Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Saved RPs
"The Inquisitors." (Open and Accepting!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hunter-the wanderer

Enduring Defender

10,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:27 am
Crimson
King of the skies

He kept walking with the others hearing her remark about humbling, "yet again another strange word" he seemingly got lost in thought as he continued to walk almost missing Pendleton's remark he pondered his question for a moment.

"I don’t see myself as killing them, I am releasing them from their masters control both destroying their masters power and allowing them walk the path to our ancestors, and one day I will join them but for now I will send as many as I can along that path, we don’t have gods or religion but we still believe in an afterlife" he looked back to Lozi for a moment then over to Jack and looked at his weapons and thought for a moment as Camus made his announcement, however Crimson payed little attention to the man as he was not speaking about anything that regarded him at the moment just something about the train station.

As he looked at jacks weapons he pondered for a moment before speaking, "by the way you looked at me back in that chamber I’m guessing you have little experience with my kind, the weapons you have will work just remember like most armors ours is weak at the joints especially the neck, and a secret if you’re a good enough shot or are close enough, if you hit us just below were your right rib would be, some of us will flinch others will gasp some will ignore it but it could help in a tight spot there is an organ there that helps us breath" he looked back to Ayden for a moment and her horse as she spoke to the pale man then looked back forward wondering who or what awaited them at the station.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:26 pm
Pendleton Moore, Ex-executioner of the Wicked

Pendleton listened to the demon's take on the killing of his brethren, and chuckled softly. As long as Hellspawn ended up dead at the end of the day, all was good. Noting that Camus seemed impatient to leave, or just generally excited to, he trodded up to the front of the group, next to the young lad. Casually looking back over his shoulder, he noted the Vampire and the female hunter engaged in some sort of talk. Furrowing his brow, he glanced back down towards Camus.
"You wouldn't happen to know anything about that 'Alchemist', being attached to the Chancellor's Office as you are and all?"

Colonel Lowsley and his aide, Captain Morris

Lowsley and Morris, also realizing the urgency of the need to catch the train, began walking, albeit near the back of the group, slightly apart from the others. Lowsley had been unable to discern anything from Grove, the new arrival, other than what he already knew. He was gifted. And he seemed to be chumming up with the Lishundan. Captain Morris, plodding along next to the Colonel, was busy thinking that the Colonel had been decidedly non-lethargic so far today, most likely due to the fact that he was actually out of the apartment and doing something today. He wasn't sure what the Colonel did all day when he wasn't around, just that he never seemed to leave the sitting room.  

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:29 pm
(OOC: Kay, so since nobody has been able to reply yet, I'll write Korn's character away so that he isn't interfering with anything. Should he return, he can use his character again, but I can't have anything blocking our ability to continue at this point. I can't post just yet, but I hope to post something before the end of the night, so keep your eyes open if you're online.)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:53 pm
The Lady Reaper

Paper Satellite

Korn On A Stik

Ahlys

Kami GearX

hunter-the wanderer

Xela_The_Red

The_Sane_Hatter

Lord Sithious

(OOC: Okay, so due to Korn's inactivity, I'm going to have to roleplay his character off to the side for now, until he might return. If he doesn't, then his character will just remain out of sight and out of mind. PLEASE try to post regularly everyone! I know getting blocked can slow things down considerably, but try to keep things moving whenever it is possible! I'll do my best to keep blockages from happening as well, but that will often mean needing to more or less write a character out. Now that that's out of the way, I shall make Harold's last post until Korn should return.)

Enki Zosimos Johann Faust
Harold Dobbs
Nicholas Flamel Victor Frankenstein User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"It's common enough in my home Provence and the steadholts in the area.And I trust him far more than I'll ever trust you."

Harold smiled slightly at the she wolf's response to him. Despite the weight her words should carry, he knew she had intended it more as a fact, and less as an insult. He said nothing more on that topic and simply nodded to her, smiling almost somewhat slyly, particularily at the next thing she had said.

"I'd appreciate you using my name in this company. I may be a wolf, but few of the others knew, and those that do, have only guessed at the fact. And I'd not have a silver blade or bullet in my back before it is necessary."

Harold took what Aydan had said into consideration for a moment. He supposed it was only logical for her to be distrusting of the people around, especially someone like Pendleton, so he figured it was best not to draw much more attention to it. At least for now. Of course, it may be something that ends up being addressed more naturally later on anyways. He also was feeling a twinge of curiosity, wanting to delve a little more into her past, which he felt certain contained it's own secrets.

"Well then Ms. McKay, I suppose given the circumstances it may be best to keep things more hush hush about that. Don't worry, your secret will be very safe with me."

Harold smiled slyly to her, the slyness being a affect of the fact he knew her little secret, and nobody else seemed to. At least not for certain it seemed. Harold was about to consider keeping up the conversation, but he started to grow dark as some realization of something came over him. It seemed he was in pain, sick perhaps? Or maybe something from his past had just resurfaced. Either way, he tried his best to maintain composure and avoid letting the panic in him show. He quickly looked around the group and eyed Camus. He sighed in slight remorse as he whipped out a pen and paper using his magic, and quickly had a note of some kind written up. In another moment, the paper flew over to Camus's hands.

User Image

Camus

Camus was startled as a letter flew into his hand. He jumped back slightly in his surprise, but quickly opened it up to begin reading. After a moment, Camus's eyes widened slightly and he looked up, eyes darting around the group as he searched for a sign, any sign of Harold Dobbs... But he was gone, vanished into thin air it seemed. He looked back at the note and sighed slightly as he bowed his head. Camus decided not to draw attention to their missing party member and quietly hoped this wouldn't weaken the group too much.

(OOC: And with that ladies and gents, Harold is now on hold until Korn gets back. Please post as soon as possible and let's try to keep this thing lively!)  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

The Lady Reaper

Surefire Alchemist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:49 pm
((Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my dark little heart lol!It's been bugging the hell outta me that I haven't been able to post))

User Image
The Wolf Of Whitehaven

Aydan frowned slightly, noting a subtle change in how the old immortal was ating.Before he seemed reserved, perhaps curious, but now it was all out cockiness.She found it rather irritating "Sure it is.And remember I keep a stake made of mountain ash in my boot." She was beginning to regret having shown this vampire any sign of what she was.If his sudden change meant anything.

She paused slightly, noting another change in Harold, something similar to pain perhaps, crossing his face before disappearing altogether.The sudden vanishing caused Tândin to snort and tug on his reigns slightly.Aydan settled the big horse with the barest touch and a mutter, frowning slightly and wondering what was up with the Alchemist.

Grabbing her claymore from it's resting place on the saddle, she strapped it two her back, angling it with movement that had become second nature, allowing it to be draw easily if need be.Small runes decorated the pommel of the blade, written in a language so old she doubt anyone in the group, save perhaps Grove or the demon, would know what it was.She also strapped a set of daggers at her thighs, ignoring the looks the guards gave her.The daggers had the same runic language, though when she checked the blades, her touch made the runes glow slightly.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:18 pm
(OOC: Well, since I shouldn't post just yet, anyone else want to post soon? sweatdrop Sorry, I'm just really anxious to get moving and keep moving, I'm very excited by all this, despite the slow down.)  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Battle: Defender 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:24 pm
Vashani Saani, The Wildly Tamed Guardian

User Image
"Miss Capulet is under my protection..."

Vashani rubbed the back of his head and looked at Grove. "Vashani thinks that this is... Beyond him, Vashani can only respect one person, and that is Miss Capulet. Vashani was saved by her when Mister Capulet would have killed me for killing his guards. Very long story and background of Vashani." He then bowed his head and said simply. "Vashani thanks you for your offer of teaching however."

Vashani then followed silently, and once they were out of the gate he simply jingled his weapons in their place to make sure they were all loose and ready to use. When he made sure that none of them had been sabotaged he took to the outer edge of the group once more. Perhaps he could speak with one of the were people soon? Aha! An opportunity to snatch, the one with the large horse and claymore. While his blade was smaller, it would still hold up against the crushing weight of a claymore. Vashani trusted his steel that much at least. So Vashani slowly skirted over and made his presence known with a slight clearing of his throat as was polite and expected.

"Vashani wished to talk if this female does not mind. Of course, Vashani wishes to speak specifically about the weapon this female carries, as Vashani wields weapons of similar style and wants to exchange words about composition of the blade and style. After all Vashani only picked up the way of the blade roughly half a year ago though he has yet to be beaten by any offender to Miss Capulet." Vashani held a slight smile to his feline appearance, or perhaps he was just born that way. He also only spoke the truth about his weapon skills, he hadn't been beaten yet, partially because those he fought were of royalty that did not know half their way around a blade, or politics for that matter. Silly men with pointy sticks he often said jokingly with the person he was meant to protect.

"...However it seems my duty lies elsewhere."

Feeling: Sociable, and wanting to know more about how to handle a large blade
Company: Everyone of course~
Philosophy at This Time: "Those who are not loyal are killed first. Those who find loyalty will die second. Those of us who have been loyal our whole life will die last. It is simply the way of things."

((OOC smile )  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:26 am
(OOC: Bump!)  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:24 am
The Lady Reaper

Paper Satellite

Korn On A Stik

Ahlys

Kami GearX

hunter-the wanderer

Xela_The_Red

The_Sane_Hatter

Lord Sithious

(OOC: Sorry for using the mega quote thing again, just wanted to be sure everyone knew we are moving forward though!)

Camus

Camus did a quick look over the whole group, smiling and nodding as he found everyone looked ready to go. "Alrighty everyone! Please follow me, and try not to get lost!" With that, Camus was off, leading this large group of people out of the Palace District and deeper into the heart of the city. He smiled to himself as he looked at the old buildings as they came close to leaving the Palace District. Some of them had been here since the days when the Empire was only made up of Tavastia. They just kept building and building and building off of the foundations of this old imperial place, literally and figuratively.

Around fifteen minuets to a half hour later, Camus and the group were in the central part of the city, Downtown. This area was full of residential and business buildings, and was also the heart of a great deal of the cities traffic. It also was the home to the Durelian Imperial Train Station, one of the biggest train stations in the Empire. The place gleamed with brass, glass, and fine marble. The train station is a fine example of the Imperial architecture of Durelieus, being that the station itself looks like it could be a palace. There was talking, yelling, whistles, grinding, and all sorts of other sounds, coming out almost as thick as the steam high in the air. Camus waved his hand forward to the group, signalling them to follow him.

---------------------------
James

James was still writing things down after the last man had been in when he heard another knock at the door. He smiled to himself slightly as he continued to work. "You may enter," he said neutrally. James continued to write away as the person entered, not looking up from his work for a few moments. There was almost a sly smile on his face as he started to finish up. "This is very unusual I must say. Not many people ask to see me in such an unannounced manner. I just find it all very interesting. So, you are..." James put his pen down as he looked up and immediately felt his words catch in his throat. His eyes went wide and a look of shock started to creep up on his face. The was a feeling of helplessness in him, like he couldn't move or do anything as he began to see parts of his past flash before him, flash in front of this girl.

"Hello James, it's wonderful to see you again! Do you remember me? I'm the girl from your home town, the one you saved!" She was beaming in happiness as she spoke to him. "We were attacked by House Black, and one of the soldiers put a gun in your hand, told you to shoot me... But you didn't do it...." She blushed slightly and turned aside a little. "I know this is very inappropriate of me, but ever since that day I've wanted so much to thank you! But I thought you had died until after the Civil War had ended, when they made you Grand Chancellor!"

James felt his muscles clenching up as he tried to keep himself from shaking like a leaf. He could see her again, not as she was now, but as that small child, the one he was told to shoot but didn't... It felt like a bit of himself was dying in that moment there, in front of this girl he had saved... This girl who made him feel more guilt than any other person on the planet.

The girl still seemed quite happy, overjoyed even, just her seeing James was enough to thrill her it seemed. "Anyways, I recently moved here, to Durelieus. I'm working in a clothing shop, a small place that makes some fairly nice clothes. They liked my work, so they decided to hire me. I guess my people's style, Lishundan clothing, is starting to be more inspiriting here now. But that aside, I though it would be wonderful for me to come here, even just to say thank you, for everything." She smiled and did a slight bow of her head, but then she noticed that James looked terrified or something. "James? Are.... Are you alright?" She asked concerned.

James stiffened up as he began to allow a smile to his face, an obviously nervous one. "Oh, no... Yes, I'm fine, fine. Just, uh... Well, you've gotten so beautiful over the years, I'm just so shocked by it." He chuckled slightly, still showing his nervousness.

The Lishundan girl smiled and nodded, not entirely convinced by what he had said. Not convinced at all in fact. "Well ah, you must be very busy, so I'll leave you. But, if you ever have some time, I'd love to see you again. You can come by the clothing shop and just ask for me, I should usually be there." She walked over to James's desk and placed a business card down. "And if you ever need to talk or anything, I've always got an ear open. Please don't hesitate to call on me." James seemed to be silent for a moment, so she made her way to the door as she nodded to him. She was about to leave but turned back to James for one more moment. "It was really nice to see you again James, and not just to say thank you. I always liked you when we were younger, you always seemed so nice. It's good to see you still are." She gave a final nod to him as she left and closed the door.

James sat silent at his desk for a moment, trembling in total shock and fear. Now that the girl was gone, he clumsily got up and rushed over to a small cabinet near the window to the side of the room. He opened it up and pulled out a bottle of some alcohol and a glass. James fumbled with them both, but accidentally dropped the glass, which hit the floor and broke. He hissed to himself slightly and slapped himself on the head. The door opened behind him as a guard entered. "Sir?" The guard inquired. James simply raised his hand to the guard for a moment as he stood there, facing towards the window and eyes closed. He trembled slightly as he took a few breaths. "Just... please get a maid to clean this up." The guard nodded and left the rom again, closing the door. James stared at the bottle of alcohol for a moment and felt disgusted inside that he would even consider breaking one of his own personal rules. He set the bottle back in it's place and stared out the window. His mind was on the past again, a past he would rather forget entirely....
--------------------------

Camus smiled as the group finally entered the train station. There were possibly a few dozen, maybe even a few hundred, trains in the main platform area. There were luxury passenger trains, regular passenger trains, cargo trains, military trains, all sorts and kinds that you could easily recognize, and then some that you'd have an impossible time figuring out. The smell of steam was still heavy in the area, despite the openings in the roof which were to allow the steam into the air. Some of the passengers and other citizens in the area stared at this large group of people, other people paid no second thought to them. The Empire was a strange place at the best of times, so seeing a large, and varied, group of people all together was hardly the strangest thing some had seen. Still, it did manage to attract attention.

A whistle blew as another train made it's way into the station, this one being the one with their "package" on it. Camus frowned slightly, again not overly pleased with the thought of what they were getting. The train finally stopped and a few platform workers went around getting the train and its passengers settled. It would be a few more minutes before their "package" was finally ready, so for the time being they could just have a moment to rest and look around. "Well everyone, just a few moments and we'll ah... get the "package"... You can take a moment to take the sights in if you like, but don't wander off, we'll likely be leaving as soon as the package is ready." He smiled and nodded to everyone as he made his way over to the train, waiting for the "package" to show up.

Jack

Jack felt slightly in awe of the massive station they were in. He had only ever seen it from the inside once. That was when he was much younger, and just arriving in Durelieus from Dereham. The place was bigger than he thought he had remembered, and even more inspiring. He had seen the place from a distance as well, but the poverty around him in the Old Town areas didn't do much to help. The Palace District had been even more inspiring to him too, especially since he had never actually been there for more than a few moments, despite the years he had been in the city for. It almost made him feel a little... Patriotic. Craydon, like most provinces in Dalcaria, had joined the Empire more diplomatically.

The Tavastians had been very keen on uniting the peoples of Dalcaria as brothers and sisters, not as oppressors and the oppressed. Still, blood was shed here and there to make things work, but it was almost always the blood of some upstart warlord, or a corrupt monarch. Most people at the time liked the idea of a united Dalcaria. Most people still like that idea too.

Jack shook his head of the political debris begin tossed around in his head and turned his attention to Camus, who was heading to the train they had a "package" on. He was really getting suspicious about what exactly was up with this "package". Not many people talked about something this exact way, with this kind of distaste. It seemed like it was as if Camus was a child being forced to eat his vegetables or something. Jack didn't say anything and instead just followed Camus, wandering up and around some of the other nearby trains as he did so.

(OOC: Sorry for the long post! Anyways, the package is coming really quickly, so try to post quickish. I didn't want to post any more because A) It would be a VERY long post, B) That would be a bit of an information overload for some of you I think, C), it's getting REALLY late for me sweatdrop and D) I'd rather dedicate my next post more exclusively to the "package". wink )  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:02 pm
User Image
The Wolf Of Whitehaven

Aydan glanced up when she heard someone clearing their throat and raised an eyebrow slightly when she saw it was the Lishundan standing there.She tightened the one strap for her daggers before straitening.She had no idea what the cat man would want with her, but seeing as he earn nothing more than a curious look from Tândin, she would hear out his request, whatever it was.She waited patiently, as she continued with her own task of checking the horse over until they started moving again.

"My weapon is one of a kind, friend, though it's make is common enough.And by offenders I assume you mean pompous nobles who don't know tip from tang when it comes to a blade. She gave one of the saddle straps a sharp tug, making the horse snort slightly and give her a glare before watching the group again "As for dueling, you'll have to wait until we're out of the city.I've no wish to disrupt the Chancellor's hard earned peace." She gave a half smile And tapped the pommel of her own blade and started walking "Though, I see no harm in speaking of style fighting, despite the fact I don't actually have one." She'd learned long before that when fighting with a blade, it was more of an art of survival, rather than the notions of honor the nobles go for.At times, honor was necessary, especially in a fair fight, such as a duel.But on an open battle field, honor could, and would, get one killed.

As they moved through the city, she looked around, taking not of the petty thievery going on right under the guards noses.She hid a small smile and turned her attention to the train station, the smell of coal making her head ache.Tândin on the other hand looked thrilled, pausing every few feet to take a whiff at the nearest person or building, his ears flicking in silent amusement as a few children ran underfoot, screeching about the monster horse.Once inside the station, Aydan and the horse, stayed close enough to the group so as not to get lost, but close enough to the door so the scents wouldn't overwhelm her.

Kami GearX

The Lady Reaper

Surefire Alchemist

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:21 pm
Colonel Lowsley and his aide, Captain Morris

Lowsley took in the impressive architecture of the Capitol's train station. It was rather ornate, like the palace district they had left. It made a interesting juxtaposition with the rugged military trains and groups of soldiers in the station. He noticed a few curious glances towards their group from the civilians throughout the station, but shrugged it off. They had a package to pick up. A new train pulled into the station, one that he figured contained their package, based on where Camus had halted the group. He could see the obvious unease on the lad's face. He followed Camus closely, next to the crazed demon hunter, while Captain Morris seemed to take interest in some of the carved marble pillars, whistling appreciatively. The Colonel turned his attention to Camus, and coughed.
"So, seeing as we're finally here, what exactly is this 'package' we're to pick-up? Is it dangerous?"

Pendleton Moore, Ex-executioner of the Wicked

Pendleton scoffed as the vampire popped off, a look of... Panic? No... Illness on his face.
"Damned vampires. Well, I doubt we'll be seeing that fellow again, something that doesn't exactly bother me."
---
As the group moved through the train station, Pendleton cast his gaze upwards, observing the composition of the station. The place was built like the rest of the Capitol, elegant layers stacked on layers. Though this appeared to be a newer layer, and was home to a wide variety of conflicting styles, from all the corners of the country. He'd been here a few times before, never liked it. Too stuffy, and too loud. He kept with the front of the group, sticking near Camus as he waited by he train that contained their elusive package. Whatever it was, he hoped it was something interesting. Prison had been rather dull, and repetitive. Bashing in the more sinful of his cellmates had gotten stale after a while.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:44 am
Crimson
King of the skies

Crimson kept up with his spot next to jack as they entered the train station, as the others admired the architecture he picked up on the subtle details of someone following them but it didn’t take him very long to realize it was the child from earlier as the others stopped at the train the 'package' was apparently on he turned folded his arms and stared at the child. The boy knew he had been caught and nervously walked up to crimson almost being more worrisome of the others then of him, crimson kneeled down and smiled at the boy,

"you followed me all the way here didn’t you" the boy nodded and smiled, "you are very good at seeing thru my disguise and better at tracking me that deserves a reward" Crimson hadn’t left the group and frankly didn’t care what the others thought of him, the red whips of magic began to peel off him again as he concentrated a little of his magic and his blood into a small red stone almost like a ruby but darker then taking some string from the boys clothes he made it into a necklace and tied it around the boys neck, the child watched in wonder as the stone was made in front of him to the others in the group they would see him doing this but the civilians walking by would only see a foreigner talking to a child.

"keep this trinket close it will unlock your potential when you are older, but you have to promise me, no more following" even if he didn’t understand humans he understood children and their sense of wonder, "you have to stay here and protect the city, when you find another like myself find a guard" the child was rubbing the jewel and nodded then ran off into the crowd, he stood and turned back to the others addressing any looks from the group with, "he could see thru my cloak like it wasn’t even there that child has more magical prowess then most of you" as he would resume his position next to jack waiting for the package.  

hunter-the wanderer

Enduring Defender

10,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:10 pm
(OOC: Bump. xp I can't post just yet until others have posted as well, so please post soon if possible, I'm getting jittery. dramallama )  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:22 pm
User Image
Tessa Lozi

During their short trip to the train station, Tessa lagged behind, trying to keep her chin up and avoid obvious signs that her head was tuckered out. This time of the month was not her best, and normally she would commit to easier workloads and less social contact if she could get away with it. However, this morning had been filled with enough tense negotiation to make the young woman yearn for either a nap or some mindless, brute exercise. Anything to get her head out of what she'd gotten herself into would have been welcome. Even the promise of intelligence from the Chancellor's private agency was losing its luster quickly.

By the time they got to the train station, she was taking up the rear of the group, sometimes watching the crowd around her, sometimes admiring Ayden's lovely war horse. She'd also spied a senseless little follower behind them. He wasn't exactly a gutter rat, easily paid and disposed of. He was groomed like a mid class boy, simply wandering outside, but he was fastened on their trail in the corner of Tessa's eye. Could somebody be paying the little fool? If so, who? And why? She had enemies, but she was sure none of them were dim witted enough to cast a novice into the role of a rat. Could it be linked to the others. Surely they had enemies as well. Anyone siding with the Chancellor submitted their right to neutrality.

She began to furrow her brow, thinking too hard when her mind was addled with the full moon, when Crimson, stopping near the edge of their party in the station, confronted the boy, leaving him with a gift, and leaving the others with something that sounded like a mild reprimand.

Tessa's mouth curved into a humorless smile as she rubbed one of her tense shoulders. "I am jumping like a cat," she breathed.

Then, she did see something alarming. A shambling little gutter rat swaying fitfully against the wall with her legs crossed, shaking a little cup for coins from passing strangers. Tessa puckered, her brow coming down in pity and she walked slowly over, not wanting to startle as she took out an embroidered paper purse.

"There you are, child," she soothed, dropping the few standards, enough for a proper vendor, into the tin dish with a small, clear clang.

The girl turned her head up and bore a toothless smile. She held up both of her grimy hands. Tessa smiled and gave her hand freely. "M-may, The One bless you, ma'am," the girl stuttered.

"Of course. And you," Tessa murmured. She parted with the girl, who shortly went scurrying off with a skip in her bare footed step. Tessa rejoined the group, unfolding the note that the girl had slipped into her hand. It was a little late, but information regarding who'd been invited to see the chancellor had been sent to her inn. Hopefully she'd have time to get it before they left so Tessa could gain a little insight on how much she rely on these people, and if push came to shove, whether they were all worth saving. She glanced at Lowsley first as she surveyed the group again, and tore up the little scrap, smudging the ink to incomprehensibility with her thumb and letting the pieces drift down onto the stinking, oily tracks.

(((Meh, I'm sorry my character is so...hostile...and...solitary...and a b***h....It's that time of the month, guys. Only Ayden understands her!!!)))  

Cement Cake

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:19 am
(OOC: I'm sorry everyone, but I just have to post! I had internet issues today, I'm slightly bored, and I just cannot keep myself from making this post any more! Don't worry, it won't interrupt anything, just move us forward a little more quickly, but more importantly it'll feed my craving to add in some new flare. biggrin )

Camus

Camus stood near the train, watching the passengers begin to come off. He perked up at the Colonel question and made made a slight scoffing chuckle, not directed as an insult to the Colonel, just a sign of Camus's distaste for the situation. Camus turned to look at the rest of the group, some of whom seemed curious, others who were distracted by other things, but he spoke loud enough so the others could here.

"It isn't a 'what' we're picking up Colonel, it's a 'who'. Is the who dangerous? Yes, probably in more ways then I like." He shook his head slightly in distaste.

A moment later, two well dressed ladies, nobles by the looks of it, began to step off the train, and following close behind them was a very gentlemanly looking fellow with a brown three piece suit and what looked like a brown puff tie. The man had a wry smile on his face as he spoke to the women. "Well ladies, it was a pleasure to meet you both." He said with a sly, and very provocative smile. They both giggled to themselves as they smiled and nodded to him. "We hope to see more of you in the future Mr. Smythe, please don't be a stranger."

The ladies began to walk away and the man smiled slyly to himself as he watched them leave. His attention was then caught by yet another woman coming from behind him, a reptilian type Lishundan girl who seemed to be in maid's clothing. "Oh, and it was an absolute pleasure to meet you especially my dear." He took her hand and gave it a slight kiss. She blushed heavily and put a hand to her mouth to keep herself from giggling as she ran after the first ladies who had left, presumably her employers.

Camus shook his head in annoyance already. "I can't tell you how much I can't stand this man's cavalier attitude. He just never seems to do what you tell him to do, and he's always flirting with anything that walks on two legs and is female." He clenched his fist angrily. The biggest thing Camus hated about this man is that he never seemed to take things seriously, and rather than following orders, he always did his own thing. He wasn't bad at his job, not in any sense, Camus just can't handle people not doing what they're told to do.

The man took in a deep breath and sighed. "Ah, back into the wilderness it seems! Well, pip pip, tally ho, and wot wot!" He stepped away from the train and scanned the crowds a bit before another young man caught his eye. "I say chap, do I know you from somewhere?" The young man smiled and nodded. "Yessir! I'm a runner for the gentlemen in the Financial District. I've run a few for you sir, Mr. Smythe." The man smiled and clapped his hands together. "Excellent! Good show wot wot! As it so happens, I could you your assistance in an errand. You see, I don't think I'll be able to make it to the Financial District today, so I would appreciate you taking some documents to some fellows I know."

There was a pause in conversation as the man pulled some papers out and placed them in the young man's hands. "Now, do you know all the gentlemen each of these are for?" The young man smiled and nodded. "Of course sir! I run errands for them all the time!" The man smiled and nodded. "Excellent, excellent my boy! Here, I think I owe you for your troubles, and you never seem to get paid enough." The man gave the younger man a small handful of Standard notes. It wasn't a huge amount, but more than the young man usually made. He smiled big, gave quick nod to the gentleman, and ran off.

With a quick turn of his heel, the gentleman was facing yet another person in the crowd, an older fellow carrying a box. "Sir, your package from the watch maker." The gentleman smiled a great big smile as he quickly opened the package and pulled out a gleaming pocket watch."It's perfect! Have all the adjustments I asked for been done?" The delivery man nodded. "And also sir, some gloves that you left behind. The watch maker took the liberty of adjusting those as well. I should also mention a few other complimentary products are making their way to your home in Cirencester. He hopes you will enjoy them." The gentleman pulled on his brown leather gloves and smiled as he tested them slightly. "It's just like a birthday for me or something! Absolutely wonderful! Here, take something for your trouble." The gentleman put some more Standard notes into the delivery man's jacket pocket. With a smile and a nod, the delivery man was off to his next duty.

With yet another, and final, turn, the gentleman faced another gentlemanly looking sort, this one in a top hat however. "Victor you rascal! Been such a long time since you graced the city with your presence! How goes business?" The gentleman smiled to the man in top hat as he spoke. "Well old bean, it's perfectly fine, but I'm having tax issues. The government just isn't taxing me, or any of us, enough. I know the Grand Chancellor doesn't want to ruffle any feathers, but the poor suffer and I've got too much unusable money on my hands! This nation gave so much to us, so we really ought to be giving back!" The man in top hat smiled and nodded. "I hear lots of gentlemen in the Financial District say the same thing, but sadly it is usually in a sarcastic tone. We really need to get together and work on that bill we wanted to present to the Grand Chancellor, the one about assisting the poor and needy." The man in the brown suit, known as Victor, smiled and nodded. "I couldn't agree more, but unfortunately I have much business to attend to, so you'll have to excuse me for now." The man in the top hat smiled and said his farewell as he too left.

Victor turned and looked straight towards Camus and the rest of the group, a huge sly smile on his face. He waltzed over, arms open in a somewhat dramatic greeting. "Camus! It's been too long! And you've got a whole gang with you too old bean! What luck we've had too, only a few of them look like rotters!" He laughed loudly at his comment, meant to poke slightly at the more roguish looking characters of the group. "Well then ladies and gentlemen, I am Victor Smythe! Demon slayer, millionaire, playboy, and a true Dalcarian gentleman! A pleasure to meet you all!" He smiled widely as he looked over he group.

Jack

Jack looked at the "package" as it waltzed over towards them. Definitely not what he had been expecting. The man had a strange voice, somewhat high pitched but still elegant and yet masculine as well. The only way one could really describe it was that it was a very gentlemanly voice. Still, Jack felt totally confused by this man and the strange sort of energy he seemed to have. Part of it was definitely personality, but he suspected below that there was something else.

Saved RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff