Where were YOU this weekend? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Imzy
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:47 pm
Surely someone here has been to an event recently and has a tale or two to tell? Please, share!

I'll even get the ball rolling. This weekend I day-tripped to an event called Dragonflies. As soon as I got on site it became quickly apparent WHY the event was so named--the site was right next to a river and the fish flies / mayflies / dragonflies / whatever were EVERYWHERE. Blech. It was actually a rather disappointingly small event, not much was going on, but it was still nice to sit in the sun by the list field and watch the fighters, with a bit of sewing to keep my hands busy. And, I won some nice jewelry in the silent auction, as well. Other than that, though, not much excitement. There was a small A&S competition/display, and supposively some archery going on, but when I wandered over to where the archery range was set up, no one was about. I suspect everyone else in the region was either at the big event down in the Barony of Three Rivers in St. Louis, or up at Warriors & Warlords in Black River Falls--which was where I really, really wanted to be. I hope CassiusD joins the Guild when he gets back so he can give the play by play.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:00 pm
I was at Warriors and Warlords, unfortunately I don't have alot to tell about it. Thursday I set up camp and talked to people. Friday I did alot of shopping and threw spears until I decided to throw them all at the same spot and chopped up the handle of one of them. Friday I got my armor inspected, got dehydrated and heat sick and spent the rest of the day at camp with cold packs and water. Then today I got rather depressed as camp was broken down, I always get depressed when a camping event ends. Also my face, head, and shoulders now match my tunic, bright red. Despite the sickness and sunburn it was great though, I love going to that event. I did have alot of time to think, I'm not sure that was such a good thing though.  

CassiusD

Imzy
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:16 pm
CassiusD
I was at Warriors and Warlords, unfortunately I don't have alot to tell about it. Thursday I set up camp and talked to people. Friday I did alot of shopping and threw spears until I decided to throw them all at the same spot and chopped up the handle of one of them. Friday I got my armor inspected, got dehydrated and heat sick and spent the rest of the day at camp with cold packs and water. Then today I got rather depressed as camp was broken down, I always get depressed when a camping event ends. Also my face, head, and shoulders now match my tunic, bright red. Despite the sickness and sunburn it was great though, I love going to that event. I did have alot of time to think, I'm not sure that was such a good thing though.

Tsk. Forgot the sunscreen, eh? I'm proud of myself--I remembered mine, so my bodice burn isn't too bad. wink Shame on those waterbearers for letting you get dehydrated, though! They're usually pretty good about shoving jugs of water and gatorade at the fighters to keep 'em going. Was Lord Michaeus running the Thrown Weapons range? Didja say hi to him for me? wink And did you happen to make it by the bardic circle? *siiiiiiiigh* I love DubDub's bardic circle....  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:29 pm
Imzy
CassiusD

Tsk. Forgot the sunscreen, eh? I'm proud of myself--I remembered mine, so my bodice burn isn't too bad. wink Shame on those waterbearers for letting you get dehydrated, though! They're usually pretty good about shoving jugs of water and gatorade at the fighters to keep 'em going. Was Lord Michaeus running the Thrown Weapons range? Didja say hi to him for me? wink And did you happen to make it by the bardic circle? *siiiiiiiigh* I love DubDub's bardic circle....

I had water a few times, it just didn't help much. I'm not real sure the name of the person who was running thrown weapons, I got so excited to throw that I forgot anything else. I did wear sunscrean, I applied spf 45+ from a new bottle (so it wasn't too old) every hour and still got scorched. Finally, I never made it to a bardic circle, I'm not the bardic type.

Really I'm just a simple fighter, I'm not nearly as versitle as most people in the SCA. I will never be a great fighter but it gets rid my anger and frustration, I have plenty of both so I really fight hard. Without fighting, throwing spears, and occasionally drinking I wouldn't know what to do in the sca. I can't dance, I trip over my feet or someone elses. I'm no good at socializing, I never know what to say. I don't do bardic stuff, I can't sing or tell stories nor do I like alot of people looking at me. I can throw spears, carry shields, swing maces, pound out some armor (although not great), and get drunk, that's about it.  

CassiusD

Imzy
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:48 pm
CassiusD
I had water a few times, it just didn't help much. I'm not real sure the name of the person who was running thrown weapons, I got so excited to throw that I forgot anything else. I did wear sunscrean, I applied spf 45+ from a new bottle (so it wasn't too old) every hour and still got scorched. Finally, I never made it to a bardic circle, I'm not the bardic type.

Really I'm just a simple fighter, I'm not nearly as versitle as most people in the SCA. I will never be a great fighter but it gets rid my anger and frustration, I have plenty of both so I really fight hard. Without fighting, throwing spears, and occasionally drinking I wouldn't know what to do in the sca. I can't dance, I trip over my feet or someone elses. I'm no good at socializing, I never know what to say. I don't do bardic stuff, I can't sing or tell stories nor do I like alot of people looking at me. I can throw spears, carry shields, swing maces, pound out some armor (although not great), and get drunk, that's about it.

It's ok, man, we'll forgive you for being a stickjock. Where would we be without 'em? wink

Lord Michaeus is a large bald guy who usually pulls his few remaining wisps of hair back into a tail at the back of his head, and he's usually wearing garb in white and green. He's also a fencer as well as a TW marshal. Sound familiar? smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:07 pm
Sounds familiar.  

CassiusD

GaijinGuy36

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:51 pm
Hey Cassius, do you like swords?
*nudgenudge and winkwink to Imzy* wink  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:02 pm
Gaijin32

*lol* Be nice to the fighter, hon. This ain't 8-bit Theater. biggrin  

Imzy
Crew

Arithrel
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:59 am
I haven't been to any events recently *sob*. Drachenwald's too spread out. lol. But in 17 days I'm going to Clinton War, at home in An Tir, and I'll most definetly have stories after that. I love war. It's good for the economy, in the words of former Baron of Lions Gate, Gerhard Kendal (RIP).  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:08 am
Arithrel
I haven't been to any events recently *sob*. Drachenwald's too spread out. lol. But in 17 days I'm going to Clinton War, at home in An Tir, and I'll most definetly have stories after that. I love war. It's good for the economy, in the words of former Baron of Lions Gate, Gerhard Kendal (RIP).

In the two years I've played in the SCA, I have yet to make it to a war. The closest thing I've come to was Warriors and Warlords last year, and... to be honest.... redface I didn't even watch any of the fighting.  

Imzy
Crew

Arithrel
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:13 am
Imzy
Arithrel

In the two years I've played in the SCA, I have yet to make it to a war. The closest thing I've come to was Warriors and Warlords last year, and... to be honest.... redface I didn't even watch any of the fighting.

*gasp* Get thee to a war! If I need to come down there, kidnap you, and bring you to Clinton with me I will! lol  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:19 am
Arithrel
Imzy
Arithrel

*gasp* Get thee to a war! If I need to come down there, kidnap you, and bring you to Clinton with me I will! lol

Honey, if you're payin', I'm there. biggrin  

Imzy
Crew

Arithrel
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:21 am
Imzy
Arithrel
Imzy
Arithrel

Honey, if you're payin', I'm there. biggrin

Ahhh...how I wish! lol  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:46 am
Gaijin32

Never use them, I prefer maces. I get in close, shield to shield, and keep swinging until someone dies (usually me).  

CassiusD

Imzy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:49 am
CassiusD
Gaijin32

Never use them, I prefer maces. I get in close, shield to shield, and keep swinging until someone dies (usually me).

Ahh, but I hear tell that a good, dramatic death is the most fun part! I've even seen tourneys where awards were given for Best Death. smile  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff