Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Fool's Grove [4e] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 36 37 38 39 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:18 pm
Oshi the Killer
I choose you Athletics!

+10
it would've been a lot more satisfying if after all that you failed.

Oh hey, look, some character I can get into:

initiative:
24- Fawks - 15 damage
20 - Sylvanis - 24 damage
17-enveloper1 - 25 damage, cursed, Marked by Fawks
17-enveloper2- 40 damage, cursed, marked by Van
12-Vanguard - 12 damage, 4 temp HP, grabbed
6-Colbertron - 5 damage, 4 temp HP
4-Mercutio

Fawks manages to break free of his doppelganger's grasp, then he pounds the parody out of it! His hammer also manages to knock off actual substance that it starts to look kinda shaky (bloodied). It is still quite gooey though.

((just like that it's back to Sylvanis. map cuz people moved))  
SkyCore rolled 2 20-sided dice: 16, 1 Total: 17 (2-40)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:46 pm
Rushing into the Grove came a large creature that could only be described as a humanoid Bird of some kind. It's face seemed rather Crow or Raven like however its feathers were a Brilliant White down. After analyzing the situation the Foul gripped its Lute and began to play a Soothing Melody "It appears you Folks could use some... Inspiration!". A mixture of finely crafted sounds and rejuvenative magic gathered around the Half-Elf and began to aid in his recovery.

Afterwards the Kenku would focus his Song on one of the attacking Monsters, the Rhythm changed to a harsh, striking tune and he began to spit out Improperly phrased 'Yo Mama' jokes that only served to make the make himself look foolish. The Bird Creature tried to cover up his Blunder with some random Squawking noises and hoped no one was listening...

Quote:
Initiative: +3 (19)

Move Action: Pass through the door and move 4 Squares NE, I'm not sure exactly where that puts me, but should be good enough.

Minor Action: Majestic Word @ Sylvanis. Gain a Healing Surge +4, and I slide him/her one Square SW.

((Hopefully that doesn't ruin any of your guys plans. But it looks like both Sylv and Van will gain Flanking if Fawks moves West.))

Standard Action: Vicious Mockery @ S2, +6 (Crit Flub) vs Will. crying
Hit: 1d6 Psychic Damage, and the Targets takes a -2 Penalty to Attack Rolls until the End of my next Turn.

SkyCore

SporkMaster5000 rolled 4 20-sided dice: 3, 3, 18, 16 Total: 40 (4-80)

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:09 pm
+6 vs. mercutio AC
+7 vs. mercutio Fort if that works
+9 vs. van fort
+6 vs. sylvanis AC  
SporkMaster5000 generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:10 pm
I'm lazy and want gaia to pick for me.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
SporkMaster5000 rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:16 pm
a familiar attack with +4 damage  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:32 pm
initiative:
24- Fawks - 15 damage
20 - Sylvanis - 17 damage
19 - Sora
17-enveloper1 - 25 damage, cursed, Marked by Fawks
17-enveloper2- 40 damage, cursed, marked by Van
12-Vanguard - 12 damage, 4 temp HP, grabbed, weakened (save ends)
6-Colbertron, 5 damage 4 temp HP
4-Mercutio

Sora rushes on the scene, inspiring Sylvanis to...be the reason he had to join the game in the first place. That's gratitude for you. Then he tries to insult a mindless white mass's mother, it doesn't care.

The enveloper he ignored proves just as inept, it attempts to make good on it's declaration while it was pretending to be Fawks, but its club-hand cannot grasp the messenger of the gods. In the process, it also ignore the real Fawks, which it might live to regret.

The mocked enveloper actually seems spurred onward by the ineffective jabs, once again shifting to a form not unlike Van, "I will make you my friends!" it says in the dopiest way possible, before manifesting its own spear of putty, and swinging it down, not at the target of its own mockery, but the net-dead half-elf. The wound is light, clearly meant as a friendly tap, but the arm and spear slough off the main mass, and then erupt in an area of jagged spikes, very reminiscent of the ones Van summoned out of the very earth earlier.

((Sylvanis heals 12 then takes 7.
Fawks can combat challenge enveloper one for missing mercutio.
Van can warden immediate action thing enveloper two for totally jacking his style.
Van is weakened and still grabbed, but can go after his action, followed by Colbertron, Mercutio, Fawks, Sylvanis and Sora, in that order, but post at your leisure. Since Sylvanis's player dissapeared without a trace instead of giving me word he couldn't continue, i'll keep him around for the encounter in hopes of his return, then the character will vanish until the player returns.

map, spiky bits hit you for 5 damage if you enter or start your turn in them.))  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Psychofish rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:23 pm
((Holy crap, hadn't expected it to steal en encounter. @_____@

And here's hoping I somehow do enough damage to finish it with my interrupt attack.

Edit: Or I could miss horribly.))

The call for truce was obviously unheeded as the creature seemed to turn into some spear wielding warforged again before Vanguard's eyes. He did not understand what it was doing, but asking to be friends did not compute with moving to strike one of Vanguard's friends. So he made quick and thrust at the thing while it was still forming the spear and drawing it back for its strike.

[Warden's Fury: 1d20+10=14 vs Fortitude]  
Psychofish rolled 4 20-sided dice: 12, 3, 1, 4 Total: 20 (4-80)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:38 pm
Rocked by the motion of the being shifting and readying a lunge while he was caught along for the ride, Vanguard's thrust sailed off course and into the air, and with nearly robotic patience and stoicism he drew it back to ready a second thrust for the clay man.

This was about the point he felt the spikes of earth digging into him, and stopped, puzzled by the creature suddenly calling upon nature's power it aid it against him using nature's power against it to aid him. However, Vanguard realized living fleshy things were even stranger than most living warforged he knew, so maybe Nature had its own reasons he did not understand. He hardly felt the pricks through the stony buffer from harm collected about his legs by his own personal aid. To reassure himself it was still on his side too, however, he made sure to properly mark each of them with his power right then and there.

Down to business now that he was without friends to make, silenced by mild confusion and frustration, the warforged tried once more to pull itself free, careful not to p***k itself further on the spikes.

And then, much like clockwork, he collected his power and thrust the spear again.

Confused by it all and distracted, he seemed to accomplish little else but regaining a bit of his strength, however. That and pricking himself lightly on the spikes of earth he already stood on as he tried tried to lay far too much force for the precarious footing into the blow.

[Font of Life vs Weakened: Success]
[Mark Envelopers]
[Athletics: 1d20+9=12vsFort, no shift if successful]
[Strength of Stone: 1d20+10=CRITMISS, 2 Damage from fumble]
[Saving Throw(if Font of Life fails) Weakened: N/A]

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

SkyCore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:13 pm
((I'm not sure I followed what happened, but E1 Attacked Mercutio and missed right? If that's the case...))

Sora witnessed the Invoker elegantly dodge the assault from these strange creatures. Inspired by his the grace of his movements, a talon like finger was extended as the Kenku began conducting another spell, "Winds... of Protection!" a ribbon of white air wrapped around the Human and lifted him to safety.

Quote:
Virtue of Cunning: Slide Mercutio 1 Square East off the spikes so he doesn't take the damage at the start of his turn.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:46 am
initiative:
24- Fawks - 15 damage
20 - Sylvanis - 17 damage
19 - Sora
17-enveloper1 - 25 damage, cursed, big hug spent, Marked by Van
17-enveloper2- 40 damage, cursed, big hug spent, marked by Van
12-Vanguard - 15 damage, grabbed
6-Colbertron - 5 damage, 4 temp HP
4-Mercutio

As the enveloper fails in its attempt to envelop the invoker, the newcomer on the scene takes the opportunity to pull the controller out of melee just before the imitation spikes with real pain flavor burst into existence.

Van manages to call on natures power to force his face off his enemy's body, but afterwards seems to forget how to hurt the creature like he had been, clearly shaken by its theft of all his secret techniques.

((Van still can't break the grab.
Colbertron, mercutio, fawks, sylvanis, sora: go. post-cunning map))  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
SkyCore rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

SkyCore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:40 am
Moving to his own Rhythm the Bird creature began to spin about in place extending its index fingers and crossing his hands over his head. As he pulled his arms back down ribbons of air where pulled by his fingers as streams of air pressure began to build up. Quickly he shot his arms upward, throwing the air currents into twin blades of concussive force, "Imperiaaaaaal... TYPHOON!!"

Quote:
Move Action: 1 Square North.

Standard Action: Focused Sound @ E1, +6 (24) vs Reflex.
Hit: Until the End of my Next turn, any attack against E1 can score a Critical on a Roll of 18-20.

If I hit with Focused Sound:
Free Action: Harsh Sonblade Power - Every Enemy within 2 Squares of E1 is Dazed until the end of my Next Turn

SkyCore rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:42 am
Focus Sound Damage: 1d10 +5 (8) Thunder Damage, and until the end of my next turn any attack against the Target can Score a Crit on a roll of 18-20.  

SkyCore

Arc Vembris rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:02 am
"It's times like these that I like to dispense some Sound Advice." Colbertron holds forth his rod and a blast of patriotic energy lances toward the more gravely injured Enveloper.

((Eldritch Blast +7 Vs. Env2's reflex))  
Arc Vembris rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:03 am
+5 damage  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Arc Vembris rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:07 am
18 total damage to E2  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 36 37 38 39 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items