Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Whizz Hard Books ~ Open! (Now Hiring!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:17 pm
User Image
User ImageNicole Cherri User Image

Nicole turned back to Fiona with a questioning look on her face as the woman tried to leave. "But you haven't got anything. You didn't see anything you liked? We have a couple more new ones in the back if you'd like to look." she hated to think of this nice woman leaving without something to keep her busy. "However if you have to go back, you could give me a list of plots you like and I could bring an armful down to your shop one day?" Nicole knew she was going an extra mile but something inside her told her she needed to do this.

Wearing: Work | Where: Whizz Hard Books | With: Fiona and another customer | Feeling: Sympathetic | OOC:

Nicole~Tomato
Tanya~Violet
Tim~Grey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:56 pm
Fiona McKinney
Owner of Madam Malkin's // Whizz Hard Books // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // No one
CURRENTLY FEELING // Lonely
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'If I keep this up, I won't have any more books to buy or read, I'll own them all!'
═════════════════════════════════

User Image

Fiona offered a nervous smile, with a blush spreading on her face. "Oh, er... I dinae really look around much. I mean... uh... I guess I donae really know wha' tae look fer. I read a bit o' everythin', really." She was a bit surprised by Nicole's offer to bring books by her own shop, and shook her head. "I couldnae ask ye to stop yer own work to bring anything tae me. I'll make do with wha' I've go' until I ken come back in tae look around fer somethin'."

(( OOC: ))

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:47 pm
A Slytherin that hates people?
Oh THAT's a new idea...

User Image

####.....Shamus was here for one purpose and one purpose only and it was not be around people. He needed to buy a new book that had just come out that month. It was on potions and some new muggle made ingredients that were found to be effective, but less toxic. He was not even sure if it was in English yet, but if it was not he would fine a way around that. He saw that the shop keep was buys and decided to wait. He did not know his way about this shop and did not wish to make a fool of him self by blundering around. His finger tapped on his other hand as he waited.

A Slytherin that hates Snakes and the color green?
Odd enough for You?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:54 pm
I'm in HERE, can anybody SEE me?
Can anybody HELP?
I'm in HERE, a prisoner of HISTORY,
Can anybody HELP?

BERNADETTE MORGAN ALDRED
PROUD MUGGLEBORN
FORMER RAVENCLAW
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Can't you hear my call: Embarrassed | Are you coming to get me now: Maybe I can help... | I've been waiting for you to come rescue me: Nicole and Fiona | I need you to hold all the sadness I can not, living inside of me: Whizz Hard Books |
Wearing

Bernadette gave the woman who'd come to help her a grateful look. "I'm sorry," she apologized. "I'm a bit of a klutz, I'm afraid." She heard the woman's conversation with the other redheaded woman, who Bernadette could have sworn she had seen somewhere before. Biting her lip awkwardly, she spoke up quietly. "Excuse me, it's not really any of my business and I don't mean to intrude, but um.... I could bring the books. I would be more than happy to, I know what it's like to be stuck without reading material... That way she wouldn't have to stop her work, and you would get some new books. I'm Bernadette Aldred, by the way." Instantly feeling even more self conscious after opening her mouth, she glanced down at the floor, before looking back up again. Oh, she hoped she hadn't managed to somehow offend either of them. Her and her big mouth...

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.

I'm in HERE, I'm trying to tell you SOMETHING,
Can anybody HELP?
I'm in here, I'm calling OUT but you can't HEAR,
Can anybody HELP?

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:35 pm
Fiona McKinney
CURRENTLY WITH // No one
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'If I keep this up, I won't have any more books to buy or read, I'll own them all!'

User Image

Fiona blushed and smiled at the woman, offering a hand. "Fiona McKinney, owner o' Madame Malkin's Robes fer all Occasions." She glanced at the offending bookcase and offered a comforting smile. "I wouldnae feel so bad abou' bein' a klutz. I'm afraid I'm a bit o' one as weel. An' I generally have a tiny, sharp object in my han', so it's no' so grea' when I hae a momen'." She blushed a bit brighter. Not really something to share with someone who could feasibly need her services at some point. Things weren't like they'd been when she'd first started at the shop; there was another robes shop in Diagon Alley. One that was a bit more expensive, but it was there. People didn't have to come to her anymore... she didn't need to chase any customers away.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:47 pm
User Image

Nicole was happy another customer spoke up to help Fiona with her book "crisis" and gave another bright smile. "That's a wonderful and thoughtful idea, before we know it we could start a small book club and meet over at a small cafe to swap and discuss books!" Well, now that the words came out her mouth, it did seem like a good idea. In fact it sounded great. She could socialize with others her own age, women at that so she wouldn't feel threatened, and even if she did have to bring her children both women seemed nice enough that she wouldn't have to worry. Just as she finished thinking of it she noticed a young man waiting at her desk and instantly felt bad for keeping another customer waiting. Excuse me ladies, I have another customer to take care of but I'll be right back!" Nicole walked over to the young man feeling a tiny bit of anxiety creep up within her but she beat it down by the time she reached him and gave a welcoming smile. "Hello and welcome to Whizz Hard Books. How can I help you today?" she greeted.

Wearing: Work | Where: Whizz Hard Books | With: A male customer | Feeling: Slightly anxious | OOC:

Nicole~Tomato
Tanya~Violet
Tim~Grey

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:58 pm
Oh THAT's a new idea...

User Image

####.....Shamus sighed and looked up. Some woman was in front of him. She looked a tad nervous. That was odd. Women were odd in general. He cleared his throat. "Yes, you may. I am looking for the new book, Muggle Plants in Advanced Potions Use...do you have it in stalk?" he asked. His finger had stopped thumping, but he still looked busy and anti-social/

Odd enough for You?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:05 pm
User Image

Nicole frowned as she heard the title of the book while mentally going over where it might've been seen. She went behind her desk to ruffle through papers before finding the forms detailing how many of the books were published, where they were taken, and how many the store still had. After going through it the secretary finally looked back at the man and gave a small smile. "You're in luck, we just sent them out to Flourish but we do have one or two still here if you'd like to purchase it." She struggled not to fidget underneath his bored stare.

Wearing: Work | Where: Whizz Hard Books | With: Another customer | Feeling: Nervous | OOC:

Nicole~Tomato
Tanya~Violet
Tim~Grey

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:15 pm
Oh THAT's a new idea...

User Image

####.....Shamus smiled as soon as he knew the book had come out. He looked at her again. "Show me then" he said plainly. He walked a head, the he turned to face her. "Is it in English?" He asked. His eyes boring into her, looking for the answer. His very movements raged that of an anti social person.

Odd enough for You?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:21 pm
User Image

Nicole jumped slightly at the customer's demand before nodding jerkily and going to the back to get a copy to return to him even closer making her swallow slowly. "N-no, I'm afraid its in Whelsh." she lightly stammered.

Wearing: Work | Where: Whizz Hard Books | With: A male customer | Feeling: Completely nervous | OOC:

Nicole~Tomato
Tanya~Violet
Tim~Grey

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:26 pm
Oh THAT's a new idea...

User Image

####.....Shamus nodded curtly. He took the book from her hands, opening it there. His eyes scanned it. He then shut it hard. it made a snap sound. "I see. I will find a way around that. Hmm. Whelsh is the only language?" he asked. He could deal with french of r Latin. But Whelsh. that was odd.

Odd enough for You?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:33 pm
User Image

Nicole fidgeted lightly, cursing herself inwardly for her continued weakness but thankful she wasn't all out trembling like she used to. When asked if it came in a different language than Whelse she nodded thinking of the second book. "T-the other was printed in French I believe if that's better s-suited for your needs."

Wearing: Work | Where: Whizz Hard Books | With: A male customer | Feeling: Nervous | OOC:

Nicole~Tomato
Tanya~Violet
Tim~Grey

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:16 pm
Oh THAT's a new idea...

User Image

####.....Shamus stared. He then handed back the book, arm out. He was curt about it. "Stop mumbling woman. Please...Just get the french book" he said. He then muttered about stupid whelsh and who in the named of the gods would know it. He did not realize he was being rude.

Odd enough for You?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:46 am
I'm in HERE, can anybody SEE me?
Can anybody HELP?
I'm in HERE, a prisoner of HISTORY,
Can anybody HELP?

BERNADETTE MORGAN ALDRED
PROUD MUGGLEBORN
FORMER RAVENCLAW
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Can't you hear my call: Happy | Are you coming to get me now: That's actually a good idea... | I've been waiting for you to come rescue me: Fiona | I need you to hold all the sadness I can not, living inside of me: Whizz Hard Books |
Wearing

Bernadette smiled slightly. "I would like that." It did sound like a good idea. She liked books, and she would enjoy talking with other women around her age. It would keep her busy, and maybe that was for the best. If she was busy she wouldn't have time to worry or be depressed.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.

I'm in HERE, I'm trying to tell you SOMETHING,
Can anybody HELP?
I'm in here, I'm calling OUT but you can't HEAR,
Can anybody HELP?

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:44 am
Fiona McKinney
CURRENTLY WITH // No one

User Image

Fiona gave a small smile at the suggestion, although she bit her lip a bit out of nervousness. She had an immediate instinct to say no, but that was just her shyness talking. She needed to get out more, right? A book club would be great for that, wouldn't it? So, she nodded. "I think tha's a wonderful idea, Nicole. Perha's we could schedule a time fer us all tae mee' up tae figure oot the details?" When Nicole left the two of them to help her other customer, she waited patiently, listening simply because they were right there, and it was rather hard not to. She frowned at the tone the young man took with Nicole. He was being rather rude, and she knew that there was obviously something in Nicole's past that made her nervous around men. After all, she'd said as much. Fiona fought the urge to go over and say something to to young man... she held herself back until he told Nicole to stop muttering. When he responded by muttering something himself, she saw red. Without a thought, she walked over, a cold look on her face. "There's no need fer ye tae be so rude to the lass. She is obviously uncomfortable, an' yer no' helping, talkin' tae her like tha'. An' if ye've go' such a problem' wif mutterin', perhaps you bes' no' do it yerself mere momen's af'er tellin' someone else no' to. If ye've go' somethin' tae say, say it, don' hold back. Ye're already bein' rude, no need to be snotty abou' it as weel." She crossed her arms and popped her hip out, an eyebrow arching, waiting for his response. She probably shouldn't have intervened, but she had the distinct feeling that Nicole would have let the man walk all over her just to avoid causing trouble. Which was all well and good most of the time, but it could get to a point where it just needed to stop. As good as she was at reading people, she had the feeling that he wasn't a very sociable person, but not liking to be around a lot of people was no excuse for not knowing how to act around them when it was necessary. He'd brought himself into the shop, he'd invited the situation. He shouldn't be treating anyone ill when they were only trying to help him.

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas