Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:21 am
It's not that kind of scavenger hunt. That said, there's plenty of hullabaloo from peasant servants cleaning, if you wanted to socialize with the lower class. If not, then let me know, because there would be a samurai or two up at this hour as well (though harder to find, since they'd keep the noise level down out of respect for those still sleeping).  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:30 am
I dont see hom trying to hunt down anyone that hard.

Shi makes his way to the bathing area, and if he encounters any samurai on the way so be it. If not, he has the place to himself And will proceed to sing traditional songs whilst bathing and shaving. Shi's singing voice is akin to a toad being stepped on.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:39 pm
@ Shi: Well, you kind of overshot your adjustment Shi, or maybe you just normally get up this much earlier than everyone else and didn't have to adjust at all! Either way, you are getting out of the bath as a few people are getting in, and are completely ready for the day before the Kraken can really get their bearings.

@ Naohiko: You look at your TN 11 double-cute bunny, and you think you may have overshot the level of cuteness a bit. You have no doubts that the recipient would find it cute, but you aren't sure if they would think much of it beyond that, at least as far as "art" goes. But it's done and roaring to go!

@ Gendo: Is Setsuna with you?

Everyone bathes, eats, bathes then eats, eats then bathes, bathes and eats at the same time, whatever suits you best.

Later.....

--------------------

In the court area, the samurai would all be gathered as Doji Kioko would begin to announce the event for the day - the first event, for all of you.

"Hello, everyone! I'm glad those of you who made it did so. Today's event is a Scavenger Hunt. It is the first event for some of you, but regardless, I'm excited - for it will allow most of you a better look of what our city has to offer! Here is the rules for today's event:

We will be breaking off in pairs, and we have two ways which we will determine said pairs. The first, is to people to pick them of their own accord, via mutual agreement! The second, is for those left over afterwards, to be paired via the drawing of lots! I encourage everyone to consider the latter, however, and let the Fortunes decide your fates! As an aside, no Crane familiar with Kyuden Doji will be participating in this event - you know who you are. After everyone has partnered up, you will be given a list of items, and you will search the city of Kyuden Doji for those items, and the first to return with a collection will be victorious!

I'll need only a few volunteers for judging assistance for this event. To encourage fairness, a few individuals from several different allegiances will need to inspect a finalized list, and if the majority rules that a team has passed, then they are the winner; otherwise, you'll need to head back out and make up the difference!

That is all, so now, it is time to make your choices, everyone!"

To those of you who wish to participate, no roll is needed. Are you going to try to team up with someone here, or leave it to chance? Kaichiyo, Shoichi's already on his way over.

To those who wish to help judge, that will be a TN 20 courtier roll (the TN for various events will vary, depending on how much assistance they need, and how many people are vying for judging positions instead of participation in the event directly. However, judging will count towards XP participation!

To those who simply wish to spectate, no roll is needed.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:42 am
Shi would turn at the others beaming, " A chance to tour the city and a game to play. Who wants to be my partner?" The gears were turning, step 1 find the temple, step 2 free directions.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 8, 4, 6, 8, 5 Total: 31 (5-50)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:23 am
Gendo would have Setsuna, well in hand, and have made sure to take the dog out and feed him. After arriving for the event announcement, he'd just reach over and pick up Kaichiyo with one hand, attempting to lifting her higher so she could see well. And he's speak with a low voice. "Thoughts, Hime-sama?"

Strength to attempt to lift Kaichiyo to shoulder height so she can sit there, on his shoulder and arm.

3k3 - 18

If this roll isn't right, I'll reroll whatever in the OOC  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:25 am
The little princess greeted the frozen air with open arms and renewed enthusiasm. Yesterday was by an large a complete disaster, but today was a new day! And it seemed an interesting little opportunity. If any money was required to get any of these things, though... well hopefully her partner could pay for it. Heiress to a respectably rich minor clan and her coin purse was only for show. Perhaps a tiny embarrassment, but social skills could make up for the empty personal coffers.

A quick glance around- "-oop?" found her companion suddenly reaching for her. She let out a nervous giggle and dodged to the side. Strange folk, these were. Berating her habits one moment and then enabling her the next. "Ehe, as much fun as that looks, Gendo-san, I'm afraid our reputation is already damaged as it is."

A quicker glance around after the description told her one very important detail: Fate was going to be far more favorable than what was coming her way. Well, she was a lover of Fate anyway.

"Shi-san, be a dear and offer to partner with the Spider for me, please? He won't accept, of course, but it will buy me enough time to get my name in the drawing box."

And with that she was off to quickly put her name in for the lots.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:13 pm
While we're waiting on Naohiko's decision (I assume Gendo is not participating?), Shi: If you wish to run interference, that'll be an Awareness/Courtier roll, or an equally appropriate substitute (Temptation, Intimidation, Jiujutsu, etc)... Courtier is the "best" option, however.  
PupSage rolled 6 10-sided dice: 2, 7, 9, 4, 10, 9 Total: 41 (6-60)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:22 pm
"But ..." Shi began to protest, but it was to late. Lady Kaichiyo continued to lose points with the monk. He turned to greet the invoming spider with a smile on his face and Malice in his eyes.
"Greetings Spider-san, Lady Kaichiyo wishes that we partner together. It seems that she wishes to draw lots."
Courtier: 15 +5 TN  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:29 pm
Naohiko had no room to facepalm. Not after yesterday....but maybe it was a good thing that Gendo seemed so full of energy. "I'm going to see if they won't take me on as a judge." the Kraken samurai said as he hadn't fully realized that Chiyo-chan had left already. "Do you want me to take care of Setsuna-san for you, Gendo? He may not be allowed in a contest like this."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:36 pm
"Ah." Just shaking his head, he would look at Naohiko, then nod, handing the dog over carefully. Giving Setsuna a goodbye pet for now, he went off towards the lots, though looking for the little Hare from yesterday.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 5, 7, 4, 3, 7, 9 Total: 35 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:42 pm
"Good luck, all." Naohiko would call out as the Kraken split after various objects. With Setsuna in his arms, Naohiko would make his way over and plead his case to be a judge.....and failed. Naohiko would then request a servant take Setsuna to Himura Gendo's room while he would join the other samurai at the lots drawing.

OOC: Awarness/Courtier 4k3 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions
Results: 16  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:27 pm
@ Shi: Suddenly, delicate arms wrap around your left arm, hugging it to a warm, very feminine chest.

"Tell me, Monk-san... are you sure this isn't the Spider that samurai wished for you to pair with?" If you looked down, a long-haired beauty would be staring back up to you with large, dark doe eyes, smiling invitingly. She too is garbed in a spider-themed kimono, though "garbed" may be too strong a word.

Feel free to roll to resist this woman's Temptation roll (which I'll edit it when I get home), if you would like.

@ Naohiko: As soon as you try to separate Setsuna from Gendo, he freaks the jigoku out!, squirming and yipping. Roll me a TN 20 Willpower/Animal Handling to assert your dominance over this wild, uncontrollable beast. Yes, Willpower; he won't listen to any Awareness you have to say.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 3 10-sided dice: 6, 2, 4 Total: 12 (3-30)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:31 pm
Naohiko is surprised by Setsuna's objection to such a thing and tries to keep the dog in line with his own stubborness.

OOC:
Willpower/Animal Handling 3k2 w/ ...what am I kidding. dice don't explode for me.
Results: 10  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:51 pm
@ Gendo, Kaichiyo:

You two are in line to submit for lots, when suddenly, you hear from rooms away:

'Awwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo~'

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage rolled 5 10-sided dice: 3, 4, 5, 4, 3 Total: 19 (5-50)

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:34 pm
Spending a void point.
3k2 fith 2 dice for explosions +4 for honor Total = 13

Shi turned and said, "You assume much about me, though I do rather like the idea of you two fighting over my partnership." He turned to look at the female spider, "Though I suppose its first come first served and I would welcome the opportunity to learn more about you Madaam Spider."  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff