Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
× ✖ × Madam Malkin's :: Open :: Hiring Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:13 am
User Image

User Image
                                            ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

Based on Fiona's smile, Tori figured this all was going to work out for her. Fiona asked if her mother knew she was applying for the apprenticeship, to which Tori nodded vigorously. "Of course! I asked her and my father if it was okay. They said it was fine, as long as you agreed." Both of her parents seemed proud of her decision to pursue this apprenticeship, actually. Her mother liked the idea of her putting her dream into motion and starting small, instead of just jumping into the big leagues without any professional experience. Her father liked the idea of her getting out of the house to do something productive during the summer months, rather than running around on her shopping sprees. "If there's anything she needs to sign, I'll give it to her as soon as it's written up and bring it back here the next day. That shouldn't be any problem." This was it! Tori was grinning from ear to ear, practically bouncing with excitement. "I can keep up! I promise! I'll work really hard and do whatever you tell me to do. I'll stay after to help clean up and everything. I won't let you down, Miss Fiona!" she exclaimed, rushing to hug the woman. Tori knew this wouldn't be a cake walk. This was real, and it was important too. She would have to work hard, but she knew she could handle it.

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍
                                            ƓRƳƑƑǀƝƊOR ƑǀƑƬH ƳƐAR xxxxxxx

Armed with an attitude that she knows how to use, she's gonna get there any way she can.
                                            Now she knows what she wants. No one is gonna stop her. Nothing's ever gonna hold her back.
                                            That girl was a one time teenage drama queen, a hot, tough everyday wannabee.
                                            But she'll have changed her destiny. Now she's a somebody.
                                            That girl was a wild child dreamer but she'll find herself.
                                            'Cause she believes in nothin' else, and you'll look back,
                                            and you won't believe, that girl was me.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:03 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                              ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                              ѕιиgℓє
                                                              Looking Fashionable in the Front Room with Tori
                                                              xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                              Curious
                                                              xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                              ❝ Surely the girl hasn't grown that much! ❞
                                                              ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

уσυ αяє тнє ℓ ι g н т н σ υ ѕ є , тнє ѕ є α м α я к ❋ ❋ ❋xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                              тнє т є м ρ є ѕ т ѕ ¢яєαтє∂ тнιѕ т ι ∂ є ❋ ❋ ❋xxxxxxxxx
                                                              ι'νє ρ υ ℓ ℓ є ∂ тσ тнє в ℓ α ¢ к ѕιℓνєя σ ¢ є α и ❋ ❋ ❋xxxxxx
                                                              ωнєяє тнє ¢ υ я я є и т αи∂ н є α ν є и ѕ ¢σℓℓι∂є ❋ ❋ ❋xxx
                                                              ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceFiona's smile widened at Tori. It figured that the girl had already covered all her bases. Well, that made things easier on Fiona; it meant she wasn't being recruited to try and talk her parents into it. Not that she imagined that would've been much trouble, and she'd have gladly done it, but it was nice to not have to. "I fig'red ye did, jes' had t' ask. Lon' as they're alrigh' w' i', I've go' no objection." The seamstress' expression turned thoughtful, and she held up a finger as if to tell the blonde to wait a moment. She stepped behind the counter, rummaging around in her drawer for a second before taking out a piece of parchment, an inkwell, and quill. She pursed her lips a moment, then started writing out a small, hopefully formal sounding agreement for the Macclellan parents to sign. When she was done, she handed it over to Tori. "Jes' have 'em sign this, I think tha'll do. Ye'll need t' sign it as weel. Basically jes' says tha' ye and yer parents agreed fer ye t' work here as an apprentice. I'll look into things t' see if I need t' find something more formal or legally binding, bu' fer now I think this'll do, aye?"

spaceThe redhead was actually somewhat excited about this turn of events. She was looking forward to having some help around the shop for once, and to actually getting to pass on some of her skills. And Tori was nice to have around... Fiona was sorely lacking for company when she didn't have customers, so that was a plus. And it'd give her something to do with her time. Not that she didn't find plenty of ways to occupy it on her own (the amount of personalized, original, one of a kind garments on her racks was proof enough of that), but this would feel slightly more productive, she thought. "Wha' kin' o' hours were ye fig'ring on workin'?" she asked. Already, she was trying to map it out in her head, figure out where they'd start, what tasks she'd delegate onto Tori (not many, the girl was here to learn, not to sweep), and how she'd go about teaching her. She'd never been in this sort of position before... She'd have to figure it out. Hopefully Tori wouldn't mind if she made it up as she went along.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                              xxx❋ ❋ ❋ уσυ αяє тнє и α ν ι g α т σ я ωнσ и є ν є я ¢συℓ∂ ℓ є α ∂
                                                              xxxxxx❋ ❋ ❋ ωє ωєяє ℓ σ ѕ т ιи тнє ѕ ι ℓ ν є я ѕ є α
                                                              xxxxxxxxx❋ ❋ ❋ ι ωαѕ тнє ѕ н ι ρ ωнσ ωαѕ тσσ ρ я σ υ ∂ тσ єνєя ѕ ι и к
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxx❋ ❋ ❋ є ¢ н σ ; му ν σ ι ¢ є ιѕ αи є ¢ н σ

User Image

(( OOC: ))

The Shiny Furret

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:47 pm
User Image

User Image Location: Madam Malkin's

Alice walked into madam malkin's not as a student and not as a customer. Well maybe a customer if she saw something she liked. Knowing her there would be something she liked. Today however, Alice was hoping to get herself a job. She had told Jasper she was going to head to Diagon Alley in hopes of finding one. Her first stop was the clothing store and it was in fact her number one pick. Taking a breath Alice was hopeful as she cared her sketch book with her. "Miss McKinney!" She called out as she looked around like she always did. With her luck she'd find another article of clothing to add to her collection regardless of whether she actually needed it.

With: No one...

Wearing: Hopeful Green

OOC: ---  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:46 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                              ѕιиgℓє
                                                              Looking Fashionable in the Front Room with Alice
                                                              xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                              Curious
                                                              xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                              ❝ Now this is unusual... ❞

spaceFiona heard the bells chiming and looked up from her sewing machine, blinking oddly. The busy season was over, and it wasn't as though that meant she wouldn't have any customers until next Summer, but this was a typically slow period of the day and week. She had expected to go at least another hour before she saw anyone. But, apparently today that wouldn't be the case. She finished the seam she was working on fairly quickly, using magic to speed up the process slightly. Not too much, she didn't want to ruin her hard work by rushing, but she hated to leave a seam sitting there like that. Particularly when she didn't know how quickly she'd get back to it. Satisfied that she'd hit a good stopping point, and that the robe she was currently putting together was in tact, she stood, attempted to fix her hair (a vain effort, to be sure), and stepped into the front. She smiled when she saw Alice, approaching the young woman. "Af'ernoon, Alice," she greeted. "Wha' brings ye by t'day?" She didn't see anything in the young woman's hands that would indicate she was bringing something in for an adjustment, so maybe she was looking for something new? She was dressed rather nicely as well, so Fiona imagined she either was coming from an appointment, or had one later. If it was the latter, she hoped she could work fast enough to get the girl out the door.

User Image

murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:33 pm
User Image

Alice looked up at Fiona with a smile. She loved coming to her shop on a good day and she was really hoping it would be a good day. "Good afternoon." She said brightly. "Well, I couldn't help but notice over the last seven years that you work here all by yourself. Aside from this past summer of course due to having Tori Macclellan here part-time." She commented being most likely Fiona's biggest costumer. Since she believed she needed a new style every other week. "Plus, I noticed the sign saying you were hiring." Alice added before continuing on to her point. "So, I thought I'd stop by and see if you'd maybe consider employing me." She said hopeful.

Needless to say Alice had a love for fashion and a love for the shop she was in. Truthfully she couldn't see herself working anywhere else. Despite having a love for art she knew she could do that on her free time. She and Jasper needed jobs before even thinking about moving out of their parents’ estate. Not that they were a burden and their parents loved having them around but Alice knew Jasper wanted to be on his own. Not to mention he wanted her with him. Hopefully Fiona would consider her.

With: Fiona McKinney

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:27 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                              ѕιиgℓє
                                                              Looking Fashionable in the Front Room with Alice
                                                              xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                              Curious
                                                              xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                              ❝ Now this is unusual... ❞

spaceFiona had to wonder what was with the sudden popularity. She'd been running this shop for over ten years now, and she'd never had anyone interested in working for her, let alone apprenticing. Now within a few months, she'd had two? She wasn't going to complain, though. Besides, this would work out pretty well for her, she figured. She'd only been able to train Tori on the most basic work before the girl had gone back to school. She'd have plenty of time with Alice, though, and during the slow seasons, and would have the girl probably able to do fittings and such at the very least. Next Summer, she'd be able to rotate back and forth between them both as far as teaching went, and leave the other in charge. Assuming Tori came back, that is, which she hoped she would. Even if she didn't, though, Alice would still have plenty under her belt before things got busy when the next batch of first years started in. If she was lucky, she'd have the brunette ready to tackle some lighter work in time for the holidays as well.

spaceThe seamstress smiled at Alice, obviously very pleased. She stepped back behind the counter, grabbing some paperwork for the younger girl to fill out. As she did so, she realized she might be getting a bit ahead of herself. Alice had only asked to work, not expressed interest in apprenticing. She pursed her lips. "Wha' kind o' work are ye lookin' fer, exactly? Are ye wantin' tae work th' counter fer me, or learnin' tae be a seamstress yerself?" she asked. She was hoping for the latter, obviously. Someone to handle transactions and such would be helpful, but she'd rather liked teaching Tori the past couple of months, and wouldn't mind continuing that with Alice. Besides, the more the girl knew how to do, the more help she'd be.

User Image

murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:08 am
User Image

Following Fiona over to the counter Alice had a good feeling about this. Upon being asked what kind of work she was looking for, she felt kind of silly for never specifying in the first place. Though with that question Alice was even more delighted she had options and option number two was exactly what she was hoping for. Little to her knowledge did she knew Fiona was hoping for the exact same thing. “I would love to be a seamstress someday. I’ve wanted to be one since I was… well shorter then I am now.” She commented. She was short to begin with not even being five feet and it was kind of depressing. Luckily she had a tall guy in her life to reach the high stuff or magic in a pinch. “That’s if you want to teach me that is. If not, I’m more than happy doing anything you might need help with.” She added knowing that one way or another she was just happy to get a job working in a clothing store. Of course the hard part would seriously be not buying anything while she was there.

With: Fiona McKinney

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:55 pm
H A Y D E N "A H N N A" A T T E R B E R R Y

First Year UnsortedMetamorphmagus

User Image

We're about to be so much closer than
                                                      you thought that we could ever be.
                                                      Well, I'm sorry to say that I gave it away.
                                                      We'll I'm empty.
                                                      You're empty.

Hayden Allahnna Atterberry was a average child. She had grown up in a pureblood family with loving parents and loving siblings. She'd always had everything she ever needed, and rarely wanted for anything. That's not to say she was spoiled though. She always had to earn the things she wanted, through chores around the house and such. Her parents were not poor but they weren't rich either. Their name was not one of the very old ones, and with the largeness of her family the money had been split many ways before ever reaching herself or her parents. There was one thing that was most definitely average about her, and that was her genetics. She was a metamorphmagus. This meant she could change her appearances at will. At the moment she didn't have a very good control over it right now, so her appearance tended to change with her emotions. Her father warned her that it would get worse with puberty before it got better.

At the moment, she was on the way to Diagon Alley with her father and mother. Her hand was wrapped in her father's as they crossed the street and entered the leaky cauldron.
                                                      "This is how you get into Diagon Alley Ahnna." Her father stated, as he lead her through the pub and to the back where he tapped his wand on some bricks and a doorway opened magically in front of her. At the moment her hair was a lovely shade of forest green and her eyes matched her hair in the exact same shade. It was the colour of excitement for her. It usually meant she was excited about something new or interesting. She had to guess her hair would be green a lot this year. She grinned as the opening widened and she could finally see all of Diagon.

"Wow! This is so ace da!" Her eyes widened, and her father could swear her hair got just a tad bit brighter green. He patted the top of her head and led the way into Diagon Alley.

"I think we should get your robes first. That place is almost always busy, and we don't want to forget them in the excitement. Do you have her school list dear?"Henry nodded his head, pulling the folded sheet of paper from his pocket to show her mother. Ahnna shrugged when her mum suggested robes. They weren't the most fun thing, but she knew once she got sorted they would magically change to her house colours. Her mum and da were a Ravenclaw and a Gryffindor but she had no idea where she was headed. Her da thought she was ashoeing for Ravenclaw just like him, while her mum was pretty sure she'd end up in Slytherin. She on the other hand could care less. No matter where she ended up, she would try out for the quidditch team just like her mum and she would make friends and it would be fantastic. For just a second her hair flashed red and her father looked at her with concern.

He kneeled down infront of her before they entered the shop and looked her in the eye.
                                                      "What's wrong Ahnna Iguana?" She giggled at the nickname and shrugged her shoulders slightly.

"Nothing really da.... Its just.... well what if no one likes me and I don't make any friends?" Her father actually snorted and brought her into a tight bear hug. It made her smile and she knew it would be alright no matter what because she had parents who loved her and siblings who loved her and even if she didn't make friends she would always have them.

"You are going to make more friends than you can count and they will last a lifetime. I promise. I met your mum at hogwarts, and Aunt Emma met her husband at Hogwarts. My bestfriend I met in my very first year. Don't you worry. No matter what house you end up in, you will make friends and you will have a great year."She nodded her head at her father and gave him a timid smile. He smoothed down a piece of her hair, before opening the door to the shop and letting her and her mother walk in first.

Upon entering a little jingle from the door announced their arrival and she looked around the room excitedly. There were so many beautiful things hung up and she knew at some point she'd have a party to attend at Hogwarts and her parents would probably buy her a pretty dress from here. For now though she was only looking for the basic Hogwarts robes.

She's like a rock
                                                      and you keep chipping off a piece
                                                      to hold on to.
                                                      And there's gotta be,
                                                      gotta be something more than this.
                                                      In a life full of exits and entrances.

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:24 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxShop, Front Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxHayden
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxRelaxed
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

уσυ αяє тнє ℓ ι g н т н σ υ ѕ є , тнє ѕ є α м α я к xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          тнє т є м ρ є ѕ т ѕ ¢ я є α т є ∂ тнιѕ т ι ∂ є xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ι'νє ρ υ ℓ ℓ є ∂ тσ тнє вℓα¢к ѕ ι ℓ ν єя σ¢єαи xxxxxx
                                                          ωнєяє тнє ¢ υ я я є и т αи∂ н є α ν є и ѕ ¢σℓℓι∂є xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceFiona smiled when she heard the bells chime, signaling what she was certain was the first new Hogwarts student of the year. It might be an older student come for alterations, she knew, but she always liked to think once this time of year hit that when she stepped out of the back room, she'd find the eager face of a new first year. When she made her way to the front, she wasn't disappointed; she didn't recall having seen this young lady before, and she'd almost certainly remember. It wasn't every day a child with such wild hair came in, after all. In fact, she didn't think she'd seen one with hair that bright since Gypsy Lovette. A small pang hit her at the memory of Piper bringing her daughter in for her first year robes, and she took a moment to mourn the death, then put it away for later. Four years still didn't seem like that long ago, and likely never would, even when it wasn't four years, it was six, ten, twenty. But, now was not the time, after all.

spaceShe smiled at the young lady, and her parents, stepping out from behind the back counter. "Welcome ta Madam Malkin's, how ken I help ye t'day? Gettin' the wee one's robes fer firs' year, I wager?" she asked, no small amount of joy in her demeanor. Fi always loved meeting the new students. She knew she would see them somewhat regularly for the next seven years or so, and delighted in the new faces that would grow so familiar. It was always a shock when they hit a growth spurt, or when one good year of development refined their features, when they stepped inside and Fiona realized how quickly they were growing up. It always came as a shock, no matter how many times it happened.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx уσυ αяє тнє и α ν ι g α т σ я ωнσ и є ν є я ¢συℓ∂ ℓ є α ∂
                                                          xxxxxx ωє ωєяє ℓ σ ѕ т ιи тнє ѕ ι ℓ ν є я ѕ є α
                                                          xxxxxxxxx ι ωαѕ тнє ѕ н ι ρ ωнσ ωαѕ тσσ ρ я σ υ ∂ тσ єνєя ѕ ι и к
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx є ¢ н σ ; му ν σ ι ¢ є ιѕ αи є ¢ н σ

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Devlyn Maycry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:45 pm

User Image

We'll I'm empty.
                                                      You're empty.

Ahnna grinned when a lady walked out from the back and greeted her. She giggled at her accent a little bit and her hair flashed seafoam green. Her favourite colour if anyone was curious. Her parents pat her head and nodded at the woman's question."Yes yes! Ahnna here is going to be a first year at Hogwarts and is very excited about it, as I'm sure you can tell by her hair." Her father answered the woman but only got a snort from Ahnna and an eyeroll from her mother.

"Henry dear I know we as a family know what her colours mean, but I'm sure this woman whom has only just met Ahnna, has no idea. It would be rather seer-ish of her if she did after all." Her mother teased him. Ahnna giggled again, and a flash of seafoam hair appeared for a second before turning back to the solid forest green. She bounced up to the woman and grinned. "My name is Hayden Atterberry but I go by Ahnna, and I'm a metamorphmagus and I'm here to get my first year robes. My da says that they magically change colours once I'm sorted! That's so cool! How does that work? I mean I know my hair and stuff changes colours magically and all, but I dunno how that works either. My da says that once I get older I'll be able to control it better, but right now it just kind of goes willy nilly with my emotions and stuff."

She realized she was rambling and blushed. Along with her blush, came bubblegum pink hair and bright pink eyes. The colour of course only made her feel even more embarassed which made it ever worse. It was like a never ending circle.

She's like a rock
                                                      to hold on to.
                                                      And there's gotta be,

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:34 pm
User Image xxxx User Image xxxx User Image

Victoria Macclellan ❤ Zachary and Monika Evans
Gryffindor Sixth Year, Madam Malkins Intern - Muggle Studies Professor, Former Hufflepuff - Unsorted First Year

Tori was scheduled to spend as many afternoons as she could in the shop with Miss Fiona, doing whatever task she set her out to do. Today, as like most of the summer, she was going to help with the customers, keep stock on the shelves, and clean. Armed with her apron and a feather duster, she was quickly making her way around the store, dusting off every shelf, every little nook and cranny she could find. When the bell rang and a family walked in, Tori turned her head and greeted them with a smile. "Hello, welcome to Madam Malkins!" she exclaimed. As Fiona was helping the girl and her family, she walked over and stood beside her mentor. She watched the exchange between the customer and the shop owner, quietly listening.

Zachary entered Diagon with his two daughters, both of which needed to do their school shopping. He was still getting used to having another girl to take care of, but really, Monika did most of that on her own. He had discussed it with the girls earlier, and they all agreed on purchasing their robes and uniforms first before moving on to their wands, books and pets. Monika wanted an owl, of course, and Indy was already prepped with her own pet, but they would also need supplies for those as well. "Well, here we are. Madam Malkins, the best robe shop in all of Diagon," he said as he entered the shop, holding the door open for his girls. Monika slid past her father and into the shop, gazing at the different styles of uniforms, robes and other various types of clothing in the shop. It was all very well kept and clean. A blonde attendant greeted them with a friendly hello. "Do you think we can get a dress made in this style for my uniform, Dad?" Monika asked, gesturing at her current outfit. Most of her wardrobe consisted of knee length dresses, cardigans, stockings and mary-janes. They were practical, just how she liked it.

{ooc: #A40000, #654321, #E30B53}

Devlyn Maycry

AccioPumpkin

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:35 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxShop, Front Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxHayden
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxRelaxed
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

уσυ αяє тнє ℓ ι g н т н σ υ ѕ є , тнє ѕ є α м α я к xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          тнє т є м ρ є ѕ т ѕ ¢ я є α т є ∂ тнιѕ т ι ∂ є xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ι'νє ρ υ ℓ ℓ є ∂ тσ тнє вℓα¢к ѕ ι ℓ ν єя σ¢єαи xxxxxx
                                                          ωнєяє тнє ¢ υ я я є и т αи∂ н є α ν є и ѕ ¢σℓℓι∂є xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceFiona almost laughed at the exchange between the family, revealing that, like Piper and Gypsy, the young lady was a metamorphmagus. She winked at the young lady. "Ah, I'm sure I ken catch on quick. Had a friend in school, she was a metamorphmagus. Her daughter, too, now tha' one. She ha' a color fer ev'rythin'. Day she came in fer her firs' year robes, her hair turned brigh' purple. Room wen' black as nigh' a second la'er, an' when it cleared, she an' th' two other young lasses who'd come in were gone." She chuckled faintly at the memory, expression growing sad for a split second. Piper was going to be a grandmother, she thought. Well, was one already, since Gypsy and Jer had already adopted one little one. But the young woman was pregnant as well. How sad, that Pip hadn't gotten to see either of her kids married or meet her grandchildren... Again, she forced the thought away. There were plenty of better times to mourn and to think on what could have and should have been. Now, she had customers.

spaceThe redhead gave the younger of her two apprentices a small smile, gesturing towards the second family that'd entered. "Tori, dearie, why don' ye see t' gettin' th' young lady's measurements fer me?" she asked, then turned her attention back to Ahnna and her parents. "How do the robes change colors, ye asked? S'magic, o' course. There's a more complica'ed explanation than tha', obviously. Fancy li'l charm placed on th' garmen's so they react t' th' sortin' hat's proclamation. Took a fair bi' o' cleverness on th' par' o' one of the owners before me t' come up wit' th' spell." The redhead gestured with her wand, summoning a stool for Ahnna to stand on. "Stand here, if ye would," she asked, another wave of her wand setting the measuring tape to work.

space"Gettin' control o' tha' particular gif' is a righ' pain, accordin' ta Gypsy. My friend's daugh'er, tha' is. She's pregnant now, chopped her hair clean off on accoun' o' it drivin' her mad tha' she couldnae keep i' th' color she likes." She chuckled faintly, shaking her head. "Taken t' wearin' wigs, she has. Bu', b'fore she go' pregnan', she almos' had i' down. No' qui'e, but almos'." She smiled gently at the young lady, noting the blush that'd accompanied the pink coloration, figuring that gave that one away easily enough. She considered telling the young lady there was nothing to be embarrassed about, but figured that'd only make it worse.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx уσυ αяє тнє и α ν ι g α т σ я ωнσ и є ν є я ¢συℓ∂ ℓ є α ∂
                                                          xxxxxx ωє ωєяє ℓ σ ѕ т ιи тнє ѕ ι ℓ ν є я ѕ є α
                                                          xxxxxxxxx ι ωαѕ тнє ѕ н ι ρ ωнσ ωαѕ тσσ ρ я σ υ ∂ тσ єνєя ѕ ι и к
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx є ¢ н σ ; му ν σ ι ¢ є ιѕ αи є ¢ н σ

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Devlyn Maycry

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:25 am

User Image

We'll I'm empty.
                                                      You're empty.

Ahnna tilted her head as the shopkeeper mentioned she had a friend that was a metamorphmagus. She had never met another one. Even her aunt was dead before she was born. The family had thought for sure the gene was dead with her dead with no heirs, and yet, she was born and the minute she was born her hair turned seafoam green and the family cheered. Literally cheered. It was one of the few things that made their family line special apparently. She wasn't really sure what the importance was, but she thought it was cool, even though she couldn't control it. Apparently her da had been a bit upset by the gene since he couldn't send her to muggle school before Hogwarts like the rest of the kids, but he of course had gotten over it. She was is favourite after all. In her distraction over the thought of meeting another metamorphmagus someday, her hair and eyes had reverted back to the excited green colour.

She grinned when Fi said it was magic and giggled quietly.
                                                      "I think its so cool. I mean obviously magic is cool, but the robes is really cool. Because like its not just like you enchant them to turn a certain color. The robes have to be able to know what house the hat sorts you into." She nodded her head matter of factly, and the tips of her hair turned blonde. Curiosity tended to do that to her. At that moment, she noticed the other family had joined the shop and she waved at them excitedly. The two girls were obviously first years as well."Hi! I'm Ahnna Atterberry!" She introduced herself, the blonde fading back to green once again. She sure hoped she'd get at least some control over her changes in the future. It was rather annoying flashing through colors like they were going out of style. It wasn't her fault her emotions changed so quickly after all! She was just a kid!

She just barely stopped herself from wincing at the high pitched whine of the dark haired blue eyed girl. She was 11 years old... shouldn't she be over the whining? Or maybe Ahnna was just more mature for her age? She hoped that wasn't the case, because she wasn't sure she could survive an entire year if every other first year was whiney and loud like that. Unfortunately, her annoyance was enough to begin turning her hair brown, but fortunately no one but her parents knew what that meant anyways.

She did get a sympathetic glance from her father though and that was enough to make her grin. At least he agreed with her. And with the distraction of Fi bringing up Gypsy again, she was right back to her excited green. She giggled at the idea of herself being pregnant and her hair being even more crazy than it was now.
                                                      "My aunt never had kids, she was a metamorphmagus like me. But she died really young I guess. I dunno. I can't imagine my hair being even more crazy color changing than it is now. " She really couldn't either, but she supposed pregnancy would do that to you. She remembered when her uncle's wife was pregnant. That had been a mess. The woman was either screaming or crying or a mix of the two every second. And the moods changed so quickly, Ahnna couldn't keep up.

At some point she had stepped up onto the stool and let the measuring tapes do their work. Watching them work, she wondered if maybe she'd want to work in a clothes shop when she was older. She really didn't know what she wanted to do. Something colorful of course... but what. She liked artsy things of all kind including fashion so maybe a clothes shop? She shrugged. She'd figure it out when she was older.

She's like a rock
                                                      to hold on to.
                                                      And there's gotta be,

Cara MiaKitty

The Shiny Furret

AccioPumpkin

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:56 pm
User Image __________

User Image User Image

”Well I dunnae Da', s'not like we from these ends,” Aria murmured over her shoulder where her father had been hovering just a bit too protectively once they left Gringotts. He wasn't fond of the rude hobbits—err, goblins—and to be honest, Aria wasn't either. They were rude, with big hooked noses and small beady black eyes, plus, the wispy little hairs on their big fat heads. Maybe she shouldn't be so judgmental and all, but she was still waiting for the camera crew, or her fam with their mobiles set to record this ridiculous prank they've concocted for her. But bloody hell, those old ugly hobbits were really realistic!

The school governor had prattled for most of their walk, and her father, a six foot giant in ebon skin, looked about ready to bang his fist at the next pointy hat that stared at him cross. For the life of her, Aria couldn't remember the governor's name, and had taken to simply calling her, ”Govna', I've nuff books for now, see?” Aria had been toting a few of the textbooks in her arms, despite her fathers protest. Maybe if she held on to Hogwarts: A History and never let go, she'll stay asleep through this dream and see it to the very end. But the old woman tsked together her thin lips, clucking like a chicken with disapproval, ”Oh no no no, sweet child, it's prudent we save your wand for last. I still have to explain to your father about the Statute of Secrecy and the...” Aria tuned out, she wasn't interested in hearing all of the different ways an adult could say 'no,' she'd heard them all before.

”Oh no,” Aria cried and slumped her shoulders. ”Oh yes,” the governor said with a pointed smile. At some point, Aria recalled that the older woman was a Ravenclaw, or an Eagletalon, or something that could fly anyway. Either way, the woman seemed much too pleased with herself once they reached the storefront of Madam Malkins Robes For All Occasions. What is it with old women and clothes shopping anyway? ”But do I really need more bloody garms and creps, fam?” She sulked but her father popped her upper shoulder with his backhand, reprimanding her language. ”I mean—yeeaaah, suuuuure, I loove shopping.”

The sarcasm wasn't met with as many laughs as she'd expected, but they trudged through the shop anyway. Another family was already browsing through robes and dresses, they seemed at ease, unlike her own father. The poor man just can't get the smell of pig shite from under his nose; or that's the face he's been making when he thinks no one's looking. But Aria saw. (And laughed.) She spotted another father and daughter, talking to the shop owner or something, Aria was much too distracted by the other girl's wild hair to pay any attention to the standard set of uniform that the school governor was explaining to her father. Instead, she stole several steps forward past a few racks of black trousers and knee high skirts until she reached the girl with green hair and grinned ever dramatically. ”Bloody wicked, your hair! S'well fit! I love it! Where'd you buy the dye to get it that color?” Aria had never seen hair that shade of green before, and suddenly wondered if it was a mixture of hair dyes infused together. Unfortunately, she only just noticed the seamstress taking measurements, and that the reason why this girl looked so much taller than her was because she was standing on a stool. ”Oh, sorry, didnae' mean to interrupt, or anythin'...”

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
ATTIRE:: Knitted Beanie 】 【STATS:: 4'8” and 93lbs

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

[quote="Devlyn Maycry] [quote="Cara MiaKitty]

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
The Graveyard (Trash)