Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
The Magical Menagerie ~ NPC Owned ~ For Sale Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:29 am
User Image
                                                  I know we got it good, but they got it made,
                                                  And their grass is getting greener each day,
                                                  I know things are looking up, but soon they'll take us down,
                                                  Before anybody's knowing our name

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════
                                                  Sɪxᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Sᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ || Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Pʀᴇғᴇᴄᴛ
                                                  ════════════════════════

Kenny sighed as he looked around the shop, his eyes trailing from one pet to another. He'd had Bilbo for a long while, and while the rat had most definitely outlived his siblings, being eaten by a snake was one of those things that he wished hadn't happened. As a result, the teenager was strolling through his aunt's shop looking for something. He wasn't sure, to be honest. He'd picked Bilbo up years ago, and replacing the old rat was something he wasn't looking forward to. He scratched his head near a pair of rabbits that just seemed a bit too cozy with each other (he should go ask Siobhan if the two were both the same gender at the least) when he saw a girl that was looking at the owls. Which made him think that it might not be a bad idea to get one for himself. The girl however looked confused, like the choices were numerous.

He walked over, his lean frame dodging between the aisles with ease. When he got over to her, he poked a finger through one of the cages and gently brushed one of his fingers against the bird's feathers. He opened his mouth to talk, but nothing came out. Swallowing, he opened it again, and his tongue seemed glued to the roof of his mouth. This time he cleared his throat before trying to talk, and he winced at what sounded more like a squeak pass his lips before actual words followed.
                                                  "U-um, trying to figure out what owl you want? I mean, I could help if you want me to. Pretty sure that it could help."

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: What pet should I pick, and should I get one at all?
                                                  OOC:

[x]

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Do you think I'm special? Do you think I'm nice?
                                                  Am I bright enough to shine in your spaces?
                                                  Between the noise you hear, and the sounds you like
                                                  Are we just sinking in an ocean of faces?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:35 am
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ѕιиgℓє
                                                          Looking Cute at the Magical Menagerie with - - -
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Calm
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ I wonder what sort of owl I should get... ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

σиє ∂αу, ι'м gσииα fσяgєт у σ υ я и α м є ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          σиє ѕωєєт ∂αу, уσυ'яє gσииα ∂ я σ ω и ιи му ℓσѕт ραιи ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxxxxx
                                                          f є α я ιѕ σиℓу ιи σ υ я м ι и ∂ ѕ ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxx
                                                          вυт ιт'ѕ т α к ι и g σ ν є я αℓℓ тнє т ι м є ❦ ❦ ❦xxx
                                                          ═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceJojo jumped ever so slightly at the sudden appearance of a hand, and the boy attached. She watched him pet the owl through the bars for a second, then turned to face him, flushing faintly. "Um, yeah. I mean, I don't... I've never had an owl. I'm kind of a cat person? And my dad has a bat, and my cousin has dogs..." she trailed off, noting that the guy probably hadn't needed to know all that. "Um, but, help would be nice!" she said, then almost winced at the sudden burst of enthusiasm. She really needed to learn to rein it in. But she couldn't help it; lately, she only seemed to have two modes; shy wallflower who hoped no one even looked at her, or she was suddenly entirely too chipper. Silent, or blathering on with unnecessary enthusiasm. She got the feeling people probably thought she was weird.

spaceLooking at the guy, she noted that he looked sort of... young, to be working at the shop. Actually, he looked sort of familiar, too. "You go to Hogwarts, don't you?" she asked, and then felt like an idiot, because, duh. Unless he was one of the really rare cases of wizards who were home-schooled, or a squib, he went to Hogwarts. Of course, it wasn't like it was impossible that he was a squib; she of all people should know that. But she was almost completely sure she'd seen him at the school at least a couple times; where, she had no idea. "Uh, or, I mean, you did? I just... I think I've seen you around. At Hogwarts." If he worked in the shop, he'd probably graduated, right? She didn't think he looked that much older than herself, though, so he'd probably just graduated if he had. Or, maybe the shop hired students who wanted to work a Summer job? He certainly looked old enough for that, she reasoned.

space"Uh, I'm Jojo," she tacked on, because if she only vaguely recognized him, there was no way he had any clue who she was, so she figured she should at least tell him her name. Especially if he was going to help her. Her great-grandmother would be aghast at her horrible manners... then again, her great-grandmother would've been aghast at most things about her lately. The woman was probably rolling in her grave; the thought actually made Jojo want to grin, and then she had to wonder if she was secretly a horrible person. Did wanting horrible people to suffer make you horrible, too? Then again, it wasn't like she was wishing bodily harm on the woman... it was a bit late for that, anyway.

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❦ ❦ ❦ уσυ ρ σ σ я , ѕ ω є є т , ι и и σ ¢ єи т тнιиg
                                                          xxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ ∂ я у уσυя є у є ѕ , αи∂ т є ѕ т ι f у
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ уσυ киσω уσυ ℓ ι ν є тσ в я є α к м є
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ ∂σи'т ∂ є и у , ѕ ω є є т ѕα¢ я ι f ι ¢ є

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:48 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════
                                                  ════════════════════════

Kenny blinked as the girl started talking about her preferences and her father's bat and her cousin's dogs. Well, that was an interesting mix of animals in one house. Then again, there had been an interesting mix back when Siobhan and her kids were still living with the rest of the family. However, she did state she would appreciate the help, and Kenny mentally sighed in relief. He looked over the owls present and then back at her. "Well, it depends on what you want to use the owl for, and what they'd carry if it was for post. Smaller owls are good for normal post, while larger owls are good for parcels and such. Also, if it's your first owl, you might want to go for one with a more mellow attitude since well, they're easier to handle. Ones with too much energy or are too excitable tend not to be good owls for first time owners." He knew he should take his own advice regarding first-time owners, but he also knew that he'd helped out a bit here and there over some summers. Hopefully it would be enough for his first time owning an owl.

When she asked if he went to Hogwarts, or if he did, he nodded.
                                                  "Still attending, actually. Sixth year, in Slytherin. Play on the house team as seeker. That might be where you saw me. Unless you never went to a game, at which point probably in the halls. I usually just keep to myself though. Not many people I talk to. Not that I don't talk, but well, it's just awkward to talk to people sometimes." He could have said that better, but didn't, and Kenny kicked himself. It wasn't that he hated his housemates, he just saw what Jer had gone through in school, and didn't want to go through the same. He was pretty sure that the only people that knew he was a muggleborn in the school were his relatives and dormmates.

When she introduced herself, he extended a hand cautiously. He didn't see anything he might unconsciously slip off her hand, but that didn't mean much. He had of course stolen his aunt's necklace from around her neck once, and he didn't want a repeat. That once was bad enough.
                                                  "Kenny. Or, um, my name's Kenny. Nice to meet you. My aunt owns the shop, and I kind of help out from time to time. It's just, today, I'm kind of looking for an owl myself."

════════════════════════
                                                  OOC:

[x]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:12 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ѕιиgℓє
                                                          Looking Cute at the Magical Menagerie with Kenny
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Calm
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx

spaceAs he spoke, Jojo's eyes moved from owl to owl, and she chewed lightly on her lip, expression thoughtful. "We don't really do parcels. I mostly, um, I have a pen pal? But I keep having to borrow a school owl to write him." Jojo didn't really want to mention that her 'pen pal' was a grown man working for the ministry; Emily teased her about it a lot, but she was pretty sure everyone else would think it was weird, or creepy. Her dad even thought it was sort of weird, not really so much that she wrote to Darcy, but that Darcy wrote her back. He didn't have a problem with it as far as she could tell, which was good, but he certainly found it odd. She grabbed then end of one of her braids, fiddling with it. "I think a calmer owl would be better, though. Sapphire probably wouldn't like having to live with something that was really excitable. And Ava's dogs might try to play with it, and they're... uh, they're very large. My dad had to expand the interior of our flat to accommodate them," she said sheepishly. The dogs were relatively calm, and did alright in the somewhat small space, but she knew that her father felt bad about keeping them cooped up. They tried to walk them as often as possible, but it still sucked that they didn't have much room. Her dad just couldn't afford a bigger place.

spaceWhen he mentioned being on the Quidditch team, her mouth formed a small 'O', and she nodded. "I don't go to the games often... But I went to Hufflepuff versus Slytherin this last year. I remember people talking in the dorms before the game... they said you're very good," she said, flushing lightly, and wondering if she shouldn't have brought that up, since he'd not caught the snitch that game. The Hufflepuff team had won that one, which she'd obviously been excited about. "You really gave our Seeker a run for her money," she said, hoping that would smooth it over if he were sore over the loss. His mention of it being awkward to talk to people was met with a nervous sort of chuckle. "I, um, can relate? I'm trying to talk to people more, but... I always end up feeling like they think I'm weird," she replied, and then the faint blush deepened to a dark red, remembering the trip to Germany with Emily and the others. She'd definitely felt out of place that whole trip. Oh, it'd been fun, but it was pretty obvious the whole time that she was something of an outsider. She wished she was as good at making friends as Emily was, but other than her housemate, the only other person in the whole school she thought she could say she was friends with was Jesse... which, he might not even consider her his friend, really. She didn't really know with him. It was sort of hard to tell, to be honest.

spaceHis introduction cleared up the last of her confusion as to why he was here; if his aunt owned the shop, it made sense that he'd help out. She'd tried to talk her dad into letting her 'help' at the tattoo parlor, but he'd not gone for it. Apparently being too young for a piercing meant that she was also too old to help out... It wasn't like she'd wanted to be trained in doing the piercings, or the tattoos. She'd just wanted to maybe help clean or something. Or help in the skate park. Really, she just wanted something to do. "Uuuh, what kind of owl do you want to get? Or did you pick one out already?" she asked, curious. His aunt owning the shop meant that he probably knew a bit about the owls, or she could've at least told him something. He probably wouldn't have any trouble picking one out, right? Maybe she could get a better idea of what she wanted based on what he did; if he knew about owls, he'd choose a good one, right?

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:23 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════
                                                  ════════════════════════

Kenny nodded as she described what kind of correspondence she usually had, and also to the fact she would probably want a calmer owl. The description of the dogs being big caused the older teen to smile a bit in spite of himself. Rhys's dog Tessa was a bundle of energy when she was cooped up, and she was a medium sized dog. He couldn't imagine what kind of energy the larger dogs generally had being in a smaller place for too long. "I'd probably suggest a medium-sized owl, then. Not something too large, but definitely one that won't go buzzing around the house exciting the dogs too much. That's what some smaller ones do. Their metabolism is a lot higher and tends to give them a lot of energy to work out as a result. Also, if you can, I could suggest taking the dogs to a dog park or something? I'm... Well, I'm not quite the whiz with dogs as my younger brother is, but I'd imagine that running around someplace that's large and open might help with that. Just a thought, in any case." Kenny shifted a bit nervously, thinking that maybe Jojo's family had thought of that before. He didn't know, but he did know that the bigger the dog, the more space they needed, and maybe a dog park was a good way to get them to work off restless energy.

As he heard her talk about the quidditch game she had gone to, he blinked. He didn't think he had done all that well. In fact, he thought he played like rubbish. Too much time studying, and stuck with Jer in one room practising wandless magic until he thought he could do the hand gestures blindfolded, probably hadn't done wonders for his skills in quidditch. He didn't dare suggest to his older brother that he might be able to do it blindfolded. He knew Jer well enough that the older teen would probably think it was a good practise exercise, and probably throw knives at him just to get him used to a session under fire. Probably get that Iris girl to throw knives at him just to keep him on his toes as well.
                                                  "I have the feeling that's not quite true. Pretty sure if given half the chance, I would have been outmatched by any of the other seekers easily. I mean, they're in my year, but that doesn't mean I'm better. Plus, if the beaters were better than Slytherin's beaters, I would have been knocked out quickly and Jess would have caught it that much faster." Kenny tried to imagine the expression Jer would have worn upon hearing that, and he grinned in spite of himself. His older brother probably would have devolved into utterly unintelligible Cockney swearing up a storm at any of the Slytherin beaters for that.

As she described herself trying to talk to others, he nodded. He could relate so hard with that.
                                                  "I... don't usually talk to people in my house. I mean, I was kind of raised in a pureblood household, but I'm... kind of not? I mean, I'm, errr, as far from pureblood as you can get. I just stuck around my older brother and his friends when they were in school. I was kind of more comfortable talking with them, anyway." Noticing her blush, he bit his lip as he was kind of glad for the change of topic. If nothing else, it could direct their attention away from both of their god-awful people skills to something else. "Well, I don't quite have one picked out yet. I, um, I used to have a rat. He was, um, eaten last term by one of my roommate's pets. Snake, actually. I kind of hope Bilbo gave the snake some indigestion at least. Better than saying he was probably too old to run away."

════════════════════════
                                                  OOC:

[x]

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:54 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ѕιиgℓє
                                                          Looking Cute at the Magical Menagerie with Kenny
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Calm
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx

spaceJojo listened as the Slytherin boy spoke, still fiddling with her braid as she looked over the owls in their cages, curious. She supposed it made sense that the smaller owls were more hyper, and it certainly seemed that way in the Owlery at school. She nodded at him, glancing at him with a small frown. "We take them out as much as we can, but... we're not actually supposed to have them in the building we live in, so we have to be careful sneaking them in and out. My cousin isn't magical, and my dad's at work all the time, and I'm underage, so there's no way to use magic to get them outside. And my dad's usually too tired to take them after work, and Ava's always busy, and... well, I'm not really strong enough to walk them both, if they got excited about something and took off, they'd drag me along behind them." The blonde flushed again, thinking that she was probably saying too much. It was't like Kenny cared, he was just being nice. Or, doing his job, really, since it was his aunt's shop and he was supposed to be helping. She chewed her lip lightly, silently berating herself for talking so much. For someone who felt so awkward talking to people, she seemed to have a horrible problem with over-sharing... probably because it was so rare to find anyone to talk to. She felt like most people ignored her, or tuned her out. Kenny would probably be doing so, too, if not for the fact that she was a customer. She was probably annoying him.

spaceShe shuffled her feet awkwardly, wondering when he replied to her comment about the Quidditch match if he wished she'd just shut up, figure out which owl she wanted, and leave. But, he smiled, so she figured it couldn't be that bad, right? If she just dropped the pointless chitchat and focused on getting out of his hair, he probably wouldn't even think twice about her after she left. Which was sort of depressing, considering how often she felt like she was overlooked at times, but it was much better than worrying that she had managed to make the mere fact of her existence into something that would irk him. "I thought you did really well," she said simply, not elaborating further. It would've seemed rude to leave it at him saying he wasn't that good of a player, but she thought it best to drop the subject as easily as she could.

spaceHis statement that he didn't talk to the people in his house, and the reason why, made her want to grind her teeth. But again, she didn't say anything. He was already probably counting down the minutes until she left, right? Last thing he wanted to hear was her ranting about blood purity and old-fashioned pureblood families. Considering her own experience with it, she could go on for ages, and nothing she had to say was nice. She was glad when he talked about picking out an owl, just because it meant that they were back on the subject of her reason for being in the shop, and that she was that much closer to not annoying him. The Hufflepuff was unable to stop the sympathetic sound she made when he mentioned his roommate's snake eating his rat. "That's awful," she said, frowning. "I'd hate to think of Sapphire eating someone's pet... I try to keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn't, actually." Lucky for Jojo, Sapphire was just about the laziest, most spoiled Siamese to ever walk the Earth; she couldn't be troubled to hunt down a rat, pet or not. The blonde turned back to the owls, looking them over. "So, um. Medium sized owl. Would... that qualify as medium?" she asked, pointing towards a mottled owl. It looked to be about in the mid-sized range compared to the others. A little on the smaller side of medium, she thought, but still not exactly a tiny owl. And she thought the markings were sort of pretty. Not that she was overly concerned with the bird being pretty, but it would be nice.

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:09 pm
User Image
Saio Mio Ukida
First Year Unsorted
Adopted ☼ Half-blood

Saio was ecstatic to finally be going off to school. While her mother had never attended Hogwarts, she was sure it would be an interesting experience. Her Aunt Helen she was sure could validate that. Today she was getting her supplies along with the rest of her family. Walking along the alley, Saio looked around excitedly. It hadn’t been the first time she’d gone to Diagon alley but the first stop was the pet shopping. Her Uncle mentioned getting her and her sister feline companions before and it was really happening.

“Aunt Helen, what are the houses again?” The young girl asked as she walked along. “They’re Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin.” Her Aunt answered. “And you were in Hufflepuff right?” Her aunt nodded. “Where do you think I’ll go?” Saio asked curiously. “I couldn’t say. The sorting hat has its way of figuring that out. Though whichever house you get I’m sure it will be a good fit.” She told her. Saio couldn’t help but think about that. However she couldn’t question any further on the subject before arriving at the pet shop.

Walking into the shop, Saio walked through looking over all the puppies before making her way to the cat section. Her aunt followed along with her. So long as she didn’t want a puppy they’d be good. Looking at all the little fur balls it wasn’t until the brunette came to a Long Haired Siamese. It was a cute little guy, all puff-ball like. “Can I get this one?” Saio asked looking up at her aunt with big brown eyes. “Sure, why not. He’s definitely a cute one.” Helen said in agreement. “Yeah, and I think I’m going to call him Naown.” She said with a smile. “Naown, sounds like a perfect name.”

With: Aunt Helen, Uncle Aeron, Tsubaki

Wearing: Summer Plaid

OOC: Open for interaction...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:15 pm
User Image
Tsubaki Natsumi Yuko
Future Hogwarts Student
Pureblood Parselmouth

The last thing that Tsubaki expected was that getting a pet cat meant they’d also be doing Saio’s school shopping. She really didn’t care about her sister going off to school. It hardly mattered to her one way or another. Aside from her sister not being there which was fine by her. Walking along the streets of Diagon alley, Tsubaki paid little attention to anyone. Her sister was talking to their aunt which wasn’t that excited she was sure. Evidently that left her with Uncle Aeron.

“Tsubaki, try to look more enthused.” Aeron told the young girl. “Why bother…?” She questioned him as they continued walking. “Cause, it might make today’s trip a bit more enjoyable.” He tried to reason with her. Tsubaki remained quiet after that until they arrived at the pet store.

Walking in the dark haired girl went straight for the cat section. Her sister’s fascination with puppies wasn’t something she shared. Immediately Tsubaki spotted a grey cat. It looked at her curiously with its big brown eyes. “Found one you like?” Aeron asked. “I think so.” She replied putting her hand up to the cage. The feline pawed at the girl’s finger playfully causing Tsubaki to smile. “I think he like’s you.” He commented with a small smile. “Course he does.” The girl agreed. Although her thoughts were more on if that were true rather then it being true.

With: Aunt Helen, Uncle Aeron, Saio

Wearing: Summer Blue

OOC: Open for interaction…

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:57 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxPet Shop, Cat Cages
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxGia
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ι'м ιи тнє ∂ є т α ι ℓ ѕ ωιтн тнє ∂ є ν ι ℓ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ѕσ иσω тнє ω σ я ℓ ∂ ¢αи иєνєя gєт мє σи му ℓ є ν є ℓ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ι נυѕт g σ т т α gєт уσυ σ f f тнє ¢ α g є xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ι'м α уσυиg ℓ σ ν є я ' ѕ я α g є xxxxxx
                                                          gσииα иєє∂ α ѕ ρ α я к тσ ι g и ι т є xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceLorelei would admit, she was being petty. She had never really wanted a cat before, and her reasoning for wanting one now was almost entirely based upon the fact that her 'father' was allergic to them. God, she couldn't even think the word 'father' in regards to Lindsay without it being sarcastic. Or venomous. She approached the shop, noting Gia already waiting for her outside, waving at her friend. "Thanks for meeting me," she said, almost cheerfully. She didn't really feel particularly cheerful these days, but meeting up with the Italian certainly had her closer than she'd been since she'd found out her stepfather was dead. "I know it's random, but, I needed to talk to you, and school shopping was my excuse to get out of the house."

spaceThe Slytherin entered the shop and, after a brief assessment, headed straight for the cats. She had never even considered getting one before, or any other pet. She only had an owl for communication, to be perfectly honest, as much as she did love Chell. But, ever since she'd found out about Zeph keeping the kitten he'd had to vanish for his Transfiguration exam, she'd been somewhat contemplating the idea. This last straw, the fact that her mother was trying to sell their home and move them in with Lindsay, had finally convinced her. She had no doubt that she would get along quite well with a cat; she'd done her research, after all. And its fur would give Lindsay Lovell hives, and she couldn't be more pleased about that fact.

spaceGlancing to Gia, she chewed her lip nervously. "Um, so, fair warning, I'm about to drop off the face of the earth," she said, her tone far too glib for the words she'd spoken. "Mother's selling the house, she claims we can't afford it, which is a lie. But she wants to move us into the sleaze's house, and I'm so not. I'm getting my shopping done, then..."

spaceShe trailed off, glancing at the cages to see if any of the cats caught her eye. She'd heard people say that sometimes, an animal just 'spoke' to them, and they knew it was the one they should buy. But she'd always thought such things ridiculous... Which left her having to actually choose a cat, something she hadn't the slightest idea how to go about doing. "I was going to ask if I could stay with you, but I realized my mother would immediately assume that's where I was. So I had to figure out an alternative." She hesitated; she wanted Gia to know where she was, but at the same time, she wanted as little chance of being found as possible. Then again, it wasn't like it'd be hard for Gia to figure it out. She only had three friends.

space"I'm going to stay with Trist," she said finally. "Like I said, they would find me if I was with you. And probably if I stayed with Zeph as well, since Leslie is friends with his cousin. Actually, those two are thick as thieves, so Lindsay would probably assume right off the bat that Leslie had hidden me away with Chalmes' family. Neither of them know anything about Trist, though." Les wasn't actually involved in this, of course. Mostly because she didn't need to find out if he was going to suddenly go all weird big brother on her for staying with a boy. She'd tried over and over to say that she had no such feelings for Trist, or any boy, for that matter, but Les insisted that it wasn't her that he worried about, which she couldn't quite fault him for. Trist was hardly someone he needed to worry about, though.

spaceShe glanced at Gia, trying to gauge the other girl's reaction. Not that she was expecting anything odd. She mostly assumed she'd have to finally come clean about the details regarding her stepfather's death. She hadn't talked much with her friend about the affair, and she'd still not told anyone but her brother that she thought Lindsay had killed Emerson. It wasn't the sort of thing you just went around telling people, after all.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx α ¢σиѕтєℓℓαтισи σf т є α я ѕ σи уσυя ℓ α ѕ н є ѕ
                                                          xxxxxx вυяи є ν є я у т н ι и g уσυ ℓ σ ν є, тнєи вυяи тнє α ѕ н є ѕ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx ιи тнє є и ∂ єνєяутнιиg ¢ σ ℓ ℓ ι ∂ є ѕ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx му ¢нιℓ∂нσσ∂ ѕ ρ α т вα¢к συт тнє м σ и ѕ т є я тнαт уσυ ѕ є є

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Yukina101

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:34 pm
In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a street lamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
User Image
User Image

мυɢɢℓєвσяиє тαкєи υиcσиғιиє∂

Gia rocked back and forth on the balls of her feet with her sunglasses slowly sliding down her nose as she waited for the arrival of her friend. Lori had randomly sent her an owl asking to meet her in front of the menagerie in Diagon of all places to start the back to school shopping. That wouldn't have been too too weird if it hadn't been so early in the summer for such things, even for Lori, so she had to assume it was to cover up something else. She grinned as she saw the taller teen appear and gave her own wave of greeting before just raising a single eyebrow as her assumptions were proven correct. "It's no problem. The twins may be sleeping through the night but during the day they make so much noise I worry why a vacuum hasn't just randomly opened to suck us all in." she told her friend dryly. She was fond of her sisters make no mistake about that, if only because she never thought she'd be in a position where she'd have a sibling let alone twins. Still, it didn't mean she had to love everything about them and currently their wailing was their least attractive quality.

When her friend had asked to go to the menagerie she had assumed it was to pick stuff up for her cats so she was a tad surprised when the Slytherin went straight for the cats. Gia herself had just acquired a cat from her Transfiguration OWL and admittedly needed a few things but she hadn't voiced that to anyone let alone Lori. Both eyebrows shot up slightly as her friend decided to drop the bomb that she was essentially going missing during the summer because her mother decided to sell their home and move her into (what she supposed by 'sleaze') her biological father's home. "I'm just gonna assume it has something to due with the suspicious death of your dad. Well that and that your mother is a conniving cold hearted b***h but I'm pretty sure you already knew that. Plus I read your mail, well, just the one letter." she answered with a shrug while looking at one of the kittens from the litter. It was about the same size as Kovalevskaya but a brown striped tabby rather than her orange one. Though its blue eyes were pretty cool to look at. Though she probably should explain the breach in privacy. "I don't do it on a regular basis if that's what you're thinking. I saw you were upset and you had sort of retracted into your shell and wasn't talking soo...I did a bit of detective work. Your fault leaving out your mail like that. There's some serious wackos in our House." Gia told her with a pointed look before gazing back at some of the cat accessories. Kova would look pretty neat in the bowtie collar she thought turning it over to glance at the price.

She nearly started just a bit when her friend mentioned that she was going to ask to stay with her but before she could offer up any thoughts on the manor it was already shot down as a possibility. Though for good reason since Charlotte probably had a good idea of who and where she was considering the amount of annoying mail she made sure to send during the summer months. Since she wasn't a viable option she waited for who exactly Lori was staying with and actually did doubletake hearing that the answer would be Tristan. Then her face widened into a smirk smile before she began laughing even as she continued on with her explanation. "Oh my actual God, please if it's an option I want you to send me a picture of his face the moment you surprise him with the news that you're staying the entire summer. I'm sure it's going to be just perfect. " Gia said between her chuckles just thinking of the male teen's reactions knowing his crush would be sleeping just a few feet from him. God it was just priceless.

So her friend was slipping from the face of the earth because she didn't want to live with her sperm donor and actual witch of a mother to live with one of the males in their year competing for heart. Well that was a bit too serious, more like competing for the right to snog whenever the mood struck them. That was all fine and good but that still didn't answer the most prudent question. "This all sounds all rather thought out and definite so, random question just bear with me, why are we in a pet store looking at cats? Is your mother now hiring people to tail you and you thought you could lose them in here?" Gia asked making a point to check behind them for some mysterious figure when in reality all she saw was some bloke looking at a container full of snakes. Or rather, supposed looking at a container full of snakes.

Cara MiaKitty

Wearing △Where ~Magical Menagerie △With ~Lori △What ~Getting a cat? △OOC ~
When my eyes were stabbed
By the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:03 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxPet Shop, Cat Cages
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxGia
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm

spaceLori's surprise at Gia's admission that she'd read her mail lasted all of a second. She hadn't ever really expected the Italian to do such a thing, but then again, it was only because she'd never really hidden anything from Gia before (Tristan's secret notwithstanding). She mulled the thought over, then shrugged. "Saved me the trouble of having to tell you, I suppose," she replied, pragmatic as ever. "It's not as though I would think you were going through my letters looking for secrets to blackmail me with, in any case. Though, did I really leave the letter laying around?" That was probably the most shocking detail of Gia's confession, to be perfectly honest. Lori didn't typically leave important things just lying about. But, then, she'd not exactly been in her right state of mind.

spaceGia's request that she snap a photo of Tristan's face when she showed up at his home was met with a chuckle, and an apologetic smile. "Can't do, I'm afraid. I wrote him already, to be sure that it was a viable option. I prefer to plan in advance, you know, and prepare for unexpected problems. I didn't want to show up at his place, with my things, only to find I had to figure something else out on the fly because I couldn't stay with him." Granted, 'with her things' meant with one trunk, since her brother had so kindly supplied her with a charmed trunk that she could fit essentially her entire life into... If she'd gotten really desperate, she could've simply lived in that, she thought.

spaceThe Slytherin's expression grew somewhat devious when Gia asked about the cats, and faintly smug. "Lindsay is allergic to cats," she declared smugly. "And you know, when you have one, their hair ends up everywhere. It's quite awful. He's always trying to hug me (as awkwardly as possible, because the man doesn't know how to show physical affection), and I quite fancy the idea of him attempting it and coming away with a swollen face and a case of hives." She wasn't planning on actually seeing the man any time soon, of course, but it was always nice to be prepared. She glance at Gia, then the cats. "I've never had a cat, though. Mother wouldn't allow it... I didn't realize why until I came back from Hogwarts the first year. He came to visit, and couldn't stop scratching. Other people's cats, fur all over my school clothes. I put the uniforms away in my closet, it got on my Summer clothes... He wasn't happy." She, on the other hand, had been rather amused. "Help me choose one? I would've done research, but Mother made it next to impossible to even try. If magic didn't unnerve her so much, I wouldn't even be able to do this. I'd have to ask Leslie to buy one for me."

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Yukina101

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:40 pm
In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a street lamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
User Image
User Image

мυɢɢℓєвσяиє тαкєи υиcσиғιиє∂

Gia wasn't worried that her friend might be upset by her reading her mail, though she did feel a bit of relief at Lori's neutral facade over it. She gave a short nod at her friends rather rhetorical question over how she left her letter but since reading it figured that she might not have been in the greatest frame of mind. She dramatically snapped her fingers at hearing that she wouldn't receive photo evidence of Tristan's surprise though she supposed it would make more sense for her to contact the idiot before going over. That way he could plan and fret accordingly about the object of his affections being under his roof for months on end. Oh to be a fly on his wall. Well actually no, who knows what sort of disgusting practices the teen boy might be doing. Finally at hearing the reasoning for her friend wanting a cat she stopped her perusing of cat items and stared at her friend with wonder and not a small hint of pride. "That has to be the greatest idea I've ever heard you say outside of 'let's make a map of Hogwarts'. I don't think there's any more I can teach you, clearly you've grown outside my own tutelage. I can honestly say I didn't think this day would come so quickly. Please give me four to eight weeks to mail you your 'welcome to the dark side' gift basket." Joking aside, getting a cat only for the knowledge that the hair could potentially cause an extreme allergic reaction and possible death to her birth father was just...it was a thing of beauty. Dammit, this is the stuff Instagram was made for and she couldn't even take a picture to caption for later. Damn magic. At her friend's request to help her pick one out, Gia looked curiously over at the glass containment of kittens of all sizes and color to see if she could fine one that best fit her best friend. For some reason she thought a siamese cat would fit her friend, that or a ragdoll though she felt that once Lori realized the size a fully grown ragdoll could reach she wouldn't be as humorous as she was now. Tabby's were nice but they were also, horrid as it may seem, run of the mill. Anyone could pick up a tabby, especially a striped one. One tumbling fluffball caught her eye and though she'd seen this breed before (on a cartoon or anime or something) she didn't know its name. If only she could google it...
                                        "That one there looks alright. A bit of a klutz but I think that's just all kittens at that age. God knows Kova isn't a graceful swan most of the time." The Italian said shaking her head over the newest exploits of her kitten. Currently it was trying to figure out why exactly it couldn't walk through windows but could feel the sunshine. Silly creature.

Cara MiaKitty

Wearing △Where ~Magical Menagerie △With ~Lori △What ~Getting a cat? △OOC ~
When my eyes were stabbed
By the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:47 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxPet Shop, Cat Cages
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxGia
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm

spaceGia's obvious pride at Lori's reasoning for getting a cat made the Slytherin girl smile, obviously pleased with herself. Apparently, she hadn't quite gotten over the need to constant praise and validation to keep her spirits up, but at least seeking it from the Italian was better than from previous attempted sources. Especially since, closet nonsense notwithstanding, Gia was rather generous with praise. At least, she was with Lori. Then again, Lori was actually clever enough to impress her housemate. She earned that praise. "Now, is this the same dark side that I keep hearing has cookies? Are those included in the gift basket?" she quipped, beaming. She was always grateful she had Gia. Even if sometimes they bickered over silly things... like the closet nonsense. But, Lori insisted that the results of said nonsense just proved that it'd been necessary. She didn't think she could've taken another year or more of Carver and Gia ignoring their obvious attraction.

spaceShe looked at the kitten Gia had pointed out, making a soft sound when she saw it. "Oh, it's precious," she said, feeling an odd sense of attachment. Wait, was this what people talked about when they said the 'knew' which pet they should adopt? "Aren't Siamese cats supposed to be a bit... particular? I thought I'd read something about them tending to only like a small handful of people..." If that were true, she could only hope that, if she did choose to get this one, the animal decided it liked her. And hated her mother. That'd be just perfect. "I can see it now, Charlotte shrieking at me over the claw marks on her arms and the shredded curtains. Not that any cat would have much time for that... I'm leaving the second she looks away long enough for me to summon the Knight Bus." Which would hopefully not be long. Her mother had been obnoxiously vigilant ever since telling Lori they were moving into Lindsay's house. Ugh.

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Yukina101

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:21 pm
User Image
User Image

Yesterday has come and gone
And I've learnt how to leave it where it is
And I see that I was wrong
For ever doubting I could win

Ravenclaw Alu mniXCursebreakerXTaken

Timothy waited outside the menagerie contentedly humming nonsense as he waited for his girlfriend to appear. His plan for this particular date was actually supposed to be done later in the fall for their actual anniversary but he had just been informed by his bosses he'd be helping with a dig in Scandinavia around that time frame. At least he was lucky enough to hear about it early so he could adjust accordingly. It was also a good thing he had already planned out what he was getting Mira so he wasn't left floundering. Originally the pet was supposed to be the big gift, but an elder patron had recently deceased and since he had no next of kin what little assets he had was taken by the bank. That had been seriously fun-filled days; cataloging everything in the person's vault for monetary value as well as to ensure nothing charmed, transfigured, or dangerous was let out into general population. Some of the stuff had gotten snapped up by either the goblins or other nosy cursebreakers but the only thing that had caught his eye was a tiara. It had clearly fake diamonds but the overall appearance was what appealed to him and once he had been given the ok (and the mounds of paperwork) he had taken it and gotten it cleaned to give to Mira. He supposed since his best friend was the one who started the "princessa" barrage, he could continue it. Plus it rather went with his first ever gift to her of flower barrettes: a flower tiara. Timothy really hoped she liked it and didn't think it too childish but he supposed if she really didn't want it he could give it to Desi or Bethany though he hoped neither sister asked why. It wouldn't be a pleasant discussion plus he wasn't sure what would be worse; them being annoyed on his behalf that she didn't like it or them trying to give him advice on women. Both were sort of equally terrifying. He readjusted the bouquet of flowers and small gift box as he shifted from one foot to the other slowly and listlessly as he continued his wait.

Ohh just like all the seasons never stay the same all around me i can feel a change [wearing]
I will break these chains that bind me, happiness will find me [Magical Menagerie]
leave the past behind me, today my life begins [Mira..soon]
a whole new world is waiting it's mine for the taking [Waiting]
I know I can make it, today my life begins [ooc]
murruelecreuset

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:05 am
User Image

User Image Location: Magical Menagerie

Mira hadn’t been to the Magical Menagerie since she’d gotten her sister Leo that owl finch as a graduation / wedding present. The only times before that were when Grace got her rabbit Lily and she got her rat Spice. Now Spice was gone and she was without any kind of a pet, then again so was Timothy who’s beloved Aurora passed away. Despite not knowing the full extent of the visit, she knew it was a date with her boyfriend and that was all that mattered. Granted finding out that he would be out of the country around the time of their anniversary was a bit disappointing. Though, that wasn’t going to stop the former Slytherin from enjoying her time.

Heading down the alley, Mira soon spotted Timothy and he had flowers! She loved flowers! Well she loved anything so long as Timothy was the one giving it to her. Skipping delightfully over to him, she smiled brightly.
“I hope you weren’t waiting long.” She told him with a quick kiss on the cheek. “Those wouldn’t happen to be for me by chance would they?” Mira asked innocently. It took some practice to pull of the innocent act but she’d like to think she was getting better at it.

With: Timothy

Wearing: Sun Dress

OOC: ---

Yukina101

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items