Reply SCA Guild
The Ultimate Setup Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So, whats your persona's style?
  PIRATE! ARRRRRGH!
  To go a Viking, boyo! The Norse O.P.! Original Pirate!
  Scottish, Lad! *raise up the Claymore*
  Roman, RAGH! *shield dropped, sword drawn*
  English / British style. A bit of sophistication, don't you agree?
  French / Musketeer. 'Tis better, no?
  Japanese. *bow*
  Italian / Romani / Gypsy. Ahh, to be free is the best of all!
  Um...none of the above. Sorry. : sweat :
View Results

Chibbi_Satan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:54 pm
Well my friends, I put this topic up because I am curious as to hear what others would like to have as thier own set up in the SCA.
I will first give my own example as to explain what I mean, then others can follow. 3nodding

The Drakkenguard Set-up

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

When comming upon our encampment, you will see a large Drakkar dragonship head with two doors in the front of the hull (A). This is for easy convineance when loading the "ship". biggrin
While on deck (B), you will see that on the edges of our ship are thin pilons spaced every 5 feet with roap guided in between each. This is because there are brown cloth blankets that are draiped over each section of roap to give the illusion of deck banisters. In the center of the deck is a LARGE Norse A-Frame with a huge mast sticking out of the center. Rigging, Rope, and Green/White striped sail included. Underneath this A-Frame is our party / meeting area.
To the PORT SIDE (C) there will be a ramp leading down (for when its party time and the main doors are closed).
To the AFT (D) there will be another ramp that will be closed at all time except to Drakkenguard Memebers.
And on SHORE, will be the drakkenguard commons (our camping area) filled with many Norse A-Frames and Huts. Perhaps even a long house or two. sweatdrop

So, what do you think? 4laugh  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:06 pm
Looks very interesting M'Lord. Hope I get a chance to see it one of these days! wink

But alas, I have no set up (unless you count a mondane tent set up wherever there's space, usually shared with 2 or 3 friends of mine! sweatdrop )
....But when I leave my little shire! ... *dreams* 4laugh heart  

Naito_Mitsukai

Chibbi_Satan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:37 pm
Naito_Mitsukai
Looks very interesting M'Lord. Hope I get a chance to see it one of these days! wink

But alas, I have no set up (unless you count a mondane tent set up wherever there's space, usually shared with 2 or 3 friends of mine! sweatdrop )
....But when I leave my little shire! ... *dreams* 4laugh heart

Well then, tell me what you'd LIKE to have, my dear!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:20 am
sweatdrop I don't know yet! rofl Something Period - and bigger then a little tent! 3nodding  

Naito_Mitsukai

Chibbi_Satan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:39 am
Naito_Mitsukai
sweatdrop I don't know yet! rofl Something Period - and bigger then a little tent! 3nodding

LOL rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:41 pm
hmm mine is well... a very tiny blue tent. about 2.5 to 3 ft tall about 5 ft long, set up undersome trees somewhere with an armor bag beside it. mrgreen

I dont think I would want an in period tent... with the amount of spiders and other unwanted bugs I have incountered at events... I want a tent that doesn't let those in.  

Artimus_Twitch

CassiusD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:12 am
I actually don't know what I'll have yet. I know I don't want a period tent, with all the animals and bugs around I prefer to have something that closes up tight. If I get my old tent back in the divorce I'll have my 8 man cabin tent, otherwise it depends on what I decide to buy.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:21 pm
I have alot of plans for my own personal set up. I am far to interested in being period as best as I can. It may take me awhile but I will be.  

Snaebjorn

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:39 am
I want to make my own tent. One that looks period from the outside, but has a bottom that attatches to the top and closes with more than just ties. Like everyone else has said, I don't want the animals and such in. Now I just need a pattern that I can modify and lots and lots of canvas.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:20 pm
scream *refrains from going berzerk* stare You guys are SCAdians, CAMPING, and your worried about animals and bugs? *shakes his head*  

Chibbi_Satan

Snaebjorn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:39 am
Don't look at me Chibbi. I agree with you. I have a nice canvas wedge tent. No bottom. I camp at pennsic for 2 weeks at a time. And I camp mundanely as well.

Don't like bugs or animals then don't go camping. Period.

Sorry but I'm one of those SCAdians who feels if your a 7th generation apartment dweller who thinks Central Park is a good idea of nature then you should have two choices. Either stay in the city where we don't have to watch over you or for every 3 apt dwellers you should have a country bumpkin along to take care of the fire and what not so you don't burn yourself down.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:38 pm
Chibbi_Satan
scream *refrains from going berzerk* stare You guys are SCAdians, CAMPING, and your worried about animals and bugs? *shakes his head*

Hai, I agree - then again, that comes with the territory! Youngest of four children - only girl, and a proud 'n tough Sea Cadet!

Bugs? Worse come to worse, be un-period, grab some bug spray! 3nodding

Animals? twisted Fair game if they come near my tent! twisted Hehehe!

Cold? Cold, what cold? It'll be alright in a second, it'll be numb soon! 3nodding heart  

Naito_Mitsukai

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 am
I really don't have a right to say anything on this subject...
At the war, I have a house... with stairs... and a floor...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:04 am
I don't really have a problem with bugs and animals, I mean, I've owned snakes... and you can't own snakes without handling things that other people find gross. I just don't want things crawling on me when I'm sleeping. I know they sometimes get in anyways, but I at least like to keep them to a minimum. But that's just me. (and I may live in a city now, but I was raised in farmland)

- And no, I'm not taking offense. I just think it's funny that you guys think it's got to be either hard core roughing it or go back to the city.

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:47 am
LittleGreenGirl
I don't really have a problem with bugs and animals, I mean, I've owned snakes... and you can't own snakes without handling things that other people find gross. I just don't want things crawling on me when I'm sleeping. I know they sometimes get in anyways, but I at least like to keep them to a minimum. But that's just me. (and I may live in a city now, but I was raised in farmland)

- And no, I'm not taking offense. I just think it's funny that you guys think it's got to be either hard core roughing it or go back to the city.

Hehe, no M'Lady, I don't agree with their 'Nothin' but a cloak, or back to the city with ye' remark (yes, I know I'm over-exagerating you're comment guys, but it's just more fun that way wink ). I simply stating my life-style! xd Though I can agree with the 'not wanting the bugs crawling all over' - I personally hate that! xd But the way I see it - Ignorance is bliss! Don't think about it, hopefully they won't bother me! 3nodding heart  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff