Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
"Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis." (OOC) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested in joining this fantabulous roleplay?
  OH YEAH!!!!!
  OH NO!!!!!
  OH MAYBE!!!!!
View Results

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:18 pm
Lord Sithious

I think I like them all! I imagine the first one being more common though, with the second and third acting more as "all terrain" types (which by the looks of them, would make them rather expensive to build, but don't let that discourage you! That just means we see fewer of them, but not so few they aren't present).

To be fair, I find a lot of Gundam designs and colorings were really awesome as they were to begin with, so I don't judge you for being more acquainted with recolors. I really need to go back and flip through the list of Gundams that have appeared over the course of the series, it's quite interesting the things they've come up with!

I think I will go with the first being a model already in production while the other two I'll decide for the test unit, depending on if everyone wants mechs or not.

I don't like some of the more recent series and their suits ((build fighters, GBFT, and reconquista). Recon has some nice suits, but the style seems like they were aiming for more models to sell (mostly GBF & GBFT) I REALLY like the Vagan mobile suits from Age. Sure they have just one gundam, but the other units are just as cool looking!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:21 pm
Phoenix347
Lord Sithious

I think I like them all! I imagine the first one being more common though, with the second and third acting more as "all terrain" types (which by the looks of them, would make them rather expensive to build, but don't let that discourage you! That just means we see fewer of them, but not so few they aren't present).

To be fair, I find a lot of Gundam designs and colorings were really awesome as they were to begin with, so I don't judge you for being more acquainted with recolors. I really need to go back and flip through the list of Gundams that have appeared over the course of the series, it's quite interesting the things they've come up with!

I think I will go with the first being a model already in production while the other two I'll decide for the test unit, depending on if everyone wants mechs or not.

I don't like some of the more recent series and their suits ((build fighters, GBFT, and reconquista). Recon has some nice suits, but the style seems like they were aiming for more models to sell (mostly GBF & GBFT) I REALLY like the Vagan mobile suits from Age. Sure they have just one gundam, but the other units are just as cool looking!

That all sounds like a good way to go ahead! I approve! biggrin

I haven't seen enough Gundam myself to know all the series you're mentioning unfortunately. xd I came into the world in that sweet spot where Wing was popular with my older sister, and then me by extension. But I have seen some of the Gundams the other series have put out, and some of them are FANTASTIC! Zakus and Leos remain my personal favorites though. Them and Tallgeese. blaugh  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:28 pm
Lord Sithious
Phoenix347
Lord Sithious

I haven't seen enough Gundam myself to know all the series you're mentioning unfortunately. xd I came into the world in that sweet spot where Wing was popular with my older sister, and then me by extension. But I have seen some of the Gundams the other series have put out, and some of them are FANTASTIC! Zakus and Leos remain my personal favorites though. Them and Tallgeese. blaugh

((A couple from Gundam AGE))
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:38 pm
Phoenix347
Lord Sithious
Phoenix347
Lord Sithious

((A couple from Gundam AGE))
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Those ones are VERY interesting looking! They have more of an "organic" look to them compared to other Gundams (especially Wing's, which seemed to more encapsulate bulky, chunky, tank like things, or fighter jets. I seem to feel like they would have fit in with the 80's, but I'm not sure why XD).  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:55 pm
Lord Sithious

Those ones are VERY interesting looking! They have more of an "organic" look to them compared to other Gundams (especially Wing's, which seemed to more encapsulate bulky, chunky, tank like things, or fighter jets. I seem to feel like they would have fit in with the 80's, but I'm not sure why XD).

The Vagan suits are very alien in appearance (Which leads to the belief they are aliens rather than a human colony)), but I like it compared to their Federation counterparts, which aren't so bad for federation redesigns. I do understand that feeling for the Wing suits. They were the basic of the basic though, nothing too fancy for a large, bipedal machine meant for mass production. Of course due to stock footage, it's destroyed too often but I overlook that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:23 pm
Phoenix347
Lord Sithious

The Vagan suits are very alien in appearance (Which leads to the belief they are aliens rather than a human colony)), but I like it compared to their Federation counterparts, which aren't so bad for federation redesigns. I do understand that feeling for the Wing suits. They were the basic of the basic though, nothing too fancy for a large, bipedal machine meant for mass production. Of course due to stock footage, it's destroyed too often but I overlook that.

That's interesting! I may have to start checking this out sometime! Been having trouble finding movies I enjoy lately, been thinking I might just start splurging on some anime, Gundam being near the top of my list. xP Yeah, but I think I liked that about the Leo design, felt very realistic, very militaristic too. And yeah, is a bit of a shame they got destroyed too much. XD But that was the 90's, what could you do? xp  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:26 pm
Lord Sithious
Phoenix347
Lord Sithious

That's interesting! I may have to start checking this out sometime! Been having trouble finding movies I enjoy lately, been thinking I might just start splurging on some anime, Gundam being near the top of my list. xP Yeah, but I think I liked that about the Leo design, felt very realistic, very militaristic too. And yeah, is a bit of a shame they got destroyed too much. XD But that was the 90's, what could you do? xp

If you haven't I would highly suggest 00. AGE has a... well for me, disappointing build up. Imagine if Kira's pacifistic ways were taken on by Hero. (about the best I can make atm).. I personally have to watch Zeta and then ZZ and then Victory...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:49 pm
Phoenix347
Lord Sithious
Phoenix347
Lord Sithious

If you haven't I would highly suggest 00. AGE has a... well for me, disappointing build up. Imagine if Kira's pacifistic ways were taken on by Hero. (about the best I can make atm).. I personally have to watch Zeta and then ZZ and then Victory...

Ooo... Hero as a pacifist? That would have dealt a bit of a blow to Wing had that happened. I may still watch AGE at some point, but I gotta finish Wing first before I move onto any others. XD At least it's not breaking up any continuity by doing this though!  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:51 pm
Lord Sithious

Ooo... Hero as a pacifist? That would have dealt a bit of a blow to Wing had that happened. I may still watch AGE at some point, but I gotta finish Wing first before I move onto any others. XD At least it's not breaking up any continuity by doing this though!

Yes to all razz  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:58 pm
Phoenix347
Lord Sithious

Yes to all razz

Indeedy! rofl  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:29 am
Lord Sithious

Before I forget!!!
WATCH GUNDAM UNICORN. It's only a 7 episode OVA, but honestly there are very few haters against it ((that's how I measure gundam now... sad...)) and I think its animation, designs and story are pretty top noch! Although it's based on the events of MSG-zz...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:36 am
Phoenix347
Lord Sithious

Before I forget!!!
WATCH GUNDAM UNICORN. It's only a 7 episode OVA, but honestly there are very few haters against it ((that's how I measure gundam now... sad...)) and I think its animation, designs and story are pretty top noch! Although it's based on the events of MSG-zz...

Ah, I've heard of that! Haven't watched any of it, but I'll definitely try to give it a watch when I have a chance! Thanks for mentioning it! biggrin  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:03 pm
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.............. I LOVE BETHESDA SO MUCH RIGHT NOW. PLEASE SOMEONE DONATE ME THE FEMALE REPRODUCTIVE ORGANS REQUIRED TO BARE THE CHILDREN OF TODD HOWARD AND PETE HINES. eek

Seriously, I hope all of you saw the E3 conference for Bethesda, it was AWESOME!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:07 pm
Lord Sithious
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.............. I LOVE BETHESDA SO MUCH RIGHT NOW. PLEASE SOMEONE DONATE ME THE FEMALE REPRODUCTIVE ORGANS REQUIRED TO BARE THE CHILDREN OF TODD HOWARD AND PETE HINES. eek

Seriously, I hope all of you saw the E3 conference for Bethesda, it was AWESOME!!!!!!!

I actually missed out on the one I intended to watch ((fallout 4)) and tuned in on the Dishonored 2 ((DAMN. Emily?! Epic!!!)) Didn't stay long though, internet was horrid -_-  

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:24 pm
Phoenix347
Lord Sithious

I actually missed out on the one I intended to watch ((fallout 4)) and tuned in on the Dishonored 2 ((DAMN. Emily?! Epic!!!)) Didn't stay long though, internet was horrid -_-

Did you watch on IGN, or youtube? IGN sucked, but Bethesda also hosted it on their youtube channel too, which worked WONDERFULLY! Anyways, I'm SUPER STOKED to play as Emily in Dishonored! I don't usually like playing female protagonists (for the obvious reason of not being female), but she is DEFINITELY someone who's changing my mind! Corvo will be in it too which is awesome!

I can't even BEGIN to list what all will be in Fallout 4, but let me try to

1. Customizable weapons and armor. No, not just "mods" like in New Vegas, but hundreds of different parts which can completely change the function and look of your weapons and armor! I believe they're using "layered armor" as well, so expect armor customization to be something similar to Morrowind!

2. Gun turrets in Vertibirds!!!!!!! All that's needed is Flight of the Valkyries and some CCR!

3. Buildable settlements! No, not like Hearthfire, actually CUSTOMIZABLE! You can put down turrets and other electronics too! Build your own house, attract business and survivors, it's looking crazy!

4. Not the last thing, but one of the last things I remember. If what I saw in the gameplay footage was real, I kid you not, we're getting JET PACKS!  
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff