Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[SWSE] Dawn of Defiance <OoC> {Not accepting} Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:43 pm
I realize that there's two people gone, and one whom has opted to not fight but IT IS YOUR MOVE GUYS
I really don't want to TPK this group. I really don't. But if no one moves that hasn't already moved by Wednesday I shall make mine. I can promise you, it probably won't be pretty.
You've all had plenty of time to think on what you're going to do, and I've even given you all ample time to sit on your asses twiddling your thumbs, but I'm getting sick and tired of waiting. The timer is running out and you will get no more extensions.

You have until 10pm EST to make your moves.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:56 pm
Seph Baelzara
I realize that there's two people gone, and one whom has opted to not fight but IT IS YOUR MOVE GUYS
I really don't want to TPK this group. I really don't. But if no one moves that hasn't already moved by Wednesday I shall make mine. I can promise you, it probably won't be pretty.
You've all had plenty of time to think on what you're going to do, and I've even given you all ample time to sit on your asses twiddling your thumbs, but I'm getting sick and tired of waiting. The timer is running out and you will get no more extensions.

Kind of difficult to plan anything when our characters can't see much of anything. But hey, I'm just an Ewok with grenades. Lets watch and see what happens with this little bit of fun.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:51 pm
And give it a rest, will you? Its a game, for ******** sake; lets just play it. The less fun this becomes, the less inclined I am to play.

(This is in reference to the previous conversation)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:56 am
(Points out to seph that I have posted and so has keith a while ago.)  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:41 am
Clearly, if the only solution to the conflict was to blind everyone in the party, we're obviously facing a force we really couldn't hope to deal with anyway. So we are screwed either way. So very sorry if I've been holding up the game. I've been away on work and family issues and having problems getting a network connection. I mentioned it pretty much everywhere else but missed this spot. Still, it's only been a few days, so the reaction was a bit extreme. I'll remember that the next time real life comes into play.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:03 am
Wrasynth Ksyamen
We seriously have the advantage in this situation. I will also /TELL/ you that under these circumstances we /NEED/ a solid advantage like this. We're not facing level one challenges with defensive values like that. Also after talking to Seph 53 damage does not kill that droid.

I'm pretty sure you hit the trooper, not the droid, as far as I read it.

Quote:
Regardless of the potential yield this actually has? I don't expect you to agree with every tactical decision but the post you made came off as a shitty, sarcastic, and mostly a cheap snipe. I'm pretty sure you intended this, if not you should really stop doing that, please. I don't want us to have camp fire sing along circle jerk, but don't be an a** hole. I'd rather we have more ooc in the ooc as well. Also returning the light is a simple utf j random object to hit the door button again...

Shutting down our ability to see while they can still see for one round hardly seems like the advantage is on us, and making it so that half the party has to waste their turns attempting to blind the opposition (assuming they even have tool belts and flashlights) is going to leave some folks annoyed that they can't do anything while you're spamming something like four actions in a turn. I can understand the frustration that Mongooseh is expressing. I think we're all sorry that we aren't playing the game the way you'd like us to, though. I'm apparently without nearly the proficiency in the Force rules as you, as I would never think to do the six-actions-in-a-post thing that I've seen from you twice. Obviously, I'm not doing it right. I'll just play along, though.

In the future, when you do something that seriously inconveniences everyone else, and someone complains about it, coming across in a lecturing tone telling everyone what they have to do to be able to do anything is a bit of a d**k thing to do as well. But, this is the internet. We all do d**k things periodically. Like what I'm doing right now, probably.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:56 am
You literally contributed not a single new thing though. This is very passive aggressive and I would rather you either be (preferably) assertive or aggressive about it. The passive bull s**t is what's making me loose my patience. You also clearly only read some of the posts and not all of it as well. This also burns my patience faster than anything else; I would rather you had just admit you didn't have the patience to do so. I'm sorry for being aggressive alpha male; but regardless? I refuse to take this crap. Either own up to it, or not.

Also one /new/ thing? Take the helmets with the UTF move object basic skill (It's a move action required to hit their ref defense.), then put them on players who can't fight effectively in the dark. That leaves the ewok out of fighting effectively... (I presume the ewok because I can't imagine the helmets effectively fitting.)

Yes we take most of our first round from three players turning the odds back in our favor. Seriously, I'm ok with this. After explaining the on average damage we need to deal with? That means for the rounds after that I hold a move action to close the door when it's opened. The other Jedi can as well. Which means we can guarantee the door stays shut with only move actions.

I'm simply saying we need to shut them down, as we can't wade through this fight. With the two vibro axes up front? That pretty much guarantees any melee rushing to stop the ranged down poor is going to get cut down quickly.If only because I imagine a few shift moves and you're flanked on several accounts and dead.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:02 am
As for Niknik, he's a mechanic, not a fighter. I am going to try to get myself a set of droids... one astromech, one hauler/heavy weapons platform, one combat, later. Course, right now, I'm waiting to see the result of the first round. If you don't die and are taken captive, it's likely I can try to find and rescue you. I do have shiny shiny skills to do that with. biggrin  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:03 am
Raganui Minamoto
As for Niknik, he's a mechanic, not a fighter. I am going to try to get myself a set of droids... one astromech, one hauler/heavy weapons platform, one combat, later. Course, right now, I'm waiting to see the result of the first round. If you don't die and are taken captive, it's likely I can try to find and rescue you. I do have shiny shiny skills to do that with. biggrin

It's also for RP reasons that I absolutely approve.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:11 am
Anatarei Crimsonthrone
Wrasynth Ksyamen
We seriously have the advantage in this situation. I will also /TELL/ you that under these circumstances we /NEED/ a solid advantage like this. We're not facing level one challenges with defensive values like that. Also after talking to Seph 53 damage does not kill that droid.

I'm pretty sure you hit the trooper, not the droid, as far as I read it.

Then all the commotion would stop as he focused all of this onto one of the droids.

No pretty sure I hit droid number X off in the corner or something.  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:20 pm
So I take it you're going to dictate what our characters do from now on, Wrasynth? Would you like my character sheet?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:56 am
Dion Necurat
So I take it you're going to dictate what our characters do from now on, Wrasynth? Would you like my character sheet?

I loled.  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:38 pm
Alright, I think we've all posted. Lets get this deathtrap over with.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:47 pm
I thought I made it obvious: I'm waiting for a roll from Sakura. Depending on how she rolls could determine how well and how hard (if at all) a droid hits.
Force Lightning, regardless of a "hit" or not, still does at least half damage of what's rolled.

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:12 pm
Seph Baelzara
I thought I made it obvious: I'm waiting for a roll from Sakura. Depending on how she rolls could determine how well and how hard (if at all) a droid hits.
Force Lightning, regardless of a "hit" or not, still does at least half damage of what's rolled.

You DID give us until Wednesday to do all of our rolling...are you now suggesting breaking your own deadline?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff