Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:18 pm
User Image

Zephyr Bearach

8 Years Old X Orphan X Devious

Zephyr was quite confused. "Wand, but my mother said that I didn't need one til I turned eleven. I'm only going to be nine in a few days!" he said, confusion showing in his voice. The last time he was in a wand shop, it didn't go over too well. That was when he thought he was going to have to fight for his survival again.

{I'll change his age once we get past Wool's}  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:24 pm
Sisters and chocolate...
Make life, much more...

Bearable.

User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

She smiled and shook her head. She spoke gently to him,
"Not all the time, you can get your wand while my son gets his. You may like him. You remind me of him." She chuckled gently and guided the boy gently to the shop, opening the door for him and walking in after him.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Daphne Warren

"The Gentle One."

{Exit to Olivander's}
{OOC: Hey, it okie}  

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:31 pm
User Image

Zephyr Bearach

8 Years Old X Orphan X Devious

"Okay then," Zephyr said. He wondered what this boy would be like. Better yet, he wondered if the shopkeeper in Olivander's remembered him after that time with the other boys. He entered the shop, followed by Daphne.

{Exit to Olivander's}  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:38 pm
User Image

The Triplets

Daniel's gray shirt stretched over his muscular arms as he finished putting the kids in the stroller with a smile. He kissed Adalyn on her soft head and brushed away one of her small hairs as he put her hat on. It was amazing to him that Amelia used to be the same age as the three and suddenly she was a second year Gryffindor. He shook his head as he went to the back of the stroller to push it.
As he looked around he suddenly noticed a familiar face...who was that? He searched for the name in the back of his head. Alex? Allen? No, no that wasn't it. Arthur! Arthur Findeler. He had gone to Hogwarts at the same time as Daniel and Nicole, he was a Slytherin.
The two had been relatively good friends, really the only Slytherin he had ever liked but the two had lost contact a few years ago, about the same time Arthur's wife had died. Daniel couldn't even imagine loosing Nicole. He shook his head and pushed the strolled towards the man.
"Well if it isn't Arthur Findeler" Daniel said with a large smile, his thick British accent unusually strong.

ooc; outfit in top pic. sorry it has taken me soo long to actually post Madness! but here i am!
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

inMadness

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:01 pm
User Image
♦~,.,~♦

The sunlight sent pangs of pain through Arthur's skull. It had been another long night, leaning over the dry heat of his fireplace, sipping cheap brandy as Baroque cooed passively in the darkness of his loft, high above. Like many nights alone in that void of his own sorrow and regret, he tried to drown his misery in a bottle, but it was only fuel for that tempest. He counted his blessings every day, but he would always remember what he lost and what had gone in himself because of that loss. He was a shell of a man, and he knew it. A living puppet, aware of his own twisted lot in life but unable to break free of the bonds that hold him. It always Julia that gave him any sort of spirit. She was a muse that calmed a swirling cataclysm within him that had first began to fester when he was only a boy.

The truth was, and it caused much of his despair, that he needed the Ministry; he was afraid of what he might become if they were to ever release him. The Ministry kept him leashed, so to a certain degree, honest. The fact of the matter was that he might have ended up just like Remington Nott if the Ministry hadn't interceded to harness Arthur's grief. Maybe it was why so much animosity resided between them; Arthur couldn't hide the similarities they shared, and in a lot of ways his friendship with Remington's brother, William as school-mates symbolized a role the Ministry now played in Arthur's life. William had shown him what he thought to be a better way of life, and Arthur believed that wisdom, but anymore, he just didn't know.

Take this morning for example. A night of drinking and sulking could have only been followed by an immediate notice from the Department of Mysteries, so Arthur rose like a trained dog and reported to work through bloodshot eyes and a pounding headache. He'd expected something terrible or at least near disastrous when he arrived, but he was only met with a group of delegates he didn't recognize squawking like roosters at the Head of the Department. Something about a mis-read prophecy, and apparently one that had come with consequences, judging from the anger cascading throughout the conversation. It took Arthur all of about ten minutes to come to the conclusion that the prophecy hadn't been mis-read. It had been mis-labeled. Child's play. It was so trivial Arthur nearly wanted to scream; some schmuck can't preform his duties properly so they call the one man around here with any level of competence to sort out the bugs. Arthur barely gave them an explanation of what had occurred before he'd turned to leave, and they were lucky to get that. It was why he had come to Diagon Alley. The was hoping lunch at the Leaky Cauldron would help ease his mind, and settle his hang-over, but what he found on the way proved equally distracting.

"Well if it isn't Arthur Findeler"

Arthur turned at the sound of his voice, at first ready to bite the head off the source of the disturbance, but he only flashed his piercing, dead eyes at the man for a moment before his expression softened with sudden recognition. "Hello, Daniel.", he said in his typical drone, before glancing down at the stroller, packed three deep with infants. He looked back up and offered a weak but warm smirk. "How have you been?"

╔══════════════════╗
User Image
╚══════════════════╝

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:02 pm
User Image

The Triplets

As Daniel looked at the man he immediately could tell he was hung over. It had been quite sometime since he had been in that situation, not since the triplets were born at the very least. He couldn't help but smirk.

"I'm doing well. How are doing?"

ooc; outfit in top pic. Oh gosh! i am soo sorry for how crappy that is!! i am tired and can't think! you should ask about his family next, i could totally go off on a tangent about that.
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

inMadness

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:20 am
User Image
♦~,.,~♦

Arthur chuckled.
"I've seen better days.", he admitted before taking another glance down at the stroller. How long had it been since he'd last spoken to Daniel Scott? Even he could admit he had become exceedingly withdrawn when his wife passed away, but he never put much thought into the ties that were severed along the way. As it had been for decades, his own family's destiny seemed ever intertwined with that of the Nott bloodline; nevertheless, Arthur had forsaken more than just blood when he locked himself and his son away from the world.

The man standing in front of him now was a prime example. Arthur should have known he had children, or at least should have anticipated things were still going well with Nicole. Instead, Arthur was met with a daunting truth. While he wallowed in a festering boil of self-doubt, life still flourished and moved all around him.

"Triplets, huh?", he said with a smirk. "Congrats, old boy. -- How is Nicole these days?"

╔══════════════════╗
User Image
╚══════════════════╝

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:19 pm
User Image

The Triplets

Daniel rubbed his hand over the scruff on his face and laughed slightly. "Yeah the three of them are quick a handful" He muttered with a smile. His eyes seemed to glow when Nicole was mentioned. "Oh she's been doing very well. She just finished her training. She's a full-fledged an auror now. It took her long enough" He muttered that last part. It had certainly been a long and tiring process, especially with the pause for Nicole's pregnancy. "Her parents actually moved in with us about..." He thought for a moment. "Well I guess right after we found out Nicole was pregnant and right before Amelia left for school." Had it really been that long. "It's been interesting with them being muggles and all, not used to that" He said with a chuckle.

ooc; outfit in top pic.
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

inMadness

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:57 pm
User Image
♦~,.,~♦

Arthur cracked a smirk; they seemed closer than ever. He was glad to hear things were going well for his old friend. Just more proof that everything he was doing since the accident hadn't really accomplished much of anything. Arthur needed to stop surviving and start living. Though, he wasn't sure how he would handle having his in-laws live with him. Julia's parents never quite liked Arthur, or magic for that matter. Having Elizabeth stay with them was already a stretch for him, and as far down that path he was willing to travel. Elizabeth was fine, but it was hard to miss the influences her family had on her; in a lot of ways it was like having a younger version of Julia living in his home.

"That sounds interesting.", Arthur replied. "Julia's parents were muggles too. Aside from my niece, and of course my wife, there isn't an ounce of magical blood in their family."
Arthur glanced ahead, feeling a sense of urgency falling over him. He'd need to be going soon. Time waited for no wizard, and he'd be expected back at the Ministry soon; still hungry, if that's how it would turn out. He glanced back at Daniel before continuing. "Listen, I'm about to go to lunch; Leaky Cauldron, more than likely. It would be my treat, of course, if you'd like to join me."

╔══════════════════╗
User Image
╚══════════════════╝

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:48 pm
User Image

With a pop and a snap of smoke and bright light, Rafe appeared on a side alley off of Diagon with Eponine at his side, her hand laying on his arm. He was only too happy to pull his arm out of her grasp gently as though it was a casual motion and he resisted rubbing the place where she had touched, trying not to think about the grip that she had put on him for their brief Apparation. Though she had always seemed as against their union as he was, Rafe often wondered if she hadn’t taken her parent’s suggestion to heart. They had understood when he politely refused but he could not refuse to offer the common courtesy of helping her get on her feet in London. Unfortunately.

Stepping forward onto the main thoroughfare he could not stop a wide smile from curving his lips upward. Everytime he looked down the length of the street he flashed back to his trip to get his school supplies before his first year of Hogwarts. It was not the first time that he was here but it was the most memorable. Especially since that was the day that he got his first wand. Oak, twelve and a quarter inches, very stiff with a unicorn hair. It had been a wonderful wand and the beginning of a deep love of wand lore and crafting. Despite his lack of enthusiasm for his current company, he found a renewed joy just being here.

Turning to her with his expression vibrant and joyful, he gestured down the alley, “Shall I take you on a tour?”

Nee regarded him with a critical eye. This was one of those perplexing moments for her. Generally she found Rafferty Gaines to be annoying, pompous, and stupid. But then he would get excited by a wand or a book or some silly old cobbled street and just look incredibly handsome. Unfortunately that changed nothing of him underneath and she still knew well that he was not good enough for an heiress like she. Though she was about to accept his offer when a tiny screech caught her attention. A small Scops owl hooted as it whipped over head and circled around, landing on a windowsill nearby, hooting at her and biting at the message it carried. Stepping over she saw that it was indeed sent to her.

Having delivered it’s note, the small owl gave a final hoot and took off again. Eponine looked to Rafe who just shrugged and gestured for her to go on and read it. Unrolling the small scroll she scanned it quickly with an air of indifference that quickly changed. Her expression intensified and she reread it with deep attention to each word. For a long while Rafe watched her just stare at the note before her head reeled back and she let out a triumphant “Ha!”

His forehead knotted. He didn’t know who she possibly knew in London that would send her an owl only a few hours after their arrival from Paris. Nee turned to him, her expression all smug superiority. “I sent in my resume to the Daily Prophet while I was still in Paris. This is their letter offering me a position there as a writer. It seems that you will be rid of me soon enough.”

Rafferty just stared at her. He had been hoping in vain to get his own shop on Diagon Alley in vain for the past few months. There just wasn’t space. So for work he was going to have to strike out and try to find a different source of employment than he had originally planned. But Nee, the spoiled, rich, selfish, conniving wench of a witch was just breezing through life. Strange how things happened. Her family was wealthy and well connected and things had come easy to her for her entire life. Some people were just charmed he supposed. However he reminded himself of the good news that she would be moved out of his house soon.

she continued, unable to keep her haughty good spirits restrained, “I’ll have to pass on the tour. Just point me in the direction of my new place of employment.”

Rafferty sent her off in the correct direction and shook his head as he watched her go, chuckling to himself. Merlin help the poor people that she was going to work for.

Turning, he headed in the opposite direction with hopes of finding a job for himself. He had to do something to get enough money to fix his family manor house up. Perhaps he could find another apprentice position for now. He smiled warmly as he headed toward the old weathered sign that hung above Ollivander’s.

{Exit -
Rafe to: Ollivander’s Wand Shop
Nee to: Daily Prophet Office}

User Image

Robotic KiaKat

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:24 am
User Image

Anastasia was relieved to step out onto the main street of Diagon Alley. After eating breakfast, the entire family had gathered together around their fireplace to travel to Gearvin's office and then. after his usual warning to his children about how they were expected to behave and what to avoid, they left. The usual hustle and bustle of the streets caused a smile to tug on her face. Gearvin might constantly be out and about, but she enjoyed shopping. "Well now,, where should we go first?" she muttered, looking down at the list of school supplies. It had been a long time since she had done this, and she had to remind herself that things had changed around the area since she was last in school.

(Family Exit to Gringotts)  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:24 pm
A house divided...
Cannot stand...
We must stand together...

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Woil moved down the street, contemplating everything that had happened the past three years. He couldn't believe he was living his life on his own. After being so long without his own mind, it still felt weird that all his thoughts were his own. He smiled and waved at anyone he recognized from his school. He stopped and stared into Obscurus Books and watched his brother for a few minutes. Maybe he should get a job too... His aunt and uncle are starting to get a little poor.

╔══════════════╗
Injuries: None.
Mood: Calm.
╚══════════════╝

User ImageUser Image

User Image User Image User Image

Or we will all die alone...

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

LoverofMusic1568

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:56 am
User Image
Seren Meinir
~Ravenclaw~Second Year~Relationship Status: Single~

Walking out of Obscurus Books, Seren couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief. She had gotten the courage to ask Yia to hang out. At least she didn't do it the scared way by handing him the hand written letter that she had written. Smiling Seren walks down the streets of Diagon Alley and waits for Yia to get off of work.

Wearing

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:07 pm
A house divided...
Cannot stand...
We must stand together...

User Image

User Image
User Image

Yia yawned and stretched as his shift ended. He gladly took off his uniform and put it away. He gladly waved goodbye to his boss and hopped down the steps of Obscurus Books. He blinked in the sun waiting for his eyes to adjust before turning his eyes bright red and turned his hair a black color. First time he'd changed in awhile.

He waited in the front of the shop as he waited for Seren to find him. He honestly wondered what was not only wrong with her, but why she wanted to talk to him.

╔══════════════╗
Injuries: None.
Mood: Bored.
╚══════════════╝

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Or we will all die alone...

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

LoverofMusic1568

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:16 pm
User Image
Seren Meinir
~Ravenclaw~Second Year~Relationship Status: Single~

After wandering down the streets waiting for Yia to get off work, Seren comes back to Obscurus Books and blushes slightly seeing Yia standing up front, sporting a new and different look. Shaking her head slightly to get rid of her blush Seren walks towards to the store and smiles.
"Hey again Yia." She says to him as she stopped almost right infront of him. She then places her hand in her pants pocket and relizes that she still had that letter in her pants. I wonder what I should do with the letter. She thought to herself.

Wearing

User Image

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games