Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
"The Inquisitors." (OOC Thread) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested? And what name is better?
  Yes, "The Inquisitors"
  Yes, "The Invaders"
  No, "The Inquisitors"
  No, "The Invaders"
View Results

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:12 pm
Lord Sithious
So, general question/comment to everyone not exactly related to the roleplay... But if any of you know me fairly well, you may know I'm not exactly a huge fan of... the current systems which govern our fair societies, nor am I a big fan of most of the systems other people are suggesting (in particular, people that like to dress up in black and draw circles around 'A's). Anyways, there's a thing BBC (that's the British public news corporation) is doing called "Freedom 2014". Well, if you know me well enough, you may even know I've had a great deal of freedom kept from me as a child, and even in some ways now. I'll be frank with all of you, there may be a more personal reason that in many of my stories (this roleplay as well as others) the main "good guy's" come from a nation with a non-democratic system.

I've felt a lot of bite from the democratic system, and in a way, I'd kinda like to give it a little n** back. Maybe I'm just feeling a little upitty right now, but I kinda like to consider posting a video or picture to this "Freedom 2014" thing and give my thoughts on what real freedom is. If any of you have any thoughts, I'd love to hear them. I realize we may not all be on the same side politically (or even the same page for that matter), but I suppose I'd like to hear your thoughts, even if they are opposed to my own. And if you have thoughts more in line with my own? Well, that would be more welcomed than I can possibly express to you.

I dunno. Freedom is one of those tricky abstract concepts. I mean, everyone here in the U.S. loves to talk about all the freedom we are ensured, but freedom is GIVEN to us by something, like a constitution, or a governing body. Don't get me wrong, it's by no means a cage or anything, even I think I'm thinking too hard on this.

I don't know, I could be regarded as a very simple and narrow-minded individual, but I don't think about stuff like this. It's there, it does something, it has a name, but do we really need to poke it? Understand it? Define it? Will it change if we do? Aren't there better things to do?

Gahh.... Why must you hurt me this way Sithious? Why......

In other things, hopefully everyone gets posting over the weekend.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:24 pm
Where did everybody GOOOoooooo......  

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

hunter-the wanderer

Enduring Defender

10,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:10 pm
so i live on the Oregon coast were getting hit by wind storms so we are getting called out for trees in the road, power lines down, slides, and my favorite (tons of sarcasm there) flooding, so i wont be able to post till Monday as my mind is focused on other things like the 90 mph winds out side. xp

and when it comes to the freedom thing im kinda on the same spot as hatter then again freedom for me is religious freedoms mostly not being judged and such , you see alot of people giving you strange looks when you tell them your wiccan, but being able to feel freedom in a sense to me anyways is being able to drive 30 miles from anyone out in the woods and just getting lost in my mind with out getting disturbed and to relax my job working for the volunteer fire department is very high stress both mental and physical and yea  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:13 pm
hunter-the wanderer
so i live on the Oregon coast were getting hit by wind storms so we are getting called out for trees in the road, power lines down, slides, and my favorite (tons of sarcasm there) flooding, so i wont be able to post till Monday as my mind is focused on other things like the 90 mph winds out side. xp

and when it comes to the freedom thing im kinda on the same spot as hatter then again freedom for me is religious freedoms mostly not being judged and such , you see alot of people giving you strange looks when you tell them your wiccan, but being able to feel freedom in a sense to me anyways is being able to drive 30 miles from anyone out in the woods and just getting lost in my mind with out getting disturbed and to relax my job working for the volunteer fire department is very high stress both mental and physical and yea

Ah, the Oregon coast. I've got some family up in Washington who are freaking out because apparently it never snows so close to the coast or something, despite it being next to Canada. Here in Illinois it's just another winter, none of this 'Polar Vortex' madness or whatever.

Good luck with all that though, don't die.  

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

hunter-the wanderer

Enduring Defender

10,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:28 pm

Lord Sithious
wont be able to post till monday

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:31 pm
The_Sane_Hatter
I dunno. Freedom is one of those tricky abstract concepts. I mean, everyone here in the U.S. loves to talk about all the freedom we are ensured, but freedom is GIVEN to us by something, like a constitution, or a governing body. Don't get me wrong, it's by no means a cage or anything, even I think I'm thinking too hard on this.

I don't know, I could be regarded as a very simple and narrow-minded individual, but I don't think about stuff like this. It's there, it does something, it has a name, but do we really need to poke it? Understand it? Define it? Will it change if we do? Aren't there better things to do?

Gahh.... Why must you hurt me this way Sithious? Why......

In other things, hopefully everyone gets posting over the weekend.

You have an interesting look on things as usual hatter. 3nodding In the UK and most other countries, it's a similar situation. We make and pass laws that allow certain rights, but also can restrict certain things (certain "freedoms" can infringe on other freedoms after all. Like murder, one could call that a "freedom" in a sense, but obviously it's not one we like to permit). The nice thing about the UK is that the Queen can (as far as I know) disallow certain laws from going through, or at the very least diband parliament, which is a nice idea if the people somehow manage to vote in Nazis, or some Nazi like people manage to string the people along into thinking they're "good guys".

You bring up some excellent points on that too, but my general idea of freedom is being allowed to do certain things that don't hurt or infringe on other people's rights and safety, on your own, or on that of Earth's inhabitants (us, plants, and animals), and of course on the Earth itself.

I hurt people this way because I'm a cruel, merciless beast. xd

Yeah... I hope so too. crying  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:42 pm
hunter-the wanderer

Lord Sithious
wont be able to post till monday

eek Okay, you're forgiven. sweatdrop Yesterday was horrid. I didn't get home till about 1am because the roads were so nasty. And of course, things just got better when we saw a tree lying on a power line with small bits of fire on it! I know winter in BC is usually rough for us, but we saw a flash of blue light come from behind us at one point, and it sure wasn't a cop car, and it sure wasn't a regular car! So yeah, I can relate, so I can forgive here. I kinda hate to say this, but I'm hoping this is the major reason why everyone else isn't posting. Lost interest is harder to fix than internet connection issues. Plus, I can be patient, but losing an rper kinda makes that moot.

Well, I certainly understand your point as well. Religious freedom is very important for me as well, especially since my Christian faith isn't exactly main stream. If we had people enforcing Catholcism, Protenstanism, or even Evangelism, all those would end up conflicting with our own beliefs, and frankly that's not something any person of any religion wants. I understand the freedom of movement too, something I've taken advantage of more than a few times. On the note of freedoms, I'd like to say that even though I'm Christian and ergo see homosexuality as a sin, I kinda support gay marriage. It's not my marriage, so it shouldn't bother me. Also, it's not my sexuality, so I equally don't let homosexuality bother me. I just have my personal beliefs, and I leave it at that, personal. I don't think my own beliefs should be enforced on anyone else, though I don't mind the idea of making laws to keep people from doing certain things (ie. racism, rape, murder, etc.). Yeah, not sure what else to say, but I like your thinking too. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:42 pm
Lord Sithious

You have an interesting look on things as usual hatter. 3nodding In the UK and most other countries, it's a similar situation. We make and pass laws that allow certain rights, but also can restrict certain things (certain "freedoms" can infringe on other freedoms after all. Like murder, one could call that a "freedom" in a sense, but obviously it's not one we like to permit). The nice thing about the UK is that the Queen can (as far as I know) disallow certain laws from going through, or at the very least diband parliament, which is a nice idea if the people somehow manage to vote in Nazis, or some Nazi like people manage to string the people along into thinking they're "good guys".

You bring up some excellent points on that too, but my general idea of freedom is being allowed to do certain things that don't hurt or infringe on other people's rights and safety, on your own, or on that of Earth's inhabitants (us, plants, and animals), and of course on the Earth itself.

I hurt people this way because I'm a cruel, merciless beast. xd

Yeah... I hope so too. crying

Disband Parliament? That sounds useful. I wish the President could disband Congress temporarily, we might actually get something done in that case. That sounds like a good idea of freedom, also.

Now I just need more people to post so I can. If this RP dies, I will be very distraught, for at least thirty minutes.  

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:40 pm
The_Sane_Hatter
Disband Parliament? That sounds useful. I wish the President could disband Congress temporarily, we might actually get something done in that case. That sounds like a good idea of freedom, also.

Now I just need more people to post so I can. If this RP dies, I will be very distraught, for at least thirty minutes.

Well, I hope this doesn't offend you, but I'm a bit of a monarchist anyways. One reason is because so far, the Queen has been pretty decent. Yes, she's had some things against her in the past (mostly due to Princess Diana and her death I think), but all in all she seems to have a level head and knows what to do. I think being born into the position has allowed her to remain somewhat neutral politically, something that a President can't usually be (being that he is usually associated with one party or another). But yes, the ability to keep the parliament under reigns certainly has it's benefits. Although, personally I think a monarch might be more useful at the actual reigns of the nation, rather than parliament. Of course, unlike traditional views on monarchy, I'm more of the mind that the next in line for the title of monarch should be the person (or a person) that is the most competent, caring, and perhaps even politically neutral. Heriditary rule isn't bad as a tradition, but if someone in the heriditary line can't meet the requirements, it should be passed to someone else, perhaps even someone outside the bloodline. This is all just my opinion of course, but I think it has potential, if I may say so myself. I should also mention though that I agree, I wish Obama could disband congress at this point. xd I will bet good money people might vote differently for congress the second time around too, seeing as how congress has made themselves look not very nice lately.

Agreed. Well, hopefully things will pick up. MHC had the same problems, but believe it or not we're actually trying to keep it going. 3nodding You should try posting in it again sometime if you still have the interest, but I'll understand if you don't. I'll probably be pretty distraught if this dies though, possibly for a period of time closer to 30 months. crying  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:50 pm
ANNOUNCEMENT!

Okay, so seeing as it seems like Kami may not end up posting again (he's read my PM and be online recently and hasn't said a peep to me), I think it is reasonable to find a way to deal with this. Usually, the characters would either die or just disappear from a story, but I don't really want to do that, especially since Vashani is our only Lishundan. So I have a better idea.

I personally cannot take on any more characters myself, I've got enough as it is. Any more than what I have or have planned is too much. So, I am instead going to leave this in the hands of you fine folks. What I would like you to do is this; Anyone who is interested in roleplaying as Vashani, or Dante, or both, please write a "response" that either or both of the characters would have for the events going on, and PM them to me (no, the PM isn't a link, just wanted to get your attention). I will then read over your "responses" and from there decide who is best fit to play what characters. If I don't choose you, don't be offended. It doesn't mean you did badly, just that somebody else did the best, and I want the best fit for all the characters in this roleplay. I hope you all consider what I have said and PM me soon. If you have any questions, please let me know. Also, I may consider allowing you to change a few things about either or both of the characters, but you MUST run it by me first. Also, should Kami show up again and wish to roleplay as them again, I'll have to consider giving him his characters back. However, if he shows up and leaves again, I'll return the characters to the control of the person who I choose to play them from now on.

PLEASE try to get back to me about this as soon as possible. The sooner all characters are able to be played, the better. And for the record, I would prefer you not try killing either Vashani or Dante in the roleplay without first consulting me. I may allow it, but you will have to talk to me first. For now, I'd rather not kill them off though.  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:25 pm
MHC is still going? Well then, I guess I'll have to post.

And write up an entry for the role of Dante. Not even going to attempt Vashani, I'm terrible with human/animal hybrids.

EDIT: Except Kami is online, and now I've got the feeling in the pit of my stomach that I'm an a*****e for attempting to jack his ship literally like a vulture.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:45 pm
The_Sane_Hatter
MHC is still going? Well then, I guess I'll have to post.

And write up an entry for the role of Dante. Not even going to attempt Vashani, I'm terrible with human/animal hybrids.

EDIT: Except Kami is online, and now I've got the feeling in the pit of my stomach that I'm an a*****e for attempting to jack his ship literally like a vulture.

Don't feel obligated to, but if you want to it would be a welcome help!

No worries, it might be better to have each character done by a seperate person anyways. xd

Don't feel too bad for it. He may be online, but he was online a few days ago too, and so far he hasn't gotten back to me. I kinda get the impression he may just be wanting to fade away. I may try contacting him again, but I may also just end up pestering him. And besides, if he is going to stick with it, I can just give him his characters back. But someone needs to keep these characters active if they are going to be in the roleplay still, so you're not exactly stealing them. More than anything, you'd be helping Kami if he did come back, as it would be a lot harder to just drag them along and have them not do anything. Also, he may have set his profile to show he's online when he's not, so he may not even be online, hard to tell. (I'm assuming you can set yourself to appear online, as I recall being able to do that years ago)  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:53 pm
You can set yourself Online? Nifty.

Alright, I'll give Dante a shot. A little tricky, seeing as there's only two posts of his.... And I have to not make Dante weird like any of my other characters.

TO MICROSOFT OPEN OFFICE TO BRAINSTORM!

Because there's a lot of catching up to do.

EDIT: Gahhhh, why is Dante so damn EDGY. This is trickier than I thought..... Hopefully somebody else takes this up as well. Somebody who's edgier.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:11 pm
The_Sane_Hatter
You can set yourself Online? Nifty.

Alright, I'll give Dante a shot. A little tricky, seeing as there's only two posts of his.... And I have to not make Dante weird like any of my other characters.

TO MICROSOFT OPEN OFFICE TO BRAINSTORM!

Because there's a lot of catching up to do.

EDIT: Gahhhh, why is Dante so damn EDGY. This is trickier than I thought..... Hopefully somebody else takes this up as well. Somebody who's edgier.

I could be wrong on that, but I'm pretty sure you can. xp

I know what you mean. You'll also have to consider possible plot twists and what have you with him. Give his profile a look over and see if Kami left any wiggle room for that. And I understand that edgy can be a little hard, but if I might suggest, maybe look at characters from video games and what have you that may take a similar path. Dante does seem to have some room for sensitivity I think, so keep that in mind as well.

xd Sounds like a plan! Also, I'm fairly sure I'm using Open Office as well, though it's not from microsoft. XD And take your time if you need to, just try to do your best at playing Dante if you can.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm hoping others will be interested as well, but I think we may have to play the waiting game and see. sweatdrop  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Xela_The_Red

Versatile Citizen

3,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:08 pm
Lord Sithious

I am so sorry about not posting or responding in almost a week now but its because the problems I have been having with internet connection, a lot bigger than just some weather. A day after I last replied to you more or less my internet just died and it took a long time to for my parents to be able to get it back up, ie. it just recently been brought back up, I stalled on getting on for a bit though because I felt horrible for not being able to post.  
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff