Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:17 am
Kowsauni
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni

Since it appears like it will chain through all of our turns, I have a question: are there windows where we can see the action through (maybe not from our current vantage point, but where I can direct Irene to)?

There are no windows in the building but the front doors are torn open.

I am devastated, so we cannot defenestrate the umber hulks?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:39 pm
DM, what is the n shaped object in the upper middle of the room? I am guessing some type of stage; if so, is it raised(DT or climb check needed)?  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 6:33 am
I'll need to do the math later- also realized I updated my HP and spent the surge on my character sheet, but didn't mention it in my post. Hazards of posting during downtime from work, but things have been crazy outside of it.  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 7:21 am
Kow,

Illikan had 60 hp, I healed 17, so 77-27=50, but you have him at 46. Did I miss something?  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 8:34 pm
PupSage

OOC:
Assuming 23 beats their Will save, U1 and U3 are knocked back 3 squares and are prone.

For area of affect attacks and attacks that hit multiple targets you have to roll to hit for each target. The 23 you rolled will hit UH1 but you need to roll again to see if you hit UH3.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 1:21 pm
I should have been more on top of this round- a bit late to make everyone page back on things now, Illikan was grabbed last, so that umberhulk moving after Kuori would have triggered Guardian's Pounce.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 1:53 pm
Psychofish
I should have been more on top of this round- a bit late to make everyone page back on things now, Illikan was grabbed last, so that umber hulk moving after Kuori would have triggered Guardian's Pounce.

I think we are holding our breaths to see if 14 hits it's Will. If it does then your attack is triggered and Valac might get a charge attack. Just read what Guardian Pounce did...

I think being grabbed would have stopped it...

If you want to play it safe, by all means, roll the attack.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 2:36 pm
It would, but I got grabbed AFTER the other one moved to attack Kuori. And the ability is a reaction triggered when an enemy moves up to an ally within 3 squares, which Kuori is, and would have debuffed its attack, which might have made that last swing miss too.

But again, if I do that now that changes several people's turns, so it's a bit of a headache. Just got to watch closer because I'll probably want to use it next time it's triggered.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 6:40 pm
It wouldn't change mine short of maybe going to O28 if I could in order to hit U2 as well, but that is assuming you somehow killed UH1. I fail to see how it would effect Ruin, Revenge has yet to act, and I venture to guess that Valac isn't going to stop whalloping on his current target.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 7:01 pm
What Pup said, and I think at worst it would give Valac a charge attack instead of a basic Howl and You are damaged instead of her.

+1 to attack and Bonus damage, depending on which Fullblade equipped. I don't want to go look.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:01 pm
It took 5 years, but I finally got my first critical hit in combat!

EDIT: Excluding that one time I got a crit on a minion. Those don't count.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:53 pm
Rain Yupa
It took 5 years, but I finally got my first critical hit in combat!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 6:23 am
Kowsauni

I realize that I failed to update it when I copy/pasted the power, but symbol of divine reach would expand the radius to seven which includes everyone, its why I risked taking an AOO.

So Irene doesn'tt have DR5, but everyone else should have. Otherwise I could have used it to get Valac, Illikan and her, shift one, then heal Ruin and not have taken an attack in the process.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:00 am
PupSage
Kowsauni

I realize that I failed to update it when I copy/pasted the power, but symbol of divine reach would expand the radius to seven which includes everyone, its why I risked taking an AOO.

So Irene doesn'tt have DR5, but everyone else should have. Otherwise I could have used it to get Valac, Illikan and her, shift one, then heal Ruin and not have taken an attack in the process.

Symbol of Divine Reach increases range of the attack but not the size of the Area of Affect . Those are two separate things. There are actually very few ways to increase the size of an aoe due to how powerful that would be. If you want, I can treat it as if you didn't move and take back the attack of opportunity.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 9:08 am
Kowsauni

I marked UH1. I charged UH2. UH1 is the one taking damage if it ignores me and goes after Kuori.

Also, do the UH have any effects that saves can end? I'm a bit unclear from your posts if they're save-able. I think it's a 1-round daze (no save) and a grab that athletics/acrobatics escapes?  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games