Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Ephemeral Skies Chapitre I Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jennibert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:43 am
Kristenna wanders through the marketplace, looking for the captain. She stops at anywhere that seems logical for him to have stopped while resupplying and asks if anyone has seen him....and asks as discreetly as she can about Consortium activity while she's at it.  
Arc Vembris rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:37 am
Buck settles down and catches his breath, regaining his psionic focus. His claws retract and his features become more human again, though not a lot.

((Concentrate 1+14=BRAIN FART, should have just taken 10))

"Thanks for the help you two. What do you make of this thing, huh?"  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:47 pm
Reed looks surprised as the monster's head flies off. Okay, if I could do that more often, I'd totally spend more time in close combat... He blinks a few times, and then turns to look almost at Buck. "No problem. Wouldn't want to leave a shipmate to get trounced. Not sure what this thing is--why did it attack you? Or do you even know?"  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:06 pm
"I found him buried in the ground. He was wearing a Consortium uniform, but when I got close he attacked me. Some kinda unliving beast."  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:14 pm
jennibert
Kristenna wanders through the marketplace, looking for the captain. She stops at anywhere that seems logical for him to have stopped while resupplying and asks if anyone has seen him....and asks as discreetly as she can about Consortium activity while she's at it.

Everywhere you inquire it's the same story - The Consortium came to town and wanted to get into the ruins, were warned against doing so, but attempted to anyway. They met with failure, apparently, and then left on their airship for parts unknown. They were rather helpful, spreading wealth around the town as the soldiers got shore leave, and some of the merchants attempted to forge new contracts.
{Anything more will require a Gather Information roll.}

You find the Captain and Lyndie in a dingy old mechanist's shop, airship parts lying strewn about in front, some corroded and others in just various stages of disrepair. The shop itself lies on the outskirts of the merchant area of the town, near some less savory-looking residencies. You see Sheziera walking by on her way back to the airship. Captain Shevat appears to be attempting to haggle with the mechanist, a warforged composed entirely of wood.  
Emerald the Crow rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:02 pm
Wiping some sweat from her brow, Marionne examines the corpse. "I'm afraid that I have next to no experience with the unliving. But, whatever it was, it can't be good. Reed, didn't you say that there were signs of negative energy over there? Could that be related?

{I'm going to roll a Profession: Airship Captain check to see if it gets me anything that I can tell from his Consortium uniform. +3 bonus.}  

Emerald the Crow

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:16 pm
"Very likely," Reed says, looking more closely at the corpse. "Undead are generally powered by negative energy. Maybe this is even whoever left that burn we were looking at before." Reed chants quietly for a moment, and then his eyes glow slightly as his vision shifts so that he can see auras.

{Reed casts detect magic to see if there's anything worth checking out, or a trail worth following, or whatever.}  
jennibert rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:27 pm
Disciple of Sakura
Everywhere you inquire it's the same story - The Consortium came to town and wanted to get into the ruins, were warned against doing so, but attempted to anyway. They met with failure, apparently, and then left on their airship for parts unknown. They were rather helpful, spreading wealth around the town as the soldiers got shore leave, and some of the merchants attempted to forge new contracts.
{Anything more will require a Gather Information roll.}

You find the Captain and Lyndie in a dingy old mechanist's shop, airship parts lying strewn about in front, some corroded and others in just various stages of disrepair. The shop itself lies on the outskirts of the merchant area of the town, near some less savory-looking residencies. You see Sheziera walking by on her way back to the airship. Captain Shevat appears to be attempting to haggle with the mechanist, a warforged composed entirely of wood.

{well, first I'll make the Gather Info check....at +2 for her Cha...}

Upon finding the Captain, Kristenna pauses in the doorway to watch as he haggles. She sidles up to Lyndie and whispers, "What's he trying to get? And what's a good price for it? I can possibly help negotiate if I know the terms."  

jennibert

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:52 pm
jennibert
{well, first I'll make the Gather Info check....at +2 for her Cha...}

Upon finding the Captain, Kristenna pauses in the doorway to watch as he haggles. She sidles up to Lyndie and whispers, "What's he trying to get? And what's a good price for it? I can possibly help negotiate if I know the terms."

{You learn no more from that level of roll. Sorry.}

"Oh, we're trying to get ourselves a Harmonium Injector, an Elementium Converter, and a Gaigakksian Containment Unit. They're pretty expensive, because they're complicated archanotechnical mechanisms, and also because every airship needs them to function. They last a while, but the White Falcon's had its components for probably longer than I've been walking, so they're beyond maintaining and repair. We could probably do without a replacement GCU, but the rest are pretty top priority if I'm not going to be inundated with ice crystals, acid balls, or electrical zaps every time I try and regulate the fuel intake to the left sail rudder.

The guy's asking for about three thousand gold for the Converter, two thousand for the Injector, and twelve hundred for the GCU. I understand why - parts for an airship as old as the Falcon are harder to come by and to configure from other parts, but still... it's practically highway robbery. Siddig's mood isn't going to help, either. Something about this Black Roc has got him riled up. Still, I'd say that the parts are probably marked up about twenty percent or so more than they really should be."

{Marionne, you can't identify anything about the corpse's uniform. It's possible that he hails from a different company than you'd be used to...}  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:09 pm
User ImageSheziera luxuriates back on the White Falcon, helping herself to a bottle of wine she picked up along the way back. It felt so good having her feet back on an airship rather than that crappy ground... But where was everyone else, anyway?  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

jennibert rolled 2 20-sided dice: 6, 13 Total: 19 (2-40)

jennibert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:28 pm
Disciple of Sakura
{You learn no more from that level of roll. Sorry.}

{Rub it in, why don't ya? wink }

Lyndie
"Oh, we're trying to get ourselves a Harmonium Injector, an Elementium Converter, and a Gaigakksian Containment Unit. They're pretty expensive, because they're complicated archanotechnical mechanisms, and also because every airship needs them to function. They last a while, but the White Falcon's had its components for probably longer than I've been walking, so they're beyond maintaining and repair. We could probably do without a replacement GCU, but the rest are pretty top priority if I'm not going to be inundated with ice crystals, acid balls, or electrical zaps every time I try and regulate the fuel intake to the left sail rudder.

The guy's asking for about three thousand gold for the Converter, two thousand for the Injector, and twelve hundred for the GCU. I understand why - parts for an airship as old as the Falcon are harder to come by and to configure from other parts, but still... it's practically highway robbery. Siddig's mood isn't going to help, either. Something about this Black Roc has got him riled up. Still, I'd say that the parts are probably marked up about twenty percent or so more than they really should be."

Twenty percent. Okay. That's a starting place. And maybe if I save him money here, he'll be amenable to what I want... Kristenna smiles broadly and calls out. "Captain! I've been looking everywhere for you! I found a guy who has the converter we were looking for, and at a great price--oh, I'm sorry. I'm interrupting, aren't I? But I was just so excited about the bargain that I couldn't help myself. Pardon me very much for the intrusion, sir." She bows slightly to the man with whom the Captain is negotiating.

{That's a bluff check at +11 for blatant lying and a diplomacy check at +9 for not irritating her mark. smile }  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:35 pm
{Hey, DM - does Reed get anything from his spell?}

Marionne leans over and inspects the corpse. "I don't recognize anything about this uniform. We should do some more inquiries about what the Consortium was up to here. If there's a corpse with one of their uniforms on, there's definitely something going on. I can't believe it'd be a coincidence."  

Emerald the Crow

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:43 pm
Bucks nods sagely. "Agreed, mind if I tag along?"  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:44 pm
Dallas Moonrain
"Very likely," Reed says, looking more closely at the corpse. "Undead are generally powered by negative energy. Maybe this is even whoever left that burn we were looking at before." Reed chants quietly for a moment, and then his eyes glow slightly as his vision shifts so that he can see auras.

{Reed casts detect magic to see if there's anything worth checking out, or a trail worth following, or whatever.}

{Sorry. Read it, and then it immediately slipped my mind. Having little sleep thanks to a 8 month old will do that to ya, I hear...}
Reed's detect magic spell indicates a pair of weak magical auras on the body, eventually being determined as coming from a signet ring worn on the corpse's right middle finger, and an amulet beneath his uniform coat.

{Spellcraft checks would be required to determine their school of magic.}

Other than those two items, there does not appear to be any magical effect in the area (aside from the obvious gear of the PCs).  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:49 pm
jennibert
Twenty percent. Okay. That's a starting place. And maybe if I save him money here, he'll be amenable to what I want... Kristenna smiles broadly and calls out. "Captain! I've been looking everywhere for you! I found a guy who has the converter we were looking for, and at a great price--oh, I'm sorry. I'm interrupting, aren't I? But I was just so excited about the bargain that I couldn't help myself. Pardon me very much for the intrusion, sir." She bows slightly to the man with whom the Captain is negotiating.

{That's a bluff check at +11 for blatant lying and a diplomacy check at +9 for not irritating her mark. smile }

The Captain turns around, looking quizzically at Kristenna as if he wasn't entirely sure what she was talking about at first. Then it dawned on him and he smirked. "That's great, Kristenna! Wonderful news. I was trying to get some other parts from this fine gentleman, but we've been having a disagreement about price. Certainly couldn't be helped, of course. We should be on our way."

If a warforged could look flustered, the shop keep clearly would have been. "What kind of 'great price?'" his voice intoned, echoing as if from a wooden music box. "I can promise you that we are the cheapest outfit in the market for converters. I certainly wouldn't imagine anyone could provide you with one for less."  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff