Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Calling all gameless players! (Add yourself to my wait list) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Morgan Night-Wind

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:43 pm
WhimsicalXellos

Actually no... I was hoping to find a PDF or use one of the reference sites sticky'd on the first page. I've SEEN 4e character sheets, but so long ago and so fleetingly that I remember nothing... It's not close enough to 3.5? Skills, attributes, equipment and such?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:50 pm
Morgan Night-Wind
Actually no... I was hoping to find a PDF or use one of the reference sites sticky'd on the first page. I've SEEN 4e character sheets, but so long ago and so fleetingly that I remember nothing... It's not close enough to 3.5? Skills, attributes, equipment and such?

4e is almost nothing like 3.5. Also, Wizards is ridiculously picky about 4e for some reason. It's not possible to make a character and know all the rules with online resources because anyone who posts that kind of information might get their pants sued off. You either need to buy a physical book, a pdf version, or I think even become a member of the Wizards website? Not sure about the last one. Or exercise your piracy skills...  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Morgan Night-Wind

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:00 pm
WhimsicalXellos

4e is almost nothing like 3.5. Also, Wizards is ridiculously picky about 4e for some reason. It's not possible to make a character and know all the rules with online resources because anyone who posts that kind of information might get their pants sued off. You either need to buy a physical book, a pdf version, or I think even become a member of the Wizards website? Not sure about the last one. Or exercise your piracy skills...
Jesus ********, really? Ah man. XD Well, with no cashflow it looks like I'll have to "obtain" it via moonlight requisition. Which goes to say it'll be a little while, sod the whole thing then. Maybe when I get my naughties on a copy I'll roll one up and play with yall but for now I'll just stick to 3.5

Thanks anyways, though.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:04 pm
Morgan Night-Wind
Thanks anyways, though.

And thus the potentially silly question did indeed save us both a lot of time. : )

Good luck, and hopefully we'll see you around.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Morgan Night-Wind

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:28 pm
Heh. I actually facepalm now that I realize the absurdity of wanting to jump into a 4th ed. game without access to a rulebook. XD Hindsight's a b***h.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:35 pm
SorceressJacklyn

How goes it? Or rather, what were you planning on adding to the party?  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

SorceressJacklyn

Blessed Prophet

12,975 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:33 am
WhimsicalXellos
SorceressJacklyn

How goes it? Or rather, what were you planning on adding to the party?

I'm looking at my options but I'm thinking I'm going to end up with a rouge that has a little something interesting to him or her. Sorry I'm not working as fast as normal right now. I'm trying to get a lot of RL stuff together. Daughter's birthday, my birthday, local beer festival, etc...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:25 am
I believe i am ready i got some other things to look through to see if they will change anything on my character but otherwise im all ready to go!  

AnubisXIII

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:20 pm
I'm sure everyone is eager to get it started, but one of the trickiest parts of forum gaming is actually starting the game, I've found. I'm just waiting on 2-3 more sheets, and then we'll be good to go. If I don't hear from Kvothe by tomorrow, I'm clearing the last spot for a reserve member who already showed me a sheet.

Popcorn Faerie

Popcorn, you can go ahead and roll up a character. What were you planning on making?

Current party: Warlord (leader), Wizard (controller), Druid (controller), possible Rogue (striker)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:46 pm
WhimsicalXellos

What are the allowed sources and what not? Level 1?  

KounetsuDeb

Wrathful Reveler

keysburger

Unforgiving Punching Bag

2,650 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:52 pm
WhimsicalXellos

[ Premise/Foreword ]
xxxThe early levels of this campaign will be taking place within the Dawnforge Mountains (roughly), which themselves are part of the eastern portion of the Nentir Vale. I may not adhere exactly to the official geography and lore in favor of trying to craft a region-centric adventure path.

[ Setting Information/Background ]
xxxThe Dawnforge Mountains are a high altitude home to a variety of peoples and creatures. Located centrally in the region is the city of Hammerfast. Long ago, the city was built as a sacred dwarven necropolis to hold the tombs of their people. Over time, the simple tombs began to fill with lavish treasures that those interned there had amassed during their long lives. It was this that made the necropolis a target for a large tribe of orcs.
xxxThe orcs conquered Hammerfast and managed to take some of its treasures, but the burial chambers yielded their contents grudgingly. They took heavy losses to the necropolis's defenses--traps, thick stone, and maze-like passages--and eventually left for simpler prey. However, the sheer accomplishment of the successful incursion was seen as a profound tribute to orcish victory in the eye of Gruumsh.
xxxEventually, dwarves returned to claim their former property, but why let such a fortified place remain a home to just the dead? The pillaged tombs were cleared out and renovated, and the city became one for the living. It was once sacred to the dwarves and their god Moradin, but it was still sacred to Gruumsh, as well. The two gods had to step in and negotiate over the city to prevent another war. Eventually, they came to a compromise that would allow the dwarves to control the city, but temples and priests of Gruumsh would still be permitted to remain there.
xxxIn addition, as an honor to all the dead who are still buried in the remaining sealed tombs, and indeed, all the dead who still walk the streets, there is a simple proclamation posted at the front gates of Hammerfast. "Assault on persons living or dead without provocation is grounds for prosecution." In other words, the ghosts of dead dwarves and orcs from past conflicts are very much present in Hammerfast, and they enjoy full citizenship.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]
xxxForthcoming

[ Character Creation ]
xxx
Available Sources: Anything goes.
Banned Resources: Try to stick to official literature.

ECL: Characters begin at level 1.
Wealth: Basic clothing and 100g.
Races: Any, but keep in mind that certain monstrous races carry stigmas within most civilized regions.
Ability Scores*: 4d6 drop the lowest.
xxxxxxxxxxx*You have one chance to reroll 1's.
Hit Points: It's 4e.
Alignments: Preferably no CE.
Pantheon: Whatever. I guess that depends on your sourcebook. The game world will mostly be using the standard PHB deities, so any other ones will likely be treated as minor deities.
Backgrounds: Have one or no, it adds to the roleplaying aspect if you do.

[ House/Optional Rules ]
1] If you have access to them, feel free to utilize themes and/or backgrounds to add flavor to your characters.
2] I am fully willing to allow power re-writes which alter cosmetic or minor mechanic features.

Popcorn Faerie
WhimsicalXellos

What are the allowed sources and what not? Level 1?

This information was taken from the sub-forum itself titled Levels of Peril, thought I would post it here for you.  
KounetsuDeb rolled 20 6-sided dice: 2, 6, 3, 3, 4, 2, 3, 4, 4, 2, 3, 4, 2, 5, 1, 3, 4, 1, 3, 3 Total: 62 (20-120)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:55 pm
Alright, thanks. Let me roll then. I'll probably do something defender-y, since it seems needed. But, I could be a jack-of-all-trades type, too.  

KounetsuDeb

Wrathful Reveler

KounetsuDeb rolled 4 6-sided dice: 3, 2, 3, 3 Total: 11 (4-24)

KounetsuDeb

Wrathful Reveler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:56 pm
Last four.  
KounetsuDeb rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 1 Total: 5 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:57 pm
Re-rolling ones.

Erm. 12, 11, 11, 12, 10, 9.
What. The. ******** I'll just play a gimp.  

KounetsuDeb

Wrathful Reveler

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:46 pm
Popcorn Faerie
12, 11, 11, 12, 10, 9.

Your mods don't add up to 4. That's a personal rule I don't have to use much, but go ahead and reroll your stats.

Also, you can keep your options open. If Kvothe doesn't show, the reserve player is a defender.

Aside from that, defender may not even be completely needed when there's 2 controllers in the group. We may need more damage or more healing.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff