Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
THE ANGST ZONE (Use this, for the love of internetz! ><) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 115 116 117 118 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angst?
  I'll post it wherever the hell I want!
  Please, just keep it in this thread.
  Tell me all your troubles and I'll do my best to help you feel better. *hugs*
  Can it, emo! ><
  Huh?
View Results

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:41 am
Being stuck sucks. =(

I'm kind of stuck myself. I live with three girls (one of which is a friend from highs chool) and another guy. I live here because I was pretty broke when I moved to this city, and my friend told me I could rent a room here. The rent is ridiculously cheap, and we live in a house, not an apartment.

Except, constantly being surrounded by a bunch of loud, melodramatic women is really wearing me down. That, and there are 2 dogs and a cat who are being ignored. The cat is ill, and I'm looking after it, and the puppy is always being left alone, and I'm the one who looks after it, even though I don't like the stupid thing. I'm so sick of worrying that one of the idiots that's constantly here is going to let the cat get outside.

None of the people who are *always* here are my friends (they're all unemployed losers who do nothing by smoke pot and creep facebook for hours and hours and hours and hours...and eat the food we buy), and I don't like them, so I basically stay holed up in my closet-like room all the ******** time, because there really isn't anywhere else to go at night when you're broke.

I need to get my own place, but it seems so stupid when I have such cheap rent here...I'm just not sure it's worth my sanity. x_X  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:52 pm
I'm ******** pissed. I just got fired from my job because apparently I wasn't doing the phone calls correctly. Which is fine, and understandable if I had been warned and still hadn't changed. The woman who fired me decided to tell me at the end of the day what I was doing wrong, despite the fact that she had been listening to me make phone calls for most of the day. This happened after the ONE goddamn phone call I messed up on. The ONE phone call! I did a hell of a lot better than the other guy doing it with me. If she really had a problem with how I was making the phone calls why the hell didn't she tell me at the beginning of the day? I would've been more than happy to change what I was doing. And if the b***h wanted professionals to do the job then she should've hired professionals not a couple of people practically off the street. Not only that but how the hell are you gonna have people give contradictory instructions? It is NOT all right to tell a client "I don't know what the presentations about I'm only supposed to remind you to come" Do these people have any idea how bad that looks for the company? These people are morons and I can't wait for them to realize how big of a mistake they made by firing the two people who were only worrying about making phone calls and not all the other stuff.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:57 pm
Ouch... That lady definitely did not show decorum in her work, whether it be in remedial management or employee courtesy.

Unfortunately I don't know what else you can do about it though. Is there a place to complain about a potentially unfair firing? At the very least... I hope you don't let it get to you for too long; she's not worth it...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:09 pm
I honestly don't care that she fired me, that's not what pisses me off, what pisses me off is that she knew what I could improve on and didn't bother to tell me until the end of the day after she had already decided to fire me. I would've done anything she asked to improve but she didn't even bother.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:23 pm
ya know, I'm sure somewhere they're not allowed to do that. I'm fairly certain anyway. I know that every time I've screwed up at work, my boss takes me aside, tells me what I did wrong, how to fix it, and then tells me to go buy coffee...

Actually, some days as soon as I walk in, he would tell me to go and buy coffee ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:27 pm
My mom's pretty annoyed with her too. She made us use our own cell phones and when my cell phone died after making a ton of calls and I couldn't charge it because I didn't have my charger she said "well I guess you weren't prepared then" Why the hell should I have had to use my own cell phone in the first place!? I understand that you didn't want to use the hotel's phone to make calls since that would've been 100 dollars a day per phone but then supplies us with phones! Give us your own damn cell phone! Or at least be grateful we're using our own phones, instead of bitching.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:45 pm
...had to use your own?

Was there any sort of compensation if you went over your plan minutes?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:55 pm
she didn't tell us there would be  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:17 pm
Hang in there, maybe scout it out, see if there's anything else you could afford, or any friends looking for room-mates... smile

That really doesn't sound *legal*, what she's doing. Do you have the other guy's contact info? I'm pretty sure you could make a claim of some sort. I can't *imagine* having you use your own cell phone for business is required, or can be legally. sad  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:18 pm
Nope, even the store managers where I work have company provided cell phones. Which is why I'm at a loss...

Kitsu, did you guys get paid up front/in cash?  

Arcanas

Hunter

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:25 pm
No, we have to fill out a W-9 and fill out the hours we worked then we'll get paid  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:42 pm
ok, so it seems like it's legit...but needing to use your own cell phones...that's still odd.  

Arcanas

Hunter

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:44 pm
I may end up needing to talk to my mom about this, the whole cell phone thing made both of us uneasy from the start  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:20 pm
AHHHHHHH!!!

WARNING>Photography rant.

I wish there was a magical lenses that were compatible with me!
I read a review on Canon EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM it says it's blurry and the auto focusing is off. Further reading of replys say you can send it back to Canon and they'll calibrate it for you... But wait! There's more problems too!
It's just frustrating to pick a lens that I want to get and save towards it hoping I get no problems or "fuzzyness". When I go into the shop I'll still ask advice from the person and hope I get good reviews....
Blargh... Buying my first lens is a ... horrifying/exciting expierience. I have a lens but I don't count Canons EF-S 18-55mm kit lens as a "real" one that does so much more.

I plan on saving up to get EF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS USM ... around $900 Canadian. Again I've heard problems of claibration that can be sent in. Although I hear that the shot does get blurry as you get closer to 300mm.

After that I need another landscape to telephoto zoom... Hence the 24-70mm lens at the top of the rant.
After that and After that and After that...
I need more and more and ...
I'll need a new bag, new filters, more lenses, ...
And then comes another camera... Then learning all over again that comes with a new lens and a camera.

Sighs.
At least I could be getting an Aprenticeship with a semi local photographer. That can really help me out a lot!
I really love photography and want to be one but right now it's this huge menacing mass of what equipment do I need and I really really really suck.
Although I've come to think that some of it can be due to my lens. It's a kit which is cheap [about $100] so it won't produce high quality stuff but then I also know it has to do with me.

*SCREAMS!!!*  

Large Inmate

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:28 pm
Hiya, Inmate! I don't know if there's anything like this where you are, but in Portland, Oregon there's a store called Pro Photo Supply where you can rent the equipment. (You can also buy it there, as the name of the store might imply.) Perhaps that would let you "get a feel" for the equipment...?  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 115 116 117 118 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games