Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Ragnok OOC Forum Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you like the roleplay so far?
  Love it!
  Pretty Good
  So-so
  Could be better
  Don't like it
  I LIKE GOLD!!!
View Results

Derpzilla88

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:26 pm
Sadly, I must keep most of the ideas to myself or it will ruin secrets and turns I have planned. Don't worry though. It'll all come in time.

And now to completely change the topic:
Being the gigantic Star Wars fan that I am, I'm super super excited for a new book that just came out. It's the first of it's kind.
The first Star Wars horror novel!!!
And I found this awesome fanmade preview for it on Youtube. Death Troopers
Watch it and see if it would be a book you'd read. Unless you're not into horror. Or Sci-fi/Star Wars.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:05 pm
For anyone still paying attention to this:
Happy Halloween!!!
Now go enjoy some candy.  

Derpzilla88

Sassy Stormy Sky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:35 pm
for anyone else still paying attention....

we're bored.
Stop fighting or invite us already. =]
thank you.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:01 pm
Okay, so things are starting to look better for the roleplay. We are now in the next chapter, and hopefully, allowing new members into it (along with me now knowing where I want the story to go) it will get moving and be as popular as it once was.  

Derpzilla88

Mikilala1the1third

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:34 pm
First, I want to say how profusely sorry I am for not posting in forever and a day. But I am back from the dead, and I'm excited to keep roleplaying however much I am able to.

For the popularity, we should do something to bring attention to the forum. For example, what if we held some sort of writing contest in the guild (with a prize we could all pitch in on), and we could mention the fact that we're part of Ragnok (huzzah for subliminal messaging). OR, We could recommend the winner(s) to join the RP themselves, therefore getting some real talented RPers in.

Or maybe no one would care... but it'd be an awesome try for some new faces.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:07 pm
Worship me on the 4th, for that is the day of my 23rd moon. All hail the mighty Aenwyrm!  

Aenwyrm

Wealthy Citizen

7,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200

Derpzilla88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:03 am
Then on the 4th, we shall worship you Aenwyrm, as you so rightly deserve on that day.

A contest? That would be fun to do. I'm not sure what the writing contest would be about if we hosted one though. But we could still try. Maybe I'd just put you in charge of that Mikilala, since you seem to know what to do.
Personally, though, if I held a contest for the roleplay specifically, I'd want to make it an art contest for the artists of the guild to draw one or more of our characters. It could be fun to see how they turn out. Only problem is that I don't know if we'd get as many people to do art as we would to do a writing contest.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:37 pm
I get lazy with contests, and if we did do one I'd have to be coaxed into writing something cause my artwork is made of fail.

I'm good with writing it just takes a while to get the spark that really cranks out the good scribbles.  

Aenwyrm

Wealthy Citizen

7,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200

Mikilala1the1third

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:16 pm
Haha. Kmart, that'd be way cool to do. I'm already paying somebody on the art forums to draw Kaila, so I'm really excited to see that work out. I just hope my description of Kaila's personality comes out in the art, you know? I'll gladly host a contest. If I can get help on a reward (and a panel of judges, if you're interested), then I am more than happy to make one.

This is what I"m thinking: Judging: Ragnok writers judge the pieces, plus one bonus vote for whoever's piece has the greatest popularity (decided by poll). Winners: Top two winners receive big prize and invite to role play, 3rd place (only if we get LOTS to participate) will get a lesser prize. How much g should be awarded to each? Entry size: Must be under 1,200 words. Entry Topic: We make the opening sentence, and each entry must start with that starter or perish, and then they write a snippet of a story to finish it. How's that sound to you guys?

Aenwyrm: Ha! I lack the motivation for most things in life, too, don't worry. xd (And happy almost birthday!)  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:25 pm
Hey, do you want to help me with the starter sentence? Here's what I"m thinking, but I'm a little braindead right now. sad

I didn't think I did anything wrong—well, not until they started coming for me...

I was staring out the window, tracing my finger along the dusty panes, when I saw it...
Staring at the scene before me, I knew I could never be the same again...
Some people like to say love conquers all...

If they're stupid topics, you can say so. Frankly, I didn't realize how hard topic-starting was until I actually started writing these; I don't expect them to be my greatest works of literature. biggrin Any recommendations? I say we either start with whichever is ya'll's favorites and decide from there if we want multiple topic sentences.  

Mikilala1the1third

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Derpzilla88

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:02 pm
I think that we could use all those topic starters and people could choose which one they want to use for the start of their story.
I think it'd be a good idea if you were just in charge of the contest thing since you seem to know what you're doing the best. I will pitch in for the prize for sure and will also help with organization of you want.
But we'd also have to find a way to let people know we're doing a contest. It'll suck if only one or two people actually try. Also, I think we should make joining the roleplay optional for all competetors instead of needing an invite.
What do you think? Sound good?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:00 pm
Yeah, we can do that. I wanted to get the really good role players to join, but it is probably better to invite anyone. As for publicity, it will be in this forum, which enough OOC's are in to attract some attention, and we can see if we can post something in the main forum for it. Maybe the mods will say no, but then I can still go around and invite people.  

Mikilala1the1third

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Derpzilla88

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:30 pm
Why don't you post the rough draft of the contest here and I can see if it needs any tweaking before we post it as an official contest. However, I don't think we should post the contest on the front page unless we get permission from one of the main mods (Eternally Gone would be a good choice to ask).  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 pm
Change of topic.

Random post.

Meow.  

Aenwyrm

Wealthy Citizen

7,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]