Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
× ✖ × Ollivander's :: Open :: Hiring Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:50 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                            Summer 2039
                                            space(π) Eđgαя Fαяqυαяšøи
                                            spxxxxxxxxxce Scottish MugglebornUnsorted First YearInvestigator-to-Be

xxxI'м α яεcкlεѕѕ мιѕтαкε, I'м α cσld иιgнт'ѕ ιитαкε
                                            xxxI'м α σиε иιgнт тσσ lσиg, I'ммα cσмε σи тσσ ѕтяσиg
                                            xxxAll мч lιƒε I'νε вεεи lινιиg ιи тнε ƒαѕт lαиε
                                            xxxCαи'т ѕlσω dσωи, I'м α яσllιи' ƒяειgнт тяαιи
                                            xxxOиε мσяε тιмε gσттα ѕтαят αll σνεя! Cαи'т ѕlσω dσωи, I'м α lσиε яεd яσνεя

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Edgar was just relieved and happy that his dad Campbell was willing to take some time to walk with him in the Diagon Alley to shop for things, since he pretty much busy with his job in the Ministry. Though, he was just more relieved that his stepmother Anika was too busy with her job to even bother coming with them, because Edgar secretly didn't like her. Anika was pretty much distant with him and Oscar but when she does, she would be coddling over Oscar as if she was trying to raise an ideal kid, or go nitpicking about Eddie's what-he-could-have-done's. The only reason why Eddie's being tolerant to her because he knew that it would be moot, knowing that his opinion was most likely going to get shot down anyway. That, and he figured that she wasn't the type to listen with "opinionated people" and dad wasn't exactly that opinionated, no wonder why they get along.

"What's the matter?" Campbell asked as they walked into the wand shop, pretty much oblivious to like... everything Edgar was thinking right now. The man was pretty much busy with his job, sure, but he was observant enough to know his eldest son. However, Campbell failed to know what Edgar was truly feeling about his new wife, either.

"Nah, is ann dìreach gu bheil an aimsir ro theth."(Nah, it's just that the weather is too hot.) Edgar lied, not wanting to ruin the whole outing as he put a faint smile on his face, trying to say it in a joking manner. He was relieved that Campbell decided to let it go, but then again his father was not one to nitpick about Eddie's doings- he was pretty much lenient if you ask Eddie. But if his Aunt Klyn's description of him being a very good and nice kid was anything to go by, maybe that was why dad didn't feel the need to constantly give Eddie a discipline ride.

They entered the room and the Edgar forgot all the thinking he had on his head, all replaced by awe and wonder. Edgar always wondered about the uniqueness of each wand like what he read in Uncle Robin's mini-study, but magic cannot to be explained- Robin would always say. That did really stop the Scottish boy to be inquisitive about though, but perhaps it explains why and how there was a difference between science and magic. Eventually, a lady with curly dark hair with a spot of pink hair on the fringe approached them. The lady looked calm and collected, but it was pretty much clear that she was nice person. "Hello, here for your first wand, hey?" The lady spoke up, though it was as if she was specifically talking to Eddie, who responded with a shy smile.

"Hello and yes, more so to my son Eddie," The man smiled, while Eddie was relieved that he didn't say 'Edgar', "And you, miss?"

"Vasilisa," the lady replied as she tucked back her hair, "But Vasya is fine, for simplicity's sake. Now Eddie, let me ask you a few questions, if you don't mind."

xxxI'ммα нσld мч cαяdѕ clσѕε, I'ммα ωяεcк ωнαт I lσνε мσѕт
                                            xxxI'м α ƒιяѕт-clαѕѕ lεт-dσωи, I'м α "ѕнυт υρ, ѕιт dσωи"
                                            xxxI αм α нεαd cαѕε; I αм тнε cσlσя σƒ вσσм-
                                            xxxTнαт'ѕ иενεя αяяινιиg αиd чσυ αяε тнε ραч яαιѕε-
                                            xxxAlωαчѕ α тσυcн συт σƒ νιεω αиd I αм тнε cσlσя σƒ вσσм

wιтн [Vasilisa, his dad] ᴀᴛ [front desk]
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                            SIGNATURE SONG 】-【 ATTIRE 】-【 PERSONAL FILES

OOC xxx
                                            ((ooc))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:42 am

And even though the moment passed me by
                                                  I still can't turn away
                                                  Cuz all the dreams you never thought you'd lose
                                                  Got tossed along the way
                                                  And letters that you never meant to send
                                                  Got lost or thrown away

════════════════════════

a**ɪsᴛᴀɴᴛ, Oʟʟɪᴠᴀɴᴅᴇʀ's || Wᴀɴᴅᴍᴀᴋᴇʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ

════════════════════════

Seth had been manning the front when he saw some kids enter the shop. Of course his first thoughts were on the fact that the summer rush had begun, and his second thought was that he was glad that his own son wasn't old enough to get his wand yet. As it was, he had ideas in his mind for making a wand for his son. Shoving that to the back of his mind for now, he noticed that Vasilisa had already started working with one, which left him with the second child that had entered. He gave the kid a smile and listened to the kid state he wanted to get his wand today. "Well, I don't think you'd be here if you weren't coming in for your wand, unless you accidentally broke your previous one and were getting a replacement."

He gave the kid a mock severe look before smiling again. "I'm kidding, I would have recognized you if you had already been here before. Welcome to Ollivander's. I'm Seth. Let me go ahead and take your measurements and I'll see about finding a wand for you to try." He took out the tape measure and set it to work before turning to look at the boxes. Maybe a hawthorn wand, but he wasn't sure yet about the core. Frowning, he took down one box and examined the contents before turning to address the kid, snapping his fingers to get the tape to stop measuring. "Okay, how about you go ahead and try this wand. Eleven inches, hawthorne and dragon heartstring. Just go ahead and give it a wave."

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: Well, let's see how this goes...
                                                  OOC:

-❤-

We grew up way too fast
                                                  And now there's nothing to believe
                                                  And reruns all become our history
                                                  A tired song keeps playing on a tired radio
                                                  And I won't tell no one your name
                                                  And I won't tell 'em your name

Kungfudemoness

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:32 pm
User Image

________________________

Felix was initally confused and worried when he thought he was being blamed for breaking a wand. If he even had he wouldn't have had a way to know. But Seth smirked indicating a joke. It had him going so Felix kinda had to smirk at that one. He held out his arms when instructed and watched with wonder as the take messure worked all by itself dispite it not being held. It stoped and dropped to the floor when Seth returned and snapped his fingers. Not much time to dwell on fallen messure tapes, he had a wand to try. Hawthorne he knew was a tree of some sort but dragon heartstring? Did the have dragons! He took the wand and wanted to look it over but in waving it, it set off a bang like a firecracker and small amount of foul smoke. "I dont think this is the right one.... Felix said still suprised by the bang. He passed it carefull back to Seth

________________________

ooc: 14” Hawthorn, Golden Snidget feathers (3 tries ok? I'm not picky?)

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:43 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxBack Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxAleah
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCurious
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ѕιnce we мeт ι ғeel a lιgнтneѕѕ ιn мy ѕтep yoυ're мιleѕ away вυт ι ѕтιll ғeel yoυxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          anywнere ι go тнere yoυ are, anywнere ι go тнere yoυ are xxxxxxxxx
                                                          laтe aт nιgнт wнen yoυ can'т ғall aѕleep ι'll вe lyιng rιgнт вeѕιde yoυ coυnтιng ѕнeepxxxxxx
                                                          anywнere ι go тнere yoυ are, anywнere ι go тнere yoυ arexxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDamien looked up at the sound of a girl's voice, brows knitting together in confusion. It wasn't Marina's, or Brownie's, or his stepmother's, or any other female voice he was accustomed to hearing while at work. When he met the eyes of the girl in question, a young blonde, he was even more confused. He knew he recognized her, but at the moment, he was blanking entirely on who exactly she was. He met pretty much everyone in the magical community these days, due to owning the wand shop and all, and she was certainly young enough that he or Seth had been the one to sell the girl her wand. But, he was pretty sure he'd seen her since then, as well. Especially since she obviously knew him, considering she'd come straight to the back behind the counter, and used his first name.

spaceHe put down the wand he was working on, and turned in his chair, gesturing for her to come in while he tried to put the pieces together. After a bit too long, he figured it out; Sebastian's girlfriend. He hadn't seen her in more than passing over the years, but the boy had photos of her practically everywhere at the Blythe household. Damien was fairly certain they'd both been at various holidays and birthdays, but he had never really spoken overmuch to her, if at all. He remembered Bas introducing them at some point, but that was about it. But, she seemed to know him quite well, which Damien figured meant that the blonde boy had talked about him. Which was fine, but it didn't exactly explain why she was here.

spaceStill, he smiled, leaning back in his chair and indicating that the girl could sit if she wanted to.
                                                          "It's Aleah, right? What can I do for you?" He fond himself wondering if she'd somehow broken her wand. It was probably a miracle her boyfriend hadn't broken his own. A miracle Damien chalked up to him being slightly terrified of how annoyed his older sister would be when she found out, and the lectures he'd get from all sides. From what he recalled of the girl, she wasn't much different. But, she seemed to be rather perky for someone with a broken wand, so that likely wasn't it. Unless she was just that odd, which wasn't entirely out of the question.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxι вeen geттιng υѕed тo waĸιng υp wιтн yoυ, ι вeen geттιng υѕed тo waĸιng υp нere
                                                          xxxxxxanywнere ι go тнere yoυ are, anywнere ι go тнere yoυ are
                                                          xxxxxxxxxyoυ're тнe ғιre and тнe ғlood and ι'll alwayѕ ғeel yoυ ιn мy вlood
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxeveryтнιng ιѕ ғιne wнen yoυr нead'ѕ reѕтιng neхт тo мιne, neхт тo мιne

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          Scene takes place at a separate time from students getting their wands

Devlyn Maycry

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I've been reading books of old
                                                                    The
                                                                    legends and the myths
                                                                    Achilles and his gold
                                                                    Hercules and his gifts

Aleah grinned when he welcomed her into the back room and was even more impressed he actually knew who she was. "Yup Aleah is right!" Despite Bas always telling her about Damien, that didn't mean the same was true for Damien of knowing of her. Sure they'd been to a couple of parties at the same time and such, but that wasn't saying much. Bas had a pretty big family.

She was a little nervous to actually state her reasons for coming.
                                                                    What if he said no? What if he didn't have room for an apprentice?
                                                                    She didn't want to learn from just any old wand maker! She wanted to learn from him. He had put the passion for wands into her the minute he found her wand for her during her very first year, and she wasn't about to settle for anyone less than him now. It was important to her. "Oh um well... I was hoping I could talk to you about maybe starting an apprenticeship here under your guidance. Back in first year when I got my wand from you I fell in love with the craft and the minute I could I started studying about it at school. I even got an O in my Wandlore NEWT! And I know there are wandmakers everywhere and all that, but I want to learn from you. You were the one who made me love wands, and that's important to me."

She paused, realizing she had kind of gone on a ramble or rant. She blushed and ran a hand through her hair awkwardly. She took a deep breath and shrugged again. "Sorry that was a lot of information all at once. But um yeah... if you have space I would love it."

But she said, "Where d'you wanna go?
                                                                    How much you wanna risk?
                                                                    I'm not looking for somebody
                                                                    with some
                                                                    superhuman gifts.
                                                                    Oh I want
                                                                    something just like this.

░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
ooc: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:18 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxBack Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxAleah
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCurious
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ѕιnce we мeт ι ғeel a lιgнтneѕѕ ιn мy ѕтep yoυ're мιleѕ away вυт ι ѕтιll ғeel yoυxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          anywнere ι go тнere yoυ are, anywнere ι go тнere yoυ are xxxxxxxxx
                                                          laтe aт nιgнт wнen yoυ can'т ғall aѕleep ι'll вe lyιng rιgнт вeѕιde yoυ coυnтιng ѕнeepxxxxxx
                                                          anywнere ι go тнere yoυ are, anywнere ι go тнere yoυ arexxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceNow that he thought about it, Damien remembered Aleah coming in for her wand a little more clearly than he did most. At the time, she'd been in a wheelchair, and it was because of her that he'd made some changes to the shop so it was more accessible in the future. He hadn't really made the connection when the two teenagers first started seeing one another, since she was on her feet by that point, but eventually it'd clicked. She'd made quite an impression, after all.

spaceThe fact that he'd apparently made one on her as well caught him off-guard, and brought a faint blush to his cheeks, and a faint swelling of pride to his chest. He'd never really considered that he might be having some kind of impact on people's lives, other than selling them their wands. Perhaps more of one on the muggleborn kids, since he also frequently gave them a brief lesson on wands when they came in (or, used to- they had pamphlets for that now). But having someone come in and say that they wanted to become a wandmaker just because of him was an entirely different story. The fact that she was so nervous spoke volumes about how important this was to her, which awed him somewhat. He didn't really ever think that someone would look up to him, except his children. Maybe not even them; he had to compete with Mum the Auror, after all. Which was fine with him, but it did leave him somewhat floored now.

spaceHis lips twitched faintly as he tried to keep from smiling like some kind of idiot. He was in his thirties, dammit, he didn't need to act like a child just because someone had complimented him. Even if it was one of the best compliments he'd ever received.
                                                          "As luck would have it," he informed her, "I think I've got plenty of room to take you on. We've got enough help around here that I think I can manage to find the time. Especially once school's started and things slow down." Most of the school year was spent producing wands, which in his mind was the perfect time to start training. He figured that Seth and Basil could more than make up for his own work taking a dip in productivity while he taught Aleah.

spaceThe idea of being a teacher was nerve-wracking, but it wasn't as though he hadn't intended to do so eventually. He just... hadn't expected to feel like it was such a big deal. And, perhaps it wouldn't have been, if Aleah had come to him out of convenience alone. But she hadn't, she'd come to him because she wanted him to be her teacher, which was an honor and also put a fair amount of pressure on him. Hopefully he wouldn't completely bugger it up. He chewed the inside of his cheek for a second, then went to rummage around in some drawers. There was paperwork somewhere he'd drawn up for this sort of situation, but it'd been so long that he'd almost forgotten about it. It took a moment to find it.

space"Here you are," he said, hoping his cheer would mask the anxiety building in his chest. "Some paperwork to fill out. Now, before you start on that, I figure I should give you a rundown of what this is going to be like. Honestly, until the end of the busy season, I won't have much time for training you on wandlore or anything like that. It'll mostly be busy work, helping keep the shop clean, running the register, that sort of thing." Damien remembered those days all too well. And it'd been quite annoying, really, since he'd been a pureblooded boy from a rich old family and not used to, well, working. But, he hadn't minded so much, considering it was just the first step towards what he had now. "Once Summer's over, we can get more into the actual training part. It'll be a long while before you're actually getting your hands on any work, of course. You'll have to study a lot first. But, I figure that we'll progress at whatever rate seems to work out for you. If you breeze through something, I'm not going to keep you on it for some arbitrary length of time for the sake of a timeline. I can't tell you how long it'll be before you're ready to make wands, or until the apprenticeship period will be over. That'll be up to you."

spaceHe sat back down, leaning forward this time, resting his elbows on his knees, hands clasped together with his face resting against them, looking contemplative. "I've never actually had a pupil before, so this will be something of a trial by fire for both of us. If you're still certain you want to go through with it, you can fill out the paperwork, I'll get it filed, and we can start you out helping organize stock later this week." Frankly, he doubted she wouldn't take the apprenticeship, given how enthusiastic she'd been. But, there was always the chance that his own inexperience would put her off. He wouldn't blame her for changing her mind in that case, since he'd be the first to admit (and in fact just had) that he had no clue what he was doing.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxι вeen geттιng υѕed тo waĸιng υp wιтн yoυ, ι вeen geттιng υѕed тo waĸιng υp нere
                                                          xxxxxxanywнere ι go тнere yoυ are, anywнere ι go тнere yoυ are
                                                          xxxxxxxxxyoυ're тнe ғιre and тнe ғlood and ι'll alwayѕ ғeel yoυ ιn мy вlood
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxeveryтнιng ιѕ ғιne wнen yoυr нead'ѕ reѕтιng neхт тo мιne, neхт тo мιne

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          Scene takes place at a separate time from students getting their wands

Devlyn Maycry

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:44 am
                                            Summer 2039

space(✽) ƲαѕιƖιѕα Mαякσν
                                            spxxxxxsxxxxxxce PurebloodRavenclaw AlumnaWerewolf, Blood Oath Pack
                                            spxxxxxxxxxsxxce Potion MistressWandmakerOllivanders Shop Assistant

speSнє ѕαι∂ αт ηιgнт ιη му ∂яєαмѕ, "Ƴσυ ∂αηcє ση α тιgнтяσρє σƒ ωєιя∂"
                                            speOн, вυт ωнєη I ωαкє υρ, уσυ'яє ѕσ ησямαℓ тнαт уσυ נυѕт ∂ιѕαρρєαя
                                            speƳσυ'яє ѕσ ѕтяαιgнт ℓιкє cσммυтєяѕ ωιтн вяιєƒcαѕєѕ тσωιηg тнє ℓιηє
                                            speƬнєяє'ѕ ησ яєѕι∂υє σƒ α тσятυяєя ιηѕι∂є σƒ уσυя єуєѕ!
                                            speSнє ѕαι∂, "Ƴσυ'яє נυѕт ℓιкє Mιкє Lσνє вυт уσυ ωαηηα вє Ɓяιαη Ɯιℓѕση-

"Now Eddie, let me ask you a few questions, if you don't mind." Vasya casually asked, as she waved her wand to summon a tape measure and a self-writing quill-and-note. She wasn't always one to judge people by their cover, but from what she could observe it was as if the boy was... hrm, timid? Quiet? "So," Vasya finally said, prompting Eddie to look up at her with obvious anticipation, "Right or left-handed?"

"Uh, right."
                                            Eddie answered sheepishly and slightly raised his dominant hand, Vasilisa casually nodded and took some measures with a wave of her wand. Vasilisa could see Willow or Sycamore for him, though she wasn't sure if the kid was the to go outside a lot. He looked like the type who would prefer being cooped up in his bedroom playing those muggle videogames, ultimately reminding her of her niece Vilhelmina- or Hemi, she would prefer. Alright, maybe she could try something a typical quiet kid would have. "Let's try a 12 inched Pine wand- Griffin hair core. Brace yourself, though: First tries tend to be... sensitive." She nodded as she handed it out to the boy.

Eddie looked like he already got the memo, from the look of his unfazed face when he got the wand. Immediately, he gave it a quick and small wave- a puff of smoke with few sparks flew out of Eddie's wand that it made him flinch a bit. Not too violent, but it looked like a mismatch- though Vasya was sure that she was almost here. "I'm going to take a guess that perhaps you're not as much of a loner as I thought?" She commented with a chuckle as she took the wand from Edgar, placing it carefully on a cardboard box.

"I dunno what you've heard, but I'm pretty much of a social guy," Edgar laughed sheepishly and shrugged, "People tend to be so shocked that I'm into outdoors, but well... social doesn't equal talkative. "

Vasilisa smirked humorously, and got another box before opening it. "Point taken. This might be a bit tricky but how about this one? Ten inches, Acacia wood with a Griffin feather." Then again, Acacia was-for her- kind of tricky. The boy took the wand and looked at it for a while before giving it a wave; the outcome was a glow of blue from the tip and some sort of a... flower scent? Vasya wasn't sure, but that was really telling something from a boy. Eddie, however, apparently figured it out from the look of his flustered face when he muttered something in Gaelic- except it was not Irish, sadly. Vasya would like to hear what he found out but, she couldn't ask that.

"Well... that is awkward. But that's a good thing, right?" The Scotsboy looked at the Russian for a while, then at his father with excitement - who smiled in humor and ruffled the boy's brown hair. "Definitely so, must be something more to you than it meets the eye, hey?" She nodded then proceeded to talk to the boy's father about the wand prices, though with a quick glance Vasya noticed the boy's very confused look. But well... Vasya got that look every time she proceeded to make from interesting fact that the wand could possibly have connected to the customer, she did like playing guessing games, after all.

Now, who's next?

speShe said, "You're just like Mike Love but you'll never be Brian Wilson!"
                                            speAnd I said: Hey, hey! If crazy equals genius-
                                            speHey, hey! If crazy equals genius, then I'm a ******** arsonist!
                                            speI'm a rocket scientist! Hey, hey, if crazy equals genius-
                                            speYou can set yourself on fire, but you're never gonna burn, burn, burn
                                            speYou can set yourself on fire, but you're never gonna learn, learn, learn!

WITH [Edgar] AT [Front counter]
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                            SIGNATURE SONG 】-【 ATTIRE 】-【 PERSONAL FILES

OOCcor
                                            ((ooc info here))

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I've been reading books of old
                                                                    The
                                                                    legends and the myths
                                                                    Achilles and his gold
                                                                    Hercules and his gifts

Aleah couldn't help but burst into a grin when Damien said he had room for her. That was the best news she'd heard since finding out Bas liked her too and was actually just an idiot. Thinking it like that just made her relationship with him seem super weird, but she didn't mind. She watched him as he went and grabbed some paperwork and as soon asit was handed to her she began filling it out. He mentioned something briefly about him being new at this but it wasn't any sort of dissuasion.

"I'm new at this too." Se joked with a grin. "Trust me, no matter how new you are the only teacher I want." She realized that made her sound a little weird too, but she didn't care. She was a weird kid and she had long ago accepted that.

But she said, "Where d'you wanna go?
                                                                    How much you wanna risk?
                                                                    I'm not looking for somebody
                                                                    with some
                                                                    superhuman gifts.
                                                                    Oh I want
                                                                    something just like this.

░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
ooc: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:12 am

I still can't turn away
                                                  Got tossed along the way
                                                  Got lost or thrown away

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Seth didn't even blink as the wand backfired, instead turning toward the boxes again to start thinking about various other options. So maybe dragon heartstring was a bit too powerful, and Seth plucked out a box and turned back toward the boy. "Nope, that was not a good fit. However, I think we can figure out another for you to try." He took the wand from the counter and put it back in its box before taking out the new one. Hopefully it had a better temperament for the kid. "That one had too much oomph, so maybe one with unicorn hair is a better fit. Twelve and a third inches, but still a hawthorn. Go ahead and give that one a wave." He handed it over and took a step back, already casting an eye over the boxes as he considered other options.

════════════════════════
                                                  OOC:

-❤-

We grew up way too fast

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:05 am
User Image

________________________

Felix was hoping the next wand was better. It seemed like they must be on to something when this wand was also hawthorn. The extra ingredient on this one was unicorn hair. Wasn't unicorns a girly thing? Well it my be differant when it a real unicorn. He took the wand a bit more timidly than before. He looked it over before waving it like Seth had asked. While there was no stinky smoke or loud bang, it was not a good reaction. The small potted plant for decoration that was sitting on the counter caught fire when he waved this one. How was this less oomph! Before he was just making loud noises and bad smells, like his brother, so why did he light the poor defenseless plant on fire! How could he put it out?! He had no water! How did he even do that!? As Seth managed the plant fire he carefully set the wand on the counter. "I'm sorry, I can try and pay back for the plant when I can." He said trying not to sound sad over the plant. It shouldnt be too pricey and he could use his allowance. He felt silly thinking things where cute or mourning for the plant he burned. So he would try and be tough, isn't that what boys where suppose to do? Be tough?

________________________

ooc: 14” Hawthorn, Golden Snidget feathers (3 tries ok? I'm not picky?)

Diamond Wales

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:25 pm

I still can't turn away
                                                  Got tossed along the way
                                                  Got lost or thrown away

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Seth simply rose an eyebrow when the plant went up in flames, and looked toward the kid while pulling his own wand out. He waved it casually, causing a stream of water to fall onto the plant as he picked up the wand the kid had used. "It's fine. Pretty sure that Damien was thinking about getting rid of it." He actually wasn't sure about it, but he could hazard a guess that anything in the front of the shop was pretty much there on a temporary basis. He went back to looking at the boxes and started considering them again. "Well, apparently not unicorn hair then. Hrm...." He put away the wand before frowning at the wands he was considering. He was pretty sure that unicorn wands weren't supposed to set fires like that, but that was just him. They were more for charmwork, and while there were fire charms, he'd never heard of one being tested that set fire to something. He pulled a new wand down eventually, considering the wand before he handed it to the boy. "How about this one then. It's really big, which is why I initially didn't consider it. Fourteen inches, hawthorn and golden snidget feathers. Go ahead."

════════════════════════
                                                  OOC: Kung, I would appreciate it if you didn't say what my character was doing. That is a form of godmodding as I didn't give you permission to do so. Please don't do that in the future.

-❤-

We grew up way too fast

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:18 pm
User Image

________________________

Felix was relived to hear he wasnt needing to pay for the plant. He watched as Seth eyed more wand boxes. He pulled one down and took it from the box before passing it to him. He did agree it was longer than the rest. He was still a bit gun shy with the last two wands but he needed to wave it to see if it liked him. He carefully waved it and preped for another bad reaction. But this time it glowed a bit at the end and made a scent that reminded him of the perfume his mom wore sometimes that he thought smelled nice. Plesently suprised feix looke up at Seth that was good right? It didnt blow up or burn anything" he asked hopeful. Sure it was long but he would grow up and it be just right. He hoped it wasnt too pricey. He had just a pet to buy so if it was pricey he skip the pet for now.

________________________

ooc: Sorry! That was by no means my intention. My apologies T crying T. Sorry if the fire seemed off gryffie sugested it as i was at a loss what reaction it should have. I blame Felix.

Diamond Wales

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:08 pm
Enid Lambert née Brewster
Half-Blood Unsorted First Year Adopted

Location : Ollivander's Wand Shop

Enid had been taking care of Francis the family dog while Colten was away at school. When summer came around she was super happy to see her brother. It was the first summer ever that she had a brother. It was nice to have someone to talk too. Although he still talked about birds more then ever, it was good to have him home. After hearing about Beauxbatons she was rather excited to be heading to Hogwarts come September. She’d been waiting only a half a year for it to come around.

Today was the day she got to do her school shopping. Enid was content following her mum around the alley. Colten and her father (it still felt weird to call Sam that) had come with. However, it seemed Cole had gotten ahead of himself and ended up being lost in the crowd somewhere. Sam went to find him while they headed for Ollivanders. She had always been curious about wands and was interested in getting hers.

Enid entered Ollivanders quietly. She didn’t want to interrupt the goings on. Looking around the shop curiously she was content being on the sidelines. Of course, she knew it would be her time to get her wand soon enough. “You excited?” She heard her mother ask. “I’ll go with interested.” Enid replied simply as she continued to observe. Somehow her mother wasn’t surprised. 

With : Shop workers & other soon to be first years... my mum...

Wearing : Summer Cats

OOC : Wand - 12 ¾ inches, Pine Wood, Augurey Feather Core, Slightly Yielding Flexibility // Attempts - One works for me

Miss GryffindorK
                                                Diamond Wales
                                                Julian Galaksylph
                                                Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:52 am

xx❧ Ɯнєяє Aм I? Ollivanders
xxx❧ Ɯнσ ιѕ Ɯιтн Mє? Luke & Steffi, random other people
xxxx❧ Ɯнαт'ѕ Ɠσιηg Oη? Getting my Wand
xxxxx❧ Ɯнαт'ѕ ιη Mу Hєαɗ? Please let me get something cool

Joellen had to admit she was excited to get her letter for Hogwarts. Ever since her first display of accidental magic, she'd had a few others, including once where she'd accidentally caused all the lights to blow in the flat in an emotional episode. Being a magical kid was weird, she had firmly decided. Luckily, her parents were well equipped to handle kids, be they magical or not. In the summer after her letter came, the little family convinced Jer and Kenny to take over Wool's for the day so they could go shopping. After being asked where she wanted to go first, the girl asked for her wand. It wouldn't feel official without it, after all!

Upon entry of the wand shop, Jo saw another girl her age, probably also there to get her school wand. The brunette gave a tiny wave to the other girl, then stood in line. After a glance back at her parents, Jo decided to speak up. The other girl seemed nice and she would need friends at school... "H-hi there, are you going to Hogwarts too?" She bit her lip nervously, already a bit worried that the girl would ignore or spurn her. Neither would be particularly fun, after all.... but maybe she'd be really nice? And maybe she'd be a good friend for years to come. It would be very nice, after all.

{OoC: Springy Hazel and Merpeople Scales, 9.0 inches - let's do 3 tries, since the scales are uncommon}
murruelecreuset

Devlyn Maycry

Dᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ʙᴇᴀʀs, ᴘᴀɪɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴡɪɴɢs, ᴛʜɪɴɢs I ᴀʟᴍᴏsᴛ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Aɴᴅ ᴀ sᴏɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ sɪɴɢs, ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴜᴘᴏɴ ᴀ Dᴇᴄᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ʜᴏʟᴅs ᴍᴇ sᴀꜰᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀʀᴍ; ʜᴏʀsᴇs ᴘʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ sɪʟᴠᴇʀ sᴛᴏʀᴍ
Fɪɢᴜʀᴇs ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ɢʀᴀᴄᴇꜰᴜʟʟʏ ᴀᴄʀᴏss ᴍʏ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀʏ
Fᴀʀ ᴀᴡᴀʏ, ʟᴏɴɢ ᴀɢᴏ, ɢʟᴏᴡɪɴɢ ᴅɪᴍ ᴀs ᴀɴ ᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Tʜɪɴɢs ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴜᴘᴏɴ ᴀ Dᴇᴄᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Fᴀʀ ᴀᴡᴀʏ, ʟᴏɴɢ ᴀɢᴏ, ɢʟᴏᴡɪɴɢ ᴅɪᴍ ᴀs ᴀɴ ᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Tʜɪɴɢs ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ; ᴛʜɪɴɢs ɪᴛ ʏᴇᴀʀɴs ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Aɴᴅ ᴀ sᴏɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ sɪɴɢs Oɴᴄᴇ ᴜᴘᴏɴ ᴀ Dᴇᴄᴇᴍʙᴇʀ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:22 pm

We're like ๔เค๓๏ภ๔ร in the sky, that's what we're t๏l๔.
                                                              No mountain made of MӨПΣY Can ßµ¥ you a §ðµl, baby.

Steffi entered the shop with her daughter ahead of her.
                                                              Luke had Loke's hand and she had Isolde propped on one hip. She could even now still remember her first trip into Ollivanders; when she got her wand. She had loved it and found it to be absolutely magical. It was saddening now to think back on it though. Her siblings who had been with her were all gone now. Cain had died... murdered by their uncle. Aubrey had gone missing and was presumed dead as well, though they never did get proof of that one.
                                                              The only reason they had proof of Cain was because he stayed on as a ghost and eventually found his way home.

But now her eldest daughter was going off to Hogwarts and it was a happy time, not a sad one. So she smiled and encouraged her daughter forward to be friendly. Jo would soon be all alone at school and would have to socialize by herself. Steffi wanted to be sure she was ready for that. She grinned when she recognized the girl Jo was talking too and gave a small wave.
                                                              "Hello Enid."

Say they wåñ† to кภ๏ฬ who did เt
                                                              But the
                                                              åñ§wêr'§ really µ§.

Miss GryffindorK

murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items