Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Revolution

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Naruto-based role playing guild. Active in 2024! 

Tags: Naruto, Roleplay, Boruto, Shinobi, Ninja 

Reply ◄ 嵐║ 𝓐𝓻𝓪𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓰𝓪𝓴𝓾𝓻𝓮 ↬ ʜɪᴅᴅᴇɴ sᴛᴏʀᴍ
⚡|| CORE Compound [ Anbu, Oinin, APD ] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Regenki

Versatile Tactician

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:40 pm
User ImageUser Image
__ Ada couldn't quite place the reasons for Kenshin's difficulty completely maintaining his composure. There were small slips and tells up to and even after she finished her apology. She retreated onto her heels only slightly as Kenshin sat upright again, uncertain if her attempt had been adequate or not. Honestly, she was at a bit of a loss if that kind of apology was insufficient. However, she was quite surprised herself when Kenshin sprung up from his seat and offered his own apologies for his outburst. Her surprise was melted away into a guilty embarrassment as she was complimented for her honorable nature. Her cheeks turned a rosy flush and she lowered her head slightly. 'I guess that did the trick...' She felt quite wrong for defining her honest effort as a trick. Coming from him with such sincerity was an exemplary compliment, and she admittedly lived, in large part, for such praise. Ada would not think to interrupt the man as he voiced his surprise for her willingness to say what she had, nor accepting his concern for his health and safety. 'Even so... it is very suspicious.' There had to be something that this Evergreen person gained from given Kenshin an advantage where they had none. She was willing to bet on his abilities at his current strength, but it didn't mean that she could blindly trust just about any information that Evergreen had fed to him.

Ada would nod to acknowledge his vow of caution. She almost thought that that was the end of that matter, but he'd open up about his manner for handling personal transgressions. When he asked for his own forgiveness atop of the apology itself, Ada couldn't help but raise her head again to nod affirmatively. Honestly, the only thing that struck a chord with her was how he doubted her understanding of duty. Then again, she had already wrote that off due to his emotional instability and her lack of understanding for destiny. "I forgive you too, Kenshin Kosei. You are an admirable man, and I hope you will allow my subordinates and I to serve under your leadership here in CORE, and perhaps even with APD work where needed." She felt a door between them reopened, more widely than before, but she knew that she was still hesitant to let it be more than that. She had her suspicions that nothing could be let to be that simple given how suddenly things just changed in her life. 'I can't drag him through all of that, whether they do something or not. It just... has to stay professional.' He subtly managed her breathing to hide a sigh of disappointment. This effort to rejoin Arashigakure was only one of many preparatory steps to keep the wolves of the Rio family at bay. No doubt, without being in Shiro's service that her political safety blanket had left her laid bare to their schemes and plots. It was her risk to take, however, and hers alone as far as she was concerned.

Meanwhile, back in the lobby the two trainee Royal Guards relaxed a little with their superior officers absent. Well, actually, only Yarugi really let loose. "So... Vala, what do you think they're doing or talking about in there. Just the two of them?" Vala's right brow twitched at the unsolicited break in silence from her peer. She maintained her attentive posture, unlike him, and sourly replied, "I think it is not our business to know until we are told. Also, it is very uncouth of you to speak of our superiors in such a suggestive way." She didn't so much as look his way in her reply. Yarugi just pouted a little then scoffed, "What a poor sport. No wonder nobody really liked you at the barracks." He just leaned back on his heels and took a carefree posture, completely tossing professionalism to the wind while he could afford to, "I hear 'em all the time. Talkin' about how they only put up with you because of your family's repu- eck!" Before he realized, there was the razor edge of Vala's drawn sword at the base of Yarugi's throat. "I'll only warn you once more. Mind your words and your behavior." Her blade returned to its sheath as quickly as it had been drawn and she returned to attention. Yarugi rubbed his neck, wiping away the sensation of his skin nearly being split apart by the faintest touch of Vala's sword. "Tch... whatever." He sucked his teeth at the bait he lost to the fish in the pond and also returned to attention.

User Image

×TITLE: Jonin】○【RANK: S-Rank】○【STRENGTH: +】○【SPEED: +】○【REFLEX: +】○【FORTITUDE: +】○【CHAKRA: 1551 || 1551】○【STAMINA: 1420 || 1420

Technique(s) Used:
• [ Rank ]
_
___○ [ Rank ]
____

Technique(s) Active:
• [ Rank ]
_
___○ [ Rank ]
____

Passive Effects: [Here]

**LEARNED - [ -Rank | JutsuTypeHere | / Posts ]

**MISSION - [ -Rank | / Posts ]

Quote:

Ephemeral Ozymandias

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:50 pm
User ImageUser Image
__ Kenshin's heart raced at Ada's nonverbal response of blushing and looking down after his high compliment. His anxiety and slight shame from expressing his emotions to her so completely was washed away by a new feeling of confidence. He remembered the way she reacted to his accidental displays of affection for her before. Kenshin put a lot of restraints on his heart over the years that would be torn loose temporarily just before gripping him all over again. There was much that his enlightenment allowed him to overcome regarding his feelings for the woman before him. He knew that he could reconcile love and his commitment to justice as long as he was inspired by those feelings to pursue righteousness rather than distracted by them. Distraction from love was not an absolute variable and he had spent years agonizing over that quandary. He was pleased that she forgave him and continued to believe in him. Her response was much briefer than his own but he felt satisfied with that. Knowing that Ada believed and admired him was more than enough for him. Kenshin desperately wanted to express his love here and now but waited for her to finish.

When she asked if she could serve in CORE he felt his brow furrow in confusion. He then slowly removed the letter he was drafting for the emperor and threw it in the paper shredder. He immediately recognized that Ada could not possibly be the royal guard captain any longer if she was asking him to work in CORE. This business cut to the heart of why she was in the CORE Compound and not apologizing to him through a social call. "You want to work in CORE? Are you sure?" Kenshin was completely surprised by this admission. Ada worked with such precise diligence to become a royal guard and now she was asking to work with him. He had been operating under the assumption that she would be going back to the imperial city soon. He then realized that this meant that Ada would be staying here working for him. This raised an ethical dilemma within him considering his affections for her but he could not outright discriminate against her just because of what he felt and what he had a suspicion that she felt as well. "This isn't nearly as prestigious as being the royal guard captain. You've never lived here. The Storm village is in a constant state of chaos between the three populations. My officers and agents in CORE do an outstanding job of controlling the dangerous elements, but this is a grueling post." Kenshin realized after the last syllable that he sounded like he was discouraging her from joining. There was no doubt that continuing to work closely with her was his desire and he did need a new lieutenant. Kenshin realized that expressing his feelings would be highly inappropriate and unprofessional. That admission would have to wait until the appropriate time but he needed her help all the same. "You've got extensive experience in law enforcement and as the guard captain of the emperor's royal guard. You're more than qualified to be the lieutenant of the APD since that position has opened up. If you accept." Ada was probably qualified to take his job and overqualified for every other position in CORE. His previous lieutenant was an Inuzuka tracking expert which served the APD well but Kenshin reassigned him to lead the Oinin.

×TITLE: Sannin】○【RANK: S+】○【STRENGTH: +12】○【SPEED: +12】○【REFLEX: +12】○【FORTITUDE: +12】○【○【CHAKRA: 2,730 || 2,730】○【STAMINA: 2,480 || 2,480○【NATURE CHAKRA: 750 || 750

Technique Used:
• [ Technique Name ]
___○ [ Rank ]
Technique Active:
• [ Technique Name ]
___○ [ Rank ]

Byakugan Status:
• Inactive
Tenseigan Status:
• Inactive
Sage Mode Status:
• Inactive

Personal Attributes
Piercing Accuracy | The clansman is more proficient than his fellow clan members at striking tenketsu. One's gentle fist application allows them to reduce 1.5 times the amount of chakra spent in a jyuken strike instead of 1.25. For example, if one spends 100 chakra on a gentle fist technique, the attack robs the target of 150 instead of the 125 normal clansmen would reduce.
Purest Lineage | The clansman's thoroughbred lineage allows them access to the Byakugan without the use of a hand seal, chakra cost, or activation. In addition, should they unlock the Tenseigan, they may have 50% less reserves to maintain it than other clan members and may also activate the Tenseigan without the use of a hand seal, chakra cost, or activation.
Physical Prowess | The Hyuuga gains a slight increase to reflex OR speed per body rank. This totals in a supreme increase for one or a moderate increase for both at S-Rank. In addition, the user gains a single custom slot to be used exclusively for the gentle fist style and one taijutsu slot.
Armory of Justice | Kenshin receives one free custom weapon.

Nuibari Attributes
Infinite Needles | While Nuibari functions perfectly fine as a long, thin blade that sits between a Jian and a Foil. It's comprised of infinite, instantly replenishing needles. If an opponent is stabbed, the blade will leave several needles inside of the opponent. It also never runs out of string either, with one at the base of the weapon, and one attached to each needle. Similarly, unhindered, the weapon always comes back when thrown for the techniques below, and can be pulled to the user free of activation via its wire so long as the nigh-invisible string is not cut.
Thread the Needle | This skill increases the speed of the wielder moderately while Nuibari is wielded.

**LEARNED - [ -Rank | / Posts ]

Regalina Kaicho

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

Regenki

Versatile Tactician

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:39 pm
User ImageUser Image
__ Ada was a little concerned when Kenshin's tone took a new variation of surprise at her request. Immediately, she became worried that either she was overqualified and therefore somehow undesirable for the requested position, or simply that her choice was so questionable that she'd be denied for the sake of remaining in a better career track. Both options bothered her in that she, for once, didn't have a backup plan for if this path closed off on her and the idea of anyone deciding what she could and couldn't do in a position like Kenshin's would be extremely disheartening. However, those fears were shaken as he seemed to open up to her request. Albeit that he still seemed rather concerned about her choice. Taking his warning and oversimplified debriefing on the general state of affairs in Arashigakure into consideration, she replied with maintained confidence. "I am absolutely certain about this decision, and I would be deeply honored to accept the position as a lieutenant of the APD." She once again bowed respectfully to the man as she said, "I accept." Ada paused and decided to add a more lighthearted comment up rising to stand upright again, "Besides... after being relieved from my previous duty in such a fashion, it would not do for me to beg for that job back." She could have simply became a normal ninja of the village by next asking the Arashikage directly if things didn't work out with CORE and the APD, but she admittedly preferred this outcome. Ada brushed her hair back out of her face and smiled at Kenshin appreciatively. 'This won't do much to keep them at bay, but it's a start nonetheless. From here I just have to improvise.' She knew for certain that the Rio family would come looking for answers soon. When they did, she knew they would be highly dissatisfied with her choices and for not consulting them first. At that point they'd be in full salvage mode to protect their own status for as high as it had climbed, largely thanks to her in the first place. The thought of dealing with those political schemers again only sickened her, but she remained in the exuberant moment.

Yarugi glanced out of the corner of his eye at Vala again. Although her eyes remained forward, she did in fact notice his again waning attentiveness. He started to open his mouth to say something to her; however, before he could say anything else uncouth she intercepted with a sharp, whispering voice, "If you say anything embarrassing to or about Ada-sensei I swear I will be the first to volunteer in your discipline." Yarugi's mouth promptly sealed closed again and he returned fully to attention. Vala's stance didn't falter even for a moment, save for her hand resting on the rounded guard of her sheathed sword. 'Man... how can I not make a joke about her using her charms to get this Kenshin guy to do what she wants? Damn prudish killjoy...' He did his best to hide his pouting while he avoided barking up the wrong tree again. Hopefully the private meeting between the CORE Commander and the ex Royal Guard Captain would be over soon so they might find something interesting to do instead of standing around looking for absolutely no reason.

User Image

×TITLE: Jonin】○【RANK: S-Rank】○【STRENGTH: +】○【SPEED: +】○【REFLEX: +】○【FORTITUDE: +】○【CHAKRA: 1551 || 1551】○【STAMINA: 1420 || 1420

Technique(s) Used:
• [ Rank ]
_
___○ [ Rank ]
____

Technique(s) Active:
• [ Rank ]
_
___○ [ Rank ]
____

Quote:

Ephemeral Ozymandias

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:45 pm
User ImageUser Image
__ He was relieved that Ada was so willing to take on this new role and help him. "The honor is mine, Rio-Kyuri, the lieutenant of the APD." Kenshin responded with emphasis when she stated her interest and confidence in her decision. Ada's work ethic had the potential to give a second engine to his machine of justice operation that he was operating in CORE's police division single-handedly. Still, Kenshin could not help but remain suspicious that she was leaving the prestigious position that she was diligently advancing toward for half a decade to work at a police lieutenant. Her next line was curious to him and caused him to bluntly question her. "Why? Did you get fired?" He did not intend to sound as rude as he certainly was being. When a moment of silence stiffened the air he rubbed the back of his neck. "Sorry, that's not my business." He put his hand back to his side as he watched her brush her long brown locks out of her face and continue to look at him. "Still, since you're working for me now you'll have to get used to this. I'm not some capital city fop. I ask straight questions for straight answers." His face hardened again naturally and in a manner that Ada was more accustomed to from her professional experience with him. Her talking about police work allowed him to act more organically around her. Kenshin's dedication to the police was such that he was probably bleeding blue by now. Ada now falling into the rank and file more clearly as it should be also helped focus the duty-obsessed captain. All of the confusing expressions of feelings to Ada as his friend who he was an admirer of as well were no longer relevant at this time which took a lot of pressure away. Love was not a compromise to his professionalism and this was what the enlightened Hyuuga now understood. He stepped away from her to rest his hand on the windowsill before speaking further. "Our police force has been highly productive in the past year. In this year alone we've lowered the crime rate by half. We've put away the vast majority of the gangs and I'll not rest until the streets are completely clean. But I suspect that there's corruption in our department and I need your help ripping it out root and stem." Kenshin realized that the relentlessness that he applied to the police caused him to be resented by a silent few of his subordinates. He was also dedicated to his officers and was beloved by the majority of the department but those who were lazy or corrupt knew the captain was their worst enemy. "It's a challenge I believe you can meet where my previous lieutenant didn't. Don't fail me." He said as he turned his head back to face her. Helping him organize the department and sleuthing out crooked officers would be an immense help. He would not vocalize this but he knew that Ada's charismatic strength would suit her well where Kenshin would be unable to. Her strength in this was his weakness and his mind for efficiency allowed him to identify this as such. Kenshin awaited her response to this as well as an explanation of why she was no longer employed as the royal guard captain.

×TITLE: Sannin】○【RANK: S+】○【STRENGTH: +12】○【SPEED: +12】○【REFLEX: +12】○【FORTITUDE: +12】○【○【CHAKRA: 2,730 || 2,730】○【STAMINA: 2,480 || 2,480○【NATURE CHAKRA: 750 || 750

Technique Used:
• [ Technique Name ]
___○ [ Rank ]
Technique Active:
• [ Technique Name ]
___○ [ Rank ]

Byakugan Status:
• Inactive
Tenseigan Status:
• Inactive
Sage Mode Status:
• Inactive

Personal Attributes
Piercing Accuracy | The clansman is more proficient than his fellow clan members at striking tenketsu. One's gentle fist application allows them to reduce 1.5 times the amount of chakra spent in a jyuken strike instead of 1.25. For example, if one spends 100 chakra on a gentle fist technique, the attack robs the target of 150 instead of the 125 normal clansmen would reduce.
Purest Lineage | The clansman's thoroughbred lineage allows them access to the Byakugan without the use of a hand seal, chakra cost, or activation. In addition, should they unlock the Tenseigan, they may have 50% less reserves to maintain it than other clan members and may also activate the Tenseigan without the use of a hand seal, chakra cost, or activation.
Physical Prowess | The Hyuuga gains a slight increase to reflex OR speed per body rank. This totals in a supreme increase for one or a moderate increase for both at S-Rank. In addition, the user gains a single custom slot to be used exclusively for the gentle fist style and one taijutsu slot.

Nuibari Attributes
Infinite Needles | While Nuibari functions perfectly fine as a long, thin blade that sits between a Jian and a Foil. It's comprised of infinite, instantly replenishing needles. If an opponent is stabbed, the blade will leave several needles inside of the opponent. It also never runs out of string either, with one at the base of the weapon, and one attached to each needle. Similarly, unhindered, the weapon always comes back when thrown for the techniques below, and can be pulled to the user free of activation via its wire so long as the nigh-invisible string is not cut.
Thread the Needle | This skill increases the speed of the wielder moderately while Nuibari is wielded.

Regalina Kaicho

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

Regenki

Versatile Tactician

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:31 am
User ImageUser Image
__ Ada gently bit the inside of her bottom lip when asked about being fired. He wasn't wrong, but that term was far more harsh than how things actually developed. She was somewhat relieved when he shifted gears back to how the job itself. "Understood, Captain." The politicians were ever the only ones she had to be careful about having ulterior motives in conversation. However, she was quite accustomed with getting right to business while managing the Royal Guard and working directly with the Emperor. Kenshin's manner of leadership suited her just fine, and she had no concerns about it when walking in with intent of working for him. Ada's eyes followed Kenshin to the window and her attention to every spoken syllable remained a standardized effort. He was only stating facts, but those details simply proved how effective his leadership was. Even so, she felt like there was a lingering reason behind his firm modesty to his highly successful work ethics. She wouldn't pry, but it did bother her not knowing. The more pressing matter was the concern for corruption in his ranks. She'd wished she knew of such a problem before waltzing into the compound with a detail of two royal guard trainees. Even so, she wouldn't let his faith in her go unanswered. "You can rely on me, Captain Kosei. I won't let you down." She was fairly certain that she could still manage to recover enough to sniff out the less reputable sorts lingering in the APD. 'Hopefully CORE isn't as badly affected, but I'll keep my wits about me regardless.' Ada had performed a similar sting operation of a much greater size when leadership had shifted from the previous Daimyo to the newly appointed ruler. So her confidence in detecting this corruption remained rather sound. She just had to trust no one but Kenshin, herself, and her pupils to see this task to completion. Vala and Yarugi would be debriefed in private later.

User Image

Technique(s) Used:
• [ Rank ]
_
___○ [ Rank ]
____

Technique(s) Active:
• [ Rank ]
_
___○ [ Rank ]
____

Quote:

Ephemeral Ozymandias

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:12 am
User ImageUser Image
__ The captain simply nodded at Ada's stalwart response. "Good, lieutenant." He bowed his head to her in a type of salute before continuing to offer information. Since she was to be his right hand in this police department she needed as much detail as possible. His face became much more solemn before he continued. There was one failure that constantly pained him to even discuss no matter the amount of enlightenment he attained. "One reason for this corruption is that many of the officers are new. Many died when an Uzushiogakure agent destroyed this compound. My original force was perfect and completely dedicated to the crusade for justice. I know you have subordinates but I expect you to get to know every officer here, just be careful." Ada could likely see the pain in his expression before he briefly continued. "I failed them and I should've died instead. Our new recruits have brought our numbers up again but my original officers can never be replaced." Kenshin looked down shamefully at his own badge before breathing. Now his hurt expression was turning toward wrath. "I've heard the reports that the Whirlpool has burned but I also know that Kogarashi was behind what happened as well. I'll show Kogarashi that my fury burns." He clenched his right fist tightly on top of the windowsill. Kenshin wanted to take an eye for an eye and a nail for a nail from Kogarashi. Uzu had already paid the price because their village was destroyed but many blameless civilians were spared. He loosened his fist and calmed down after a few moments and continued. "You already know officers Rosewater and Kanzaki. Rosewater is more than capable in terms of skill but her flights of fancy have prevented her promotion for now. If you can help her focus then it would benefit her and the force. Kanzaki is my apprentice and is the most promising new officer. If he keeps it up then I know he'll lead this department one day." Kenshin was relying on Ada to help Selina concentrate on her police work. All of this music career dedication was a distraction if she wanted to advance in the police at all. Selina was a supportive and dear friend but she had not earned a higher officer position yet in his view. "Policing between here and the imperial city isn't very different, but there are some distinctions. Years ago the riots between the three populations were much worse but I've dedicated many officers to patrols in the populated areas and those incidences have lowered. These populations have hate groups that are little more than thugs. Those aspects are on top of crime levels that you'd see in any village and that's the challenge." Kenshin was certain now that Ada was fully brought up to speed but that this was a lot of information to be processed. "Do you have any questions about the APD?" Now she knew what was needed for her to be successful and he was here to guide her when needed.

Technique Used:
• [ Technique Name ]
___○ [ Rank ]
Technique Active:
• [ Technique Name ]
___○ [ Rank ]

Byakugan Status:
• Inactive
Tenseigan Status:
• Inactive
Sage Mode Status:
• Inactive

Personal Attributes

Nuibari Attributes

Regalina Kaicho

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

Regenki

Versatile Tactician

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:25 pm
User ImageUser Image
__ Ada witnessed a somberness consume Kenshin's expression. To her, it was like watching a painted portrait of him gradually piece itself together before her very curious eyes. She had a general idea of what the completed piece looked like, yet found surprise and deeper intrigue when some new pieces added unexpected elements to the whole. Certainly, he was everything he'd heard of him, for better and worse, but he was proving to be much more than that every time they interacted. Ada did manage to keep her enamoring under wraps as she listened to his explanation of the losses he and the APD recently suffered. This too very much explained the very questions she kept to herself hardly a moment ago. She'd nod at the mention of Selina and who she had to assume was the other fellow who was at her apartment helping to advertise that singing contest. He didn't leave a deep impression on her, but Kenshin's praise wouldn't be taken as an overstatement in any capacity. She was glad to hear that he'd managed to bring the masses to a collective peace in the village, but it still sounded very fragile and ephemeral. Then again, what kind of peace wasn't as such? Ada wasn't extraordinarily talented in the hearts and minds area of things, but she was far from the worst. If she could help further ease tensions in the populace then she'd certainly see it done, and it would be done to the best of her ability. Ada thought carefully for several moments if she had any questions that necessarily had to be answered right away. Nothing came to mind, but her Royal Guard communicator had pinged once about halfway into Kenshin speaking, then again later.

The second ping was a forced broadcast on the highest priority channel. "By decree of Emperor Chosokabe, all Royal Guard and Imperial Guard are to report to the following coordinates." There was a pause as the highly advanced automaton projected the necessary information. "Regional Commanders of the Empire are to mobilize their forces immediately as per the following details. Border Regiments are to remain on high alert for enemy invasion." X would once again communicate the more intricate logistics and briefing information to the appropriate leadership.

Ada listened carefully, and Kenshin would be more than able to hear of the Emperor's mobilization as well. "It seems that his Majesty is fully committing to the defeat of this Kogarashi group as well. That is reassuring." Although she said this, it did worry her that Shiro was going all out so brazenly. If any enemies were already in their midst than their movements would be far too apparent. Ada studied her military tactics, but was never asked to manage war strategy. At the very least, the Emperor's involvement better explained the threat level of the enemy she would soon be helping Kenshin face head on with everyone else. She took a deep breath and slowly exhaled, effectively easing her slight tension to focus on the immediate issues. The enemy was not yet reported having arrived, so there was yet more time to prepare. Her eyes rested once again upon Kenshin and she finally answered him, "No further questions at this time, Captain. If any concerns or inquiries arise I will be sure to contact you immediately." Professionalism was second nature to her, so burying her own fear for whatever this enemy was capable of in her duties was just as simple. 'There was some chatter about meteors falling in the vicinity of the Land of Eddies and a massive volcanic eruption following. I recall from my geography lessons that Uzushio was in fact built upon a supposedly inactive caldera. If Kogarashi is responsible for all that, I dread what may yet come to the Land of Floods.' Sure, Kenshin had his god-given superpowers that put even the feats that other shinobi could do to shame. He'd also organized a strong cast of fighters to aid in the fight with the Kogarashi leaders. However, she wondered if it was actually enough. She always said that she'd give and put her all in everything she did, but never once had she actually come close to literally losing everything to fulfill her duty. 'I truly hope this Evergreen did not hide too much of the truth from you, Ken. You may very well be our best bet to survive all of this.' Ada watched Kenshin, hints of worry floating in her blue-eyed seas as she found her faith in him becoming more reliant on hope.

When Yarugi finished hearing the announcement made by X over their own communicators he grew a huge grin. "Hah! Looks like we might be seeing some action sooner than later, eh Vala? Thank God! I hate this guard duty crap." He took a moment to stretch while he ran his mouth again, causing Vala to yet again frown. Not only at his constantly aggravating lack of discipline but also his shortsightedness. "Be honest, Yarugi. Are you an idiot?" She broke her attentive posture to confront her peer... again. "Wha...?" Yarugi blinked twice, clearly confused about the reason for her question. Before he could regain his composure enough to rebuke her dis Vala also said, "We are Royal Guard trainees. TRAINEES! Even if we were reassigned from Sensei, it is unlikely that would would be called upon to do more than expected of us without extenuating circumstances." "Yeah... but-" Vala wouldn't let him get a word in edgewise, "SECONDLY! We are assigned to train and work under Ada-sama. That means we go only where she goes and only if she says so. I find it highly unlikely that she will put us at risk given our dire lack of experience in actual battle, let alone actual war. Use your head, Yarugi. Hmph!" She scoffed at him after saying her peace and went right back to her attentive posture to wait for Ada to finish her business with Commander Kosei.

User Image

Technique(s) Used:
• [ Rank ]
_
___○ [ Rank ]
____

Technique(s) Active:
• [ Rank ]
_
___○ [ Rank ]
____

Quote:

Ephemeral Ozymandias

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:37 pm
User ImageUser Image
Selina arrived with great haste into the core compound. The lack of militarization in the area alarmed her. Didn’t Belamos say that a great danger was around the corner? Why were things so calm? Regardless, it didn’t take long for her to spot Kenshin and Ada. The girl ran over to them and called their names as she approached. “Kenshin, Ada. When will the Kogarashi threat be upon us?” She asked panicked. It was clear that she was in high alarm over the situation. “Mister Karna said that I was needed as part of the Vanguard. I knew that I need to see you first to truly know where I was stationed to be.” She said with her statement aimed toward Kenshin. As the APD Captain Selina followed his instructions second only to the Arashikage. He would know what was going on.

×TITLE: Chuunin】○【RANK: S-Rank】○【STRENGTH: 12 || 】○【SPEED: 12 || 】○【REFLEX: 12 ||】○【FORTITUDE: 12 ||】○【CHAKRA: 1,755 || 1,755】○【STAMINA: 1,550 || 1,550
○【
Kai Seal: 350 || 350

Technique(s) Used:

_
____
_
____
_
____

Technique(s) Active:

_☆ [ Rank ]
____
_☆ [ Rank ]
____
_☆ [ Rank ]
____

Passive Effects:
_
___
_
___
_
___
_
___
_
___

**LEARNING - [ -Rank | JutsuTypeHere | / Posts ]
[ ]
[ ]

**MISSION - Festivities [ S-Rank | / 1 Posts ]
Regalina Kaicho

Azeiel The Risen

Dexterous Prince

Mattysandwich

Dedicated Sex Symbol

6,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:56 pm
User ImageUser Image
__ Kenshin was alarmed when he heard the voice say that imperial forces were moving in to join the defense. He too was relieved but unsurprised that the emperor was taking this seriously. When Ada stated that there were no further questions he turned away from the window and nodded. "If I die during the battle then command of the police force is entrusted to you as my lieutenant. I'll write a note informing Lord Hojo of your appointment." He walked to his desk and wrote the letter before calling in a courier. When he arrived Kenshin gave him the letter for Kage's attention at the Spire. Once that was done he made a call indicating that the lieutenant position was filled and to follow that protocol. "Your new badge, uniform, and office are being prepared now." He said to Ada and looked out to her two subordinates in the lobby now that the door was open. His attention sharpened when Selina hurriedly arrived. Kenshin took a breath and spoke to answer his comrade. "That's right and it was wise to check with me. The vanguard is voluntary, but you're experienced enough to qualify. The imperial troops are now mobilizing so I'll call the state of emergency shortly. Me, you, Ada, Kojiro, and Kagerou are meant to be in the vanguard in front of the false Floodgate on the ground. The kage and a few others are staying in the real village while the emperor's army is facing Kogarashi's in the field." As he spoke of the various plans he shut the door to his office behind Selina to avoid any undue panic from eavesdroppers. "Kogarashi are the anarchist faction responsible for destroying this Compound and Uzushiogakure and they will be defeated soon. Karna and I will lead the counter-offense against the Kogarashi leaders and the others will support. Do you have further questions?" Selina was now armed with all the knowledge she needed to face the oncoming threat. He would save the good news that Ada was now his lieutenant in the APD for later.

Technique Used:
• [ Technique Name ]
___○ [ Rank ]
Technique Active:
• [ Technique Name ]
___○ [ Rank ]

Byakugan Status:
• Inactive
Tenseigan Status:
• Inactive
Sage Mode Status:
• Inactive

Personal Attributes

Nuibari Attributes

Regalina Kaicho

Mattysandwich

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:32 pm
User ImageUser Image
__ Vala furrowed her brow in anticipation as a courier was called to then excused from Kenshin's office. There appeared to be a small bit of bustle from the other due to some kind of call. What threw her off as she remained at attention was the pink-haired girl close to her own age who just barged into the office and spoke to the two with such familiarity. Things seemed to make more sense when she saw X following shortly behind. She sighed softly through her nostrils when the door closed again then glanced out of the side of her eyes at Yarugi again. To her surprise, he was quietly standing at attention again, but that was all. 'Well, that's nice.' She thought to herself as Yarugi hid his dark humor with the new player in the private meeting of Kenshin's office. 'Heh... Kenshin Kosei, you dog. I'm impressed!' He let his imagination to run its course in order to ward off the boredom.

Ada felt a wave of alarm wash through her for a moment at the declared contingency plan for APD leadership. That feeling was quickly quashed with a familiar protective nature which she'd nurtured over the years. 'I can promise you that such a thing will never come to pass so long as I draw breath.' She knew next to nothing about these foes, but she'd not once let anything prevent her from safeguarding those who she chose to dedicate her abilities to. Ada nodded to acknowledge the news of other preparations for her accepted position. Then Selina's voice drew her attention. Ada looked past her friend at X while Kenshin further addressed matters. She was mostly just looking over him from afar to determine if he'd suffered any damage. Thankfully he seemed perfectly operational, but his gaze seemed to rarely leave Selina. One such instance when his attention changed focus was to Kenshin's question about anyone having more questions. "Negative." Well, Kenshin was only addressing Selina at the time, but he chose to answer anyway. Ada remained quiet, only also shaking her head to deny having any other questions or concerns of her own at the moment.

User Image

Technique(s) Used:
• [ Rank ]
_
___○ [ Rank ]
____

Technique(s) Active:
• [ Rank ]
_
___○ [ Rank ]
____

Quote:

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Mattysandwich

Regenki

Versatile Tactician

Mattysandwich

Dedicated Sex Symbol

6,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:28 am
User ImageUser Image
Selina felt relieved when Kenshin addressed her concerns. His strong, stoic attitude helped her understand the true scope of the information, as well as the other pieces she was not aware of. In short, she did not know that it was actually Kogarashi who destroyed so much of Arashi, and believed it still to be the fault of Uzu. When Kenshin explained where she was stationed she felt slightly more comfortable that she would be on the same squadron as Kenshin and Ada, but was alarmed that Kojiro would join them. While she was not aware of his combat prowess, she knew that he was the sole survivor of Saizen. If anything were to happen to him then that means the one chance of redemption for all of the pain she suffered would end with him. However, since Kenshin was in charge, she was confident that he would not allow Kojiro to participate if he was too inexperienced. That only left her and whether or not she was personally ready. Unlike the young girl Kenshin and Ada met all of those many moons ago in Kumo, Selina was slightly more mature now. She understood that fighting in this battle meant blood, pain, and possibly even death. She knew that her life or the lives closest to her might be forfeited in the process. However, she also knew that if she did not fight, then the possibility of people she loved dying was amplified by an incredible amount. Selina swore that she would protect everyone as a Shinobi and as an idol, and for that reason she shook her head. “No questions Sir.” She said formally. Now was not the time to be casual. Now was the time for action.

×TITLE: Chuunin】○【RANK: S-Rank】○【STRENGTH: 12 || 】○【SPEED: 12 || 】○【REFLEX: 12 ||】○【FORTITUDE: 12 ||】○【CHAKRA: 1,755 || 1,755】○【STAMINA: 1,550 || 1,550
○【

Technique(s) Used:

_
____
_
____
_
____

Technique(s) Active:

_☆ [ Rank ]
____
_☆ [ Rank ]
____
_☆ [ Rank ]
____

Passive Effects:
_
___
_
___
_
___
_
___
_
___

[ ]
[ ]

Regalina Kaicho

Azeiel The Risen

Dexterous Prince

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:23 am
User ImageUser Image
__ Since Selina did not have any questions he would bow to Ada and then Selina before speaking. "I must dispatch my officers for civilian control and announce the state of emergency. You'll both know when it's time." He looked over at X and nodded to him in acknowledgement as well before turning to Ada. "Congratulations on your appointment as lieutenant of the APD and for joining as CORE's newest agent." Kenshin wanted to give his formal encouragement of this new direction in her career and it would also bring the information to Selina's attention. He also hoped that Ada would be successful in her efforts to focus Selina more on the APD as they discussed prior. With that, the stalwart commander opened his door and escorted them out of his office before turning on his heel toward the central command room.

On arrival, Kenshin pressed the call button for all officers to go to central command immediately. He stood in the center of the room as it was filled by a police force of a few hundred men and women of service. They stood in a two file formation with Kenshin in the middle. "The dangerous anarchist group called Kogarashi will attack the Land of Floods and the false Storm village on the ground. In case they find the village then civilians must be prepared. I'm calling a state of emergency and for all citizens to be escorted into the underground bunkers. Any unlawful activity during the evacuation must be contained. See to it that it's done!" Every officer in the room then saluted and yelled "Yes sir!" in response before dispersing. Suddenly, the emergency alarm would be raised to evacuate as all of the police took to the streets to control the evacuation and maintain order. Kenshin had raised the alarm for an emergency once before in Kumogakure and once in Arashigakure. He understood the risks of doing so but it was ultimately necessary. Kenshin then ironed out some more details at the Compound before exiting.

Exit.

Technique Used:
• [ Technique Name ]
___○ [ Rank ]
Technique Active:
• [ Technique Name ]
___○ [ Rank ]

Byakugan Status:
• Inactive
Tenseigan Status:
• Inactive
Sage Mode Status:
• Inactive

Personal Attributes

Nuibari Attributes

Regalina Kaicho

Mattysandwich

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

Regenki

Versatile Tactician

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:20 am
User ImageUser Image
__ Ada would give Kenshin a salute when he declared his intentions to manage the populace as zero hour neared at an undetermined pace. "Thank you, sir." She replied before he led them out of the office. Ada turned to her friend after he departed, "I look forward to working with you again." She smiled, feeling far more at peace since they last talked at her house. Her and Kenshin had cleared the air between each other and their meeting went better than she'd anticipated. Things were turning out for better, for now, but a lingering anxiety for what was to come remained. Sadly, it wasn't even about the Kogarashi threat in her case. Ada's smile faded as she looked to X then over her opposite shoulder to see Vala and Yarugi waiting at attention in the foyer. Ada took Selina by the hand, "I'm sorry, but please come with me to meet my students. They're young but good people too." The Lieutenant would lead Selina over to the pair of Royal Guard trainees who just stiffened up more when Ada approached. "At ease. You've both done well." She'd let go of her friend's hand as she said this. Vala remained in a rather dignified posture while Yarugi sighed with relief. "Selina, this is Yarugi and Vala- my students." Yarugi glanced up at Ada then to Selina and then back to Ada again. 'Hmmn... that'd be pretty hot.' Shrugging off his guttered thoughts he gave Selina an informal salute with a playful wave of his raised hand, "Yo~! Nice to meet a friend of Sensei's." Vala rolled her eyes at Yarugi then cleared her throat.

She bowed respectfully to Selina and said, "Selina Rosewater, correct? I am Vala Chirosuke. I've heard of your deeds in the past war and followed your career as an idol." Her nobility was presented in full as she stood upright, smiled to the celebrity, and added, "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." Yarugi glanced over at his peer and frowned, crossing his arms as he let himself be shown up. 'Noble brat.' X stood not far behind Ada and Selina as they convened with the other two. He stepped around the group to find his own place in the interaction and stated, "Master, I have pleasant news. Selina has agreed to befriend me, and I accepted her kind offer." Ada found herself in pause for a moment as she listened to the somewhat excited tone in X's voice. 'Curious. His artificial intelligence has grown in short leaps since we arrived here in Arashigakure with his Majesty.' She smiled to the automaton and nodded approvingly, "That's wonderful, X. I'm glad for you both. Friendship is a bond that makes everyone stronger." Ada wasn't sure if X understood exactly how it made everyone stronger, but it was a lesson that everyone- not just a robot, would have to learn on their own. She knew that she, Vala and Yarugi had to claim their APD raiment soon, but there was certainly time for these pleasantries.

User Image

Technique(s) Used:
• [ Rank ]
_
___○ [ Rank ]
____

Technique(s) Active:
• [ Rank ]
_
___○ [ Rank ]
____

Quote:

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Mattysandwich

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:44 pm
User ImageUser Image
A shot of sudden libido hit Selina from Yaguri, which made Selina smile awkwardly as she tried to suppressed her awareness. "Nice to meet you as well." She said cutely. Her focus resumed to normal when she sensed the nervousness radiate from Vala. "It's amazing to meet you too, Vala! I promise you though that whatever you heard of me is probably more interesting than the truth." She said with a slight blush. She was incredibly humbled by Vala's kindness, but she did not feel like she was worth as much glory as the girl expressed. Finally Selina turned back to Ada as X spoke to her. "Master? That's a weird word to call a friend!" Selina chuckled with her eyes closed. Somehow she managed to miss the relationship between Ada and X, but since Ada did not correct him, Selina assumed that X was some sort of servant to the Rio-Kyuri lineage. Still, Selina felt it was appropriate to poke at the language ever so slightly. After all, if everyone was willing to risk their lives, then what point was there in servants and masters?

○【

Technique(s) Used:

_
____
_
____
_
____

Technique(s) Active:

_☆ [ Rank ]
____
_☆ [ Rank ]
____
_☆ [ Rank ]
____

Passive Effects:
_
___
_
___
_
___
_
___
_
___

[ ]
[ ]

Regalina Kaicho

Mattysandwich

Dedicated Sex Symbol

6,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Regenki

Versatile Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:06 am
User ImageUser Image
__ Vala gave Selina an admiring smile for her sheer modesty. Whether the news or rumors were true or not, there was very very little negative publicity for this particular celebrity. Her inspiring work and charitable nature had won the hearts of many throughout the Land of Floods, including back at that capitol. Yarugi couldn't help but snicker at Selina's comment about X's manner of addressing Ada. Ada, however, gave X a brief frown. "Yes... and I've told him many times since we started working together not to call me such. He takes my role as his mentor a bit too much to heart." X was a pretty well kept secret. After saying what she did, Ada felt a little bad for not cluing Selina in. 'I'll certainly tell her later in private. I'm sure she'll understand.' Meanwhile, X just stood where he was looking rather confused by the humans' reactions to his report. "Right. I apologize. I will try harder to remember that." Even so, Ada's approval for his friendship remained uplifting to the artificial life form.

User Image

Technique(s) Used:
• [ Rank ]
_
___○ [ Rank ]
____

Technique(s) Active:
• [ Rank ]
_
___○ [ Rank ]
____