. it only becomes a problem when I want to watch it when it's on and someone else is watching something else. It then becomes... WAR!! twisted  

Glasswinged-Anime-Addict

2,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

SarcasticIrony

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:49 pm
My mom is Pro Kira XD
After I explained what he does and such with killing criminals, she thinks he's doing the right thing.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:29 am
My sister knows about my obsession, and shes the one who introduced me to it in the first place. I told my mom about it and tried to get her interested but her reaction was, 'a murder notebook? That is so stupid." sweatdrop She considers anime and manga a waste of time...So after that I never mentioned it to her again, and it isn't much of a problem. Although if she knew the whole story line she might have a problem with it...but whatever.  

nikkiacat

Asuna6573

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:11 pm
Nope. I explained it to them, and as with most things, they asked questions and gave me a few weird looks. But, with my mom being the already anime nuts she is, she's also gotten slightly into it. She offered to make me a shirt today, too!

Actually, I think my mom corrected me on a bit of it... Huh. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:28 pm
I live with my grandmother and she doesn't care. I have tons of L pronz up all over my wall and she just ignores it. I think shes just happy I find a male attractive...  

L the strawberry lover

Uchihaichiraku

5,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:46 pm
Well, no. My parents have done everything possible to keep me watching anime. I've loved it since I was little, around 4 yrs, and so I've had to watch it or read manga behind their backs. A few years ago my folks finally left me alone about it, but if I mention any anime I get all of my sources blocked. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:13 pm
my mom thinks its a little to graphic though i love it no matter what i always will love it
p.s. im 14  

oGaga

Invisible Rogue

8,700 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100

Noahs Ark Circus

3,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:44 am
Noone knows, well except my friends, who are mostly Kira supporters...But my mom doesnt know.
i shunned her one time after I came back from a convention and she asked who I was.
FAil
lol but yeah, noone knowsss.. .____.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:41 pm
My mom knows, lol
Hell, she watches DN with me xd  

Koriya-chan

Gemena

4,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:25 pm
It went through sort of an evolution between me and my mother on the subject of Death Note.

Absolutely not!

to... (After sneaking around to watch it, she catching me and not bothering after doing so)

Okay, but I do not like it.

to...

Explain Death Note to me.

to...

The last episode aired already!? Why didn't you let me know? What happened to Kira!? L? He died? When did that happen!!!!!!!! (So funny)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:27 pm
My mother watches Deathnote sometimes and sometimes wants a deathnote of her own to use... sweatdrop  

Izara of the Desert Sands

6,550 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

Sugar in Lemonade

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:55 pm
No, my parents have known I've been into anime since I was a wee lad. Lol. In other words since ...3rd grade? 2nd? And I'm 19 (almost 20) now. Bl So I've always been an anime fanatic and have tons of manga and dvds...collection over the years. My parents could care less. I can't force my mom to watch anything, but tons of my friends are anime lovers as well so it works.

The only things that's obnoxious is my mom doesn't like when I cosplay particularly, but then later admits it looked cute or this and that. She jsut finds it actual cosplaying strange so... *Cosplayed as L this year* At first she's like WHY DON'T YOU GO AS SOMETHING PRETTY AND NOT A GUY. Then later she's like...actually you looked really cute. So... XD Basically no I don't hide my Death Note fetishes or anime in general. My family knows and they don't care. I'm getting my little brother into it as we speak. lD He's very smart for his age and I've been getting him to watch DN. He loves L. <3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:30 pm
yeah, hiding this kinda thing sucks balls. i mean, its gotten to the point that my folks hate it so much, that i have to read it online, or barrow it from friends. all my friends know i love it, and most of them enjoi it too. but my parents think its a waste of time and money. they say i should be "doing something productive" with my live. xP  

0ceano-old

3,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Informer 100
  • Signature Look 250

BlakestNight

Romantic Fairy

8,600 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:43 pm