Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The War for Allansia: FULL! :) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:59 pm
Go half-elf to tank up the hp and stick close to either of the defenders so we can pound anybody who whacks you. Tag Recuperating Strike for your dilettante because you're gonna want the thp. Second choice is Howling Strike so you can use it with charges. Actually go for Howling strike, you won't have to worry about your con so much.

More thoughts. Dawn's sword was a gift from Maryn, either he made it or he knew some dwarves, or dwarven smithing techniques to make her a cold iron feyslaughter blade.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:38 pm
Oops! I forgot about Fish! Sorry stressed although I'm glad we have the eighth person though.

Can't believe I cocked up so badly...

Anyway, don't worry about rushing it Pyschofish, I just forgot that we had an 8th player
whee  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:54 pm
Tanking it up? Maybe.

With two defenders on a team of four though, I think I need to worry more about providing extra offense than anything. Or at least be focused on healing you more than rebuffing myself. My main concern is the gamble with the bravura presence, and I keep trying to figure out if the Improved Bravura feat gives a bonus to the triggering attack, the free basic, or both.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:28 pm
Psychofish
Tanking it up? Maybe.

With two defenders on a team of four though, I think I need to worry more about providing extra offense than anything. Or at least be focused on healing you more than rebuffing myself. My main concern is the gamble with the bravura presence, and I keep trying to figure out if the Improved Bravura feat gives a bonus to the triggering attack, the free basic, or both.

ah the improved bravura feat increases the chance to hit only with the initial attack or allows us a special movement action.

it doesn't affect our ability to hit with the basic attack.
now that we've clarified that xD.

I took Lion's Roar as my 7th level encounter power, it offered me the versatility to heal myself or an ally.

plus with my amulet of false life, when I become bloodied I can use that to create a pool of THP to be eaten away first xD.  

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

iDragow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:08 am
Go Minotaur! He can be all stoic and stuff! It'd be awesome! rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:18 am
ummmm I'm fairly certain Minotaurs and Dwarves don't get along as a race aren't Minotaurs typically more well evil for the majority?  

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:55 am
There are minotaurs that revere Baphomet and there are minotaurs that don't. I don't think those that don't are in the majority though, much like gnolls who don't revere Yeenoghu. Of course, Adventurers are always a minority.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:32 am
Arc Vembris
There are minotaurs that revere Baphomet and there are minotaurs that don't. I don't think those that don't are in the majority though, much like gnolls who don't revere Yeenoghu. Of course, Adventurers are always a minority.

Of course.  

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

iDragow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:34 am
According to the info on the DDI Character Creator, Minotaurs are usually good. They have a sect-type system, where standing amongst other minotaurs is their top priority, except the evil ones. They're seen as an evil race by the "civilized" peoples because the most famous minotaurs are the evil ones.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:58 am
iDragow
According to the info on the DDI Character Creator, Minotaurs are usually good. They have a sect-type system, where standing amongst other minotaurs is their top priority, except the evil ones. They're seen as an evil race by the "civilized" peoples because the most famous minotaurs are the evil ones.

Yeah thats what I believe. Only the evil and savage minotaurs who sacrifice to Baphomet get any...'press' lol  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:35 am
NayrVentess
iDragow

Yeah thats what I believe. Only the evil and savage minotaurs who sacrifice to Baphomet get any...'press' lol
according to the dragon article, after baphomet went from primordial to demon, minotaurs were kinda like orphaned children, and were adopted by Erathis, hence the caste system. Since baphomet made them, they're constantly torn between natural savagery and civilization. Some give in to the former (the evil ones) others hold to the latter, (the good ones, probably including adventurers).

in this setting minotaurs in the barbarian tribes would probably walk a finer line, and you could probably swap out Melora for Erathis, making it more a matter of following he natural order vs. being savage destroyers, rather than order vs. savagery.

/geeking out on fluff  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:56 am
SporkMaster5000
NayrVentess
iDragow

according to the dragon article, after baphomet went from primordial to demon, minotaurs were kinda like orphaned children, and were adopted by Erathis, hence the caste system. Since baphomet made them, they're constantly torn between natural savagery and civilization. Some give in to the former (the evil ones) others hold to the latter, (the good ones, probably including adventurers).

in this setting minotaurs in the barbarian tribes would probably walk a finer line, and you could probably swap out Melora for Erathis, making it more a matter of following he natural order vs. being savage destroyers, rather than order vs. savagery.

/geeking out on fluff

well I'm a worshipper of Melora first and foremost xD so yeah.
any faithful of Melora is going to be better off then say faithful of Orcus or Tiamat or even Pelor.

Interestingly unlike most dwarves Daermaryn doesn't believe Moradin was the creator of the dwarves, he believes that Moradin was certainly the shaper.

oh and what's fluff?  

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:23 am
VelvetAssasin
SporkMaster5000
NayrVentess
iDragow

/geeking out on fluff

any faithful of Melora is going to be better off then say faithful of Orcus or Tiamat or even Pelor.

Interestingly unlike most dwarves Daermaryn doesn't believe Moradin was the creator of the dwarves, he believes that Moradin was certainly the shaper.

oh and what's fluff?

Fluff is just description and extra stuff about something that isn't necessary, but nice to know...jut to fluff your knowledge up smile

And I don't necessarily believe that followers of Melora would be more 'good' than those Pelor, since Melora's followers may take down anyone who they seem to be against nature.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:36 am
Darn, with the oversized weapon wielding and basic attack on unconsciousness, the minotaur's are getting really tempting. The fluff isn't bad, and I'm probably distrusting too much the ability of a STR+2vsAC to hit at level 8 too much.

It's mostly the part where I'd have to play a giant bull that's making me wary.

Guh, so many things to consider. @_____@  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:56 am
NayrVentess
VelvetAssasin
SporkMaster5000
NayrVentess
iDragow

/geeking out on fluff

oh and what's fluff?

Fluff is just description and extra stuff about something that isn't necessary, but nice to know...jut to fluff your knowledge up smile

And I don't necessarily believe that followers of Melora would be more 'good' than those Pelor, since Melora's followers may take down anyone who they seem to be against nature.

not good as in alignment good silly lolz good as in possible allies good.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff