What did you buy? thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MinaMouse

Magnetic Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:42 pm
Forgive me if there is a topic like this already. I couldn't find one.

Anyway, for those fortunate enough to be able to order dresses/accessories online or just found something lovely at a shop, post what you bought! (pictures not mandatory.)

I just ordered the 'ribbon lolita two piece blue' from Costmates (it's a Bodyline dress I believe?) and I also am bidding on this ADORABLE black dress from an eBay seller named honestdragonchina. (they have loads of cute dresses, and most of them they can tailor!)

The next time I go to the mall, I'll probably pick up some Hot Topic platforms/heels. They do have some really cute shoes that could go well with lolita outfits, and they can get quite cheap. heart (is a pennypincher) My other favorite place for shoes is actually Payless Shoes; they sell a ton of really cute Mary-Janes really cheap, and they last a long time too.

The other thing I bought is the mini-wing clips from the Gaia Store. sweatdrop Well, I love Gaia and I would like to support them by buying their merchandise... And those clips are so cute!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:44 pm
those clips are cute arnt they.. i plan to get them myself for xmas >.>

id love to get a dress from cosmates (provided i find one i like and one that fits.. curses for having a big chest..!)

HT does have some cute shoes sometimes..(again curses for having large shoe size >.< ) but payless has more a selection i think.  

VegaArcturus

Eloquent Heckler

Blackberry Sage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:47 pm
Is honestdragonchina really that good?

My ex-friend got a dress from them and I personally thought it was poorly crafted with cheapie materials. The netting was really itchy and parts of the sewing itself just seemed iffy to me. confused  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:04 pm
I wonder about HonestDragonChina, too. Even in the photos I've seen, things haven't always looked that great. Let us know how it is, when your item arrives.

I used to buy Payless shoes all the time, because, like you, I like to save my money. But, the shoes hurt my feet to much, and I've found that it's a better investment for me to save up and buy european shoes, in maryjane styles.

Just last week I bought some pretty pale green fabric to make a 'bustier' (really just a sleeveless blouse) and corset skirt set. I'll post pics when I'm done. And, in that vein, I think we need a thread for completed sewing/crafting projects to be shown off. I'll do it tomorrow, when I've finished resewing my jacket.  

PearlZenith
Vice Captain

+Loli Lace+

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:27 pm
I buy mostly fabrics to make my own dresses and such. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:47 pm
-C'est la lune qui conduit la danse...-

I haven't gotten my dress yet, but...

This dress , my Daddy's buying it for me as a Christmas present. ^-^

-...quand le soleil sera couché dans ton âme froide.-

Amanikitty

MinaMouse

Magnetic Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:17 pm
It came! My Cosmates dress is so darling! heart

User Image

I was so happy, I had to try it on at once, and demanded my brother take a picture of me. I was so happy about it I forgot to take the tag off the headdress and dress XD.

I guess I'm really lucky to be how I am, I have the exact same measurements as Japanese size Small! (my friends tease me about my height all the time, and now they say "even in Japan you're short!")  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:36 pm
+Loli Lace+

Same here. I just haven't been able to justify spending 200-300+ $ on a dress. Or 150+ on a blouse, because all the brand items that I love are so darn expensive. That's the problem with being as incredibly picky as I am.

Minamouse, that looks cute. You should stand up so we can see the entire thing. Maybe head outside, if it's not too freezing, to get some natural light on you, which is very flattering, compared to indoor light.

Amani Kitty, be careful. The image that HonestDragonChina is using is from the Mary Magdalene website, which is definitely a highquality brand (my favourite brand, actually) but, that's not a guarantee that HDC will be able to get the same exact materials, or the same shape. Best of luck.  

PearlZenith
Vice Captain

MinaMouse

Magnetic Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:00 pm
I think what HDC does is re-make popular dresses. But to be safe, I read through some customer reviews and they all seem to be positive. (Also their rating is very high.) So I'm going to order that dress I wanted from there, and see if it's a flop or not.
(about $60 for shipping is a little crazy, even from China.)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:16 pm
PearlZenith
+Loli Lace+

Same here. I just haven't been able to justify spending 200-300+ $ on a dress. Or 150+ on a blouse, because all the brand items that I love are so darn expensive. That's the problem with being as incredibly picky as I am.

Minamouse, that looks cute. You should stand up so we can see the entire thing. Maybe head outside, if it's not too freezing, to get some natural light on you, which is very flattering, compared to indoor light.

Amani Kitty, be careful. The image that HonestDragonChina is using is from the Mary Magdalene website, which is definitely a highquality brand (my favourite brand, actually) but, that's not a guarantee that HDC will be able to get the same exact materials, or the same shape. Best of luck.

I don't mind not spending so much, i reall wouldn't mind having a brand name dress, like the Amani Kitty one. THAT IS GORGEOUS my dear. heart I am uber jealous of you.

And i agree with Pearl on the Mina Mouse photo, a really pretty background can really make a difference, that was my favorite part of fashion design class, we learned about enhancing, although i have my own photographer that handles that kinda stuff, it will enhance the dress, stand up straight and let your beauty make the dress even prettier.

We are after all...the selected few to look beautiful in Lolita stuffles. Congrats my dear~! heart  

+Loli Lace+

PearlZenith
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:13 pm
Someday, yes someday, I will order from Mary Magdalene, VM, or IW, and I will own a dress and blouse that I didn't have to slave over. Because, when you think about it, they're really worth the money you're spending on them because of the high quality fabrics they use, and the details on them. Some of the brands I don't feel use as nice materials as Mary, VM or IW, but I can definitely see why their clothing is priced so high. Plus, Mary is a very small brand, and can't make large quantities of their items, so they have to make a profit somehow.

At the present, I'm sewing the bottom ruffle onto my Mary replica dress. The original fabric I chose for the ruffle I ended up not liking, and it took me a while to find an acceptable replacement. This dress has taken forever, but I'm satisfied with it. I wore it a few times without the ruffle; it was just shorter than I wanted - about an inch above my knees, but now it covers them. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:23 am
PearlZenith
Someday, yes someday, I will order from Mary Magdalene, VM, or IW, and I will own a dress and blouse that I didn't have to slave over. Because, when you think about it, they're really worth the money you're spending on them because of the high quality fabrics they use, and the details on them. Some of the brands I don't feel use as nice materials as Mary, VM or IW, but I can definitely see why their clothing is priced so high. Plus, Mary is a very small brand, and can't make large quantities of their items, so they have to make a profit somehow.

At the present, I'm sewing the bottom ruffle onto my Mary replica dress. The original fabric I chose for the ruffle I ended up not liking, and it took me a while to find an acceptable replacement. This dress has taken forever, but I'm satisfied with it. I wore it a few times without the ruffle; it was just shorter than I wanted - about an inch above my knees, but now it covers them. 3nodding

pictures definatly Pearl.

And i agree with you all the way, i have been trying to not look at all the pretty Brand name dresses because i want to start my own bussiness and i don't want replicas...actually my replica dresses cost more than my custom dresses. sweatdrop

One day, as well...i will get a Brand name dress.... sweatdrop  

+Loli Lace+

Blackberry Sage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:45 am
MinaMouse

I was so happy, I had to try it on at once, and demanded my brother take a picture of me. I was so happy about it I forgot to take the tag off the headdress and dress XD.

When I got my Moitie jacket I was so spastic I just put it on and started running around outside in the snow.

Then my friend stopped by and asked me to the mall, so I went without changing. I had to show off my Moitie, even though no on understood it...

The entire time I was at the mall I couldn't figure out what the hell was stabbing me in the back.

I didn't take off the tag before I put it on, lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:21 pm
I have almost all cosmates clothing

even though it sucks

way bad quality xd

and Moi Meme Moitie too

I ordered from Metamorphose a few days ago heart

Sanddru

+Loli Lace+

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:00 pm
Abusive Mana
I have almost all cosmates clothing

even though it sucks