Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply An abnormal love of cats
Introduce yourself and your kitties Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faith_luvs_Shiro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:39 am
My name is faith~ so call me Faith~!

i have ttwo kittens (brother and sister)

The felmale tabby is Coco she's very playfuk and fun

Her brother Soil, a black kitten is very shy but also fun.

both of them love to attack people's feet, especially if you have long jeans~

and i love them both~ :3

my very first cat was angel, she had her litter of kittens, which is where kagome came from, and she had a litter of kittens, which is where star came from, and star had her litter of kittens which is where coco and soil came from.

the rest of the kittens were givven away and the mom cats and there borhers were rann over or givven away.

soil and coco recently lost their little brother Dusk.. he had aten a bird and got sick i told my dad he need to go to the vet but he wouldn't take him. so we took him to pets mart and the lady said that dusk wa sin alot of pain and he need to go to the emergency vet right away. but my dad made an excuse and said none were open. so later that day he died and i blame my dad. (and also there mother (star) was ran over....she was a very friendly and beautiful cat too..) he had died the same week his mother did :[  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:32 am
I have two boys - Samson and Maya. Samson is a Himalayan / Siamese mix, he's the fluffball.... Maya be believe is a Seal-Lynx Point Siamese, and he has extra toes on his front feet, so they look like snowshoes! Maya we rescued form some jerk who was gonna sell him for drug money! He was TINY when we first got him.  

Venuslady

Lyca_Watyre

Enduring UFO

23,575 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:48 pm
Hey guys, I'm Lyca, 24, and I'm pretty nuts about my furry fourleggers, three of whom are kitties. I'm so excited to have been invited! It was a very nice surprise! My interests include cats (duh), dogs, animals in general, aliens, Gaia (and Gaia plot, of course), art and music, drawing, and ice skating. I'm pretty friendly and I love to make new friends.

First there's Winnie, she's a calico shorthair tuxedo/tabby cross. She and I have a very special bond. Her father (that insanely smart scalawag was always escaping and visiting lady-friends, but I alter all my kitties now) was my childhood companion who passed away from a fatal illness...sad story for a much later time. When we got her from her mother's home, she was about 5 weeks old, still on kitten milk and very very sick. Her mother's owners were not good cat people. I ended up nursing her back to health with bottles, eye droppers, cuddles and snuggles, and lots of expensive medication. We weren't sure if she would make it but, I wasn't about to let her go. She turned 10 yesterday! Because of all the heavy handling as a kitten, Winnie is very affectionate and people oriented. I even call her my familiar because she takes a personal interest in everything I do. Her nicknames include, Winnabin, Bindle, Bundle, and Binbin, Bun, and Bindi. hehe, I've also taken to calling her beachball because she is very fat now. She has thyroid issues, but is still fairly active and very healthy, despite her weight. It's going to break me to pieces when we reach endtimes.

Then I have Mitzy, who is a small, black longhair mountain cat. She has beautiful hints of rust in her fur. We adopted her from the petco adoption program. Her previous owner had passed away. She started out very shy and skittish, but patient hours of coaxing and gentle handling has turned her into an outgoing and friendly kitty who loves to meet people. I believe she is around 13 or 14. She is missing a few teeth, but that doesn't stop her from chowing down or hunting out mice in the backyard (under my supervision) and holding her own against our young one and the dogs. She doesn't have much of a meow, more of a creak. Never found out why but it's one of her cute quirks. Her nicknames are Mixin, Mixy, and Mynx.

And last but certainly not least is Thor. He's a lanky black cat with an unbelievably long tail and color-changing copper/yellow/blue/green eyes that can look into your soul and come back with the meaning of life...can you tell he's special to me yet? blaugh I believe he is a Siamese, Bombay mix. I'll post his pic later so if anybody has breed ideas, please let me know. The rambunctious little boy who adopted me...sort of. One summer evening I was bringing the dogs back in from a romp in the yard when we hear this terrible screeching. I'm thinking we got a raccoon in the yard so I hustle everybody inside. The I go investigate as a car goes squealing out of the meadow behind my house. A yowling ball of fluff goes zipping past me and I bend down recognizing the form of a very freaked out kitten. The little guy had run under the house so I try calling in mama cat talk. He creeps out, sees me, and jumps into my hands, then settles down. He's very tiny and just fills one of my hands. He was about 3-4 weeks old. I had to bottle feed him and wean him myself so Thor is completely hand raised. He's very attached to me and does get separation anxiety, though I've mostly cured him of that now. The vet said they had never seen a cat so attached to their human before. I don't know why those people dumped him and his "brother" (I was unable to catch Hermes, who seemed much older, and I fed him until he disappeared a few months ago. I hope he found a family) but I'm glad I got Thor out of the deal. We're inseparable. The girls weren't too thrilled at first but they've gotten used to him and Winnie took on a mothering role. I have a feeling she's named him as her successor to the spot at my side. His nicknames are Thorbie, tailfayce, and jungle man.

So those are my fluff faces. They are all very strictly indoor and go on outdoor excursions regularly in my backyard on leashes. They are leash trained so we do sometimes go walking with the pups. It's fun to watch people try to work that one out.

Sorry bout the text wall, but I am insanely in love with them as I'm sure you guys understand.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:51 pm
Oh boy.

My name is Brandi. My boyfriend of three years and I live together.
We have 13 cats. Seriously.

Sox - The eldest. He's 7 years old. He's a tuxedo kitty. smile He's very shy and really only loves me and the other cats. He likes to get rubbed by anyone but it does take some time for him to trust. After 3 years he just recently got used to my boyfriend and it takes him a while to get adjusted to new cats. Usually he's scared. razz Big fat scaredy cat he is.

Garfield - Is the second eldest. He's about 3 though I am not entirely sure. I found him quite sick and emaciated by my old job. He loved me and had no problem getting in my car, so he just came home. He looks like Garfield, orange everything including eyes and nose. When I got him he needed to be flea dipped and was too weak to be neutered. Naturally at the time I had two girls that were up to being spayed but I had to put that off to pay his bills. He caught them both at the same time. He is now the proud papa of 6 kittens. He loves my boyfriend and listens to him like I've never seen before. He on the other hand gets mad at me and stalks my legs which he likes to bite.

Shadow the 3rd and Nini
- I adopted them both at the same time after Shadow the 2nd ran away. She jumped out of a second story window. I know she didn't die...I think she ran away with strays. Anyway...these girls used to be best friends, they don't really care for eachother now. Shadow is all black with white hairs throughout, no spots just stray hairs. Nini looks just like Sox except female and with a white spot on her nose, both the flesh and the fur. Shadow is extremely shy and comes to you when needed. Nini likes to kiss lips and actually opens her mouth to do so.

Kiki - Kiki is the Mommy of LilKik, Brownie, GreyGrey and Phanny. She is Garfields main squeeze. smile They love eachother dearly and its adorable. She is also my boyfriends best friend. She speaks to him and has about 6 different meows which mean different things. Certain questions she answers by doing a specific meow and it is consistent...so I am convinced that she understands him. She is famous for catching beer caps in the air and then bringing them back for you to play again, yes...she plays catch.

Tutu and Tiggz- I took Tutu out of my backyard as her mother was definitely not able to handle the four kittens she had outside. It broke my heart to not be able to take them all....but she was the only one I could catch. She is very shy and never grew out of that. She loves Garfield and Tiggz as they all came around the same time. She loves to sleep with them. Tiggz came 2 days after Tutu and I got him from someone my boyfriend worked with, he found them and they were outside in the winter and freezing to death. His sister also survived and she lives with one of his co-workers. Tiggz is a mush, he loves to meow and play in the bathroom with Garfield. They both love to sit in the sink. Tiggz also loves sleeping and playing with the kittens.

LilSox and LilNini - They are the babies of Nini and Garfield. They look almost exactly the same except LilSox looked like Sox when he was a baby. smile He now has Nini's coloring with Garfields face. LilNini looks EXACTLY and acts EXACTLY like his mom. He does the whole kisses with the lips and has the same white spot on his flesh and fur nose. They love to sleep together and climb on everything...including the counter when I am trying to feed them.

LilKik - Looks just like his mom...different structure of his jaw though. He's the bad boy that ruins everything that he touches. He's ALWAYS in trouble. He loves to sit on your lap..always.

Brownie - Brownie likes to act like a horse and jump and arch his back to hit your hand so you'll pet him. He's lazy and bigger than all the other kittens but is extremely mild tempered.

Phanny - Is named after the Phantom of the Opera because she has two faces. One side is grey the other is tan. She learned to play catch just like her mom Kiki just by watching her. One day we threw a cap and she just brought it back. She is now obsessed with it. She is so loving that the other cats usually just beat her up because shes too touchy touchy. smile

GreyGrey
- Grey is my baby. Kiki pushed her away at 1 week old due to a URI...I then had to bottle feed her for the rest of her infancy. At night she still tries to nurse from my head...not exactly sure why she chooses there...but she does. Shes very active and isn't scared of everything. When I turn the vacuum on all the other cats run away, and she runs to it. She loves to play with Phanny although Phanny always gets the toy before her and brings it back to me. smile

A Beautiful Stranger

Supreme Visionary

13,225 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200

Jannyloujanjan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:36 pm
My name is Janice and I have two cats. Jynx is a black cat with a white spot on her belly. She had a kitten about four weeks ago who I haven't named yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:33 am
Hello everyone my name is, Tasha.... well technically its Natashia ^_^ but lets just stay with Tasha ^_^ tehehehe. I'm quite artsy type crazy, i am or hope other believe im a nice and caring person. I'm also very scensitive, I....how do you say...... a Empath. Someone who is very scensitive to others emotional states ^_^;;; heh heh freaks some of my friends out sometimes that i know how they are feeling. ^_^ anyways.

My cats names go as so: Angel (dead)
Shadow (dissapeared/Dead)
Tiger (dissapeared/Dead)
Pheo (dissapeared/Dead)
Molly

Angel: Angel was a very sweet cat, very caring and loving, lazed around the house, fetched, and came when you called her. Unfortunatly she caught something and was starving to death and her intestines were blocking off and shrinking. The vets could not figure out what was wrong with her and so she had to be put to rest. Poor girl i miss her greatly. She was grey, slightly darker grey and white markings, with a wing desighn upon her forehead, sweet and neet cat.

Shadow: This cat was my baby and i mean my baby he stuck to me like glue whenever he could, being a outdoor cat. Her was kind careing, attention grabbing puring and up in your face type of cat, it was hard getting him off and away from me. He also loved our four dogs and got along well with them, played with them, rubbed up against them, he was a strange on indeed. When his best bud tiger went away (dissapeared/dead) he sulked for weeks. This big suck was my baby but unfortunatly he too dissapeared and never came back to us. He was a large bulky muscular cat huge he was. His color was pitch shiny cole black , no other colors jsut pure black.

Tiger: Tiger was a striped cat, his coloring is foggy to mee because it was so long ago. though he was built like Shadow his temper was a lil like, 'hmmm ill let you touch me right now go ahead, i want attention' then the next moment he could change and be like 'hisssss get away i dont want to be bothered now.' lol he was a moody cat yes, but he was very loving and caring as well, loved playing tricks on the dogs hahahaha fun to watch the dogs get frustriated XD hahaha. yeah but unfortunatly he dissapeared/ died and we do miss him very much.

Pheo: Pheo was a grey and white cat, very soft fur it was very neet, loved to jsut sit there petting him for hours and he would let me. I got him from his mom when he was young, but it was too young and we had to feed him through a bottle. The previous owner sent him a little to early, but he did well and learned quite fast. He was quick and agile, loving caring and loved to go to bed with me, he would sleep at my feet. Though there is a funny story, at first we thought he was a girl and so he was first named Pheobe, but when he was much older we noticed he was a boy XD it was hillarious, so we started calling him Pheo. He still came to that name and so we were relieved XD funny. He would come when called, hop up and ly aroudn my shoulders. it was adorable, this cat was my baby. It saddens me that he dissapeared/ died not to long ago. Miss him ^_^ Thats what happens when you live on a farm.

Molly: Molly was originally a farm/ barn cat, chasing mice, playing around, then my family friend took her in and she became a indoor/ outdoor cat and lived with him ever since. But i had always gone over there and she would always nudge up against me and ourr and love/ adore me whenever i was there. You could say that i adopted her. she stayed in the family for a logn time and is amazingly still here, i swear she is around 10 years old now it is insane. ^_^ maybe even older, but now she is at my dads house and i see her all the time and she still comes to me beging for attention. Molly is all white, but her fur on her back is slightly thinner then the rest of her, but other then that she looks quite healthy. She even looks muscly.

Sincerly Tasha ^_^  

Tasha9090

mithrril

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:37 am
My name is Cayt and I'm 23. I'm married and I currently have one cat. His name is Lando the Lucky and he's around 3 years old. We rescued him from Last Chance Rescue. He's adorable. He looks just like a Main Coon but smaller. We don't know anything about his history except that they thought he was around 1 years old. The vet says he's at least 3, so who knows really! razz He's a great cat and loves to play and hang out in the bathroom.

I've only had one other cat who we found as a stray when I was in kindergarden or so. Her name was Mithrril and she died this year. She was 20+ years old so she had a good life.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:42 am
welcome to all the new guildies and their kitties! <3

*admires mithrril's very white avatar*

cardi

Cat

Toranoko

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:36 pm
Hello, everyone! My name is Heidi. I'm nineteen years old and reside in the area of New England (I'm usually going back and forth between the states of Connecticut and Massachusetts). I have been an animal lover since I was a small child and have had many types of pets (cats, dogs, parakeets, fish), but I am currently a senior volunteer at a non-profit and no-kill cat shelter. I also do all of their web design and most of their photography. Besides this, I have three cats of my own: a thirteen year old Maine Coon mix female named Pounce, a four year old black and white Domestic Shorthair male named Yoshi, and a six month old Blue Point Siamese male named Thuddleton. Here are some pictures:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Pounce

Yoshi

Thud

Yoshi and Thud trying to capture a fly

Pounce is the first cat I ever had and rescued eleven years ago. When she first started hanging around our house, we didn't really know what to do. She was a little skittish, but I kept trying to get close to her every time I saw her until she finally let me pet her. After that, she started rubbing up against us and coming a lot closer. Upon further inspection, we noticed her ribs were literally sticking out. We offered her a french fry, and she gladly chowed it down. I begged my Mom to let me keep her, so we brought her in, cleaned her up, and had her tested at the vet. We strongly suspect she was abused by a man because she's still terrified of men to this day. Oh, and she'll never eat a french fry ever again; she is a very picky eater now and often snubs the food we give her. smile

Yoshi is the first kitten I ever had. We found him via a lady who was rescuing abandoned and abused cats and kittens through her house when he was eight weeks old. I brought him home and we instantly bonded. He is still my little boy and has one of the best temperaments I have ever seen in a cat. In his entire life, he has only ever growled and hissed at one person: the vet. No other human or animal alike has ever had him growl or hiss at them, even when they're irritating or attacking him.

Thuddleton is my newest family member. He was one of our rescues at our cat shelter. He had a severe upper respiratory infection and we didn't think he was going to make it, but he pulled through with a vengeance and even fought off two relapses. As soon as I saw him, I knew he belonged in our family. He is a little nutball and VERY vocal (as are most Siamese), but I love it so much. He has a fondness for shoes and used towels.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:05 pm
Call me Cupid. ^-^

Aw...The above cats are sooo cute!
I currently have no cats. However, we used to have a(cat version of "mutt"?) named Frizby. I love having them around.

Honestly, I really miss the warm bundle of furry delight in your lap.
I can remember that one of my cats used to follow me to the bus stop when I was young. Sort of like an adorable and furry bodyguard. >_<

Cupids-Folly

iiaznPanda9

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:09 pm
I currently have two cats: Simba and Fiona. We used to have four, but one died gonk gonk , and the other was given away. Since there was one female cat (Fiona) and two males (Simba and the other unnamed), they fought over Fiona, so in order to prevent it from getting worse as they got older, we were forced to give one away. I was sad to let him go, but I knew that it was for his own benefit.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:04 am
My name is Rachel, but you can call me Raye. I've loved cats since birth. I currently have two family cats one that I kitten witch I one and four kittens that we are giving away. crying

Family cat number one:
Her name is Tiger and of course she's a tabby. She was a stray from my moms work and because of that she was kind of a b. At first she had nothing to do with any of us. Then one day she got case up a tree by the family dog(outside dog). After that she turned over a new leaf and now she is a lot nicer to all of us.

Family cat number two:
Her name is Caly, she's a calico. My mom named her, so don't get on me about the name. She too was a stray from my bothers friend's house. She's the one who had the five kittens. She's been been a sweetheart since we got her.

My baby:
Her name is Sugar, she too is a calico like her mom. She is so sweet most of the time, thats how she got her name. I haven't had her long so I can't tell you much on her.

The four free loaders:
Number one:
His name is JR because he looks just like his father. He's a tabby and his father is a neighborhood cat. He is the only boy. crying He has to be the sweetest one out of the whole bunch.

Number two:
Her tag name is Calico One, that's to keep her and sugar apart at first. She's a sweety too.

Number three:
Her name is Scaredicat and her name fits her most of the time. She's a black, gray and orange tabby. Mostly black and gray, the orange is in her face. She's sweetest before bedtime.

Number four:
Her name is Sweet Pea and she was named before she showed she true colors. She's a meanie and has hardly anything to do with anyone. She's a fluffy tabby with blue eyes. She's the only one with blue eyes and the only fluffy one. These unique traits is why I was going to keep her. It's a shame that her beauty is only skin deep. She has to be the meanest out of the whole bunch.

That me and my cats in a nutshell. I'll try to do pictures latter.  

Kisa The Lovely

itsalwaysbeentoolate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:51 am
hi im niki. i have two american shorthair tabbies. they are brothers and are currently six years old. they are grey and black and have little bulls eye designs on their sides. they are very loving and enjoy laying in my lap and covering me in fur because they shed a lot. good thing i dont mind smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:22 am
Hi, I'm Mallory! And I LOVE cats! As a matter of fact, I have 5 cats!

Their names are:
Lucy: 6 mos old (long-haired tabby, and a polydactyl)
Simon: 3 years old (orange, short-haired tabby)
Shelby: 15 years old (Norwegian Forest cat, black)
Wendy: 6 years old (Calico Shorthair)
Willow: 13 years old (Russian Blue)

I just love them all 3nodding  

Night Electric

7,400 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100

Gooseless

5,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:47 am
Hello, you guys can call me Jackie.
I am seventeen years old and I currently own one kitten which I got three days ago but my mother has two more.
I'm in the band and currently wanting to be a band director but I want to be photographer or a cat breeder (Perferably ragdoll breed) maybe I can do all three or just photography and breeding.
Oh I don't know.
My kitten is a Cream Point Ragdoll and his name is Noble and he is the sweetest little boy ever.
=^.^=
Those are five pictures of a whole bunch of my sweet little boy.
He just falls asleep in your lap and cuddles with you but he likes to play all the time too I can't wait to see what he looks like when he gets older!

An abnormal love of cats

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff