Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The End of Days, Chapter One: Decimation Men (OPEN!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:19 am
((Three more people are inside, not counting the driver. They don't have a line of sight to you yet.))  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:09 pm
User ImageDelan takes a moment to calculate trajectories, speed, and a small amount of physics and then whips the weapon turret around to fire it at the ground in front of the vehicle. Hopefully, the bolt would lodge in the ground and cause the vehicle to crash or flip over. He readied himself to jump off.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:03 pm
The bolt explodes in a shower of sparks, and the mobile redoubt continues moving forward. From inside, Delan, you can hear one of the soldiers inside shouting,

"What was THAT?! Did the guy we set up up there not read the instructions or something?"

"I dunno; it looked like he was trying to stop the chariot."

"Why would anyone try to stop this thing using a maneuver like that? Phantom uses magically created bolts, starburst causes the stuff to explode before hitting the target square."

"Maybe the guy up top got killed, and his replacement didn't know that?"

"Oh, don't be stupid. If that was the case, we'd be attacked by a bomb that was dropped down the hatch."

"That seems a little bit like a hint."

"Oh, don't be stupid."

"I'm just saying, if there's someone up top other than our gunner, and he heard you say that, he'd probably drop the bomb into the chariot and bail."

"Oh, I'm sure that won't happen."

"Are you serious? We're faceless grunts driving a tank. We're warriors. They're way above our level."

"How do you know that?"

"One of them blew up the entire zombie mob in one shot, remember?"

"Oh, yeah."

"Yeah..."

"This sucks."

"Most assuredly."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:24 am
User ImageDelan shrugs. "Well, when carefully applied plans fall through, one can always improvise." He does the simple thing and drops a grenade into the crew compartment, leaping deftly from the redoubt to safety.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:48 pm
The redoubt's hatch spews a gout of flame from the interior, making an impressive display but miraculously leaving it intact. You hear people screaming inside, and the redoubt comes to a complete stop.

A soldier pokes his smoking head out of the armored behemoth. You hear him laughing with relief.

"I don't believe it! I am alive! Whoo!"  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:07 pm
User ImageWhipping his blade to the survivor's throat, Delan whispers, "If you wish to remain that way, I suggest you give me all the intelligence you have on your masters' fortifications. It is my mission to bring this marvel crashing to the ground, and the easier you make it on me, the more likely you are to continue drawing breath."  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:55 pm
"Oh, this place?" the soldier nervously stammers out, "We don't know half of the stuff about this place, sir. My masters came aboard with us and killed everyone manning the thing. You'd be surprised as to what powers they've got at their disposal, my masters."

"There's rumors going round about them, too. My mate's and I heard that one of 'em was a demon, one was the ultimate elf, and one could persuade even the gods to his case. I heard one of my masters actually is a god, in his own way."

"But, you'll never believe this part: They've been talking about something else, besides these strange events going on with the Planes right now. They're saying someone's been pulling the strings for the whole thing. They say he's been pulling the strings since the world began."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:47 am
User Image"If your masters are so grand, why are they sending soldiers of your limited calibre against such an overwhelming invading force? I've barely broken a sweat.

"And have you never seen your masters? Why rely upon rumor if you cannot verify it for yourself? Where are your errant masters now, so that we might visit them?"  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Slave Xaccheus rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:12 pm
((Just to make sure there are no misunderstandings, you guys will come back, despite...))

"Well, good sir, you happen to be holding a knife to the throat of one of them."

Delan, your guard morphs and twists with a sickening, wet squish. You are staring at a Kobold. A viper slithers out of its armor, taking a comfortable perch on its shoulder. The kobold strokes the animal affectionately.

"I trust this lets you know why I have this title, yes?"

The Kobold snaps his fingers, and the viper glows strangely. The kobold's eyes light up, and he looks directly at you. Smiling arrogantly, the lizard looks at you, and says, "I'll see you later."

The kobold's hand transforms into a sharp, bony horn. With a quick thrust, he jabs at your heart.

((that. Rolling damage, with a +10,000 to hit.))  
Slave Xaccheus rolled 1 8-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-8)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:13 pm
((Rolling damage. This is undoubtably going to hurt.))  

Slave Xaccheus

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:15 pm
Delan, the horn rips through you, out the back, sprouts additional barbs, pulls back, and rips you to to bloodied ribbons, save for your head.

Misery and everyone else, you see a 100 foot kobold rise over the tops of the buildings. You see him punch the ground, followed by a massive tremor that splits the mountain in half. Whoever cannot fly; you fall.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:28 am
{Huh. No attack of opportunity. Well, it's not every day that an entire party is eliminated by PunPun.}  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:26 am
((Don't worry; you guys are going to be fine. I had something like this planned. Those explosives for the mountain are going to be important later. It's like a part in a fantasy RPG video game where the heroes run into a massively overpowered bad guy, but despite the mass own, they are rescued by another benefactor. Everything is going to be with you when you wake up. This was mainly to get rid of the people who obviously aren't posting (going from start of RP) and to allow others who got left behind and couldn't post a second chance to jump in.))  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:28 pm
*Misery and Halen are falling. Like rocks. Armor clad rocks.*

{Sorry, crazy time of year, so brain is not all here...}  

jennibert

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items