How Jews, Christians, and Muslims see the Last Days Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

famusamu
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:12 pm
This article was taken from Israel Today. I'd like to discuss this further, so I made it a topic

Quote:
Jews
According to the Tanach (OT) and Sanhedrin 97 b of the Talmud there will be 10 signs heralding the coming Redemption. They are known as the Birth pangs of Messiah:

1.) The world will either be in a state of complete righteous or complete degradation

2.) Truth will decrease and lies will prevail

3.) Inflation will be out of control

4.)The Jews will return to Yisrael and the desert will bloom

5.) There will be fewer and fewer wise and righteous people

6.)Many Jews will give up the hope of redemption

7.)The young will treat the old with disrespect

8.) Learning will be rejected because people will desire a life of ease

9.)The whole world will turn against Yisrael

10.) The Jews will fight each other (the secular against the religious)

In the war of Gog and Magog, G-d will defeat Yisrael's enemies and confirm that the nation of Yisrael is His Chosen people. Earthly Redemption lasts 6,000 years afterwards eternity will come.

Quote:
Christians
In Y'shua's(Jesus') end times teachings(Matt24;Mark13;Luke21;Revelation), He speaks of the following signs:
The Beginning of Birth Pangs
1.) Wars and rumors of wars among the nations

2.)Famine and plagues(epidemics)

3.) False messiahs

4.)The Return of the Jews to the Land of Yisrael

5.) Restoration of Yisrael

The Birth Pangs
1.) The Gospel spreads to all the nations of the world

2.)The false prophets arise

3.)The Jerusalem Temple will be reestablished

4.)the abomination of desolation

5.)Hatred among the nations towards Yisrael

6.)Uncontrolable anarchy

7.)Signs in the Heavens and natural diasters

8.)Tribulation

9.)People's indifference to the sign of the times

After the battle of Armageddon, the Messiah Himself will appear in the clouds and the 1,000 year reign will begin. Ha Satan will be in chains. When the 1,000 years ends G-d creates a New Heaven and a New Earth. The New Jerusalem will decend from Heaven.{By Saint John's account the New Jerusalem will be a long, as wide and as tall as about the distance between New York and LA!} New Jerusalem will be "made ready as a bride adorned for her husband". (Rev.21:2) "The Tabernacle of G-d is among men....and G-d Himself shall be among them" (Rev.21:3)

Quote:
Muslims believe:
Major and Minor signs will precede the arrival of the Last Days. (Qur'an Surah 21:96, 27:82 & 43:61)

Minor Signs:
1.) Bloodshed among Muslim groups

2.)Increasing war in the world

3.)Time contracts with days becoming shorter

4.)Religious {muslim} awareness decreases

5.)Atheists become very common

6.) Muslims infiltrate all nations on Earth

Major Signs:
1.) Gross materialism

2.) Women outnumber men

3.)The Muslims{believe they} defeat the Jews in a holy war {jihad}

4.) Initially Muslims & Christians fight together against the unbelievers

Afterwards, the Muslims defeat the Christians in another holy war: "On Saturday we {muslims}kill the Jews and on Sunday the Christians!" Gog and Magog triumph. At the end of time the world is destroyed, and only true Muslims are saved, with the most honarable places of Heaven filled by martyrs who gave their lives for allah in holy war. After the earth is destroyed it is recreated and prevails 50,000 years.

Note from famu,
Muslims believe Y'shua (Jesus), whom they call 'Isa will return! But it's not the Jesus of the Bible! "Abu Huraira reported that the Messenger of Allah {the Muslim Jesus} (pbuh) said: By Him in Whose hand is my life, the son of Mary (pbuh) will soon descend among you as a just judge. He will break crosses, kill swine{ reference to the Jews} and abolish Jizya {tax on Christians}, and wealth will pour forth to such an extent that no one will accept it. Sahih Muslim, Vol.1. p.92"
Muslims believe Jesus will return to destroy the Antichrist and his hosts, that he will turn all men and women on earth into followers of Islam, and that he will usher in an age of unprecedented prosperity.What a gross misinterpretation of the Holy Bible! Satan loves to twist the bible around, doesn't he?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:42 am
Wow, I never knew that. *nods, thinking* That's very interesting....  

ShakouMari-na

famusamu
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:40 am
ShakouMari-na
Wow, I never knew that. *nods, thinking* That's very interesting....
Yes it is interesting, any other thoughts???  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:05 am
What about the prophecy in the Quran about the return of the Jews?

"And after him (Moses), we said to the children of Israel, dwell Ye in the promised land, and when the time of the promise of the latter days comes, we shall bring you out of various peoples".  

SonOfDawn

baptistgirl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:58 am
SonOfDawn
What about the prophecy in the Quran about the return of the Jews?

"And after him (Moses), we said to the children of Israel, dwell Ye in the promised land, and when the time of the promise of the latter days comes, we shall bring you out of various peoples".
Where is that written at? I'd be interested in finding it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:49 am
[Qur'an 17:104]

smile  

SonOfDawn

famusamu
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:05 pm
SonOfDawn
[Qur'an 17:104]

smile
The Qur'an's 3 versions appear to say 3 different things:

YUSUFALI: And We said thereafter to the Children of Israel, "Dwell securely in the land (of promise)": but when the second of the warnings came to pass, We gathered you together in a mingled crowd.
PICKTHAL: And We said unto the Children of Israel after him: Dwell in the land; but when the promise of the Hereafter cometh to pass We shall bring you as a crowd gathered out of various nations.
SHAKIR: And We said to the Israelites after him: Dwell in the land: and when the promise of the next life shall come to pass, we will bring you both together in judgment.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:57 am
Gog and Magog, eek hmmm those two names sound familiar for some reason, I just can't put my finger on it. whee  

Queen Nzingha Nandi

famusamu
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:33 am
Queen Nzingha Nandi
Gog and Magog, eek hmmm those two names sound familiar for some reason, I just can't put my finger on it. whee
Gog and Magog can be found together in the Bible twice:

Eze 38:2 Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,

Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom [is] as the sand of the sea.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:51 pm
^.^ interesting i need a copy of Torah and Que'an....0.0 but don't get too deep in other religions you mite end up doubting your own....  

Cradoc

Myslec

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:23 pm
Cradoc
^.^ interesting i need a copy of Torah and Que'an....0.0 but don't get too deep in other religions you mite end up doubting your own....
The bible tells us that we need not fear corruption. (I wish I could remember the verses) Anyway, with God as our guide, do you think a book could lead us astray?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:19 pm
Hmmm... you know, this guild is REALLY anti-Muslim, it seems. What is the reasoning behind calling the Qu'ran false and "Satan's work"?  

RoseRose

grani4fam1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:02 am
RoseRose
Hmmm... you know, this guild is REALLY anti-Muslim, it seems.

It's not intentional, to be sure. Are you a Muslim?

RoseRose
What is the reasoning behind calling the Qu'ran false and "Satan's work"?

The nature of any religion is to believe there is only one way. The reason for the existence of this guild is a discussion between Jews and Christians, who differ on their beliefs. Although we shouldn't be attacking other religions, we can't make every person from every religion who comes in here happy with our point of view. That just waters down the focus, effect and impact of the discussions here.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:29 am
grani4fam1
RoseRose
Hmmm... you know, this guild is REALLY anti-Muslim, it seems.

It's not intentional, to be sure. Are you a Muslim?

Nope, Jewish. I just noticed it, and it took me aback how much there seemed to be.

Quote:
RoseRose
What is the reasoning behind calling the Qu'ran false and "Satan's work"?

The nature of any religion is to believe there is only one way. The reason for the existence of this guild is a discussion between Jews and Christians, who differ on their beliefs. Although we shouldn't be attacking other religions, we can't make every person from every religion who comes in here happy with our point of view. That just waters down the focus, effect and impact of the discussions here.

I guess I see that statement as an attack. Say what you don't agree with. Don't insult it. Stating you think X part of the Qu'ran is wrong is perfectly fine... I just think it's crossing the line to add an insult. Does that make sense?  

RoseRose

Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces